PDA

View Full Version : Do Spurs Win Game 3 in Blowout Fashion?

Stabula
04-24-2015, 01:00 AM
That surely seems to be what the momentum from Game 2 says especially since they're heading back to SA where the Spurs have been dominant all year. A lot of Spurs fans seem to think Game 3 will be a huge blowout win, but I'm not so sure. The Spurs just squeaked by in an ultra-competitive OT game in Game 2 carried on the back of 39 year old Tim Duncan. Duncan isn't going for more than 14 points in Game 3 IMO and someone else is going to have to carry the load the rest of the way. Kawhi? Mills? Manu? I don't know but the Spurs don't have as many options as they have in the past with Splitter and Parker hobbled. What do you think, do the Spurs blow them out in Game 3?

Splits
04-24-2015, 01:03 AM
We're due for one of those fluke games where everything is falling, we win all the 50/50 balls, we don't get out rebounded, Parker doesn't play like a tard, LDN can't miss, Kawhi is Kawhi, and Manu actually makes 50% of his shots.

Spurs win 112-88.

SpurPadre
04-24-2015, 01:09 AM
Of course, we all hope so but both teams will have tired legs. To win, we need to come out firing early and making shots at a high percentage with Kawhi leading the way on 50/50 balls. I fear they will have a major advantage on the glass so we need to shoot at or above 50% to give us our best shot. I expect an ugly game that could be close for most of the way until we pull away midway in the fourth.

SanAntonioSpurs23
04-24-2015, 01:10 AM
Guarnteed Chris Paul lights up DP:loly

Stabula
04-24-2015, 01:24 AM
I'm expecting a big game from Manu in either Game 3 or 4, he's due one of his vintage performances and the Spurs sorely need his penetration. The only other Spur that can penetrate and get into the paint is Tony and...well...we all know how that goes.

marinoman
04-24-2015, 01:30 AM
Let us pray, God give us this, the way I see it you owe me one
YOU KNEW I WANTED A BOY

Uriel
04-24-2015, 01:32 AM
Yes. Our shooters have shown signs of finally regaining their stroke, and they tend to play much better at home.

Malik Hairston
04-24-2015, 01:34 AM
Clippers were favored by 1 in game 1 and 2 in game 2..

Spurs are currently favored by 4.5 and will probably close at 5 or 5.5..Vegas seems to have more confidence in the Spurs winning convincingly than they did for the Clippers..

Obstructed_View
04-24-2015, 01:48 AM
The bench is pretty likely to play better at home, and the Clippers still don't have a bench and are coming off an overtime game. Sure seems like it's the Spurs' game to lose.

Stabula
04-24-2015, 02:09 AM
^ True the Clippers bench is almost non-existent and it's the biggest advantage the Spurs have in this series. The point differential between the two teams benches has been monstrously lopsided.

DJR210
04-24-2015, 02:31 AM
Kawhi is due for one of his "Next coming of LBJ" offensive games, let's hope it's tomorrow night

Malik Hairston
04-24-2015, 02:49 AM
As usual and as we have come to expect the past few years, if Green's shot is on, Spurs will destroy the opposition:lol..

aal04
04-24-2015, 02:51 AM
I tihnk a big win pretty much loads the gun and points it at the clippers head.

z0sa
04-24-2015, 02:55 AM
Most directly speaking, Danny Green is the key. If he is knocking down his open treys, I expect a double digit win.

Nathan89
04-24-2015, 02:56 AM
If Patty gets early minutes he will boost the confidence of all of our shooters tbh.

Stabula
04-24-2015, 02:58 AM
It's bizarre to me how essential Danny Green's game is to the Spurs success. Hope we get him back next year.

downunder
04-24-2015, 03:03 AM
Clippers were unlucky to lose. The idea of a Spurs blowout is an example of hope ignoring the odds. Parker has been a fundamental key to Spur's success and Spurs may need to go without him Defence is everything.

downunder
04-24-2015, 03:08 AM
I would also hope Baynes is deployed in the paint on defence even if he is dunked on. He fills a lane and hopeefully those defending in front of him are more aggressive in defence. The dunks are good for crowds but take energy from the scorer and are only worth 2 points. A counter with a 3 is strategically much more effective.

Stabula
04-24-2015, 03:14 AM
Here's hoping that Game 2 victory and the idea of being at home won't lull the Spurs into a false sense of security and complacency.

BillMc
04-24-2015, 03:23 AM
I'm expecting big nights from Green and Patty.:flag:

Horry Hipcheck
04-24-2015, 03:31 AM
I'm expecting a big game from Manu in either Game 3 or 4, he's due one of his vintage performances

Mister Game 5.

Yuixafun
04-24-2015, 03:45 AM
The Spurs might relax being home, and get blitzed by a Clippers team playing their guts out.

Fuck putting in Baynes imo, the Clippers spirit will soar if they see him.

The moment Matt Barnes outmanned him in that out of bounds tussle, the fear factor disappeared.

They didn't respect the Spurs the rest of that game 1.

Patty is primed to go supernova but the defense might start to key in on him.

Funnily enough maybe Cojos early season forays into the paint while Parker was ailing is something to look for.

Can't let Chris Paul into a rhythm, or he might summon a game for his gramps...

Mal
04-24-2015, 04:03 AM
Early 4th quater blowout would be the best option. Clipper would throw everything from their starters trying to win the game and this would impact whole series. Also Pop should use more CoJo to simply harass CP3 all the time.

Stabula
04-24-2015, 04:08 AM
I agree some CoJo might be useful this coming game. Take away some of Tony's minutes if he's playing poorly and put CoJo on Paul to stagnate the Clippers offense as much as possible. A steady dose of CoJo, Green, and Leonard on Paul will keep him unable to figure out his man and will hurt their offense.

SnakeBoy
04-24-2015, 04:28 AM
After struggling on the road, Danny always lights it up when he gets back home. Also the Clips seemed to have that "not again" look after choking away their opportunity to take a commanding lead. A blowout won't surprise me at all.

Lerojo
04-24-2015, 04:41 AM
If Spurs take sensible shots, and land them it will be an easy win.

100%duncan
04-24-2015, 04:41 AM
This is Danny's game.

Horry Hipcheck
04-24-2015, 04:48 AM
They seem due for it. But the Clippers are no pushover.

Fireball
04-24-2015, 05:49 AM
They seem due for it. But the Clippers are no pushover. Absolutely agree ... the threes might fall but if not I expect another close one.

CGD
04-24-2015, 06:21 AM
I think it'll be tighter than we like for most of it, but then the Spurs get some separation in the fourth. Just enough to be on guard for game 4.

Jordan is going to have a chip in his shoulder losing to dpoy to KL.

EVAY
04-24-2015, 06:44 AM
I think the Clippers will all come in with a chip on their shoulders, precisely because they believe that they let the last game slip away. I think they are going to come out very aggressively and very physical and a lot will depend on how the game is called. If their aggressiveness leads to fouling, and if the fouls are called, I think they will lose their focus and have trouble playing without fouling. That is the best scenario for a big point spread differential in our favor.

Otherwise, they are going to try to 'bring it' early and often and let the world know that this year, they are not going to squander their chance to advance. Remember how focused the Spurs were last year? I think that is the Clippers now.

We can beat them for sure, but I think this game is going to be a whole lot tougher than folks here are anticipating.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
04-24-2015, 06:49 AM
I'm expecting a big game from Manu in either Game 3 or 4, he's due one of his vintage performances and the Spurs sorely need his penetration. The only other Spur that can penetrate and get into the paint is Tony and...well...we all know how that goes.

Manu and Green always play better at Home for the most part. I don't see the Spurs missing 8 layups in the last quarter of the game like they did Wednesday. Spurs need to come like mad men and squash any confidence that the Clips have left.

dg7md
04-24-2015, 07:20 AM
I don't think any game in this series will be a "blowout" in our favor.

Budkin
04-24-2015, 07:46 AM
Green plays huge at home and is due a big game. Spurs win big tonight.

MVPCues
04-24-2015, 08:01 AM
I think the Clippers will all come in with a chip on their shoulders, precisely because they believe that they let the last game slip away. I think they are going to come out very aggressively and very physical and a lot will depend on how the game is called. If their aggressiveness leads to fouling, and if the fouls are called, I think they will lose their focus and have trouble playing without fouling. That is the best scenario for a big point spread differential in our favor.

Otherwise, they are going to try to 'bring it' early and often and let the world know that this year, they are not going to squander their chance to advance. Remember how focused the Spurs were last year? I think that is the Clippers now.

We can beat them for sure, but I think this game is going to be a whole lot tougher than folks here are anticipating.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

urunobili
04-24-2015, 08:26 AM
Jinx threads again?

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
04-24-2015, 08:41 AM
I think the Clippers will all come in with a chip on their shoulders, precisely because they believe that they let the last game slip away.

I think this is what will happen. Spurs just need to match their intensity and slam the door in their face. I don't think it will be a blowout from start to finish. But if the Spurs match, I see this gaming slipping away from the Clips in the 4th and Spurs winning by 10 or 12 points.

Clippers will be done if the Spurs can take care of business tonight. Kill their spirit and go back to LA up 3-1.

Russo21
04-24-2015, 09:08 AM
Here's to hoping we win in 5 and the Mavs put up a fight against the Rockets and take them to 6 or 7 so Tiago, Tony and the boys get some rest and recuperation time. Will be shit if we go to 6 or 7 and Houston sweep their way to the second round. Huuge game 3 coming up.

Gametight
04-24-2015, 09:21 AM
Best case scenario is Clips come in with a chip on there shoulder and give it everything they got but proceed to get blown out. They leave the game hopeless and defeated realizing they don't stand a chance against the defending champs. Realistically though I don't think LA will have as many mental lapses as last game and will be focused on stealing one on the road since they felt they should have won the last one. I expect a close game but if we are hitting are shots we stand a good chance to win and could possibly blow them out. This Spurs team can put up some big numbers in a short amount of time so who knows what will happen.

32fastest
04-24-2015, 09:23 AM
YOU KNEW I WANTED A BOY

Lmao

Horse
04-24-2015, 12:47 PM
If we hit just the layups and free throws game 2 would've been a blowout in their place.

ThaBigFundamental21
04-24-2015, 12:51 PM

I actually agree. Manu is showing signs of a big game imo. He is penetrating, he looks confident, more importantly he looks healthy, the shots just aren't falling. I get the feeling they are about to.

ThaBigFundamental21
04-24-2015, 12:55 PM
If we hit just the layups and free throws game 2 would've been a blowout in their place.
True. But instead we were very very fortunate to win. Blake Griffin coughed the ball up otherwise we may have been down 2-0 right now. I expect the Clippers to come out swinging tonight. I don't expect to see the Spurs blowing them out.

GrandeDavid
04-24-2015, 01:28 PM
Yes, an easy win tonight.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-24-2015, 04:21 PM
If our shooters ever get hot this thing will be over quick.

Agloco
04-24-2015, 04:44 PM
If Mills and Green are on its going to be a blowout. Otherwise it's a close game.

Floyd Pacquiao
04-24-2015, 05:02 PM
In my experience as a spurs fan it's always the unexpected that happens. So who knows...

K...
04-24-2015, 05:08 PM
It's possible we will see a big lead and a close game. It's called choking. It could happen.especially if we get winded.

Of course the clippers will probably mess up badly again somehow. I'm eager to see.

look_at_g_shred
04-24-2015, 05:37 PM
If Mills and Green are on its going to be a blowout. Otherwise it's a close game.

Horse
04-24-2015, 06:04 PM
This just seems like the game it will happen. Close call so maybe they learn their lesson at home and clips starters played a ton of minutes. And the biggest part our bench and Danny will play alot better at home.

tmtcsc
04-24-2015, 06:07 PM
YOU KNEW I WANTED A BOY

:lmao

EVAY
04-24-2015, 06:16 PM
YOU KNEW I WANTED A BOY

:lol Well, FYI, I asked God why She did that and She said she thought it was time you learned to value baby women.:lol j/k, j/k

Gametight
04-24-2015, 10:57 PM
Best case scenario is Clips come in with a chip on there shoulder and give it everything they got but proceed to get blown out. They leave the game hopeless and defeated realizing they don't stand a chance against the defending champs.

Crookshanks
04-24-2015, 11:24 PM
Guarnteed Chris Paul lights up DP:loly

Guaranteed, huh? Boy did you get that one wrong! The big crybaby had almost as many turnovers as points tonight.

LoneStarState'sPride
04-24-2015, 11:25 PM
The answer was yes, apparently.

Stabula
04-25-2015, 03:08 AM
Well it happened. If you answered YES to the thread's ultimate question you were correct.

TampaDude
04-25-2015, 06:34 AM
Uh, yeah...a blowout win is definitely possible... :lol

EVAY
04-25-2015, 07:50 AM
Man I was shocked at how poorly LA started this game. From the very beginning, where I expected LA to come out with piss-and-vinegar after Game 2, it was the Spurs who came out strong and physical and quick, and pretty much never let up.

I was totally wrong in my prediction and was THRILLED watching the game develop the opposite of what I expected to happen. I just kept laughing watching the game. It was so much fun.

Doc Rivers had an explanation for what happened to the Clippers in his post game interview. He said that he had seen this happen to his team 3 or 4 times during the season, when they had started missing shots and then their defense stopped. I thought that was a fascinating explanation. He was basically saying the opposite of what the Spurs preach all the time: that defense gets your offense going. Rivers was saying that the offense, for his team, gets its defense going.

Remarkable - but total fun for Spurs fans to watch!

ElNono
04-25-2015, 11:13 AM
OP's selfie:

http://chexydecimal.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/ALexander_The_Greatmagician.jpg

Stabula
04-25-2015, 11:42 AM
OP's selfie:

http://chexydecimal.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/ALexander_The_Greatmagician.jpg

:lol

Obstructed_View
04-25-2015, 12:27 PM
Doc Rivers had an explanation for what happened to the Clippers in his post game interview. He said that he had seen this happen to his team 3 or 4 times during the season, when they had started missing shots and then their defense stopped. I thought that was a fascinating explanation. He was basically saying the opposite of what the Spurs preach all the time: that defense gets your offense going. Rivers was saying that the offense, for his team, gets its defense going.

I also think he was wrong. The Clippers didn't play defense worth a shit almost from the opening tip. Jordan got that nice block on Parker and Splitter picked up the rebound and flicked it to Danny for the first points of the game, and that was kind of it for them. The Spurs had a number of WIDE open shots that they just missed, otherwise they'd have been up 30 in the first half.

I don't know if the Clippers had decided to focus more on Kawhi -- a massive fail -- or if they just didn't have it. It's hard to give the Spurs too much credit when the opponent just rolls over like that. Probably can expect a big emotional start for the Clips on Sunday to try to salvage their season.

Cry Havoc
04-25-2015, 12:38 PM
I also think he was wrong. The Clippers didn't play defense worth a shit almost from the opening tip. Jordan got that nice block on Parker and Splitter picked up the rebound and flicked it to Danny for the first points of the game, and that was kind of it for them. The Spurs had a number of WIDE open shots that they just missed, otherwise they'd have been up 30 in the first half.

I don't know if the Clippers had decided to focus more on Kawhi -- a massive fail -- or if they just didn't have it. It's hard to give the Spurs too much credit when the opponent just rolls over like that. Probably can expect a big emotional start for the Clips on Sunday to try to salvage their season.

It blows my mind. The Clippers in LA were constantly in our faces, making hard rotations to close out on shooters, and generally just being pests.

Then we go to San Antonio and the Clippers look like it's a regular season game. They're lazy on rotations, don't help each other, and generally matchup 1 on 1 with Kawhi after seeing the double really limit him in Game 1.

Do teams really need home court to play hard on defense? It's baffling. They played like they don't even care about leaving our shooters wide open. The first quarter was like playing against an Eastern Conference team.

Obstructed_View
04-25-2015, 02:08 PM
It blows my mind. The Clippers in LA were constantly in our faces, making hard rotations to close out on shooters, and generally just being pests.

Then we go to San Antonio and the Clippers look like it's a regular season game. They're lazy on rotations, don't help each other, and generally matchup 1 on 1 with Kawhi after seeing the double really limit him in Game 1.

Do teams really need home court to play hard on defense? It's baffling. They played like they don't even care about leaving our shooters wide open. The first quarter was like playing against an Eastern Conference team.

It was like a team that quit. I certainly don't expect to see that again from them.

Cry Havoc
04-25-2015, 04:00 PM
It was like a team that quit. I certainly don't expect to see that again from them.

Yeah, but in the first quarter? It was bizarre.

dabom
04-25-2015, 04:04 PM
Did you see blake? Looked like a fucking dead person before the game even tipped off. They were fucking tired.

spurs10
04-25-2015, 04:22 PM
Did you see blake? Looked like a fucking dead person before the game even tipped off. They were fucking tired. Hope some Spurs fans throw a big party at their hotel tonight and crank up the music!

dabom
04-25-2015, 04:24 PM
Mariachi outside their hotel. :lol

dabom
04-25-2015, 04:25 PM
I think I heard people were making lots of noise during last years finals trying to keep the heat awake.

Obstructed_View
04-25-2015, 05:06 PM

Who'd have thought 2015 Tim Duncan would have more energy than all of those guys after an overtime game? Not me.

DPG21920
04-25-2015, 05:19 PM

I don't think they quit. I think it was probably a legit adjustment not to have them so aggresively trapping. I know dummies like Billups and Barkley didn't see it, but the Spurs created a ton of great looks even with that trapping. Doc probably realized that and thought: "well, if we are using a ton of energy and they are still getting good looks, switch to a less energetic scheme".

It's just that it made it even easier. Spurs are just beasts at getting good looks and Clips were probably tired from playing so hard on defense.

Stabula
04-25-2015, 05:29 PM
Clippers just looked both tired and defeated from the opening tip, I think that OT loss at home really got to their heads. They still doubled Kawhi but the Spurs were smart enough to keep him on the perimeter instead of the low block and Kawhi would just dribble out of it and make a play. Spurs had their number all night and Griffin especially looked like a corpse from playing such heavy minutes due to no bench.

littlecoyotecoin
04-25-2015, 05:31 PM
:lol Well, FYI, I asked God why She did that and She said she thought it was time you learned to value baby women.:lol j/k, j/k

J/k? Behing every joke is a little truth. If just about all men had their way, there'd be nothing but men, and all their sons would be out gayin' it up with each other out of lack of options. And ST posters would all be callin' each other gay for legit. Almost makes me wish it on the misogynists, Evay!

EVAY
04-25-2015, 05:36 PM
I don't think they quit. I think it was probably a legit adjustment not to have them so aggresively trapping. I know dummies like Billups and Barkley didn't see it, but the Spurs created a ton of great looks even with that trapping. Doc probably realized that and thought: "well, if we are using a ton of energy and they are still getting good looks, switch to a less energetic scheme".

It's just that it made it even easier. Spurs are just beasts at getting good looks and Clips were probably tired from playing so hard on defense.

If it was a legit adjustment not to have them so aggressively trapping, I would guess it was because they were so gassed at the end of the second game, probably as a result of having spent so much energy on defense and playing so many minutes. The Clips lost the second game in the last few minutes because they were manifestly out of gas and unable to focus as they had earlier in the game. Clearly their lack of bench contributed to that, but I was still surprised that they were so slow out of the gate.

Folks complain sometimes about the extent to which Pop sits players, but it sure looks like it is a pretty smart strategy for the long haul. Tim played so many minutes in game 2, some as much as some of the Clippers, and he was quieter in Game 3 than he had been, but we had lots of other players who stepped up because they could. The Clips had no one to go to who had much energy.

Still, wouldn't you expect that they will try that ferocious trapping in game 4 to avoid going down 3-1? If so, and if they are still tired, they aren't going to be able to trap without fouling. Then the question will become whether or not the fouls get called.

littlecoyotecoin
04-25-2015, 05:45 PM
Clippers just looked both tired and defeated from the opening tip, I think that OT loss at home really got to their heads. They still doubled Kawhi but the Spurs were smart enough to keep him on the perimeter instead of the low block and Kawhi would just dribble out of it and make a play. Spurs had their number all night and Griffin especially looked like a corpse from playing such heavy minutes due to no bench.

They did look a little tired/defeated early on. I think they knew better than what the media spun it. It was spun as though they let one get away, but the reality was The Spurs were in control of that game for the vast majority of it, including crunch time. Only by a great effort, a little bad luck on The Spurs behalf, an offensive drought and some bad decisions at the right moments by The Spurs, and a flop/questionable foul by Patty do the Clips even have a chance in that game. They thoroughly out-played in overtime, but they had been marginally outplayed for 20/24 minutes of the entire second half, it seems.

Deep down, they had to know they were lucky to even get a CHANCE to dodge that game two bullet, and they still got shot. They know that The Spurs were in control that game, and can be in control the next time they're in LA, too. And that was with The Spurs playing pretty mediocre.

To me the seeds of game three were planted early in game two, not late. They had to get the feeling that we might just be a little better than them.

littlecoyotecoin
04-25-2015, 05:53 PM

Agreed. I thought the game was going to get out of hand a lot faster than it did, as our shooters were standing behind the arc with no one within shouting distance of them. It was pretty ridiculous some of the looks we were getting. I think it was 8 points going into the half and the Clippers announcers were saying that "as bad as they were playing they were still in it only down single digits" but that score betrayed what was going on defensively, for sure, and if things kept going like that it would be difficult for us not to blow it wide open...just came a little later...