PDA

View Full Version : Interesting thing on Bill Simmons podcast

testies
04-21-2015, 01:40 PM
He said this is a perfect series for Blake, he's not scared of getting hit hard going to the basket, Duncan and him got tangled on the floor in one play, and Duncan tapped him in the ass, all other 50 centers in the league woudl've fought him or gave him a little elbow. Said Spurs are the only team that don't hate him.

He is the one player who gets nervous when the other team cheap shots him, its a tactic taht always works with Griffin. Its not that the league actually hates him, its that the strategy WORKS.

Simmons said we miss Jax type player in this series.

I agree 200%, we need to make the series psychological, Clippers are the team with most techs in the league, they are the ONE team that folds under pressure. We are playing this series so dumb.

Cheap shot his ass! They start going hero ball and out of their sets when they get angry. We of course always play in the playbook for 15 years, so its a major advantage.

Unfortantely we don't have Jax or Bruce any more

dabom
04-21-2015, 01:44 PM
Nah man. We got this. We are america's team for a reason.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-21-2015, 01:46 PM
Did Simmons give his prediction on the series? I know going into it he had Spurs in 6, but I could see him flip flopping after game 1.

Malik Hairston
04-21-2015, 01:48 PM
:lol that strategy doesn't work..Griffin has been punked and knocked down a million times, it has never stopped him from being effective..

hater
04-21-2015, 01:57 PM
I'd take Bowen or Barnes in our team in a heartbeat. Gimme Horry, Posey.

Fuck we have a bunch of vegetables in our team

SnakeBoy
04-21-2015, 02:01 PM
Jax or Bruce wouldn't do shit to slow down Blake.

Besides all the Spurs need to do is not suck offensively.

SpursFan86
04-21-2015, 02:01 PM
:lol that strategy doesn't work..Griffin has been punked and knocked down a million times, it has never stopped him from being effective..

I really think people say it just because of the Memphis matchup. He's historically played pretty poorly against them, and him/Z-Bo have been known to get into it. People take that as "Griffin struggles whenever you get physical with him".

hater
04-21-2015, 02:02 PM
bLake????

I'm worried about Barnes bitchslapping our 7 footers :lol

cd98
04-21-2015, 02:27 PM
I don't think they need to foul Griffin to "send a message" and scare him, I think they need to foul him when he is going to the rim for a dunk because you don't want to let him fire up the crow and his teammates. Most teams wrap him up and make him earn it at the foul line. If he gets frustrated and plays poorly, even better.

Stabula
04-21-2015, 02:37 PM
I want to see Barnes take a hard foul and pick up a pair of technicals. No one gets technicals like that guy, take advantage.

Sean Cagney
04-21-2015, 02:41 PM

Yes, the team that won it all last year you mean?

I agree though on some of those guys, I would take some of them on this team right now but this team is the Champs and just ran through the league last year.

Keepin' it real
04-21-2015, 02:43 PM
Cheap shot his ass!

Riiiight, because that's what the Spurs are about.

eDizzle20
04-21-2015, 02:53 PM

I loved Bowen and Horry. They were great a committing flagrant fouls and playing them off as personal fouls.

DarrinS
04-21-2015, 03:35 PM
I think Griffin tries to go top shelf on Banes again, it's going to be interesting.

cd98
04-21-2015, 03:39 PM
I actually think that if the Spurs are more aggressive, Baynes could get in a good shot without it being flagrant. That said, I'm not really in favor of flagrantly fouling someone just because they are better than you at basketball. No reason to flagrantly foul him. Better to just give rugged fouls, not in the interest of dissuading him to go to the rim (which won't happen), but in the interest of keeping him from firing up his team and the crowd with dunks.

InRareForm
04-21-2015, 05:09 PM
this team won a title last year.. and we are talking about quasi tactics in the first round :lol

DMC
04-21-2015, 05:15 PM
You have to give something, and Griffin's points off big dunks might be it. Just stop JJ and Crawford from hurting you, they'll have a better chance.

DMC
04-21-2015, 05:18 PM
He said this is a perfect series for Blake, he's not scared of getting hit hard going to the basket, Duncan and him got tangled on the floor in one play, and Duncan tapped him in the ass, all other 50 centers in the league woudl've fought him or gave him a little elbow. Said Spurs are the only team that don't hate him.

He is the one player who gets nervous when the other team cheap shots him, its a tactic taht always works with Griffin. Its not that the league actually hates him, its that the strategy WORKS.

I agree 200%, we need to make the series psychological, Clippers are the team with most techs in the league, they are the ONE team that folds under pressure. We are playing this series so dumb.

Cheap shot his ass! They start going hero ball and out of their sets when they get angry. We of course always play in the playbook for 15 years, so its a major advantage.

Jesus fucking Christ could you be any more retarded? Spurs need to play better basketball, not try to engage in psychological warfare. It's a fucking basketball game, just play basketball how they know how to play and the rest will work itself out.

I swear some of you people are fucking stupid.

wildbill2u
04-21-2015, 07:23 PM
Jesus fucking Christ could you be any more retarded? Spurs need to play better basketball, not try to engage in psychological warfare. It's a fucking basketball game, just play basketball how they know how to play and the rest will work itself out.

I swear some of you people are fucking stupid.

:bobo

Malik Hairston
04-21-2015, 07:29 PM
I really think people say it just because of the Memphis matchup. He's historically played pretty poorly against them, and him/Z-Bo have been known to get into it. People take that as "Griffin struggles whenever you get physical with him".

I agree that's where the perception was created, but that has more to do with Griffin being worn down from actually having to cover Z-Bo in those games, it's a grueling task..

Jordan has to cover Gasol, just like he covers Tim in this series, but the Spurs don't have a Z-Bo to attack him(Boris is a great post player, but in a finesse way)..

Venti Quattro
04-21-2015, 07:33 PM

It works with Chris Fall

Seventyniner
04-21-2015, 08:35 PM
The Spurs don't give a single fuck about Blake's dunks. They're worth 2 points each. And if the Clippers need that crowd noise so much, they're screwed for road games, of which they'll have to win at least two to get the title.

mkurts
04-21-2015, 11:45 PM
Nothing like the Bad Boy Pistons .... their physicality worked wonders and disrupted mindsets

Spurs9
04-21-2015, 11:59 PM
:lol psychological basketball

Horse
04-22-2015, 12:37 PM

Well it was Baynes who straightened portland out when they were playing dirty and I'm sure he'd love some revenge.

Ignignokt
04-22-2015, 02:42 PM
What is it with guys named Blake and their inclination towards getting sissy'd?

Clipper Nation
04-22-2015, 03:41 PM

It doesn't help matters that Blake was injured during the second Memphis series, and it had nothing to do with Memphis or "physical play." It was a freak accident in fucking practice that left him barely able to move and certainly unable to play any real minutes. He tried and just couldn't do it.

Simmons is one of the biggest Clipper haters in the media, he pulls shit out of his ass all the time about our team without any sources or proof despite claiming to be a "fan" of the team. I'd take his advice with a grain of salt.

Clipper Nation
04-22-2015, 03:48 PM
The Spurs don't give a single fuck about Blake's dunks. They're worth 2 points each.

Exactly. This idea that players need to "respond" to poster dunks with cheapshots and hard fouls is antiquated and actually pretty mentally weak.

Nobody would advocate that players tackle Curry every time he makes a three and starts up with his twenty-minute celebrations, yet somehow people gladly apply that "logic" to plays that are actually worth fewer points on the scoreboard. :lol

Budkin
04-22-2015, 03:56 PM
A hard foul is one thing but going "Jordan Rules" is another.