mando6599
04-22-2015, 12:37 PM
They're already a better team.

100%duncan
04-22-2015, 12:39 PM
Doesnt matter. Durant is done.

hater
04-22-2015, 12:39 PM
let me get this straight. They lose last year's MVP midseason. Lose their best big a bit later. and now they fire Brooks?

:lmao this fucking franchise is pathetic

they destroyed Duran't career, also Ibaka's and now they blame the coach for not making the playoffs :lol

Malik Hairston
04-22-2015, 12:40 PM
3 years too late, tbh:lol..

cjw
04-22-2015, 12:40 PM
Maybe the Knicks can export Derek Fisher back to them so they continue to stink. Let's all cheer on the Bulls so Thibs sticks around though that ship may have sailed.

Maybe Presti is a Spurs mole after all?

04-22-2015, 12:41 PM
2016 NBA champions

Not surprised at all. Every team now wants to find their Bud or Kerr. Good thing they did it this year and not 2 years ago when Presti could have poached Bud.

BatManu20
04-22-2015, 12:42 PM
Big loss for the Spurs, tbh.

$pursDynasty
04-22-2015, 12:46 PM
I wonder if that is where Tibs goes if the Bulls fire him, that would be scary but I don't think the Thunder especially Westbrick would like Tibs old school style after Brooks Laissez faire do what you dang well please method

Old School 44
04-22-2015, 12:50 PM
Sad...now we know the answer to this question. "Does Kevin Durant like Scott Brooks?"

Old School 44
04-22-2015, 12:51 PM
They'll make a run at Carlisle as soon as the Mavs make their exit from the playoffs.

will_spurs
04-22-2015, 12:52 PM
A few years too late... it doesn't really matter now.

I hope their next coach is Stotts or Thibs, so that he can run all the promising players they have into the ground EVEN MORE. The current version of the Thunder roster isn't injured quite often enough :lol

timtonymanu
04-22-2015, 12:53 PM
Does it matter? Durant doesn't look like he'll ever be the same anyway.

TheGreatYacht
04-22-2015, 12:55 PM
Thibs to OKC. Why? Because it's the fucking West. It gets better every year, while 38 win teams make the playoffs in the East

urunobili
04-22-2015, 12:56 PM
if they get healthy again I think they may finally get over the hump

cd98
Looks like Presti is trying to get GM of the year. He can still claim firing Brooks as a GM move for this year, right?

DieHardSpursFan1537
Surprised he wasn't fired years ago.

Russ
04-22-2015, 12:58 PM
Harden gone.

Durant done.

Westbrook soon gone.

Yeah, Sam, it's all Brooks' fault.

You get one chance to make the right move, to not screw up.

Harden to Houston was that chance.

You're now officially Orlando West, OKC.

Maybe you can get Grant Hill to lead you to glory after you let that loser Shaq go.

Next.

timtonymanu
04-22-2015, 12:58 PM
:lol Denver and Orlando interested in this scrub

Mel_13
04-22-2015, 12:59 PM
Would have mattered if they had hired Bud back in 2013, before Durant suffered a career altering injury. Presti is just trying to deflect blame from his own failures.

will_spurs
04-22-2015, 01:07 PM
Not to defend Presti, who played a strong part in this fiasco, but let's face it Scott Brooks isn't a great coach. He just lucked into some great players, rode them like mad with barely any idea of what he was doing, and got sacrificed by a GM willing to deflect the incoming blame.

Embedded
04-22-2015, 01:18 PM
Wow, the amount of time they had without Westbrook, Durant, and Ibaka. PLus losing Harden, Reggie Jackson. STILL they were feared. I think he was a good coach.

look_at_g_shred
04-22-2015, 01:19 PM
Until they can get a coach that will make Durant/WB get over themselves, they won't be very successful.

SnakeBoy
04-22-2015, 01:20 PM
I'm so glad they stuck with Brooks until the team has completely fallen apart. OKC would have been a complete nightmare for the Spurs and the league if they would have had a good coach the last few years.

ThaBigFundamental21
04-22-2015, 01:26 PM
This is beyond horrible news.

tmtcsc
04-22-2015, 02:18 PM
Durant and Westbrook shedding crocodile tears for Brooks in 3,2,1...

tmtcsc
04-22-2015, 02:19 PM
I'm so glad they stuck with Brooks until the team has completely fallen apart. OKC would have been a complete nightmare for the Spurs and the league if they would have had a good coach the last few years.

Do you think Westbrook is coachable or controllable?

daslicer
04-22-2015, 02:21 PM
There is not any great coaches out there. Brooks sucks but who are the Thunder going to hire? Retreads like Adelman and Nelson are retired while the remaining pool of candidates are crap. I could see them hiring some guy like Kevin Ollie who will be the same as Brooks except have better motivational speeches.

EVAY
04-22-2015, 02:37 PM

This.

Old School 44
04-22-2015, 02:49 PM
Not that I think Fisher is a good coach, but he will probably lobby for the job to escape NY. He will get Durant and Westbrook to lobby for him, then he will tell everybody the move is for personal reasons and nothing to do with NY.

Agloco
04-22-2015, 02:52 PM

NBA Forum tbh

hitmanyr2k
04-22-2015, 03:08 PM
It was long overdue. OKC is a dipshit ISO team living on talent. Brooks enabled Westbrook and Durant to chuck any shot imaginable with no offensive structure whatsoever and that's the way those knuckleheads liked it. What undisciplined player wouldn't like that? With Brooks at the helm OKC hasn't evolved in years and as long as he was there the stars weren't going to mature. With a real coach OKC could be a nightmare to the league.

Dex
04-22-2015, 03:10 PM
Scott Brooks is awful and needed to go, but this is not the time to do it. Blaming him for failing to make the playoffs when your first, second, and third options all missed significant chunks of the season just screams bad management.

houston spurs fan
04-22-2015, 03:20 PM
Billy Donovan rumored. Do it presti!

houston spurs fan
04-22-2015, 03:21 PM
NBA Forum tbh
Woj pretty much called this on the Dan Patrick show last week. Dude is so connected....

BillMc
04-22-2015, 03:22 PM
I wonder if that is where Tibs goes if the Bulls fire him, that would be scary but I don't think the Thunder especially Westbrick would like Tibs old school style after Brooks Laissez faire do what you dang well please method

Tibs is a great coach, but I wonder if his reputation for running his players into the ground would hurt him with the injury-prone Thunder.

cd98
04-22-2015, 03:26 PM
Tibs is a great coach, but I wonder if his reputation for running his players into the ground would hurt him with the injury-prone Thunder.

That and his penchant for having subpar teams get into the playoffs may have more to do with him being in the East, especially because those teams make the playoffs, and then promptly lose.

SpurPadre
04-22-2015, 03:31 PM
The hits keep fucking coming for us, don't they? We piss away 2nd seed, lose HCA throughout the Western Conference playoffs, give OKC a lottery pick, and now basically forced the firing of Brooks. Talk about being snakebit.

timtonymanu
04-22-2015, 03:34 PM
I don't think this helps OKC. Doesnt hurt them either but it's all irrelevant if Durant is still hurt or bolts. Those fractures aren't to be messed with. It's not like OKC has any promising players to rebuild around. That Harden trade killed them forever

SnakeBoy
04-22-2015, 03:45 PM
Do you think Westbrook is coachable or controllable?

Not at this point.

CGD
04-22-2015, 04:10 PM
Damn, now OKC will actually be a good team. Wonder if they'll go for Thibbs.

ducks
04-22-2015, 04:30 PM
Thibbs is not a good o coach

milkyway21
04-22-2015, 04:34 PM
This is a team who rely on the Durant / Westbrook to shoot 60% all the time. That was how they made to the play-offs last year when each of then had 20+ FGAs. Now, the other one is injured, and by just a Pelican adv over them lost the seeding, well that's something.
For me, that's an accomplishment considering they are in a loaded Western Conference.
Utah is a good team but didn't make it.

Horry Hipcheck
04-22-2015, 04:41 PM
Scott Brooks is awful and needed to go, but this is not the time to do it. Blaming him for failing to make the playoffs when your first, second, and third options all missed significant chunks of the season just screams bad management.

The hits keep fucking coming for us, don't they? We piss away 2nd seed, lose HCA throughout the Western Conference playoffs, give OKC a lottery pick, and now basically forced the firing of Brooks. Talk about being snakebit.

Presti has officially stated that Brooks' firing was not done as a response to this season alone, but rather based on OKC's failure to evolve beyond a two-man show under his tenure and without any signs to indicate that was going to change moving forward. Nobody would blame this season on Brooks, but why waste another season of Durant's already declining career on a coach that isn't going to install a system through which the team contends for a title? If Presti has no faith in Brooks going forward, and he has basically said that he didn't, there's no sense in not firing him right away.

The real mistake may be that Presti didn't consult the players at all about the firing. Not that the decision is theirs, but it would have at least been a show of good faith to include the team in the process. Brooks was popular amongst OKC's players, particularly Durant, and if a new coach comes in and robs him and Westbrook of their 20+ FGA a night routines, damaging either of their future MVP candidacies, that could lead to resentment and unrest.

tholdren
04-22-2015, 04:52 PM
Big loss for the Spurs, tbh.

not really. Westbrook is uncoachable. Durant does what he wants and you cater to him a la lebron, and fire the coach when lebron/durant choke.

Doesnt matter who comes in, the Thunder are held hostage by Durant and Westbrook.

Malik Hairston
04-22-2015, 04:55 PM
Thibbs is not a good o coach

:lol Thibs is one of the best coaches in the league, only the idiots that focus on his one flaw(over-playing his guys) think otherwise..he's also been dealt a horrible card with Rose on the roster, he's a cancer..

He has only had 1 team with notable talent and they reached the ECFs with a shoot-first, inefficient PG as their best player..

Malik Hairston
04-22-2015, 04:56 PM
not really. Westbrook is uncoachable. Durant does what he wants and you cater to him a la lebron, and fire the coach when lebron/durant choke.

Doesnt matter who comes in, the Thunder are held hostage by Durant and Westbrook.

I kind of agree with this..I love Westbrook, as everybody here knows, but I wouldn't want him on my team, nor would I want to coach him:lol..

Durant is similar, too..

They'll probably hire another player's coach with limited x's and o's ability, and putting no accountability on players, like Brooks did..

Thibodeau would be a terrible fit with the Thunder, he would clash immediately with Westbrook IMO..

$pursDynasty
04-22-2015, 04:57 PM
The rumor is the Florida coach Bill Donovan but I am not sure a team that was given no guidance and free rein under Brooks would respond to any kind of structure from a rookie NBA coach. IMHO it would require a very strong hand/well respected coach to get Westbrook to come to heel. KD not so much but Russ is a different animal.

milkyway21
04-22-2015, 05:02 PM
Presti has officially stated that Brooks' firing was not done as a response to this season alone, but rather based on OKC's failure to evolve beyond a two-man show under his tenure and without any signs to indicate that was going to change moving forward. Nobody would blame this season on Brooks, but why waste another season of Durant's already declining career on a coach that isn't going to install a system through which the team contends for a title? If Presti has no faith in Brooks going forward, and he has basically said that he didn't, there's no sense in not firing him right away.

The real mistake may be that Presti didn't consult the players at all about the firing. Not that the decision is theirs, but it would have at least been a show of good faith to include the team in the process. Brooks was popular amongst OKC's players, particularly Durant, and if a new coach comes in and robs him and Westbrook of their 20+ FGA a night routines, damaging either of their future MVP candidacies, that could lead to resentment and unrest.
Well, thanks for the info.

Could be one move to keep Durant. Find a better coach. I don't think Durant is done.

Keepin' it real
04-22-2015, 05:04 PM
In related news, Sam Presti announced he will no longer watch Franklin and Bash (http://www.resemblog.com/2011/05/oklahoma-city-head-coach-scott-brooks.html).

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-A-FQghWZk5g/Tda25gW5DaI/AAAAAAAAADc/bl4DqPlexmk/s400/Brooks-Meyer.png

SilverSpur
04-22-2015, 06:33 PM
That franchise is going in the wrong direction. Which is good news for us. We will have a tough time as it is dealing with the rise of the Pelicans. The Pelicans are two small forwards away from being legit.

ajh18
04-22-2015, 06:38 PM
Wouldn't be surprised to see Mark Jackson considered. Seems Brooks-like in his approach to "coaching" aka, let my players do their thing while being their buddy (although I don't think Brooks was all that liked).

As much as I dislike the guy, but Mike D'Antoni and the SSOL offense would be interesting in Oklahoma, particularly with Westbrook's emergence as an MVP candidate this year.

Mike Malone might be a good, under-the-radar candidate. Players seem to like the guy and he's decent at getting effort out of a team.

Donovan would be terrible for the Thunder, great for the league in my opinion. I really struggle to see that team listening to him at all.

DarrinS
04-22-2015, 06:46 PM
What took so long?

TampaDude
04-22-2015, 09:37 PM
The rumor is the Florida coach Bill Donovan but I am not sure a team that was given no guidance and free rein under Brooks would respond to any kind of structure from a rookie NBA coach. IMHO it would require a very strong hand/well respected coach to get Westbrook to come to heel. KD not so much but Russ is a different animal.

Billy D has an awesome recruiting class coming in for next season, so I don't see him leaving UF any time soon.

TBH, I always saw Donovan going to the Spurs if he ever went to the NBA.

Avitus1
04-22-2015, 10:14 PM
Surprised it didn't happen last year.

TheGreatYacht
05-16-2016, 10:56 PM
Billy Donovan :wow

:worthy: