PDA

View Full Version : Did the Clippers look tired out there at the end?

ElNono
04-23-2015, 01:02 AM
I thought they looked gassed. They were leaving some shots short, Griffin making mistakes, Paul didn't want to shoot.

Blake played with the bench the entire 1st half... I wonder if their lack of depth is going to be an issue as the games go on, especially now that the games are every two days?

Spurs21Fan4Ever
04-23-2015, 01:03 AM
Absolutely, even on that desperate three CP3 made, there was no arc and no rotation on the shot. I knew this would happen. Spurs might run them ragged on Friday with Mills, Green, and Leonard. Plus Manu didn't play much so he'll be rested for Friday. Hopefully Splitter is ready to play a full game cause Duncan and Diaw might be tired.

therealtruth
04-23-2015, 01:04 AM
That's their problem. We've got to expose that.

MI21
04-23-2015, 01:04 AM
I don't think any NBA player should be tired in a game that has Hack-a-Jordan - it's 20 seconds of gameplay on defense for the Clips and then about 60 seconds rest, for the best part of 10 minutes.

This is also another way the hack-a-player strategy can work for and against you. An old team who have played a fuckload of basketball in the last 3 years like the Spurs may benefit from the rest but it can also let a team lacking depth get more rest and player there starters even more.

Spurs da champs
04-23-2015, 01:05 AM
They have a tendency of choking even worse than the Spurs, but yeah I honestly can't recall the last time I saw Griffin on the bench...

Darius McCrary
04-23-2015, 01:05 AM
Yes
take a look the starters minutes played

This game was a huge huge victory in this series.
the only true worry we should have is Duncan getting tired legs.
But Clippers blew a huge load tonight for nothing lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-23-2015, 01:06 AM
Blake's always been a mental midget, going back to college. Nothing new for him to fumble it away like he did tonight. His basketball IQ stops at jump up and dunk everything.

DarrinS
Tim looked pretty wiped out in post-game

Nathan89
Probably just shitting their selves under the pressure tbh

silverblackfan
They did look tired. At the rate they were burning energy, it seemed like a matter of time. Patty Mills catching fire at the right time seemed to accelerate the process.

itzsoweezee
Yes. And they would've been even more tired if pop didn't go to the stupid hacking strategy.

Mugen
Blake's turnovers can be attributed to fatigue tbh.

spurraider21
04-23-2015, 01:07 AM
deep bench will become a bigger factor as the series wears on

:flag:

MI21
04-23-2015, 01:08 AM
Blake's always been a mental midget, going back to college. Nothing new for him to fumble it away like he did tonight. His basketball IQ stops at jump up and dunk everything.

I'm not seeing it, this feels like something you would say if you hadn't watch Blake play since 2010/2011. I actually think because he has pretty great passing skills for a big guy, he is a little indecisive at times because of it and is often looking to set up players. Against the Spurs in particular, he would be better off being more of a bully and trying to dunk everything.

kjhip1
Look really tired in the end, Spurs were moving them all over with their sets...Hopefully, coming home the 3-pointers fall. We make those we wrap up both games at home and go for a close in LA

Darius McCrary
Blake has improved greatly
but that entire Clippers team will always fold if you keep the pressure on them.

Keepin' it real
04-23-2015, 01:10 AM
Don't worry, Reggie Miller will give the entire Clippers roster massages between now and game 3. So they'll be fine.

Grit and Grind
Yall didn't look to great yourself, one of the most struggle victories OAT

crc21209
Yes they did look tired. And even though they are younger, the mins are going to catch up to them. Especially now that the games are every other day. Paul played the whole 1st and 3rd qtrs pretty much. Griffin was also out there with their bench alot...

Grit and Grind
04-23-2015, 01:11 AM

You stuck in 2012?

ElNono
04-23-2015, 01:13 AM
Yall didn't look to great yourself, one of the most struggle victories OAT

We're old, tbh... and frankly, Tony apparently playing hurt didn't help... but I was surprised to see a young team like that pretty winded.

Floyd Pacquiao
04-23-2015, 01:14 AM
I'm watching Tim on nbatv, he looks fine..

silverblackfan
04-23-2015, 01:15 AM
Blake has improved a hell of a lot at reading the defense and running the right play. Whether it is from IQ or just repetition from the coaches, the result is a much improved offensive player. He certainly does not sit on his ass in the off season. Its a shame that he will wear out just like the rest of the human members of his 7 man team.

Malik Hairston
04-23-2015, 01:16 AM
They looked winded at the end of game 1, too..

Their bench is atrocious and they can't afford to keep Paul/Griffin/Jordan out for too long..not only was this loss demoralizing for them, but now the series goes to every other day format, which heavily favors the deep Spurs..

siraulo23
04-23-2015, 01:16 AM
Yes, but Duncan also played heavy minutes

This Clipper team is very good, and their defense :wow

Skull-1
04-23-2015, 01:17 AM
Absolutely, even on that desperate three CP3 made, there was no arc and no rotation on the shot. I knew this would happen. Spurs might run them ragged on Friday with Mills, Green, and Leonard. Plus Manu didn't play much so he'll be rested for Friday. Hopefully Splitter is ready to play a full game cause Duncan and Diaw might be tired.

Oh boy. Lucky us. /sarc

spurraider21
04-23-2015, 01:18 AM
Duncan played 44 minutes tonight... hopefully our guys can knock down their open shots at home

Skull-1
04-23-2015, 01:19 AM

But he makes such awesome commercials. /sarc

LoneStarState'sPride
04-23-2015, 01:19 AM
Don't worry, Reggie Miller will give the entire Clippers roster massages between now and game 3. So they'll be fine.

:lol

BatManu20
04-23-2015, 01:20 AM
Pretty much everyone did, imo, minus Patty and Marco. Even Bobo's sprintinghttp://cdncache-a.akamaihd.net/items/it/img/arrow-10x10.png (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/) was a little sluggish. The Clippers literally don't use their bench hardly ever, so naturally their guys are going to be fatigued in close games down the stretch. Spurs need to expose that, and I think that it will start to show as the series wears on (hopefully).

TDfan2007
04-23-2015, 01:21 AM

That's unfair. Griffin played as well as possible outside of those two late turnovers. His main issue is that shaky outside shot. Makes it tough to go to him in the clutch. Other than that, he's a nightmare.

Sean Cagney
04-23-2015, 01:24 AM
They have a tendency of choking even worse than the Spurs, but yeah I honestly can't recall the last time I saw Griffin on the bench...
Whats funny is the Spurs seem to choke leads away and games like crazy, but they are still winners lol. Clippers seem to just choke it seems alot of times without the titles to back that up there. If they out choke the Spurs in this one I will be happy.

jag
04-23-2015, 01:25 AM
I'm not seeing it, this feels like something you would say if you hadn't watch Blake play since 2010/2011. I actually think because he has pretty great passing skills for a big guy, he is a little indecisive at times because of it and is often looking to set up players. Against the Spurs in particular, he would be better off being more of a bully and trying to dunk everything.

Yeah, I don't think he's been paying attention.

ElNono
04-23-2015, 01:25 AM
Blake has evolved a lot and he's a great player nowadays, tbh.... almost unguardable

Mugen
04-23-2015, 01:27 AM
I don't want to start another thread so Imma hijack OP's tbh.....

HOLY FUCK, Reggie Miller is awful. Just absolutely the worst thing about the NBA right now. I'd rather have his brother Cheryl call these games, holy shit.

ElNono
04-23-2015, 01:28 AM

HOLY FUCK, Reggie Miller is awful. Just absolutely the worst thing about the NBA right now. I'd rather have his brother Cheryl call these games, holy shit.

Can't hear you over Reggie blowing the entire Staples Center crowd....

Malik Hairston
04-23-2015, 01:33 AM
Meh, Reggie is a Clippers fan, can't really blame him, tbh..this was known prior to the series..

Obviously he's one of the shittiest announcers in sports history, but it's not like he's a Spurs hater..

Mikeanaro
04-23-2015, 01:35 AM
They looked a little tired yes, and out of ideas too.
DeAndre is a stud but he cant make 5000 jumps a night.

100%duncan
04-23-2015, 01:37 AM
They just kneeled down to GODuncan.

Beaverfuzz
04-23-2015, 01:37 AM
I thought they looked gassed. They were leaving some shots short, Griffin making mistakes, Paul didn't want to shoot.

Blake played with the bench the entire 1st half... I wonder if their lack of depth is going to be an issue as the games go on, especially now that the games are every two days?

Yes, not to pick on Parker but they looked as bad as his shots were earlier in the game. That's the difference between a shitty bench and an elite bench.

capek
04-23-2015, 01:38 AM
They absolutely looked gassed, which leads to mental mistakes, which is exacerbated when you're already not a very smart team. It will be the downfall of the Clippers in this series.

Spurs da champs
04-23-2015, 01:41 AM
Whats funny is the Spurs seem to choke leads away and games like crazy, but they are still winners lol. Clippers seem to just choke it seems alot of times without the titles to back that up there. If they out choke the Spurs in this one I will be happy.
No doubt! :toast

SpurPadre
04-23-2015, 01:41 AM
I'm more concerned about TD being gassed after tonight. It might mean Baynes will get some minutes on Friday.

slick'81
04-23-2015, 01:42 AM
Blake can't play the whole fucking game dude was done

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-23-2015, 01:43 AM
That's unfair. Griffin played as well as possible outside of those two late turnovers. His main issue is that shaky outside shot. Makes it tough to go to him in the clutch. Other than that, he's a nightmare.

That's my point. He's a monster for 44 minutes. Then...

Sean Cagney
04-23-2015, 01:44 AM
I'm more concerned about TD being gassed after tonight. It might mean Baynes will get some minutes on Friday.

Tim is a warrior man he will be aiight, he had three games off to play this one tonight and has tomorrow night off to rest. He wants this and you can tell.

SpurPadre
04-23-2015, 01:47 AM
Tim is a warrior man he will be aiight, he had three games off to play this one tonight and has tomorrow night off to rest. He wants this and you can tell.

He does but he's only human. Hope we blow them out on Friday so he can take the whole fourth quarter off.

silverblackfan
04-23-2015, 01:47 AM

I also don't want to distract, but I feel that Reggie has actually improved on his skills. His first few years I could hardly hear him bashing on the Spurs, but this year his comments have been pretty accurate. He talks a bit louder, calls out the plays that he sees, and clearly respects Tim and the Spurs. This has to be the first year I said that, but he seems to really be putting in the effort to improve, and it shows in the audio.

Clipper Nation
04-23-2015, 01:48 AM
That's my point. He's a monster for 44 minutes. Then...

Then Choke Paul takes over and gags another game away.

HI-FI
04-23-2015, 01:52 AM
same as last year, Pop gonna send wave after wave, eventually the other side will get worn down.

Horry Hipcheck
04-23-2015, 02:08 AM
If Splitter and Manu are healthy, fatigue should start to show in Games 3 and 4. The Clippers won't survive more games like tonight. Pop has weapons to throw at LA for an entire game.

therealtruth
04-23-2015, 02:08 AM

This was a huge win. You can't have TD play heavy minutes and not get the win.

Sean Cagney
04-23-2015, 03:10 AM
This was a huge win. You can't have TD play heavy minutes and not get the win.

If they lost tonight that would have been devistating imo, waste of a great game from Tim.

cd021
04-23-2015, 03:38 AM

Played the first 9:45 of the game

Came back and started the second quarter

played the next 23:14 (almost all of the second and third quarter) Sat for a part of the 4th and played the final 15 minutes of the game.

Hopefully he is fatigued for game 3.

cd021
04-23-2015, 03:44 AM

Statistically he's around average for 16-23 feet. Its comes down to confidence late in games. He wasn't willing to take them, instead opting for post ups and drives. They didn't go all that well late in the game. Duncan hesitated on outside jumpers ,when he could actually hit them, late in games.

cd021
04-23-2015, 03:46 AM
Blake has evolved a lot and he's a great player nowadays, tbh.... almost unguardable

that face up game can be brutal. If a big isn't quick enough laterally he can blow by them and get to the middle of the floor. Can finish and or draw contact.

TampaDude
04-23-2015, 04:52 AM
He does but he's only human. Hope we blow them out on Friday so he can take the whole fourth quarter off.

Hopefully, Timmy can coast a bit while Kawhi and Danny bring the rain.

MateoNeygro
04-23-2015, 07:29 AM
Clippers looked very tired. Griffin seemed to play the whole damn game. It should wear on them quite a bit. I honestly haven't watch a whole lot of Blake Griffin but the guy is an absolute monster. When he dunks it's like he doesn't stop going upward.

manufan10
04-23-2015, 07:51 AM

Glad I have FSSW so I don't have to listen to Reggie.

:lol at the bold part.

heyheymymy
04-23-2015, 08:04 AM
Clippers were exhausted after all the blowjobs Reggie Miller gave them.

Uriel
04-23-2015, 08:07 AM
It isn't necessarily true that the every other day schedule now favors the Spurs. If anything, we need those 2 days off now more than ever to rest Tony and Tiago's injuries.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
04-23-2015, 08:12 AM

Yes, they exhausted themselves with their game 1 antics. It wasn't so much that the Clips almost beat the Spurs this game as it was the Spurs almost giving the game away with all those miss layups that allowed the Clips to get back in the game.

So for those of you questioning Pop after game 1, you see why didn't care if the Spurs match the Clips intensity in game. Kept them fresh for game 2. Now the series has definitely swung in the Spurs favor as there are no more extended Days off and the Spurs depth should start to take advantage in this series.

urunobili
04-23-2015, 08:28 AM
If TP is not ready to go and they start bulldog CoJo on Paul that could be a tiring effort too tbh