PDA

View Full Version : Blazers: Players concerned about Aldridge ...

ambchang
04-24-2015, 06:29 AM
... leaving for the Spurs this summer.

http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/749240

Question is if the Spurs want him?

Koolaid_Man
04-24-2015, 06:36 AM
He'd be a gotdam fool and certified loser to want to live in a place like SA.....LA is his best bet....or stay put....

hyhy
04-24-2015, 06:37 AM
If he comes here he gotta change his attitude. Being a big in Spurs system requires him to screen multiple times in one possession and to run alot. I watched him in these past 2 games, when he doesnt have the ball, he is damn lazy, and even puts his arms at his waist and just ball watch. Maybe its lack of motivation..

Raven
04-24-2015, 06:39 AM
he'd be perfect.

Koolaid_Man
04-24-2015, 06:44 AM
If he comes here he gotta change his attitude. Being a big in Spurs system requires him to screen multiple times in one possession and to run alot. I watched him in these past 2 games, when he doesnt have the ball, he is damn lazy, and even puts his arms at his waist and just ball watch. Maybe its lack of motivation..

He'd be a disaster but thats besides the point..how you gonna pay him...the days of the Spurs straight fucking over players and mind manipulation bullshit is ova...they are gonna finally have to start paying players and stop trying to be the NBAs welfare team....

Raven
04-24-2015, 06:51 AM
He'd be a disaster but thats besides the point..how you gonna pay him...the days of the Spurs straight fucking over players and mind manipulation bullshit is ova...they are gonna finally have to start paying players and stop trying to be the NBAs welfare team....

don't see the problem.

Killakobe81
04-24-2015, 08:02 AM
Mehh ... Spurs getting false hopes...per par.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
04-24-2015, 08:07 AM
He'd be a gotdam fool and certified loser to want to live in a place like SA.....LA is his best bet....or stay put....

Why would he live in SA. His family lives in Dallas. Its only a 1 hour flight to SA to Dallas and that is including boarding and getting off the plane. Actual flight is less that 45 minutes.

Spurs are willing to pay him which is why they waited on re-signing Kawhi. I think the Spurs will still try to sign even if Duncan doesn't retire. They will just renounce Duncan's rights and resign him with the MLE.

I think Duncan comes back. Pop is here for at least another 4 years, at least he is under contract for that long. So I see Duncan coming back for one year. Just have Duncan and LA start with Splitter coming off the bench. The year after, when Timmy does retire, the Spurs starting 5 will be, Splitter, LA, Kawhi, Green, Parker (who knows maybe Mills). That starting 5 definitely still could contend a championship.

Sorry but Lakers will probably only get Rondo this offseason. I don't see LA going to LA.

Baseline
04-24-2015, 08:14 AM
Nobody but Rondo is stupid enough to sign with the Lakers while K. Bryant is still there. And we all know the Lakers are stupid enough to re-sign Bryant, even after this current debacle of a contract. Yes, they are that desperate to fill seats.

Actually, the best thing to happen for the Lakers right now is for the Spurs to beat the Clippers.

King Emmanuel
04-24-2015, 08:15 AM
i want no part of lafagus

Mel_13
04-24-2015, 10:55 AM
Spurs are willing to pay him which is why they waited on re-signing Kawhi. I think the Spurs will still try to sign even if Duncan doesn't retire. They will just renounce Duncan's rights and resign him with the MLE.

They won't have the MLE if they sign Aldridge.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
04-24-2015, 11:19 AM
They won't have the MLE if they sign Aldridge.

Hey, I realize that. Pretty much the Spurs would have to do a sign and trade, probably have 3rd team to come in to make the Salaries match. Spurs would have to give up Splitter or Green to get LA.

Mel_13
04-24-2015, 11:24 AM
Hey, I realize that. Pretty much the Spurs would have to do a sign and trade, probably have 3rd team to come in to make the Salaries match. Spurs would have to give up Splitter or Green to get LA.

Not worth it at that price, IMO.

ambchang
04-24-2015, 11:57 AM
Mehh ... Spurs getting false hopes...per par.

It was an article by Zach Lowe, who is pretty impartial to begin with.

On the other hand, I am not entirely sure if LA will be a good fit. He'd be good on offense from a finishing standpoint, but his passing and ability to set screens to open up the game for the shooters is not even in the same league as Duncan. His defense isn't that smart, especially when compared to Duncan.

Other than Marc Gasol, I can't really see any big being able to replace Duncan. The Spurs are still built around the big guy, and without him or anyone who is similar to him (which is Marc Gasol and Marc Gasol only at this point), the Spurs will not be able to contend.

I'd say save the effort of going after LA, and go full out on Marc Gasol, throw everything at him, and keep Leonard.

DMC
04-24-2015, 12:30 PM
... leaving for the Spurs this summer.

http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/749240

Question is if the Spurs want him?

They want him. Be stupid to not want him.

Killakobe81
04-24-2015, 12:54 PM
Nobody but Rondo is stupid enough to sign with the Lakers while K. Bryant is still there. And we all know the Lakers are stupid enough to re-sign Bryant, even after this current debacle of a contract. Yes, they are that desperate to fill seats.

Actually, the best thing to happen for the Lakers right now is for the Spurs to beat the Clippers.

Kobe wont be playing much ... so I really doubt it matters. But I guess we will see. A couple players say the FO unrest is more of a factor than KObe but I am sure it's different depending on the player. A SG wouldnt choose LA but a SF or big might.

ALL I know is you can sense the fear around the league even with our dysfunction. and the hopes here for our continued demise. Lakers with cap space will eventually be a power. I just dont see a quick fix.

Killakobe81
04-24-2015, 12:57 PM
It was an article by Zach Lowe, who is pretty impartial to begin with.

On the other hand, I am not entirely sure if LA will be a good fit. He'd be good on offense from a finishing standpoint, but his passing and ability to set screens to open up the game for the shooters is not even in the same league as Duncan. His defense isn't that smart, especially when compared to Duncan.

Other than Marc Gasol, I can't really see any big being able to replace Duncan. The Spurs are still built around the big guy, and without him or anyone who is similar to him (which is Marc Gasol and Marc Gasol only at this point), the Spurs will not be able to contend.

I'd say save the effort of going after LA, and go full out on Marc Gasol, throw everything at him, and keep Leonard.

I think that is better especially if you can get another wing defender and can play Kiwi as a small stretch 4 ...
But there is no replacing Duncan ...

K...
04-24-2015, 01:16 PM
It's basically rolling the dice. Spurs know, Manu and Duncan are not improving any and will play limited minutes.splitter will get injured.

La Marcus might be merely adequate or he might rejuvenate his game and play hard.

It's a classic game theory scenario.

Duncan returns: worst case, he dies of old age , best case, he's adequate

Lemarcus : worst case he's adequate, best case he's all star level.

It's a no lose situation. Especially if lma takes a three year or more deal. Otherwise the loss of green or splitter tips the scale against lma.

~O~
04-24-2015, 01:19 PM
If Aldrige is to ever win, he'll need to not be the first option on his team. He needs a 1st tier shooting guard or sf.

Believe San Antonio is perfect for everyone because of its philosophy.

Banzai
04-24-2015, 01:20 PM

Damn right.

illusioNtEk
04-24-2015, 01:52 PM

lol iv been to LA, and I think SA has better nicer places then LA has idiot

Mitch
04-24-2015, 01:59 PM
lol iv been to LA, and I think SA has better nicer places then LA has idiot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBPqksG9nbA

CitizenDwayne
04-24-2015, 02:01 PM
He needs to alter some aspects of his game, but I'd take him if the price is right.