PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Compare this year's first round to last year's first round so far

Jacob1983
04-23-2015, 02:49 AM
Pretty shitty and boring if you ask me. The Spurs and Clippers are tied up at 1 game a piece. That series has been the most exciting. The rest has been garbage. When's the last time there was just one series tied after the 1st two games in the first round? Has that ever happened in the past?

Robz4000
04-23-2015, 03:00 AM
Pretty shitty and boring if you ask me. The Spurs and Clippers are tied up at 1 game a piece. That series has been the most exciting. The rest has been garbage. When's the last time there was just one series tied after the 1st two games in the first round? Has that ever happened in the past?

2008 playoffs

100%duncan
04-23-2015, 03:05 AM
Mavs amd Rox were also suppose to steal the show but they have been disappointing so far. Pels played great but Dubs are just much better. No one cares about 4v5. The east is pretty boring, wouldve been nice if heat managed to get in bron vs wade, and if Pacers got in and we see some Paul george heroics.

apalisoc_9
04-23-2015, 03:09 AM
First round is not finished yet.

Silver&Black
04-23-2015, 03:14 AM
Well I would think it's pretty shitty and boring if I was a Mavs fan too. Giving up 15 alley oops in a row will break your spirit.

Malik Hairston
04-23-2015, 03:15 AM
The Blazers without Matthews and the Mavs without Parsons/with Rondo aren't really playoff-caliber teams in the West, tbh, which has killed the matchups..Houston and Memphis are essentially getting byes into the next round..

Warriors/Pelicans has been pretty good, but typical 1 vs. 8

The East is worse than usual, this year, not much was expected out of it..the 2nd round in both conferences should be exciting, though..Warriors vs. Grizzlies, Clippers/Spurs vs. Rockets, Cavs vs. Bulls and Hawks vs. Wizards..

Jacob1983
04-23-2015, 03:24 AM
I know it's not over. Someone could come back from 0-2 in the first round. I don't think it will happen but it could.

apalisoc_9
04-23-2015, 03:35 AM
The Blazers without Matthews and the Mavs without Parsons/with Rondo aren't really playoff-caliber teams in the West, tbh, which has killed the matchups..Houston and Memphis are essentially getting byes into the next round..

The East is worse than usual, this year, not much was expected out of it..the 2nd round in both conferences should be exciting, though..Warriors vs. Grizzlies, Clippers/Spurs vs. Rockets, Cavs vs. Bulls and Hawks vs. Wizards..

Hawks vs Wiz? I don't know about that. Washington won two in Toronto, but it was really a matter of who is going to play shittier basketball, IMO..Then again, I've only watched 3.5 quarters of that series so far so I don't know.

Malik Hairston
04-23-2015, 03:36 AM
Raptors are fucking terrible, bro:lol..

apalisoc_9
04-23-2015, 03:54 AM
Raptors are fucking terrible, bro:lol..

No no i agree on that one...

I was talking about a possible WAS vs ATL series..I think that series is going to be a borefest, IMO.

spurraider21
04-23-2015, 04:19 AM
surprised jacob hasn't offed himself yet. grats tbh

AlexJones
04-23-2015, 04:26 AM
NBA playoffs haven't been great for years now. 2012, 13 were weakest of my lifetime.

NHL playoffs deliver per par but MLB postseason still takes the cake after all these years tbh

ambchang
04-23-2015, 09:00 AM
Mavs amd Rox were also suppose to steal the show but they have been disappointing so far. Pels played great but Dubs are just much better. No one cares about 4v5. The east is pretty boring, wouldve been nice if heat managed to get in bron vs wade, and if Pacers got in and we see some Paul george heroics.

I have a feeling the Mavs will win the next two. Carlisle is too good a coach to not hold court over McHale. Harden is choking per par, Ariza is shooting horribly. The Mavs now have to focus on stopping Terry and Brewer, let Dwight have his but keep the score close, and start fouling Dwight at the end of game to make Dwight win it at the line.

With Rondo gone, the chemistry will be much better. I think the Mavs will pull out the next two, lose Game 5, win Game 6, and then 7.

100%duncan
04-23-2015, 09:03 AM
I have a feeling the Mavs will win the next two. Carlisle is too good a coach to not hold court over McHale. Harden is choking per par, Ariza is shooting horribly. The Mavs now have to focus on stopping Terry and Brewer, let Dwight have his but keep the score close, and start fouling Dwight at the end of game to make Dwight win it at the line.

With Rondo gone, the chemistry will be much better. I think the Mavs will pull out the next two, lose Game 5, win Game 6, and then 7.

I called Mavs in 6 too. This 2 day break will be huge for Dirk since he looks like a 50 year old out there

100%duncan
04-23-2015, 09:03 AM

I called Mavs in 6 too. This 2 day break will be huge for Dirk since he looks like a 50 year old out there

sook
04-23-2015, 10:02 AM

rockets are missing 2 starters as well.

Vash StampedE
04-23-2015, 11:36 AM
Last year's first round playoffs (particularly in the west, as always) was clearly more entertaining, in terms of matchup and how each series went at least 6 games.

hater
04-23-2015, 11:48 AM
One was played in 2014 the other in 2015. Any more questions?

SpurSwag
04-23-2015, 02:03 PM
I'm thinking Houston in 5, Dallas just has no defensive answer at all. Last game their defense was completely exposed, and Dirk just isn't good enough to win games anymore.

This has been a much worse first round than last year, but like some have said, the 2nd round will be great and there's still plenty of time for the first round to turn around.