PDA

View Full Version : OT: Floyd says he's better than Ali and Robinson..

Malik Hairston
04-22-2015, 11:09 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-3048528/Floyd-Mayweather-claims-better-Muhammad-Ali.html

Can anybody really disagree, tbh?

Clipper Nation
04-22-2015, 11:10 AM
GOATweather

Malik Hairston
04-22-2015, 11:11 AM
Ali was obviously a larger cultural and historical figure, but has anybody actually watched tape of the man? It's like watching Bill Russell videos, you leave very disappointed:lol..

sook
04-22-2015, 11:32 AM
Ali was obviously a larger cultural and historical figure, but has anybody actually watched tape of the man? It's like watching Bill Russell videos, you leave very disappointed:lol..
Young Ali as in Liston fight days? Dude was agile as fuck for his size. Floyd is a great fighter but he's a fucking idiot if he truly believes that.

Not to mention boxing is a fucking joke nowadays.

IronMaxipad
04-22-2015, 11:35 AM
If you watch the actual video this is getting taken out of context..

Cry Havoc
04-22-2015, 11:38 AM
If you watch the actual video this is getting taken out of context..

Malik taking something out of context!? NO. SAY IT AIN'T SO.

apalisoc_9
04-22-2015, 11:45 AM
as a boxer, Money has surpassed Ali years ago..it's not even debatable to anyone who watches boxing without following the mainstream media.

Ali is always going to be known as the GOAT though because the Black community considers him as a hero and rightfully so..he had more pride in his skin, living in the most racist era than Doc rivers, lebron james..etc living in the liberal era.

RsxPiimp
04-22-2015, 11:46 AM
Mayweather is the best self promoter in the history of boxing for a reason, dude knows how to get people riled up. It's another marketing ploy to get people to buy PPV tbh, and ya gotta tip your hat off to him:lol

But no, the boxers of this generation are a joke. Unlike basketball where the evolution has leaped quantumly, boxings fundamentals has been pretty much the same. People gotta remember that fighters in the 70's or 60's would fight every month with little to no recovery or protection. The gloves used in those days were not made of pillows like today:lol And fighters in those eras usually faces and fights the best unlike today where boxers can cherry pick fights.

You can't bring Wilt, Oscar and Russell in this generation and expect them to dominate at their usual level. But Ali, Robinson and heck even Hagler would crush today's divisions. Niggas today need a 6 month recovery to fight, tells you how soft boxing has become.

Killakobe81
04-22-2015, 11:56 AM
Young Ali as in Liston fight days? Dude was agile as fuck for his size. Floyd is a great fighter but he's a fucking idiot if he truly believes that.

Cassius Clay was a bad man, even Ali version right up until they took his license away. quick feet , great hand-speed for a man his size and and surprisingly effective power. The fat version lacked much of that ...

Killakobe81
04-22-2015, 11:57 AM
I like Floyd but tough to say he is the GOAT not sure who the GOAT is tbh ... all teh greats of my day have some holes in their resume.

IronMaxipad
04-22-2015, 12:08 PM
Sugar Ray Robinson is the GOAT not Ali fgts

Brazil
04-22-2015, 12:13 PM
:lol wtf ? as if it was comparable... Give Ali today's diet, training and no "political" distractions and he will destroy anybody you put in front of him, same for Robinson.

Floyd is a pussy faggot for saying that :lol

Mitch
04-22-2015, 12:23 PM
He has set the standard for pure boxers, I don't think anybody in the past 50 years has better defense and footwork. Cant compare an offensive fighter to a defensive one.

Koolaid_Man
04-22-2015, 12:29 PM
Mayweather is the best self promoter in the history of boxing for a reason, dude knows how to get people riled up. It's another marketing ploy to get people to buy PPV tbh, and ya gotta tip your hat off to him:lol

But no, the boxers of this generation are a joke. Unlike basketball where the evolution has leaped quantumly, boxings fundamentals has been pretty much the same. People gotta remember that fighters in the 70's or 60's would fight every month with little to no recovery or protection. The gloves used in those days were not made of pillows like today:lol And fighters in those eras usually faces and fights the best unlike today where boxers can cherry pick fights.

You can't bring Wilt, Oscar and Russell in this generation and expect them to dominate at their usual level. But Ali, Robinson and heck even Hagler would crush today's divisions. Niggas today need a 6 month recovery to fight, tells you how soft boxing has become.

Shut your fucking mouth....you straight up ran from me dawg

77Cv0YQNnAo

RsxPiimp
04-22-2015, 12:34 PM
He has set the standard for pure boxers, I don't think anybody in the past 50 years has better defense and footwork. Cant compare an offensive fighter to a defensive one.

Yeah, no doubt. I've never seen defensive mechanisms like Floyd. It's really uncanny. That's why this fight with Manny is so important for his legacy even though it's 5 years too late. In 47 victories, he fought only one ATG/HOF'er in his career (ODLH) so beating an 8 division champion and te fighter of the decade would definitely secure his Top 20 status IMHO.

FkLA
04-22-2015, 12:35 PM
Don't GOATs fight and take down the best boxers of their generation during their prime? Usually multiple times.

Maybe I'm misremembering but I can't recall any Floyd fights against Erik Morales, Barrera, Tszyu, Margarito, prime Pacman, prime DLH, etc. Someone correct me if I'm wrong tbh.

Xevious
04-22-2015, 12:42 PM

RsxPiimp
04-22-2015, 12:47 PM
Don't GOATs fight and take down the best boxers of their generation during their prime? Usually multiple times.

Maybe I'm misremembering but I can't recall any Floyd fights against Erik Morales, Barrera, Tszyu, Margarito, prime Pacman, prime DLH, etc. Someone correct me if I'm wrong tbh.

FkLA, thanks for schooling these cats. I bet mainstream boxing fans don't even know half of those people. :bobo

Trill Clinton
04-22-2015, 12:50 PM
if you hate money may then you're probably broke and don't get bitches, word.

Horse
04-22-2015, 12:51 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-3048528/Floyd-Mayweather-claims-better-Muhammad-Ali.html

He would certainly beat them in a race. A fight I doubt it. The real issue is we will never know cause he's never fought anyone and now that he finally is it's too late.

100%duncan
04-22-2015, 12:53 PM

Truthbombs

RsxPiimp
04-22-2015, 12:53 PM

I don't even hate Money. I actually hate his fanbase though, they on his dick 24/7. Mayweather is a successful and self made billionaire minority. He gets nothing but respect from me.

Stabula
04-22-2015, 12:59 PM
May weather is the biggest cherry picking faggot to ever disgrace the sport. He fights bums and even still refuses to go toe to toe and spends the whole fight bouncing around the ring. His fights are unwatchable which is why Showtime lost millions of dollars on the deal they gave him.

Trill Clinton
04-22-2015, 01:02 PM

floyd moved up from barrera and morale's weight class 3 years after floyd dominated the 130 pound class. they waited for him to leave before they moved up lol. in 2004 when floyd moved up to tszy's weight class, he retired shortly after getting beat by hatton who floyd embarrased lol. delahoya was p4p the best fighter in the world when floyd faught him, he got beat. pacman dodged several drug tests...easy. i do this boxing shit fam.

Trill Clinton
04-22-2015, 01:03 PM
so in an essence, since floyd's debut in 1996 in the olympics, he has moved up several weight classes, took down the top dogs of each class and fighters ducked him. they waited for him to move on or retired when he finally moved up in class.

Trill Clinton
04-22-2015, 01:09 PM
and the final nail in the coffin, who has manny beat?

brandon rios
clotty
cheating ass margarito
brandon rios, who?
chris algieri

a bunch of washed up nobodies. i give arum credit. he did a good job at giving manny a bunch of slow sluggers to feast off of.

FkLA
04-22-2015, 01:17 PM
:lol How convenient. All the other all-time greats had no problem fighting each other, in any era not just Floyd's. They were fearless and weren't scared of losing yet somehow you expect us to believe that everyone was so terrified of Floyd that they avoided him. The biggest win on his resume is a fight against a 34 year old DLH that had lost 2 of his last 4 fights (lol at him being the best P4P boxer at the time). After that it's guys like Castillo and Judah...you gotta be a fucking fanboy to be impressed by his resume.

FkLA
04-22-2015, 01:21 PM

brandon rios
clotty
cheating ass margarito
brandon rios, who?
chris algieri

a bunch of washed up nobodies. i give arum credit. he did a good job at giving manny a bunch of slow sluggers to feast off of.

You joking? He took on Morales, Barrera and Marquez during their primes. Multiple times. He has the over the hill/B class fighters Floyd has on his resume as well (DLH, Cotto, Hatton).

RsxPiimp
04-22-2015, 01:24 PM

brandon rios
clotty
cheating ass margarito
brandon rios, who?
chris algieri

Dude, you can't start from the latter part of his career. Manny made his name from beating Lewdwaba who was the undisputed and feared bantamweight champ despite being a 40/1 underdog in just 6 rds, then he demolished ATG Barrera, he fought another ATG Morales 3 times, destroyed Hatton, Cotto, Margarito and DeLa Hoya. He outclassed Tim Bradley twice, Shane Mosley and had great battles against JMM 4 times.

FkLA
04-22-2015, 01:28 PM
Morales would've kicked his ass atleast once if they had some sort of trilogy. Dude had the heart of a champion and can smell a pussy a mile away:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L0caN-hpU0

whitemamba
04-22-2015, 01:33 PM
hes not the best puncher of all time, hes the best defensive and probably smartest boxer

Koolaid_Man
04-22-2015, 01:48 PM
Rsxshrimp got fuckin mental problems...if Floyd knocks the human catfish out then Rsxshrimp gonna off himself...sepekku?

RsxPiimp
04-22-2015, 01:53 PM
Rsxshrimp got fuckin mental problems...if Floyd knocks the human catfish out then Rsxshrimp gonna off himself...sepekku?
Floyd ain't knocking nobody. Hasn't scored a KO since he beat the mother of his child Josie Harris and that was a knock down.

RsxPiimp
04-22-2015, 01:56 PM
Morales would've kicked his ass atleast once if they had some sort of trilogy. Dude had the heart of a champion and can smell a pussy a mile away:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L0caN-hpU0
Morales PAC 1 is still one of the best fight in history. It doesn't get a lot love because both fighters aren't Americans but if you just want two All Time Great slug it out, it's a must see.

Mitch
04-22-2015, 01:56 PM
Floyd ain't knocking nobody. Hasn't scored a KO since he beat the mother of his child Josie Harris and that was a knock down.

Not true
https://askyourgirl.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/8.gif

sook
04-22-2015, 02:01 PM
:lol How convenient. All the other all-time greats had no problem fighting each other, in any era not just Floyd's. They were fearless and weren't scared of losing yet somehow you expect us to believe that everyone was so terrified of Floyd that they avoided him. The biggest win on his resume is a fight against a 34 year old DLH that had lost 2 of his last 4 fights (lol at him being the best P4P boxer at the time). After that it's guys like Castillo and Judah...you gotta be a fucking fanboy to be impressed by his resume.

thats not even arguable at this point. Floyd ducks fights. Plain and simple.

DMX7
04-22-2015, 02:21 PM
I agree he is.

Floyd Pacquiao
04-22-2015, 02:26 PM
The only guy Floyd ever ducked was margarito back in 06 iirc. He turned down 7mil which would've been his highest pay day at the time. He instead fought Zab Judah who was coming off a loss to Carlos feather fists baldomir

FkLA
04-22-2015, 03:23 PM
The only guy Floyd ever ducked was margarito back in 06 iirc. He turned down 7mil which would've been his highest pay day at the time. He instead fought Zab Judah who was coming off a loss to Carlos feather fists baldomir

That's the only guy he ducked so blatantly. His weak resume suggests he wanted no part of plenty of others.

Mitch
04-22-2015, 03:25 PM
That's the only guy he ducked so blatantly. His weak resume suggests he wanted no part of plenty of others.

You should respect a man of your people, FkTrannies

http://ringtalk.com/wordpress/http://ringtalk.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/floyd-mayweather.jpg

spurraider21
04-22-2015, 03:28 PM
Not true
https://askyourgirl.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/8.gif
:lol dat example

i could knock out a manikin too

FkLA
04-22-2015, 03:32 PM
You should respect a man of your people, FkTrannies

http://ringtalk.com/wordpress/http://ringtalk.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/floyd-mayweather.jpg

That pussy nigga wishes he had the heart of Mexican. Wishes he could put on the shows and was as beloved as Mexican boxers tbh.

Mitch
04-22-2015, 03:37 PM
That pussy nigga wishes he had the heart of Mexican. Wishes he could put on the shows and was as beloved as Mexican boxers tbh.

That Mexican heart hasn't been too helpful...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQYeSXpC244

FkLA
04-22-2015, 03:54 PM
Yawn. Padding his record against a young, non-ATG Mexican fighter.

Thebesteva
04-22-2015, 05:32 PM

Actually everybody disagrees, even Stephen A Smith and his die hard fans. Explain to me how his resume is superior to Ali's exactly?

Strange Love
04-22-2015, 05:51 PM
Dont remember those guys ducking midgets for over a decade though.

Thebesteva
04-22-2015, 05:56 PM
Dont remember those guys ducking midgets for over a decade though.

After getting his jaw broken against Ken Norton and losing due to that reason, in a span of a year and a half Ali fought Norton and avenged his loss, Joe Frazier and won, and George Foreman and KO'd him. :lol What's the highlight of Floyd's career? Beating Hatton? Corrales? Gimme a fucking break

Buddy Mignon
04-22-2015, 06:34 PM
Yeah, no doubt. I've never seen defensive mechanisms like Floyd. It's really uncanny. That's why this fight with Manny is so important for his legacy even though it's 5 years too late. In 47 victories, he fought only one ATG/HOF'er in his career (ODLH) so beating an 8 division champion and te fighter of the decade would definitely secure his Top 20 status IMHO.

Why do people keep saying this fight is 5 years too late? Its not like the outcome would have been different. Five years ago Manny was struggling to beat Marquez. Five years ago Floyd dominated Marquez. Not to mention... Floyd is a few years older than Manny and have been boxing much longer. No excuses in this fight. Both fighters are still top five fighters in the game. LETS GET IT ON!!!

Koolaid_Man
04-22-2015, 06:40 PM
Why do people keep saying this fight is 5 years too late? Its not like the outcome would have been different. Five years ago Manny was struggling to beat Marquez. Five years ago Floyd dominated Marquez. Not to mention... Floyd is a few years older than Manny and have been boxing much longer. No excuses in this fight. Both fighters are still top five fighters in the game. LETS GET IT ON!!!

when they say it's 5 years too late..I've always took it to mean there really saying "Floyd should have fought him when he was on Asian catfish riods." :lol

Mitch
04-22-2015, 06:43 PM
Yawn. Padding his record against a young, non-ATG Mexican fighter.

You didn't watch the whole video, frijolero.

Buddy Mignon
04-22-2015, 06:45 PM
That Mexican heart hasn't been too helpful...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQYeSXpC244

Amazing

Buddy Mignon
04-22-2015, 06:46 PM
when they say it's 5 years too late..I've always took it to mean there really saying "Floyd should have fought him when he was on Asian catfish riods." :lol

People want to see Floyd get beat so bad we might fuck around and get even odds on this fight.

Buddy Mignon
04-22-2015, 06:48 PM

Source?

Koolaid_Man
04-22-2015, 06:49 PM
People want to see Floyd get beat so bad we might fuck around and get even odds on this fight.

it's a racial sickness they have.....it's deeply ingrained in their spirit of jealousy and envy....it actually happens before conception....I fear white riots and hurting of innocent blacks if Floyd wins...I plan on staying coop'd up in the house....it will be purge like that night

Mitch
04-22-2015, 06:54 PM
it's a racial sickness they have.....it's deeply ingrained in their spirit of jealousy and envy....it actually happens before conception....I fear white riots and hurting of innocent blacks if Floyd wins...I plan on staying coop'd up in the house....it will be purge like that night

Most of Floyd's fans happen to be white, believe it or not. It's mostly the frijoleros and asians who hate him.

DarrinS
04-22-2015, 06:55 PM

Profound

AaronY
04-22-2015, 09:28 PM
Goddamn just checked out Sugar Ray RObinson's wikipedia page and he started his career 128-1-2 and had like 30 fights during that time against fellow HOFers https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugar_Ray_Robinson

AaronY
04-22-2015, 09:29 PM
I mean unlike the rest of the college age spurstalkers in here I'm not gonna pretend to be an expert on Sugar Ray Robinson since he fought during WW2 and shit but fuark is that impressive

AaronY
04-22-2015, 09:32 PM
Lmao poor Floyd: http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/9330198/sugar-ray-robinson-vs-floyd-mayweather-jr

Sean Cagney
04-22-2015, 09:33 PM

.Yes, like in the 80's when Duran, Hagler, Leonard and Hearns all would fight eachother. No way he comes out undefeated in that golden era, he isn't even better than a few of those guys IMO and you try to peddle him as the Goat in here (Some people)? NO. Different weight classes for ALI and Robinson so I won't even compare, different eras as well. They all fought the other guys in their primes though and won, period.