PDA

View Full Version : First Take: Discussion of Clippers-Spurs Game 1

BillMc
04-21-2015, 03:34 AM
As usual both Skip and Stephen A overreact. Skip jumps off the cliff. Wish we had a better public supporter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RGx3xRnxpM

BatManu20
04-21-2015, 03:40 AM
I don't take Skip's opinion on anything sports related seriously. He's basically just there to say ridiculous things for ratings. Stephen A I'll listen to occasionally, but not often either. And Spurs definitely don't care about either of these noobs. Michelle Beadle is always positive and reps us pretty well, tbh.

BillMc
04-21-2015, 03:41 AM
I don't take Skip's opinion on anything sports related seriously. Stephen A occasionally, but usually not either. And Spurs definitely don't care about either of these noobs. Michelle Beadle is always positive and reps us pretty well, tbh.

Yeah, you're right about Michelle. She stands up for the team.

wildchild
04-21-2015, 04:02 AM
1-Cari Champion's still hot.
2-"for first time in Popovich-Duncan era"?? What about getting eliminated by the Griz in 2011 first round ? Yeah "my spurs"...smh

Stabula
04-21-2015, 04:08 AM
1-Cari Champion's still hot.
2-"for first time in Popovich-Duncan era"?? What about getting eliminated by the Griz in 2011 first round ? Yeah "my spurs"...smh

He said for the first time in the Pop-Duncan era the Clippers dominated the Spurs in the playoffs. But yeah Skip is a cliff-jumping pussy. Shameful way to represent your favorite team.

04-21-2015, 05:41 AM
Cliff divers should never be allowed to say "my Spurs"

dg7md
04-21-2015, 06:35 AM
Cliff divers should never be allowed to say "my Spurs"

Happens all the time here tbh :lol

crc21209
04-21-2015, 01:21 PM
Cari Champion doesnt contribute anything to the show. She seems to know ZERO about sports. Back in the day Jay Crawford and Dana Jacobson (Cold Pizza days) at least contributed something to the sports debates...

pageC4
04-21-2015, 02:35 PM
Clipper fan here. Despite some recent doubt from Skip Clueless, the Spurs have quite a lot of support. Aside from Skip, the entire ESPN crew picked the Spurs to win. All, and I mean literally all, sports analysts had the Spurs winning in 6. While the loss may have some people rattled, the Spurs are still the heavy favorite. I think the bigger issue is that people assume that history will continue on the same path. It doesn't, and for all anyone may know it may be the most unlikely team to win the entire thing. What should have been done is to assess this season more critically. The second through sixth seed teams were only decided by like one game. A win or loss by either team should surprise no one.

sahoopster
04-21-2015, 03:08 PM
Wow, this guy ^^^ gets it...

siraulo23
04-21-2015, 03:14 PM
Cari Champion doesnt contribute anything to the show. She seems to know ZERO about sports. Back in the day Jay Crawford and Dana Jacobson (Cold Pizza days) at least contributed something to the sports debates...

This, I used to watch a video clip of the show every now and then. When she became host, I just stopped watching, period.

Spurminator
04-21-2015, 03:24 PM
Why do you people watch this shit?

pageC4
04-21-2015, 03:28 PM
Wow, this guy ^^^ gets it...This is going to be a mercurial series. Game 1 was interesting. Los Angeles is not really know for having a strong crowd, and home court is not really a big advantage for L.A teams. Sunday night was surreal, the home crowd was a huge factor from the get go and whether it will be a constant factor remains to be seen.
The thing that I keep in mind is that the Spurs are the perennial example of "playing possum." They didnt look like a team coming off a championship early on in the season, but they turned it up at the right time. My wife and I were incredibly happy for a win in game one, but we are cautious and know the Spurs have the potential to turn this series around at any given time.
The ball movement that the Spurs have is theIr bread and butter, a great system actually, because every player has an off night but the ball is passed around 3-4 times at the arc until it is given to a guy with an open shot...incredibly hard to defend

KaiRMD1
04-21-2015, 03:30 PM
If you take these two clowns seriously, delete your account

pageC4
04-21-2015, 03:50 PM
ESPN has an abundance of people like Skip. They aren't hired for their sports I.Q., they are hired because they are polarizing. Guys like Skip, Colin Cowherd and others pride themselves on making statements that ruffle feathers and command a response from viewers (albeit just as many who hate them as much as love them).
Im not a fan of Richard Sherman, but I love that he completely demoralized Skip on live tv

ErnestLynch
04-21-2015, 07:36 PM
Well Skips math sure sucks. 29 of 60 is nearly 60% ?

DMC
04-21-2015, 07:38 PM
I don't take Skip's opinion on anything sports related seriously. He's basically just there to say ridiculous things for ratings. Stephen A I'll listen to occasionally, but not often either. And Spurs definitely don't care about either of these noobs. Michelle Beadle is always positive and reps us pretty well, tbh.
You can tell by the way Skip stares at others after he says something "edgy" that he's doing it for ratings only. I can't stand Stephen A because he's the typical "if I yell it sounds more profoundly true" type of NY broadcaster. It's annoying listening to them, they are no better than people who post here.