PDA

View Full Version : Did Timmys abuse of Jordan win Leonard DPOY?

Horse
04-23-2015, 10:24 AM
I know they probly voted before last night but still funny how Timmy lit him up.

exstatic
04-23-2015, 10:26 AM
Votes were already in. It is telling, though, what a hollow stat blocked shots can be. DJ went up and GOT a couple of Tim's shots, but it didn't affect Tim's overall scoring spree.

SpursFan86
04-23-2015, 10:27 AM
DJ is a good defender, but all this talk of him being DPOTY-caliber is a joke. He still has a ways to go before he is rightfully in any DPOTY conversations. It would've been a crime if he won it this year.

urunobili
04-23-2015, 10:42 AM
My fear is that he'll be like a bull in a china shop because Leonard will be awarded on game 3... :depressed

Horse
04-23-2015, 12:24 PM
I'm just glad they didn't build him up in their heads like ibaka

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
04-23-2015, 12:33 PM
My top 3 defensive One-on-One big man defenders in the league are Noah, Splitter (yes Splitter when healthy) and Chandler (when completely healthy). Guys like Jordan, Ibaka, Howard etc are more weak side shot blockers but aren't all-world one-on-one defenders. Timmy showed that last night. Timmy carved up Ibaka last year. Timmy did the same the year before in destroying Howard when he was with the Lakers.

I got tired of seeing weakside blocking defenders like Camby and Howard winning it. Though Timmy got robbed, at least they gave the award to Gasol and not Ibaka a couple of years ago.

Leetonidas
04-23-2015, 12:35 PM
Considering he finished 3rd and Green had more 1st place votes than Leonard, doubtful even if they had voted right after the game tbh

DeMonkey being considered a DPOY candidate is a fucking joke :lol