PDA

View Full Version : The Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili appreciation thread...

apalisoc_9
04-21-2015, 01:41 AM
Making this thread in honour of two players that have continued to play competitive ball despite the major reduction in their roles. How many stars in the NBA accept a major reduction in their role and still contribute at a high level? Heck how many stars in the league would even accept that? Most will sulk. Some will continue to play a be detrimental to their team..Kobe this year..

Just awesome teammate and just overall great players and great people. Timmy and Manu are the ultimate competitors...They will take less shots if need be, they will move the ball if that's the best thing, they will give to another player who is having a great game.

there's probably only 5 or 6 players in the league that has the same attitude and character...That includes Manu and TD.

Waxthing them perform at a super high level while almost being reduced to role player status in the offensive end is heart warming.

TD 13ppg, but still give his all and is happy..Doesn't try to play outside what he asked for, No agenda with his game..Just doing what he thinks is the best for the team.

Manu 10ppg and still as competitive as ever...

The way they evolved to the players they are now...amazing.

Stabula
04-21-2015, 01:48 AM
Tim and Manu were born champions. It's just in their blood and it shows everytime they touch the hardwood. Manu Ginobili especially is among the fiercest competitors I've ever seen in a sport.

TheGreatYacht
04-21-2015, 01:53 AM
Tim Duncan is now just a stat padder on an average team like Kevin Love
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244737

I don't know if Manu and Tony are good enough for the offensive system to work
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243980

Clipper Nation
04-21-2015, 01:57 AM
Mad respect for both of them. Manu has always been a Clipper killer and might have at least one vintage game left in him this series. And what more can you say about Duncan? He's the player of his generation and in the GOAT discussion. Both of them embody professionalism and being a good teammate on and off the court - they're not banging teammates' wives, making Nazi hand gestures, declaring their team to be "done as contenders" after they personally choked, faking injuries after they choked, bickering about whose team it is, or having a cancerous impact on their team's in-game performance. It'll be a sad day when they retire. :tu

100%duncan
04-21-2015, 01:58 AM
2 Greatest Spurs of All Time.

apalisoc_9
04-21-2015, 01:58 AM
I encourage all real spurs fans to or anyone who understands the game to change their sig.

Let us all use the same sig for two weeks to give appreciation to two of best spur ever and to a rising superstar.

Leonard has never had a long offseason since his rookie year..:wow

But damn he doesn't look tired at all.

TheGreatYacht
04-21-2015, 02:02 AM
TD postups...
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244950

:lmao

Damn these mandatory big 3 touches are cancerous.

Oh my Timmy made a great play in the past...

I don't care if his post ups are super inefficient and stagnates the offense....

Big 3 for life..

:cry

100%duncan
04-21-2015, 02:04 AM
I encourage all real spurs fans to or anyone who understands the game to change their sig.

Let us all use the same sig for two weeks to give appreciation to two of best spur ever and to a rising superstar.

Leonard has never had a long offseason since his rookie year..:wow

But damn he doesn't look tired at all.

I'm good with my sig bray

Clipper Nation
04-21-2015, 02:05 AM
JoeYacht trying to pretend like we don't remember all the shit he spewed about Manu after 6.

TheGreatYacht
04-21-2015, 02:06 AM
CuttinoNation deflecting as usual

Malik Hairston
04-21-2015, 02:12 AM
Good thread, tbh..hopefully this isn't their last ride..

Stabula
04-21-2015, 02:31 AM
I'm a big fan of Tony Parker too, I'm not going to mindlessly shit all over him because he's slowing down and his body is changing. Tim and Manu both went through it and at points in their career looked totally washed up. Tony Parker, as hard and sad as it is to say, is no longer the one-man fast-break. He's not the relentless penetrator curling around the half court all game long anymore. However he has four championships worth of experience, a good BB IQ, and a HOF coach to help him adjust his game. Parker can still close 4th quarters for you and when he's on, his game is absolutely beautiful to watch. I'm really really rooting for him to show us he can contribute this post-season.

Johnny RIngo
04-21-2015, 02:33 AM
Love TD and Manu. There were the heart and soul of the team in the 2000s. The only two players you could always count on to step it up in the playoffs.

Spurs won three titles in five years from 2003-2007. Here's the playoff stats for all the Spurs rotation players in that time period:

http://s5.postimg.org/om3v3tvdj/Spurs_03_07.png

Tim and Manu are the only two players with:

20+ PER
6+ BPM
10+ win shares
.200+ WS/48(DRob also qualifies for this but he only played in 2003)

These two guys were dominant - by far the two best players on the team. They were pretty much the Shaq/Kobe of the Spurs. Everybody else was a role player. No idea where the big three nonsense came from. Duncan and Manu were a big TWO back then.

apalisoc_9
04-21-2015, 02:34 AM
Love TD and Manu. There were the heart and soul of the team in the 2000s. The only two players you could always count on to step it up in the playoffs.

Spurs won three titles in five years from 2003-2007. Here's the playoff stats for all the Spurs rotation players in that time period:

20+ PER
6+ BPM
10+ win shares

These two guys were dominant - by far the two best players on the team. They were pretty much the Shaq/Kobe of the Spurs. Everybody else was a role player. No idea where the big three nonsense came from. Duncan and Manu were a big TWO back then.

agreed

Malik Hairston
04-21-2015, 02:35 AM

20+ PER
6+ BPM
10+ win shares

:wow

Mr Bones
04-21-2015, 02:49 AM
Waxthing them perform at a super high level while almost being reduced to role player status in the offensive end is heart warming.

TD 13ppg, but still give his all and is happy..Doesn't try to play outside what he asked for, No agenda with his game..Just doing what he thinks is the best for the team.

Tim Duncan is now just a stat padder on an average team like Kevin Love
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244737

You have a hard time controlling your emotions tbh:lol

TheGreatYacht
04-21-2015, 03:01 AM
You have a hard time controlling your emotions tbh:lol
:lmao

ElNono
04-21-2015, 03:05 AM
Whatever happens this season, hopefully they decide to stick around for one more ride, tbh...

spursparker9
04-21-2015, 03:12 AM
If both stay, then Spurs still have enough cap to go after Gasol etc ?

04-21-2015, 03:49 AM
Lol mainstream big 2 fans

urunobili
04-21-2015, 05:32 AM
Whatever happens this season, hopefully they decide to stick around for one more ride, tbh...

LongtimeSpursFan
04-21-2015, 08:16 AM
I'm a big fan of Tony Parker too, I'm not going to mindlessly shit all over him because he's slowing down and his body is changing. Tim and Manu both went through it and at points in their career looked totally washed up. Tony Parker, as hard and sad as it is to say, is no longer the one-man fast-break. He's not the relentless penetrator curling around the half court all game long anymore. However he has four championships worth of experience, a good BB IQ, and a HOF coach to help him adjust his game. Parker can still close 4th quarters for you and when he's on, his game is absolutely beautiful to watch. I'm really really rooting for him to show us he can contribute this post-season.

Word.

apalisoc_9
04-21-2015, 10:18 AM
yup.

look_at_g_shred
04-21-2015, 10:19 AM
Blessed be thy children