PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: Rondo out indefinitely

Sheriff Hoyt
04-22-2015, 03:03 PM
Per Marc Stein.

Dex
04-22-2015, 03:08 PM
Well that didn't take long. Dude seriously looked like he was playing for the Rockets last night.

:lmao 8-second count in a playoff game with no defensive pressure :lmao

Mitch
04-22-2015, 03:10 PM
What a disgrace

Trainwreck2100
04-22-2015, 03:11 PM
What a disgrace

Pay.that man scrah

Holden_Caulfield
04-22-2015, 03:12 PM
felton will save that franchise :lol

Monostradamus
04-22-2015, 03:13 PM
lol a "back injury"

Mitch
04-22-2015, 03:14 PM
Pay.that man scrah

Matching him with Kevin Love, it's on the to-do list

Dex
04-22-2015, 03:16 PM

siraulo23
04-22-2015, 03:16 PM
What he did in game 2, totally quit on the Mavs is a disgrace

Mugen
04-22-2015, 03:20 PM
I hope he's either playing alongside Stephon Marbury or Kirby next season tbh.

Killakobe81
04-22-2015, 03:21 PM
lol a "back injury"

This ...
Let's be real they probably got on his ass for not playing hard. he cried about a injury so they sat him. It gives him an excuse for poor play and the Mavs dont look bad to potential FA targets and their agents ...

Sheriff Hoyt
04-22-2015, 03:29 PM

gambit1990
04-22-2015, 03:38 PM
just saw how he was playing last night. embarrassing. if the lakers sign him he'll have that in common with kobe.

Sean Cagney
04-22-2015, 03:39 PM
Thats not a bad thing for the Mavs, they added him to their team for nothing though since they gave up a young piece for him and he is leaving after this year. They tried too hard adding pieces when the beginning of the year was going just fine without him.

Brazil
04-22-2015, 03:52 PM
:lol dat trade tbh

Monostradamus
04-22-2015, 04:00 PM
:lol dat trade tbh
"Trading Jameer Nelson completely fucked our season"
-the most pathetic basketball quote ever

baseline bum
04-22-2015, 04:02 PM
Well they were one of the best offenses in the league before trading for him. Probably too late to regain that, but might as well hope.

m>s
I've never seen such a cancer in 17 years of wa'tching this sport

baseline bum

He's the Dallas version of 1995 Rodman.

Monostradamus
04-22-2015, 04:03 PM
Between this and the Odom deal, it might be time to let Lil Donnie go.

baseline bum
04-22-2015, 04:05 PM

Odom for a pick looked great on paper. I don't think anyone knew he was hitting the pipe at the time.

m>s
Lil Donnie is still living off the reputation of big Donnie 10 years later. Seriously when was the last time he drafted someone or did anything worth a fuck? Pretty sure Devin and josh were both Donnie sr

Harry Callahan
Cubes burned a #1 and a part of their bench that was productive IIR.

Nice trade. Mavs would probably blow the pick anyway.

The Spurs have the majority of their #1 picks still in the league either on their team or anothers - That's why the Spurs have been relevant many many more seasons with no huge drop off.

Cuban should consider not making fun of the other NBA teams in Texas - 7 is way more than one.

Given last night, he should also refrain from digging at Morey, who is doing his job a little better than Mark.

Harry Callahan
04-22-2015, 04:06 PM
Rondo is a sorry dude, but that is well known.

LkrFan
04-22-2015, 04:08 PM
He's the Dallas version of 1995 Rodman.Nope! Rodman got 5 rangs. He wasn't the problem. :downspin:

Splits
04-22-2015, 04:09 PM
He'll fit perfect in LA. He and Kirbs can both quit together when the going gets tough.

Monostradamus
04-22-2015, 04:09 PM
Lil Donnie is still living off the reputation of big Donnie 10 years later. Seriously when was the last time he drafted someone or did anything worth a fuck? Pretty sure Devin and josh were both Donnie sr
He even almost screwed that up, he tried hard to convince his dad to take fucking Pavel Podkolzin over Devin with the #5 pick or whatever it was.

DPG21920
04-22-2015, 04:10 PM
Anyone with a brain who isn't enamored with "names" knew Rondo had been really, really bad the past couple years. However, that doesn't mean the value of the gamble was bad. Sometimes trades are a gamble. While this one looks terrible after the fact (and many of us argued he wouldn't help at the time of the trade too), he didn't give up anything major to say it wasn't worth the gamble at the time.

Rondo is awful, he's a bad fit everywhere that would actually be tyring to win a title, but Mavs had to do something. If anything, I don't fault the price, I fault the impatience.

m>s
04-22-2015, 04:12 PM
At this point I just hope Dick re-breaks his face and throws out his back for real if you know whottt I mean

Malik Hairston
04-22-2015, 04:13 PM
Yep, the impatience killed them, but they did have to make a move..I hear a lot of people discuss how good they were prior to Rondo's acquisition, but their schedule was pretty weak IIRC..you weren't going to win a title with Jameer Nelson as your starting PG in 2015..

People really overrate the players they gave up, too:lol..Brandan Wright is a pretty good backup C, but his cap was 15 MPG, and he didn't do anything of note after being traded..

Jae Crowder is a good bench guy, but they already have Aminu, a player that may even be better than Crowder..

The only problem was that there was ultimately several, much superior PG options that they could have acquired at the deadline..Dragic, Brandon Knight, Isiah Thomas, etc..all much better players than Rondo, and in Thomas's case, a rich man's Jameer Nelson:lol..

Dex
04-22-2015, 04:16 PM

I'd argue that giving up Wright was worse than losing Nelson.

sook
04-22-2015, 04:19 PM
fuck.

Koolaid_Man
04-22-2015, 04:24 PM
Am I the only wiz with common sense who sees what's going on here?...

Rondo is not hurt and never has been since in Dallas.....Kobe basically shut him down as payback to the Mark Cuban CP3 trade to Lakers complaints to the league....Rondo will be in LA next year on a 3yr / 30 million deal....Rondo is jacking it...just like Odom did yalls ass...Rondo is still a top flight guard and will prove it next year in LA...he's perfect for us since all he wants to do is run and facilitate the offense...nothing but Morons in Dallas that don't know how to integrate add-on talent...

Jodelo
04-22-2015, 04:25 PM
Yep, the impatience killed them, but they did have to make a move..I hear a lot of people discuss how good they were prior to Rondo's acquisition, but their schedule was pretty weak IIRC..you weren't going to win a title with Jameer Nelson as your starting PG in 2015..

People really overrate the players they gave up, too:lol..Brandan Wright is a pretty good backup C, but his cap was 15 MPG, and he didn't do anything of note after being traded..

Jae Crowder is a good bench guy, but they already have Aminu, a player that may even be better than Crowder..

The only problem was that there was ultimately several, much superior PG options that they could have acquired at the deadline..Dragic, Brandon Knight, Isiah Thomas, etc..all much better players than Rondo, and in Thomas's case, a rich man's Jameer Nelson:lol..

This.

Mavs had to pull the trigger and did so rightfully. Did not work out, move on.

Killakobe81
04-22-2015, 04:27 PM
No one expected Mavs to maintain their historic offensive efficiency rate ... rondo trade or no but many of us argued it was a dumb deal so it's not like this is revisionist history. Plus sure Crowder and Wright are not great players but what do they have that this team is lacking is speed and athleticism which are both in short supply for the Mavs this series. Also when viewing the trade many are looking at the value of the individual pieces but sometimes a bench is better as a unit because the pieces fit. I would say the Rox bench Brewer and Josh Smith are not great individual players but are good fits together

You can spin it however you wish. It was bad trade, gamble or experiment.It's not Harden trade bad nor did it cost the Mavs a title or even extremely valuable assets but it was still bad.

DPG21920
04-22-2015, 04:34 PM
I even get why the Mavs were impatient too. They knew they had a gaping hole and what they wanted. They had a checklist like I mentioned before:

o PG
o Fair price
o Big enough name to be Splashy

Although they should have waited, when they had the chance to get Rondo at such a cheap gamble of a price, they took it because that gave them the longest amount of time to tinker with working him in. That makes sense to me. It's not Rick's fault that Rondo is a quitter - he's dealing with the hand he was dealt.

DPG21920
04-22-2015, 04:35 PM
Speed and athleticism isn't what is killing the Mavs. It's having no PG, not enough shooters and zero wing depth with Parson's out.

Wright doesn't solve any of those issues in this series combined with the fact Dirk looked awful last night.

Jenks
04-22-2015, 04:36 PM
Bynum somehow destroyed the Pacers without even being on the court, he's in a class of cancer all by himself.

InRareForm
04-22-2015, 04:38 PM
% Chance of Rondo a Laker next year?

Killakobe81
04-22-2015, 04:40 PM
Speed and athleticism isn't what is killing the Mavs. It's having no PG, not enough shooters and zero wing depth with Parson's out.

Wright doesn't solve any of those issues in this series combined with the fact Dirk looked awful last night.

So pick n roll defense, transition defense being able to stay in front of their man has no impact on why their defense is struggling? Sure they couldnt hit shots, but that game was lost on defense not offense. Wright and Crowder could have helped on defense sure they still lose with Dirk and Ellis shooting poorly but with better defense they probably dont get run off in the 4th ...
Isn't Crowder a wing. Isn't Wright a better defender than Amare?
Arent more options for matchups and depth great tools for a coach like RC to have?

DPG21920
04-22-2015, 04:43 PM

DPG21920
04-22-2015, 04:45 PM
So pick n roll defense, transition defense being able to stay in front of their man has no impact on why their defense is struggling? Sure they couldnt hit shots, but that game was lost on defense not offense. Wright and Crowder could have helped on defense sure they still lose with Dirk and Ellis shooting poorly but with better defense they probably dont get run off in the 4th ...
Isn't Crowder a wing. Isn't Wright a better defender than Amare?
Arent more options for matchups and depth great tools for a coach like RC to have?

You can't play Wright and Tyson, that would mean no Dirk. You could play Dirk/Wright, but he's worse than Tyson. You could play Crowder, but that likely means no Aminu. Aminu played well, do you really gain anything there? There are multiple problems as is usually the case, I was just talking about their biggest problems.

Sure, in hind site, having Jae/Wright instead of Rondo would be a lot better for depth purposes, but having a competent PG and enough shooters would be even better.

Sheriff Hoyt
04-22-2015, 04:47 PM

:lol

Twisted_Dawg
He's the Dallas version of 1995 Rodman.

Nope! Rodman got 5 rangs. He wasn't the problem. :downspin:

Unless you subscribe to the theory that Rodman threw the playoff game against Houston shooting 3 pointers and not covering Horry, because he had gambling problems and was mad at GM "Bill" Bass for not giving him a new contract.

baseline bum
Nope! Rodman got 5 rangs. He wasn't the problem. :downspin:

Rondo rang too, what's your point?

baseline bum
04-22-2015, 04:48 PM
Unless you subscribe to the theory that Rodman threw the playoff game against Houston shooting 3 pointers and not covering Horry, because he had gambling problems and was mad at GM "Bill" Bass for not giving him a new contract.

Too big a conspiracy theory. He just didn't give a fuck.

cjw
04-22-2015, 04:54 PM
How much did he cost himself this year?

Killakobe81
04-22-2015, 04:55 PM
You can't play Wright and Tyson, that would mean no Dirk. You could play Dirk/Wright, but he's worse than Tyson. You could play Crowder, but that likely means no Aminu. Aminu played well, do you really gain anything there? There are multiple problems as is usually the case, I was just talking about their biggest problems.

Sure, in hind site, having Jae/Wright instead of Rondo would be a lot better for depth purposes, but having a competent PG and enough shooters would be even better.

That was my problem with the trade as others have noted is that for him to be effective he really does need great not just good shooters around him. not only that, it's obvious not only has he hurt spacing because he cant shoot but the fit of him and Ellis was doomed from the start. SO you not only hurt Dirk by allowing defenses to sag off you also take the ball out of the hands of your best wing scorer so Rondo can stay "engaged". You can always make a case why someone made a bad decision and you have made very reasonable ones, DPG so glad to see you posting. but when this forum, full of smart hoop minds, shitty trolls and basketball retards (unfortunately not enough of the former) almost universally was against the trade. IF we could see this why couldnt a man as smart as cuban and donnie see it? I would hope my team's FO would be smarter than a board ruled by trolls ....

ElNono
04-22-2015, 05:08 PM
called it last night after the game:

Because Rondo flat out quit.... I'll be surprised if he's even suited up for the next game... just disgraceful what he did tonight

He's a free agent this summer, but there's no way this doesn't have an impact, tbh...

I can only think of single owner that would overlook such behavior... he's being served Martinis by his director of scouting...

DPG21920
That was my problem with the trade as others have noted is that for him to be effective he really does need great not just good shooters around him. not only that, it's obvious not only has he hurt spacing because he cant shoot but the fit of him and Ellis was doomed from the start. SO you not only hurt Dirk by allowing defenses to sag off you also take the ball out of the hands of your best wing scorer so Rondo can stay "engaged". You can always make a case why someone made a bad decision and you have made very reasonable ones, DPG so glad to see you posting. but when this forum, full of smart hoop minds, shitty trolls and basketball retards (unfortunately not enough of the former) almost universally was against the trade. IF we could see this why couldnt a man as smart as cuban and donnie see it? I would hope my team's FO would be smarter than a board ruled by trolls ....

Well, I have thought about that line of reasoning for numerous things and the most consistent thing I could come up with is that we on here look at things more purely probably than someone with a basketball job making those decisions. What I mean by that is we only consider basketball and in honesty probably watch a lot more of other teams than many do. Not only that, we don't have the pressure of salary cap management, profit, etc..all of the other factors that go into a decision.

Nor do we have the pressure. So while no doubt they probably underestimated how terrible he was at basketball, they also saw a big name and a chance to make a splash/create buzz and factored that in while we did not.

Sure, some of the guys running teams I think are legitimately stupid at basketball related decisions, but they take into consideration things we don't other than just basketball/winning games. I don't agree with that mindset and its a closed club mostly with the same guys being recycled over and over it seems like (although coaching is going away from that with more new blood than ever), but that's what I reason in my head in situations like these.

Koolaid_Man
Lol....All you non athletes don't know what the fuck you talking bout...Rondo a real nigga... give him to me....

Besteva I'm dating this 22 yr old blond...one of the baddest bitches I've ever been with.....a nigga Kool doing alright :-)

LkrFan
04-22-2015, 05:11 PM
Rondo rang too, what's your point?The guilty culprit was the 2nd best player in Spur history, not RodmanPERIOD.

hater
04-22-2015, 05:12 PM
what a meltdown

still this is BAD news for the Rockets :lmao

LkrFan
04-22-2015, 05:13 PM

LT Robinson was the real issue. He was softer than Kim Kardashian's ass. :lol

Killakobe81
04-22-2015, 05:15 PM
Well, I have thought about that line of reasoning for numerous things and the most consistent thing I could come up with is that we on here look at things more purely probably than someone with a basketball job making those decisions. What I mean by that is we only consider basketball and in honesty probably watch a lot more of other teams than many do. Not only that, we don't have the pressure of salary cap management, profit, etc..all of the other factors that go into a decision.

Nor do we have the pressure. So while no doubt they probably underestimated how terrible he was at basketball, they also saw a big name and a chance to make a splash/create buzz and factored that in while we did not.

Sure, some of the guys running teams I think are legitimately stupid at basketball related decisions, but they take into consideration things we don't other than just basketball/winning games. I don't agree with that mindset and its a closed club mostly with the same guys being recycled over and over it seems like (although coaching is going away from that with more new blood than ever), but that's what I reason in my head in situations like these.

I get that the Kobe extension is a prime example. But Mavs have great attendance , were playing well, already had a ball dominant short starting caliber guard. Rondo is a name but really is he going tomove merchandise? Does Rondo get you any top tier free agent? The case you made here makes sense for other moves but this one was just shitty even worse than the Kobe extension which i hated. On top of all this Cubes broke up a title team fluke or lightning in a bottle or not so that he could get back tyson, trade for rondo, sign amare, and get back JJB and Harris. It was dumb, dumb dumb.

My team sucks so I know someone will throw that at me and we also have done some dumb things Kobe extension begging Dwight to stayt chasing Melo, lucky for us some of those morons saved us from ourselves. Hopefully rondo does the same.

As for Kool if RC one of the best coaches in the game cant fix rondo what chance does Byron have? And Scott is more of a stubborn asshole than RC. Please unless we get him at a HUGE discount and even then not sure I want Rajon ...sorry.

DPG21920
04-22-2015, 05:18 PM
I get that the Kobe extension is a prime example. But Mavs have great attendance , were playing well, already had a ball dominant short starting caliber guard. Rondo is a name but really is he going tomove merchandise? Does Rondo get you any top tier free agent? The case you made here makes sense for other moves but this one was just shitty even worse than the Kobe extension which i hated. On top of all this Cubes broke up a title team fluke or lightning in a bottle or not so that he could get back tyson, trade for rondo, sign amare, and get back JJB and Harris. It was dumb, dumb dumb.

My team sucks so I know someone will throw that at me and we also have done some dumb things Kobe extension begging Dwight to stayt chasing Melo, lucky for us some of those morons saved us from ourselves. Hopefully rondo does the same.

As for Kool if RC one of the best coaches in the game cant fix rondo what chance does Byron have? And Scott is more of a stubborn asshole than RC. Please unless we get him at a HUGE discount and even then not sure I want Rajon ...sorry.

The reason it's not as bad as Kobe because Mavs have choices. Rondo was a one year risk. If he plays great and the team clicks, great. You have the inside track on signing him for the most money anyways. If it blows up(like it did), you are out Wright and a very late 1st round pick which in the end isn't much.

Kobe was bad because he's not a good player any more, is eating up the cap/delaying things for 2-3 more years & is untradeable too.

Koolaid_Man
04-22-2015, 05:21 PM
What I don't get is how you fuck faces gonna try to trash a real muthafucking nigga like Rondo...I mean here you got a nigga that ain't getting fucked in the ass...he was traded to a lame ass city that he didn't want to be in....that nigga gonna be fine when he's in LA

hater
04-22-2015, 05:24 PM
What I don't get is how you fuck faces gonna try to trash a real muthafucking nigga like Rondo...I mean here you got a nigga that ain't getting fucked in the ass...he was traded to a lame ass city that he didn't want to be in....that nigga gonna be fine when he's in LA

:lmao Trayvon Martin looking mofo

he's a scrub

Killakobe81
04-22-2015, 05:32 PM
The reason it's not as bad as Kobe because Mavs have choices. Rondo was a one year risk. If he plays great and the team clicks, great. You have the inside track on signing him for the most money anyways. If it blows up(like it did), you are out Wright and a very late 1st round pick which in the end isn't much.

Kobe was bad because he's not a good player any more, is eating up the cap/delaying things for 2-3 more years & is untradeable too.

Delaying things from what? Kobe actually saved us from Melo and Dwight signings. and there is no quick fix in sight. As for Dwight ven with his dunk fest against Mavs shitty defense i dont want him at max. Great signing for Rox but glad he is not here. Also you just said that attendance, splash etc are factors in deals ...even though kobe is not good anymore he brings all of those things.

Yes, Mavs commitment wasnt long term but they gave up what you said plus Crowder, Larkin (IIRC) and even if none by themselves are any good ....should net more than Rondo. Personally I dont care much now it's over and i was proven right. But just saying many of us saw this and just like we have trashed Presti for his follies Cubes and donnie deserve the same. Just because Cubes is funny, loves metrics doesnt shield him from shitty moves. Neither does the 2011 title. Mitch has multiple titles and he still has made some head scratching moves lately.

For the record i actually enjoy cuban but he never wants to admit he was wrong so i will enjoy listening to him squirm on Ben & skin, Colishaw and Mosely and the K&C masterpiece etc. But im sure he will have reasons similar to yours on why he wasnt wrong.

Lastly if Cubes and his team are so good at metrics why cant they see what the numbers and eye test all show ...that rondo sucks at some of the very essential parts of basketball for a PG?

Monostradamus
04-22-2015, 05:44 PM
The biggest problem is Cuban built the team with the idea that a team with Dirk as their 3rd best player is going to be really good. He didn't expect Dirk to get so bad so quickly, and the pieces around him are all underacheiving in a huge way. At this point Dirk is no better than a 15-20 minute bench scorer.

DPG21920
04-22-2015, 05:53 PM
Cubes tried to re-create the magic of lightning in a bottle. The major difference was that while the talent may have been similar, Dirk was worse & the role players were not nearly as seasoned or competitive and had way more flaws.

But at the end of the day, even with really solid role players (Calderon, Vince, Wright, Crowder) last year, losing in the first round was the end result anyways. It's just uglier now with Rondo, Felton, etc..

DPG21920
04-22-2015, 05:55 PM
Delaying things from what? Kobe actually saved us from Melo and Dwight signings. and there is no quick fix in sight. As for Dwight ven with his dunk fest against Mavs shitty defense i dont want him at max. Great signing for Rox but glad he is not here. Also you just said that attendance, splash etc are factors in deals ...even though kobe is not good anymore he brings all of those things.

Yes, Mavs commitment wasnt long term but they gave up what you said plus Crowder, Larkin (IIRC) and even if none by themselves are any good ....should net more than Rondo. Personally I dont care much now it's over and i was proven right. But just saying many of us saw this and just like we have trashed Presti for his follies Cubes and donnie deserve the same. Just because Cubes is funny, loves metrics doesnt shield him from shitty moves. Neither does the 2011 title. Mitch has multiple titles and he still has made some head scratching moves lately.

For the record i actually enjoy cuban but he never wants to admit he was wrong so i will enjoy listening to him squirm on Ben & skin, Colishaw and Mosely and the K&C masterpiece etc. But im sure he will have reasons similar to yours on why he wasnt wrong.

Lastly if Cubes and his team are so good at metrics why cant they see what the numbers and eye test all show ...that rondo sucks at some of the very essential parts of basketball for a PG?

What I meant was Kobe and Rondo were signed for the same logic, but Rondo was less risky because his deal expired. There are still 2 more years of Kobe's deal and possible headaches, losing etc...

I do think Cubes/Donnie knew about Rondo's flaws, but over shot their analysis. They probably blamed the decline on playing for a losing team & being disinterested. They were wrong, he just sucked. It was definitely a mistake like many of us said for basketball reasons. I still don't fault them for trying though and IMO they didn't give up anything they will miss or that will matter.

JohnnyMax
04-22-2015, 06:28 PM
So much respect for this guy.

He sees a 'star' who is really a cancer and benches his ass.

If only Pop had the balls, tbh.

UZER
04-22-2015, 06:30 PM

No no no, he's just a misunderstood genius.

Koolaid_Man
04-22-2015, 06:36 PM
nothing but continuous lame suck em jerking in this thread....no real analysis of why players succeed and fail on certain teams... ooohh look mama I'm an expert now because I watch TV and can tell from what I see on the screen...

Lame fuck faces smh :lol

Koolaid_Man
04-22-2015, 06:37 PM
you fellas circle jerk so much till yall got each others cum all over yourselves.....pathetic

Rondo to LA - DO IT MITCH!!!!

Cry Havoc
04-22-2015, 07:38 PM
For those of you who missed it from Game 2:

WT-SBao5ilk

manufan10
04-22-2015, 07:43 PM
Damn, this is just sad watching Koolaid_Man. He used to be a halfway decent troll. SMH.

illusioNtEk
04-22-2015, 08:01 PM
LOL laker fans thinking Ronda will save them next year... lol

nigga kool thinking Ronda is his "MAN" lol

spurs10
04-22-2015, 08:35 PM

WT-SBao5ilk That's pretty lame....

AlexJones
04-22-2015, 09:47 PM

Letting go of Brandan Wright's legendary ORTG might have done us in

AlexJones
04-22-2015, 09:52 PM
There literally still are morons on twitter that think it's Rick's fault Rondo never fit in well.

Findog
04-22-2015, 09:54 PM
I can't believe Rondo got the desk move to the basement/confiscated red stapler treatment halfway through a playoff series. How bad is he in the locker room that they had to send him away?

Findog
04-22-2015, 10:02 PM
Anyone with a brain who isn't enamored with "names" knew Rondo had been really, really bad the past couple years. However, that doesn't mean the value of the gamble was bad. Sometimes trades are a gamble. While this one looks terrible after the fact (and many of us argued he wouldn't help at the time of the trade too), he didn't give up anything major to say it wasn't worth the gamble at the time.

Rondo is awful, he's a bad fit everywhere that would actually be tyring to win a title, but Mavs had to do something. If anything, I don't fault the price, I fault the impatience.

They were fun to watch and they would have won more regular season games not making the trade, but they weren't going to be making any noise in the playoffs with perimeter defense that bad. So I don't fault them at all for going for it and trying to improve at the PG position. Who knew Dragic would become available two months later. He would've been a MUCH BETTER fit for what they were trying to do.

Monostradamus
04-22-2015, 10:21 PM
There literally still are morons on twitter that think it's Rick's fault Rondo never fit in well.
Not to defend Rondo, but Rick is notorious for treating his PG's like shit and micromanaging them to a fault.

Franklin
04-22-2015, 10:28 PM
good news to them Mavs imho, now the Lockets are gonna get backdoor swept tbh.

sook
04-22-2015, 10:33 PM
Not to defend Rondo, but Rick is notorious for treating his PG's like shit and micromanaging them to a fault.

Kidd seemed pretty chill.

usdane
04-22-2015, 11:01 PM
How much did he cost himself this year?

Bingo. I would never like him at max. But now we may get him for 2 years $16 mil or something. I would still take a chance on him at that price.

Venti Quattro
04-23-2015, 12:00 AM

LnGrrrR
04-23-2015, 12:24 AM
Was Rondo aware this was a contract year for him?

Venti Quattro
04-23-2015, 12:28 AM
Was Rondo aware this was a contract year for him?

Too busy to give a fuck

Venti Quattro
04-23-2015, 09:08 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O91fPrMwkBU

04-23-2015, 10:19 AM
Bingo. I would never like him at max. But now we may get him for 2 years $16 mil or something. I would still take a chance on him at that price.

Hes not a good basketball player. What chance are you betting on?

Seventyniner
04-23-2015, 11:43 AM
For that Mavs team, and most any other team, Calderon > Rondo.

It was crazy enough that the Spurs cut Stephen Jackson just before the 2013 playoffs, but has a team ever cut a player, especially a starter, during the postseason?

hehateme
04-23-2015, 12:07 PM

WT-SBao5ilk

I'm not sure why Dallas pulls the injury card when they should have fined him and suspended him w/o pay for the rest of the playoffs. It's pretty obvious he's doing this shit to despise Carlisle.

Raven
04-23-2015, 01:52 PM
Devin Harris (toe) was able to practice on Thursday.

While Harris was already listed as probable to play in Game 3 agains the Rockets, this is a good sign for his availability for Friday. Harris and J.J. Barea will see big minutes with Rajon Rondo (back/ego) out indefinitely and both should have a chance at decent fantasy production as the Mavericks' only solid point guard options.

:lmao

baseline bum
04-23-2015, 02:03 PM
nm