PDA

View Full Version : Who Wins Game 2?

Stabula
04-22-2015, 04:33 PM
Well the day is finally upon us and the Spurs have a lot of questions to answer tonight as far as how they will adjust going forward after the beat-down in Game 1. Personally I'm optimistic and expect a big game from Leonard, Green, and Mills in that order. I expect less production from Paul and Crawford but more production from Griffin especially if Splitter looks like he did in Game 1. But what do you think...who wins Game 2?

FromWayDowntown
04-22-2015, 04:34 PM
n/m

Matty2Cool
04-22-2015, 04:34 PM
The less minutes parker gets the greater chance the Spurs have of winning

Stabula
04-22-2015, 04:39 PM
The less minutes parker gets the greater chance the Spurs have of winning

The Spurs need Parker to play starter minutes and at least be competent if they want a shot at this series. There should be absolutely no minutes for Joseph this series, it's time for Mills to shine like he always has against this club.

Horry Hipcheck
04-22-2015, 04:53 PM
The Spurs will certainly play better. My question is, what's Pop going to do? We all know he's a mastermind tactician when he wants to be - so does he want to be? Anyone with an attached brain stem knows Pop didn't get this deep in the season to just stop caring, so how does he adjust to what Doc Rivers threw at him in Game 1? Will he keep benching Mills when Patty is burying threes? Will he insist on leaving Marco and Parker on lose/lose defensive assignments? Will he utilize Hack-a-Jordan more than just one stretch?

The Spurs also have to believe in their system. The Clips looked like a defensive juggernaut in Game 1, and SA backed away from the lane and forcing physicality. LA's entire defensive scheme for the Spurs involves a lot of running around, chasing shooters of the line, etc. The Spurs played right into that strategy in G1. But, when it's being performed well, the Spurs' pick and roll motion offense is LA's kryptonite. The Spurs will shoot better from the field and the FT line. The Clips will probably perform at around where they did in Game 1. If Pop makes the adjustments we all know he's capable of making, the Spurs should even the series.

DarrinS
04-22-2015, 04:56 PM
I don't think the Spurs could possibly play worse and the Clips can't play much better, so I expect a more competitive game tonight.

RD2191
04-22-2015, 05:00 PM
The Spurs need Parker to play starter minutes and at least be competent if they want a shot at this series. There should be absolutely no minutes for Joseph this series, it's time for Mills to shine like he always has against this club.
Mills should start, cojo should be the backup and Parker should be eating bench. There are stats to back up that he doesn't make any of his teammates better and the both the offense and defense suffer when he is on the floor.

LittleCriminal
04-22-2015, 05:06 PM
Spurs win 120 to 108

Stabula
04-22-2015, 05:11 PM
The Spurs will certainly play better. My question is, what's Pop going to do? We all know he's a mastermind tactician when he wants to be - so does he want to be? Anyone with an attached brain stem knows Pop didn't get this deep in the season to just stop caring, so how does he adjust to what Doc Rivers threw at him in Game 1? Will he keep benching Mills when Patty is burying threes? Will he insist on leaving Marco and Parker on lose/lose defensive assignments? Will he utilize Hack-a-Jordan more than just one stretch?

The Spurs also have to believe in their system. The Clips looked like a defensive juggernaut in Game 1, and SA backed away from the lane and forcing physicality. LA's entire defensive scheme for the Spurs involves a lot of running around, chasing shooters of the line, etc. The Spurs played right into that strategy in G1. But, when it's being performed well, the Spurs' pick and roll motion offense is LA's kryptonite. The Spurs will shoot better from the field and the FT line. The Clips will probably perform at around where they did in Game 1. If Pop makes the adjustments we all know he's capable of making, the Spurs should even the series.

A fair take on the current situation and, I too, believe the Clips won't play worse than they did in Game 1 that was no fluke. However the Spurs playing as poorly as they played was a fluke for sure. Freethrows and open jumpers that were clanking off the rim last game should find the hole this time around but that still might not be enough. The Spurs really need Splitter healthy and mobile to execute their lauded motion PnR offense and he's still a big question mark in this series, sadly. I'm hoping to see Green on Paul from the start, I want Leonard surrounded by shooters, and I want to see Parker play like Parker and challenge Jordan in the paint. That last one might be a long-shot given his level of play this year but if we can show Jordan the ball and keep him in foul-trouble it'll be a whole different ball game.

z0sa
04-22-2015, 05:13 PM
Spurs take game 2.

DPG21920
04-22-2015, 05:13 PM
Spurs win: 106-98

ElNono
04-22-2015, 05:14 PM
it's free, what the hell, voted blowout win

RD2191
04-22-2015, 05:16 PM
Clips by 10.

dabom
04-22-2015, 05:24 PM
Can we stop doing these stupid fucking polls. :lmao

hater
04-22-2015, 05:25 PM
Clippers are winning. entire forum will cliffjump.

Spurs will come back with a vengeance. cliffjumpers will come back with "I told you sos"

:lmao

Stabula
04-22-2015, 05:41 PM
Can we stop doing these stupid fucking polls. :lmao

I think it's interesting to see the thoughts of the forum put into actual numerical stats.

Dex
04-22-2015, 06:04 PM
I don't bet on Spurs playoff games.

Not even polls.

jdelar03
04-22-2015, 06:06 PM
Spurs sweep in 5 lol :rolleyes

dabom
04-22-2015, 06:22 PM
I think it's interesting to see the thoughts of the forum put into actual numerical stats.

Ok then.

siraulo23
04-22-2015, 07:17 PM
Is it pretty much over if the spurs lose game 2?

RD2191
04-22-2015, 07:19 PM
Is it pretty much over if the spurs lose game 2?
It was pretty much over in Game 1. The home team wins the series 85% of the time when the they win game 1.

mclinejr
04-22-2015, 07:23 PM
I originally predicted Spurs in 5, but now I'm leaning towards 6 or 7. I don't see the Spurs winning 4 in a row. It would be awesome to see a good old backdoor sweep, though.

mclinejr
04-22-2015, 07:25 PM
It was pretty much over in Game 1. The home team wins the series 85% of the time when the they win game 1.

I'm glad to see you're back to being cynical. The Spurs usually win when you're like this :)

RD2191
04-22-2015, 07:27 PM
I'm glad to see you're back to being cynical. The Spurs usually win when you're like this :)
Yeah, but it usually ends with me getting shat on. Gotta do it for the team though.:lol

mclinejr
04-22-2015, 07:29 PM
Yeah, but it usually ends with me getting shat on. Gotta do it for the team though.:lol

:toast

beirmeistr
04-22-2015, 07:30 PM
spurs play beautiful basketball and win big, gain homecort advantage

LongtimeSpursFan
04-22-2015, 07:36 PM
I really hope the Spurs win game 2. With less than 48 hours between games 2 and 3 and even less rest between games 3 and 4 the Clippers are going to be gassed if Doc Rivers continues to play his starting five 35+ minutes.