PDA

View Full Version : Should we double team Blake Griffin, and let others beat us or vice versa?

Ditty
04-20-2015, 11:25 PM
Pop has never seem to be a coach that likes to double team, but it could be a strategy I could see, and rather see other than that stupid ass zone defense that never works if things start to get rough*that's what she said*.

TheGreatYacht
04-20-2015, 11:38 PM
If Diaw or Bonner starts at the 4, double him with Barnes' guy. Treat him like ZBo, tbh.. Make him shoot jumpers

Robz4000
04-20-2015, 11:41 PM
Shut down everyone else, let Griffin go for 40.

FkLA
04-20-2015, 11:47 PM
He shot 9/20 and was shooting an even lower percentage before they blew the game open IIRC. No need to double that tbh.

DMC
04-20-2015, 11:58 PM
We can't even shut down JJ fucking Reddick.

04-21-2015, 04:05 AM
He shot 9/20 and was shooting an even lower percentage before they blew the game open IIRC. No need to double that tbh.

I think most of those makes came when Duncan and/or Splitter were on the bench.

He carved up Baynes and Diaw inside.

in2deep
04-21-2015, 03:38 PM
Griffin didn't even have that great a game. CP3 and Crawford played like the splash brothers

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-21-2015, 04:37 PM
Shut down everyone else, let Griffin go for 40.

Agree. Don't double him. If one Clipper goes off, fine. We just can't have 5 guys killing us simultaneously.

tmtcsc
04-21-2015, 05:30 PM
I don't think the Spurs should do anything differently except make shots and take care of the ball. By the end of the series, the Clippers starters will be dog-tired and dizzy. Even if we lose both games one and two in LA, I'm not going to throw in the towel. This team deserves that respect. Let it play out, don't get discouraged and just enjoy the ride.

A couple of Monster dunks and everyone wants to buy a KIA. SMH.

http://media.giphy.com/media/kUmRzl0lGEKgE/giphy.gif

Malik Hairston
04-21-2015, 05:42 PM
No, he's not worth double-teaming all game..

I would send the occasional double and over-help with Barnes' man, as somebody else said..if Matt Barnes is beating you, you live with it..

Paul and Crawford were bigger problems in game 1..in Crawford's case, like Monta Ellis last year, it doesn't really matter how you defend him, he's a huge chucker that will take the same shots regardless, you just hope he's missing that night(he usually is)..if he's hot, then he's hot, not much you can do about it..

In the case of Paul, I don't think there's much that can be done about him defensively, but they need to kill him offensively..Parker was non-existent in game 1, he needs to attack him relentlessly in game 2..

I'm not really worried about the Clippers' offense, they're a great offensive team that will score, and they played as well as possible in game 1..I'm more worried about the Spurs' offense..they need to make shots and attack the paint..get some Clippers in foul trouble, make them play the worst bench in the NBA..

mkurts
04-21-2015, 11:58 PM
No.

Its Super Jordan that causes all the issues not Griffin