PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Dion Waiters..

Malik Hairston
04-23-2015, 04:10 PM
Has played 3 seasons in the NBA, and all 3 of those seasons resulted in his coach getting fired:lol..

Mel_13
04-23-2015, 04:16 PM
And OKC gave up a first round pick to get him.

Malik Hairston
04-23-2015, 04:20 PM
I don't even understand his "potential" label, either..his ceiling is limited, I don't see it..

DPG21920
04-23-2015, 04:46 PM
And OKC gave up a first round pick to get him.

We just don't understand the genius. Going from Harden as your 6th man to Kevin Martin to Jeremy Lamb to Dion Waiters. I feel like it should accompany one of those de-evolution pictures.

DPG21920
04-23-2015, 04:47 PM
I don't even understand his "potential" label, either..his ceiling is limited, I don't see it..

Bruh, he had that good quarter once.

Mel_13
04-23-2015, 04:48 PM
We just don't understand the genius. Going from Harden as your 6th man to Kevin Martin to Jeremy Lamb to Dion Waiters. I feel like it should accompany one of those de-evolution pictures.

:lol

So many Presti apologists among the Spurs fan here.

Malik Hairston
04-23-2015, 04:50 PM
Presti seems like a smart man, tbh, but I think he's an example of somebody that outsmarts himself and over-analyzes, rather than keeping it simple when the answers seem obvious..

ElNono
04-23-2015, 04:52 PM
Presti seems like a smart man, tbh, but I think he's an example of somebody that outsmarts himself and over-analyzes, rather than keeping it simple when the answers seem obvious..

Also, not to make excuses for him, but the owner doesn't seem like a guy willing to part with the extra $5m-$10m (IIRC) it took to retain Harden...

Mel_13
04-23-2015, 04:58 PM
Presti is smart. Some of the moves he made in those first two years, when he had zero incentive or pressure to win, were just great. He turned 8M dollars of cap space into three first round picks. That was good stuff, but he kept Brooks way too long, traded Harden a year too soon (if you believe he was ordered to trade him by ownership), and the Kanter and Waiters trades were just terrible. I can't wait to see the reaction when he resigns Kanter to a larger deal than the Perkins contract he just unloaded.

Mel_13
04-23-2015, 05:00 PM
Also, not to make excuses for him, but the owner doesn't seem like a guy willing to part with the extra $5m-$10m (IIRC) it took to retain Harden...

It was 6M over the course of a 4 year contract.

spurraider21
04-23-2015, 05:06 PM
didnt have to. they just prioritized the spearchucker over him. also gave porkins that 5/40 deal which hamstrung them

ElNono
04-23-2015, 05:39 PM
It was 6M over the course of a 4 year contract.

retarded

BG_Spurs_Fan
04-24-2015, 06:29 AM
I can't wait to see the reaction when he resigns Kanter to a larger deal than the Perkins contract he just unloaded.

Can they afford to re-sign him at all? They have 13 players under guaranteed contracts for next season at over $78 mil.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
04-24-2015, 08:36 AM
Presti is smart. Some of the moves he made in those first two years, when he had zero incentive or pressure to win, were just great. He turned 8M dollars of cap space into three first round picks. That was good stuff, but he kept Brooks way too long, traded Harden a year too soon (if you believe he was ordered to trade him by ownership), and the Kanter and Waiters trades were just terrible. I can't wait to see the reaction when he resigns Kanter to a larger deal than the Perkins contract he just unloaded.

I think the Kanter actually helped them. With KD back, Kanter will get a lot of easy baskets under the rim. The guy is only 22 and that is around the age that a post player starts to reach his potential as a man's body isn't fully developed until he is 23, and it take a man to play the post in the NBA.

I think Presti was just limited. The biggest mistake was the owners not amnestying Perkins and resigning Harden. They could have waited a year and let Perkins go for only 18 mil. Getting a player like Harden for 15mil a year seems like a steal at this point and 18 mil would have been totally worth it.

Presti, imo, doesn't call the shots on the Coach, the owners do. Unfortunately, after Presti built a great team, it seems the Owners started butting their noses in management decision and Presti just became a yes man for a few years.

But Waiters is just not an intelligent player. He's gifted athletically but he is not intelligent. He is not even close to being intelligent as Westbrooks and that is pretty bad. That is why I always emphasize I am glad the Spurs get intelligent players over just low iq monkeyballers. They should have just their 1st round pick.

JoeTait75
04-24-2015, 02:18 PM
Waiters has the ability to be an Isaiah Thomas-type spark off the bench if he gets his mind right. Problem is he thinks he's a lot better than he actually is. If he ever humbles himself he can be a very effective player in this league in that 6th-man role.

JMarkJohns
04-24-2015, 02:31 PM
Presti is like a white Isiah Thomas. If he's drafting for you, expect good things. If he's doing anything else, expect it to end badly. Outside of swindling Sarver for two 1sts at the height of Sarver's "don't want 'em, don't need 'em" attitude on 1sts and old players (Kurt Thomas), I'm not sure he's been on top of any of his trades. Kanter maybe, but that depends on what it takes to keep him. He drafts well, identifies elite talent (Westbrook and Harden were both considered iffy picks, minor reaches) and finds good talent later in draft (Ibaka, Jackson).

But his trades and signings have fucked over that team. The Green for Perkins deal killed them. Keeping Perkins cost them Harden. Trading Harden for scraps. Trading Jackson for pennies on the dollar. Trading a 1st for Waiters.

He lacked foresight to see modern trend of mobile centers, basically relegating Perkins to overpaid, under-statted muscle. He lacked vision to prepare for the known CAP issue of four MAX type players. He seems to be reactionary.

He's great at what he's good at, and poor at everything else.