PDA

View Full Version : Game 3 Adjustments

DPG21920
04-23-2015, 03:18 PM
I know we usually talk adjustments when a team loses a game, but what about analyzing the win? Does anyone have any concerns with what they saw in GM2? See anything you like? Any further adjustments in GM3 needed?

Since I am the eternal optimist, I will start with what I saw different in GM2 v GM1 that I liked:

o Overall offense: I felt the Spurs got much better looks overall. The spacing was much, much better and that alone opened up some spaces in the crowded painted area. Spurs didn't necessarily take advantage (missed a lot of layups, TP/Manu/Mills still couldn't really get to the rim), but it left a lot more room to operate. Reasons?
o Clippers Defense Regressed Some: They didn't appear to be nearly as aggressive as in GM1. They didn't seem to jump PnR's quite as hard or frequently. They weren't scrambling quite as hard.
o Wasn't just the Clips. Spurs seemed to do more side PnR than top of the key PnR. They also were much more crisp in their ball movement. They seemed committed to playing with a quicker pace and better spacing.
o Kawhi not doubled: Spurs got DPOY much better looks tonight - more space. He didn't get going in transistion as much as you would like, but overall, his decision making was better, they got him the ball faster and moved him around from that baseline/corner spot much more.

o Overall defense: Spurs had a defensive game, much like they had an offensive game in GM1. What I mean by that is they played well 80% of the time, really well, but the other 20% was mind-numbingly bad. They had so many frantic plays where they were confused, bunched up and it lead to some serious blunders (CP3 wide open 3's, Jordan alley-oops). You have to like keeping LAC under 100 in regulation, so job well done. Their switching of damn near everything looks chaotic, but seems to be working more often than not. If they can clean up the mental errors that are leading to CP3 getting 6-9 points on wide open looks, they should be very good here.

o From an adjustment perspective: Spurs started out with DPOY on JJ. It was interesting to see which way Pop went here with CP3 torching the Spurs in GM1 and he elected to go TP/DG on CP3 for the most part early it seems.
o The switching wasn't really anything new from GM1: but man it was an adjustment from the regular season defense.
o Spurs seemed to employ an aggressive strategy inside the 3PT line. Things were tight in there and a lot of activity.

Adjustments Going Into GM3: I am nervous. I know we should not have expected the %'s of guys like Green/others on the road to magically change in the playoffs against a legit opponent but damn. Game plan aside, while the Spurs are figuring out the Clips gimmicky hyper-aggressive trapping defense, they are missing a ton of good looks. Will home cure all? I really hope so. Clips offense is so good that you just can't afford to keep missing the great looks. Spurs should get plenty of them (assuming TP/Manu aren't done and can spearhead the offense with ball movement/handling), but you have to start hitting. Spurs also missing a ton of FT's. In a game where they are wrecking LAC at the FT line in terms of attempts (true attempts, not counting the hack-a-Jordan), they aren't getting any seperation from it.

From a defensive perspective, I felt they are playing much better overall. Clips offense is a machine, but outside of Blake/CP, Spurs have handled things well. I would like to limit one of CP/Blake a little more than we are (I think we have the better shot a stopping CP3 a little more due to Danny/Kawhi), but I am pretty good here as long as the Spurs get more comfortable with the switch everything scheme. First two games it's lead to some really, really bad defensive blunders and Clips are punishing us there (unlike the Spurs not punishing the Clips with their blunders).

The only adjustments I would like to see are:

o Play more Danny: Yes, he's struggling in the series with shooting. But so is Beli from 3. Beli is giving supreme effort, but talent wins in the playoffs and Clips offense is too good. Have to have more Danny for more stretches. Let's hope he hits enough 3's so Pop can't take him out.

o Stop Hacking when Spurs have a lead: It hasn't worked well. Leads have evaporated when we have done that and our offense has stalled out so badly. If Spurs are winning, it's for a reason. No need to do that especially when you see foul trouble racking up and the lead shrinking.

o More Kawhi PnR: Kawhi had a lot more breathing room and the results were very good. Put him in a few more PnR and let's see if he can be the one to get all the way to the rim. Worst case, it will spread things out a bit more and stretch their defense. Great way to get him the ball quickly and in a position to handle and trap or double more clearly.

Anyone else have concerns or thoughts going into game 3?

DMC
04-23-2015, 03:22 PM
I hope I get to watch it unlike last night being stuck in Kansas fucking City.

apalisoc_9
04-23-2015, 03:23 PM
Not really an adjustment, but TD, Boris and Tiago need to limit Deandre's defensive prowees by straight up attacking him. Jordan is a monster when you allow him to room around and play help defense..

They did that in game 2 and hopefully they continue on.

cd98
04-23-2015, 03:23 PM
I think Danny Green has a big game coming home. He shoots better at home and he hasn't had a great shooting night yet. I look for him to go off in Game 3. I'm a little more concerned about Game 4. It's a quick turnaround 2:30pm game. That will be tough for both teams, but it adds unpredictability to that game. Who will it impact more?

Robz4000
04-23-2015, 03:25 PM
Agree for the most part, especially on the Hack-a-Jordan. My main concern is missing all the chippies; its been a recurring issue all year and it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

Mikeanaro
04-23-2015, 03:28 PM
Not much, but I was worried about all that Clips circus/monkeyballing fest doing so many alley oops like if they were playing a meaningless regular season game, Blake Griffin has progressed a lot since last season when he had a horrible FG% against OKC and that improvement needs some solid D to take him out his comfort zone whenever its a jump shoot or one of his drives to slam the ball.
I think we know how to play these Clips at this point but we need more Danny ¨milk carton¨ Green, if he finds his shot things will be much much better.
Will they double team Whi again?
What will Pop do regarding PG position?

DJR210
04-23-2015, 03:29 PM
I agree with more post ups for Kawhi, and just getting him going offensively from the jump.

ElNono
04-23-2015, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the writeup. :tu

I feel the Spurs are still playing at about 60% on defense, some of that is Pop going with some lineup choices that I feel he's making in order to get more offense from the team. Possibly because he feels we simply can't defend this team that well with Tiago being substantially limited. But numbers dictate players like Green score substantially better at home, so hopefully we see a more balanced offense-defense lineups and we can play even better D. Also, let's hope Tiago continues to make progress.

I've no problem in general with the offense. As you mention, we've missed easy baskets, wide open shots, and freebies. That points to the offense generating such looks, which is good. If we can continue to generate that, the shots will eventually fall.

Lastly, I don't think we've seen a "Kawhi" game yet, or a "Manu" game yet, and while it might or to happen in this series, there's better odds of that happening at home.

Malik Hairston
04-23-2015, 03:52 PM
The offensive shooting disparity at home vs. away for Green, Tony Prigioni and Ginobili is massive, tbh..

Tony Prigioni: 52% from the field at home vs. 43% away
Green: 47% from 3(:wow) at home vs. 35% away
Manu: 39% from 3 at home vs. 30% away

Clippers' D hasn't been nearly as good as the perception IMO, the Spurs have been missing a ton of open shots..that probably won't happen at home, I expect the offense to be a lot smoother..

spurraider21
04-23-2015, 03:55 PM
Clippers' D hasn't been nearly as good as the perception IMO, the Spurs have been missing a ton of open shots..that probably won't happen at home, I expect the offense to be a lot smoother..
this

K...
04-23-2015, 03:55 PM
I'd like more random hack attack. Like one or two a quarter. Basically just mind games.

apalisoc_9
04-23-2015, 03:57 PM
tony prigioni :lol

ElNono
04-23-2015, 04:00 PM
What's weird is that the Spurs had plenty of chances to foul DJ during the course of the game when he was under the basket, and didn't do it.

I think those are the little smart defensive things the team has not made yet.

Ditty
04-23-2015, 04:00 PM
The offensive shooting disparity at home vs. away for Green, Tony Prigioni and Ginobili is massive, tbh..

Tony Prigioni: 52% from the field at home vs. 43% away
Green: 47% from 3(:wow) at home vs. 35% away
Manu: 39% from 3 at home vs. 30% away

still think clippers in 7?

Cry Havoc
04-23-2015, 04:01 PM
I hope I get to watch it unlike last night being stuck in Kansas fucking City.

Did you record it or do you need a link?

Malik Hairston
04-23-2015, 04:02 PM
still think clippers in 7?

Not sure..I didn't think the Spurs could win on the road, they've been so bad this year, I expect them to win both at home, but you never know with this inconsistent 2015 Spurs team..

I think game 2 definitely demoralized the Clippers, though..losing that game with Parker and Ginobili out, Spurs choking a 10-point lead, Duncan with 5 fouls, at home with a chance to take full command of the series..pretty tough to come back from that..

Horry Hipcheck
04-23-2015, 04:04 PM
Give Mills and Green more minutes, especially for Mills in Parker's absence. Neither Patty nor CoJo can run the offense as effectively as Parker can, but Mills is more energetic and a much better shooter. Kawhi and Splitter seem to feel more comfortable with him on the floor vs. LA. Green will break out of his shooting slump eventually, and probably at home, but his defense should earn him more minutes. Marco is shooting well and can go for stretches, but he's bad defensively and his offense isn't worth it against the Clips.

Hope that Splitter can keep going for longer and longer stretches.

Attack Jordan. Most of his heart-stopper blocks come on help defense against smaller guards. Make him work harder inside against Diaw, Splitter, Duncan.

Get Kawhi one-on-one touches as often as possible. Open up the Clips defense with ball movement and make it harder for them to throw doubles at him.

Malik Hairston
04-23-2015, 04:04 PM
What's weird is that the Spurs had plenty of chances to foul DJ during the course of the game when he was under the basket, and didn't do it.

I think those are the little smart defensive things the team has not made yet.

It's very encouraging that the Spurs are tied at 1, going back home, despite playing some really sloppy basketball, so far..like you said, there are a ton of things they can still work on, even excluding missing open shots..

RD2191
04-23-2015, 04:05 PM
Just hope the Spurs come out swinging and bury these scrubs early. Last nights game was too much.

Malik Hairston
04-23-2015, 04:05 PM
Belinelli's actually giving good minutes, so far, surprisingly..I wouldn't mind him on the floor, at all, but only if he's covering Matt Barnes..although Crawford missed a few against him, he really shouldn't be covering him..

He misses rotations, but you can live with Barnes shooting, all day..

8FOR!3
04-23-2015, 04:09 PM
I have a feeling the Clippers are going to lose some of their steam after losing in OT at home in a game they clearly should've won with a few minutes left. It's easy to keep winning when you're winning games, but not all teams can come back from a playoff loss at home.

aal04
04-23-2015, 04:09 PM
IMO, the only good thing about hacking is momentum. I rarely see it being more beneficial for the score a part from slowing down an opponent run.

04-23-2015, 04:39 PM
Offensively:

I liked what I saw from Kawhi. He let the offense come to him and things worked themselves out. Sure post ups for Kawhi would be nice but he'll have to attack or pass a lot quicker than in game 1 or it will just stall the offense. He's skilled enough to find his shots all over the floor so I'd like to see him continually attack from everywhere. If Duncan wasn't so hot I would have loved to see him take over when Manu and Tony were out. He had a few ugly turnovers but whatever, it happens.

Tony didn't have a great game, but he set the tone attacking the paint and it seems the team was less tentative going against Jordan this game. His shots weren't falling but it reminded me of when we were on the winning streak and he was looking to pass whether look for his own shot. He passed up a corner 3 though and that didn't really sit right with me. He can hit those.

Duncan was spectacular as always. Carrying the team at the ripe age of 39 is nothing but a testament to his greatness. I don't expect him to play as well as he did next game, but it was great seeing him have success posting up the bigger Deandre Jordan. The Clips don't have any other shot blockers besides Jordan, so if you go at him in the post(average post defender) it's a pretty good look. I'd like to see more post ups from our bigs on both Dre and Griffin.

Patty brought the thrills as usual. When we were down two and Griffin had just turned the ball over I was so sure he was going to pull up for three, and I was pretty confident he would make it :lol

Manu had a pretty good game. He fouled out, but only because of Pop's silly hack a jordan. He attacked the basket and got the ball moving in the 2nd unit. I don't think he stuffed the stat sheet last night(I haven't checked) but we needed him for sure once Tony went out.

Defensively: We were pretty good. Didn't force many turnover that I can think of but the rotations and contests were good(Danny and Kawhi especially), sometimes they'll just hit shots(JJ Reddick), but those are the shots you want them to take. We didn't foul much either until hack a jordan. We gave up some lobs, but it's pretty hard to stop a Griffin to Deandre lob tbh. We held their bench in check, no scrubs were going off last night per the usual(Baby Davis, Hedo, Austin Scrub, etc)
'
Not much to say about Pop. He did a decent job with rotations and making timely timeouts to stop any potentials runs by the Clips. Terrible decision to start hacking Jordan while we had the lead, but overall he coached a good game.

DPG21920
04-23-2015, 04:39 PM
Belinelli's actually giving good minutes, so far, surprisingly..I wouldn't mind him on the floor, at all, but only if he's covering Matt Barnes..although Crawford missed a few against him, he really shouldn't be covering him..

He's giving good minutes for Beli. The effort is there, but his 3PT shot has failed him too and he's not a good defender. I don't mind playing Beli when he's this engaged and if his 3 shot falls, even better. But Danny has to play if we have any hope of slowing their offense down a little more.

With Spurs shots not falling (which we assume will change, but you never know), you have to rely on defense. I just don't want to see the TP/Beli combo.

DPG21920
04-23-2015, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the writeup. :tu

I feel the Spurs are still playing at about 60% on defense, some of that is Pop going with some lineup choices that I feel he's making in order to get more offense from the team. Possibly because he feels we simply can't defend this team that well with Tiago being substantially limited. But numbers dictate players like Green score substantially better at home, so hopefully we see a more balanced offense-defense lineups and we can play even better D. Also, let's hope Tiago continues to make progress.

I've no problem in general with the offense. As you mention, we've missed easy baskets, wide open shots, and freebies. That points to the offense generating such looks, which is good. If we can continue to generate that, the shots will eventually fall.

Lastly, I don't think we've seen a "Kawhi" game yet, or a "Manu" game yet, and while it might or to happen in this series, there's better odds of that happening at home.

Agree on this last part. We haven't even come close to seeing a truly mesmorizing game from anyone other than Tim. Kawhi had a very good game, but nothing like the GS game where he just flat out dominated. It would be nice to get Manu/Kawhi/TP/Green having one of those games.

Spurs have been so close to just busting Clippers ass, but all the missed chip shots, FT and 3's have prevented that.

spurraider21
04-23-2015, 04:43 PM

i was in the minority during the game saying similar things. Marco was playing fine (except when he somehow got stuck defending CP3 and was put on skates), but everytime the spurs made a mistake, the comments were all "fuck pop for not playing green" even though the play at the 2 position wasn't really having a negative impact.

of course his turnover at the end was fucking horrible, but luckily blake gave it right back. im fine with marco getting minutes in this series, but green should obviously still get the lions share... that didn't happen in the 4th. then green started OT and hit a 3 on his first offensive possession

DPG21920
04-23-2015, 04:44 PM
Oh ya, obviously more Tiago would be great on both ends. He's such a crafty finisher and passer, that if he's the screener and they try that heavy trap crap, Tiago is so good at setting screens and then making great decisions (that bounce pass to Tim for the slam) that he can really wreck shop (that's assuming he can breath tbh..)

RD2191
04-23-2015, 04:47 PM
Start Mills/cojo and we win comfortably.

Brazil
04-23-2015, 04:58 PM
tony prigioni :lol

so far this serie, solid comparaison tbh

Brazil
04-23-2015, 04:59 PM
We gonna play at home, shooters will show up and we hurt them bad with this OT win. I think game 3 will be the easiest game of the serie for the Spurs imo fwiw

Chinook
04-23-2015, 05:18 PM
Did I miss a bus somewhere? Green was 3/4 from three last night. What more do you want from him? He should have gotten more looks, which would have come with more minutes. The dude led the team in plus-minus in Game Two, and it was pretty obvious why. I'm almost certain that Paul hasn't scored a point with Danny checking him. He may not even have an assist.

Also, Kawhi was on Redick in Game One as well. I think he's doing a great job on JJ outside of a few mistakes, but that wasn't a Game Two adjustment.

Brunodf
04-23-2015, 05:24 PM
Less Diaw/Kawhi on Griffin.

No Tony/Marco Lineups

No Hack-a-Jordan when the Spurs have the momentum...

DPG21920
04-23-2015, 05:28 PM
Did I miss a bus somewhere? Green was 3/4 from three last night. What more do you want from him? He should have gotten more looks, which would have come with more minutes. The dude led the team in plus-minus in Game Two, and it was pretty obvious why. I'm almost certain that Paul hasn't scored a point with Danny checking him. He may not even have an assist.

Also, Kawhi was on Redick in Game One as well. I think he's doing a great job on JJ outside of a few mistakes, but that wasn't a Game Two adjustment.

Danny is 4-11 on 3's through the first two games (with some great looks) and shooting under 30% overall to start the series. Definitely better in GM2 and I am campaigning for more minutes as I said in the OP. Also, I don't think I said that Kawhi on JJ was an adjustment. Said it was interesting because CP has been going off and Pop elected to stay with Kawhi on JJ.

Also, I know CP3 at least hit that big 3 when Danny was guarding him. Great defense, but CP3 hit at least that one.

DMC
04-23-2015, 05:31 PM
Did you record it or do you need a link?
Nah but thanks, I already know the outcome so no need.

SpurSwag
04-23-2015, 05:46 PM
We can sit here and discuss adjustments all we want, but at the end of the day, the biggest thing is Danny and Boris finding their shots in front of the home crowd. If they shoot well and space the floor, it will be really tough for the clippers. They have shot about as well as they are going to from outside, and we're 1-1. I'm pretty ok with that, and I look for better shooting in game 3 to ultimately be the reason we win. We do need to work a little on those pick in rolls involving griffin where he gets the pocket pass, an empty lane in front of him, and a head of steam to throw it down. I don't like how easy the looks he's been getting have been, and I'm not sure anyone but Splitter can really correct that.

Seventyniner
04-23-2015, 05:47 PM

Don't bring up game 2 +/- around these parts: Parker was +7 and Bonner was +8 (the KANG) but neither of them played all that well.

Green was great when he was actually on the floor.

If Pop can get away with a no-PG lineup for 10-15 minutes, Parker's ineffectiveness can be mitigated. I don't quite trust Patty to play 30 good minutes and Joseph is very inconsistent.

Brunodf
04-23-2015, 05:48 PM
We can sit here and discuss adjustments all we want, but at the end of the day, the biggest thing is Danny and Boris finding their shots in front of the home crowd. If they shoot well and space the floor, it will be really tough for the clippers. They have shot about as well as they are going to from outside, and we're 1-1. I'm pretty ok with that, and I look for better shooting in game 3 to ultimately be the reason we win. We do need to work a little on those pick in rolls involving griffin where he gets the pocket pass, an empty lane in front of him, and a head of steam to throw it down. I don't like how easy the looks he's been getting have been, and I'm not sure anyone but Splitter can really correct that.
Agreed, BG only scored 2 buckets against Splitter...If Diaw isnt playing well, Pop should play Splitter as much as possible...

Also would be good if Splitter could score some easy baskets next game...

Lerojo
04-23-2015, 05:51 PM
At home we will beast. I'm not worried about the next 2 games at all.

3-1 series here we come.

SpurSwag
04-23-2015, 05:51 PM
Agreed, BG only scored 2 buckets against Splitter...If Diaw isnt playing well, Pop should play Splitter as much as possible...

Also would be good if Splitter could score some easy baskets next game...

I feel like the injury is more concerning than they're letting on, I'm personally going to expect the worst with him and assume he can only give about 10-15 minute nights throughout the playoffs, and a below his peak level of Splitter at that. It's really unfortunate because him and tim as the front line is incredibly tough for Blake.

Chinook
04-23-2015, 06:10 PM
Danny is 4-11 on 3's through the first two games (with some great looks) and shooting under 30% overall to start the series.

Yeah, but he was 1-7 in Game One. For all we know, he's already out of his slump. He DOESN'T have to shoot better in Game Three than he did last night. If he shoots 75 percent from three for the rest of the series, no one would think he was still slumping.

Horse
04-23-2015, 06:16 PM
Missed a ton of open looks and easy layups that should be better at home. Game 3 I think is gonna be the Spurs blowout win of the series.

DPG21920
04-23-2015, 06:17 PM
Yeah, but he was 1-7 in Game One. For all we know, he's already out of his slump. He DOESN'T have to shoot better in Game Three than he did last night. If he shoots 75 percent from three for the rest of the series, no one would think he was still slumping.

Oh ya - I would agree with that. As I said, I obviously said Danny was my number one adjustment as far as playing him more.

tp2021
04-23-2015, 06:39 PM
Maybe some downscreens for Kawhi at the elbows? He needs some of those FT-area jumpers like that Grizzlies game when he scored 15 in a row. Get him some looks in his sweet spots without having to post him up. Then if his man overplays it, he can go backdoor for a dunk/layup.

Chinook
04-23-2015, 06:51 PM
They should post Jordan more. DeAndre had one great block, but other wise, he's pretty much negated if he has to defend a guy who's throwing his body into him.

TD 21
04-23-2015, 07:03 PM
Rotation/match-up wise . . .

If he's going to stick to a three big rotation, then he needs to be judicious finding Duncan and Diaw enough rest. The second one of Griffin or Jordan is off the floor, Diaw needs to come out, even though it's during a period he normally wouldn't. That has to be a one of Duncan or Splitter next to either Bonner (or small ball, if Turkoglu makes a cameo at the four again) stretch.

Unless he catches fire in his initial stint, Belinelli needs to only play spot minutes and should only defend Barnes or Rivers (though that puts him on the ball more). Having him on Redick is insane. He's too slow to stay with him through screens and not long enough to bother him with a late contest.

Every precious second Leonard has Redick/Crawford defending him, the offense needs to be ran through him in the post. Inexplicably, they isolated a gassed Duncan at the elbow against Jordan in overtime (on the possession Jordan blocked him) and let them off the hook for having Crawford on Leonard.

If Parker plays, give him the first 5-6 minutes and if it's clear he doesn't have it again, pull the plug. If he miraculously does have it, ride him the entire 1st, because once he stiffens up, it's unlikely he'll be able to get going again.

DarrinS
04-23-2015, 07:10 PM
I have a feeling Verde is going to go off in game 3.

Leetonidas
04-23-2015, 07:31 PM
Green will hit 3 three pointers in the first quarter tomorrow.

Book it

Old School 44
04-23-2015, 07:37 PM
Only resort to hack-a-jordan if someone on the clips offense is going off or we are way behind. If you know you are going to hack jordan for an extended stretch, bring in Ayres or Baynes or Bonner in to take the fouls. I know that means losing something on offense, but I'd hate to lose Duncan or Kawhi's defensive agression at the end of the close game because they're worried about fouling out, especially with a notorious foul hunters like CP3 and JCrawford.

pgardn
04-23-2015, 07:45 PM
Nah but thanks, I already know the outcome so no need.

No man, you gotta watch this game.
It was really bizarre.

And we really need people to watch this to determine the efficacy of the hacking strategy.
Just for this, watch it.

OP

Thanks for the effort on the write up.

pgardn
04-23-2015, 07:49 PM

Oh I got a more. I need Danny, after he is run off the 3 point line and dared to drive, to Fckn go straight at Jordan and run him the fck over. I will take the TO. This wimpy floater wishful crap is over.

mercos
04-23-2015, 08:01 PM
Would love to see Danny Green checking Chris Paul more often. CP3 just doesn't look comfortable when Green is on him. He is very quick to give the ball up. I thought the Spurs were about to run away with the game early in the third when they got up by 10, but Pop pulled Danny and the Clippers were back in it moments later. This is the most pivotal match up of the series.

Mugen
04-23-2015, 08:32 PM
Good to see DPG here to talk basketball tbh.

z0sa
04-23-2015, 08:38 PM
Don't suck.

pgardn
04-23-2015, 09:01 PM
Would love to see Danny Green checking Chris Paul more often. CP3 just doesn't look comfortable when Green is on him. He is very quick to give the ball up. I thought the Spurs were about to run away with the game early in the third when they got up by 10, but Pop pulled Danny and the Clippers were back in it moments later. This is the most pivotal match up of the series.

Yep.

Good catch.

ElNono
04-23-2015, 09:13 PM
I think Pop is easing Danny on CP3 in doses, tbh... I noticed he hasn't put Danny on him when the game starts, and CP3 is fresh. Once Paul is worn out a bit, that's when Pop goes with Danny.

It makes sense up to a point too, you don't want CP3 to play a lot against the same guy and "figure" him out, or give a lot of material to Doc to review and counter, at least this early in the series.

phxspurfan
04-23-2015, 09:57 PM
Spurs gonna pop the top in game 3, book it

Slippy
04-24-2015, 02:18 AM
If Tony's playing the same , pull him quicker and give Patty more quarterback duties. That play with 50secs left in OT in which Patty called it was a thing of beauty. just shows how much he's improved in reading defences and decision making . He directed KY one way, directed Boris the other way out to the 3 point line, then passed to Boris who had easier angle to KY for the easy lay-in. His teammates were impressed too hi-fiving him just as much as KY.

Fireball
04-24-2015, 02:36 AM
I think the hacking will not happen as much at home because it will kill the crowd and playing with the flow of the game is much better for the home team.

Agree about playing Danny Green more ... the threes will fall better at home I guess...

downunder
04-24-2015, 02:59 AM
I am a Mills fan but Spurs should not start with Mills. Mills surprised Pop and Clippers so much so they left him alone. Now Clippers know they cannot leave him and will press him in defence. But if he comes in later he will be fresh and his defenders will be tired. The problem with Spurs is not offense but defence; they are slow to react and block off driving lanes and we dont want Duncan facing a rampaging Clipper forcing the foul. And it seems an afterthought that Spurs block out after Clippers shoot and they concede the defensive rebound. Hacking is a disgrace and not a class act and offends gentlemen like Duncan. I suspect that Duncan is reluctant to do it. Spurs should not resort to those tactics; it clearly handicaps team spirit and sends the message rthat we are not confident, necessary for shooters etc

pookenstein
04-24-2015, 03:06 AM
I think the hacking will not happen as much at home because it will kill the crowd and playing with the flow of the game is much better for the home team.

Not sure about the bolded part. I think it will do the opposite as soon as DJ goes to that line for the first time. And if he starts bricking his FT's it will fire the crowd up even more.

BillMc
04-24-2015, 03:09 AM
Green will hit 3 three pointers in the first quarter tomorrow.

Book it

Yep. He's gonna get hot at home.

100%duncan
04-24-2015, 03:16 AM
Just hope the Spurs come out swinging and bury these scrubs early. Last nights game was too much.

Fireball
04-24-2015, 04:46 AM
Not sure about the bolded part. I think it will do the opposite as soon as DJ goes to that line for the first time. And if he starts bricking his FT's it will fire the crowd up even more.

Ok, that might be the case... but the crowd goes into a frenzy when the Spurs go into scoring runs hitting transition threes etc. ... that simply does not happen when you hack Jordan

pookenstein
04-24-2015, 05:02 AM
OK. I'll offer you this: FT1 --> miss, crowd goes crazy. FT2 --> miss, contestet rebound with one of our guys tapping it to a streaking Patty or Green who hit the transition 3 and the crowd goes bonkers.

Am I reasonable or what???

MateoNeygro
04-24-2015, 07:15 AM
Not really an adjustment, but TD, Boris and Tiago need to limit Deandre's defensive prowees by straight up attacking him. Jordan is a monster when you allow him to room around and play help defense..

They did that in game 2 and hopefully they continue on.

Well said. I think that was perfectly said.

Raven
04-24-2015, 07:16 AM
#dontplaybeli

MateoNeygro
04-24-2015, 09:44 AM
Make shots. Not an adjustment but they played good enough ball to win easily in game 2 if they just make their wide open shots, layups and free throws. If Beli and Green can get hot from 3, their stupid fucking trapping and running all around is going to end up burning them badly.

MateoNeygro
04-24-2015, 09:45 AM
And dare Griffin to take jump shots, pack the paint when he has the ball up top. When he gets a head of steam going to the hoop it's generally his little baby hook (money), a poster dunk, or an and 1. Make him take jumpers.

itzsoweezee
04-24-2015, 12:54 PM
And dare Griffin to take jump shots, pack the paint when he has the ball up top. When he gets a head of steam going to the hoop it's generally his little baby hook (money), a poster dunk, or an and 1. Make him take jumpers.

Absolutely

therealtruth
04-24-2015, 08:35 PM
We're the better defensive team. We've got to use that as an advantage instead of trying to outscore them.