PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Offense so far (PER)

ElNono
04-24-2015, 03:01 PM
Spurs PER in this series (for players that have played 25+ mins, mins played in parenthesis):

Tim Duncan: 24.0 (250)
Patty Mills: 23.2 (112)
Marco Belinelli: 20.5 (116)
Kawhi Leonard: 19.7 (250)
Manu Ginobili: 16.9 (131)
Boris Diaw: 16.3 (198)
Danny Green: 10.4 (204)
Tiago Splitter: 6.9 (123)
Tony Parker: 6.3 (210)
Aaron Baynes: 1.2 (40)
Matt Bonner: -2.4 (36)

For comparison, here are the same numbers for the Clippers:

Blake Griffin: 26.0 (288)
Chris Paul: 25.4 (275)
Deandre Jordan: 18.2 (252)
Matt Barnes: 10.8 (197)
JJ Reddick: 9.4 (274)
Austin Rivers: 9.4 (99)
Jamal Crawford: 8.8 (181)
Glen Davis: 7.5 (85)

These are the finals numbers for the series.

My notes so far (after Game 2):

- Mills: He has given us solid minutes this series (esp game two, obviously). Unless he stays scorching hot, his PER is bound to regress, but hopefully he can stay in the 20 area. I think his speed gives the Clips problem.

- Marco: He's been a surprising positive on the offensive end. I always thought Pop would play him over Danny to look for more offense, especially on the road, and if that was the gamble, it has paid off so far.

- Boris: I commented this has not been his series so far. I don't like the matchup with big baby on the post. It's also difficult for him to post Griffin with DJ ready to help. He did miss a ton of clean looks, inside and outside, so I feel he's just due to have a breakout offensive game.

- Splitter: Another guy that's hurt and limited, it also means we have a small sample. With Tiago, I'm more focused on what he can do on defense than offense, although if he could chip in some more offensive production, that would be great.

- Green: Danny seemed to pick up the slack on offense a bit on the 2nd game, but we just need more from him. I think he will gain some confidence if he starts hitting a bit more consistently from outside. The shots have been there, and he's been better in that aspect in Game 2.

- Tony: He's clearly limited. Not going to expound too much on a topic already widely covered. Pop will have to be smart with his minutes if Tony wants to play. We're going to need more contributions from other guys to make up some of his offensive production. Patty has done some, but Boris and Danny need to raise their offensive value too.

- Tim, Kawhi, Manu, Baynes: I thought these guys, more or less, gave us what was expected of them, at least offensively. In a way, it's crazy to think you expect Tim to give you his career PER at 39, but old man riverwalk continues to deliver.

- Clippers: Very top-heavy production, their top 4 guys are really the workhorse here, which is what was expected. The Spurs have done a very good job limiting Reddick and Barnes impact. This will have to continue as the series moves along, as they're primarily 3 point shooters that can do damage if left unchecked. On the other hand, if the Spurs can somewhat lessen the impact of Paul, Blake or Crawford in any significant way, it looks unlikely that the Clippers would have enough.

---

After Game 3:

- Kawhi: His 32pt explosion in Game 3 moves him ahead of Patty in the ranks. He had an all around phenomenal game, and his production through 3 games is nothing short of phenomenal.

- Mills: He was bound to regress from his hot shooting game in Game 2, but he's still knocking shots at a good clip, which the Spurs will need.

- Marco: He keeps producing, and it appears Doc won't punish the Spurs for having Marco out on the court, which is puzzling for somebody regarded as a great coach in the league, tbh.

- Boris: In one fell swoop, Boris went from below average to above average. Very complete game from Bobo, who was due a performance like that.

- Danny: He did most of his damage on the defensive end, but he also was able to drive without turning it over, and his rebounding was much needed. Ascending.

- Clippers: Reddick continues to struggle, and Crawford had a terrible game that moved him into the below average player category.

---

After Game 4:

- Mills: Still regressing a bit to the mean, but still giving us solid minutes and scoring.

- Marco: His stock keeps going up. We'll see if Pop feels he needs a larger role.

- Boris: He played well, but he can give us more.

- Danny: After a great game 3, his outside shot was nowhere to be found in Game 4. We'll need more from Danny 3 point prowess if we're to advance.

- Tiago: His stock keeps plummeting. Shades of the useful player he was last season. Perhaps the injury does keep him limited.

- Tony: He scored better in this game, reflected in his PER. But he's still nowhere near where we need him to be.

- Clippers: This was the Austin Rivers game, smh... for the most part, the Spurs have done a good job with all the Clippers role players.

---

After Game 5:

- Mills: Just gotta keep on riding the hot hand. The Clippers bench seemingly has no answer to him.

- Marco: Terrific minutes and timely shots. The way some Spurs have struggled to make shots, his steady hand has been a boon.

- Boris: 4th quarter Boris was amazing to see. Made plays, shots, steals. Gotta cut down on the foul trouble.

- Danny: We're still on the icy stage here. Hopefully it's not mental at this point. The good news is that if he shots well next game, we're probably done with this series.

- Tiago: Just bad. Really bad. Obviously hindered. Now if you look at Baynes or Bonner up there, Pop's hands are really tied up here.

- Clippers: JJReddick looked like he was going to have a breakout game for this series, but foul trouble hampered him. Really a blessing since Crawford was back to missing everything.

---

After Game 6:

- Kawhi: Biggest PER dropout in the last two games. He's going to have to conjure his offense anew if the Spurs will stand a chance on Game 7.

- Marco: Magical in game 6. Should've played more minutes, IMO.

- Patty: He's consistently been the best Spurs PG offensively in this series since Game 2. Pop should look into expanding his role in Game 7.

- Danny: Just an overall disappointing series for Danny. Some will point out his defense, but at this stage the Spurs need more than that especially on an anemic starting lineup, and Danny used to be able to deliver.

- Splitter: He actually played better in Game 6, but his missed FTs were costly.

- Tony: If gimpy Parker is jumper Parker, the Spurs might need to look somewhere else for production. Through 6 games he's dragged the offense down and been unable to make a positive impact offensively by a wide margin.

Feel free to add your own notes, tbh

ElNono
04-24-2015, 03:04 PM
I perhaps should add, for those not familiar with PER, that:

- PER sets the "league average player" to be 15.0
- PER largely measures offensive performance
- More info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Player_efficiency_rating

Mikeanaro
04-24-2015, 03:06 PM
Put some D work on Blake and everything will be a lot easier.

DarrinS
04-24-2015, 03:09 PM
Kawhi can handle more minutes.

RD2191
04-24-2015, 03:09 PM
1.8:lol

DarrinS
04-24-2015, 03:11 PM

He's a true warrior and our hero baller :cheer

ElNono
04-24-2015, 03:11 PM
If we could keep the agendas off this thread, that would be great, tbh. Thanks.

DarrinS
04-24-2015, 03:13 PM
If we could keep the agendas off this thread, that would be great, tbh. Thanks.

But, they're so easily trolled. :depressed

SnakeBoy
04-24-2015, 03:14 PM
Put some D work on Blake and everything will be a lot easier.

We don't have an answer for Blake.

spurraider21
04-24-2015, 03:14 PM
doesn't PER also factor in rebounds/steals/blocks?

DPG21920
04-24-2015, 03:16 PM
Danny's PER should rise signifcantly if he has a good shooting night. His non-3PT shooting has regressed badly to start the series. Luckily, like Chinook said, already he hit 3-4 from 3 in GM 2 and that was with yo-yo minutes.

Nathan89
04-24-2015, 03:17 PM
Parker would've played 6 more minutes if he didn't quit. That's too much time for our worse player.

ElNono
04-24-2015, 03:18 PM
doesn't PER also factor in rebounds/steals/blocks?

It does, but it has a clear bias towards offensive production, something Hollinger freely admits. More info about that on the wiki link.

RD2191
04-24-2015, 03:20 PM
But, they're so easily trolled. :depressed

RD2191
04-24-2015, 03:21 PM
crawford is playing well. any ideas on how to slow him down?

spurraider21
04-24-2015, 03:24 PM
let him keep shooting. for his career, he's a 41% shooter from the field. for the season, he's been at 39.6%

he was 4-13 in game 2 (31%). the more he shoots, thats less looks for Paul/Griffin. if he's going to make a bunch of fluke shots in a row, we're going to live with it

Robz4000
04-24-2015, 03:26 PM
One of the few times I remember where the eye ball test and PER match up.

RD2191
04-24-2015, 03:28 PM
let him keep shooting. for his career, he's a 41% shooter from the field. for the season, he's been at 39.6%

he was 4-13 in game 2 (31%). the more he shoots, thats less looks for Paul/Griffin. if he's going to make a bunch of fluke shots in a row, we're going to live with it
idk. seems like career avgs go out the window when scrubs play the spurs.

Mikeanaro
04-24-2015, 03:29 PM
We don't have an answer for Blake.
We should, he is having a great series, if not we have to neutralize CP3 ASAP.
Too bad Baynes wont play and Errors is Errors.

beirmeistr
04-24-2015, 03:31 PM
Parker would've played 6 more minutes if he didn't quit. That's too much time for our worse player.

we should be very grateful to Tony that he took himself out of the game and thus avoided a catastrophic second loss.

ElNono
04-24-2015, 03:31 PM

I think ideally Kawhi is probably the best guy. Crawford has a penchant for kicking the leg on his shots, and I feel Danny would get called for phantom fouls against him while just contesting.

The thing is, Jamal is no playmaker. He'll shoot, and considering the Clippers bench in general is pretty awful, the Spurs can help a bit more to cover and contest his shots.

Sometimes he can get scorching hot, and it really doesn't matter who you put on him, tbh... just gotta make sure you score on the other end and make up the difference.

apalisoc_9
04-24-2015, 03:34 PM
You don't put kawhi on any of the best players the first two quarters. You're risking offense.

Unless, they have two or three superstars..you hide him then have them defend on the fourth..

it seems pretty obvious...Pop has done this multiple times..The only time you see kawhi against the best offensive perimeter player is in the fourth or if there is two or three superstars in the opposing team.

Kawhi is not a defense only kinda player anymore..he's averaging 21ppg this series.

ElNono
04-24-2015, 03:36 PM
You don't put kawhi on any of the best players the first two quarters. You're risking offense.

Unless, they have two or three superstars..you hide him then have them defend on the fourth..

it seems pretty obvious...Pop has done this multiple times..The only time you see kawhi against the best offensive perimeter player is in the fourth or if there is two or three superstars in the opposing team.

Kawhi is not a defense only kinda player anymore..he's averaging 21ppg this series.

Yeah, I don't think the Spurs will put Kawhi on him, just pointing out who is probably the best suited defender out of our guys.

RD2191
04-24-2015, 03:39 PM
I think ideally Kawhi is probably the best guy. Crawford has a penchant for kicking the leg on his shots, and I feel Danny would get called for phantom fouls against him while just contesting.

The thing is, Jamal is no playmaker. He'll shoot, and considering the Clippers bench in general is pretty awful, the Spurs can help a bit more to cover and contest his shots.

Sometimes he can get scorching hot, and it really doesn't matter who you put on him, tbh... just gotta make sure you score on the other end and make up the difference.
yeah, green on crawford would be a disaster. lets hope he's off tonight

spurraider21
04-24-2015, 03:39 PM
kawhi on redick is fine. CP3 and Blake are going to get their's regardless imo. let Green make CP3 work, and let kawhi completely take redick out of the game. slap kawhi on CP3 in the final frame

SpursFan86
04-24-2015, 03:42 PM
Kawhi on Redick has been working extremely well for us this series. Redick is an underrated aspect of their offense (3rd most important player on offense behind CP3/Blake). He averaged over 16 ppg on 62.2 TS% in the regular season, which is fantastic for a role player. In the first 2 games we held him to 13 ppg on 47.8 TS%. One of Redick's biggest strengths is moving without the ball and getting open looks - with Kawhi suffocating him, it makes it extremely difficult for him to utilize that part of his game. Even if he does break free and get separation, Kawhi has the length to recover and still affect the shot.

If we shut down everyone outside CP3/Blake, it'll be very hard for them to win. As great as those guys are, they aren't like KD/Westbrook (and even those 2 struggled to carry the team in last year's WCF).

I think Pop had the right idea in Game 2. He waited until the 2nd half to start using Green/Kawhi on CP3. Two benefits of doing this:

1) Guarding CP3 for an entire game is extremely tiring and would require a ton of energy. Waiting until the 2nd half to really put the clamps on him saves some energy from Green/Kawhi.

2) Since CP3 is having to play such heavy minutes, it's reasonable to expect he'll be experiencing fatigue by the 4th quarter. When that fatigue starts to set in, and THEN you throw an elite defender like Green or Kawhi on him (who aren't as fatigued since they weren't having to guard him so much in the 1st half, and because they actually get rest throughout the game), that really makes things difficult for him.

spurs10
04-24-2015, 03:47 PM
Thanks for this info....trust Pop to know how to play this. Tony did provide good ball handling in the first 3 quarters of game 2 which might not be reflected in his Per. He scored 1 point, so of course his Per is what it is...

cd98
04-24-2015, 03:51 PM

This. And avoid fouling him. Much rather have him taking tough jump shots than Paul or Griffin getting looks.

FromWayDowntown
04-24-2015, 03:52 PM
The numbers really bear out the depth issues and highlight that, for all of the adjustments and match ups, the series really comes down to whether the Spurs can punish the Clippers when Paul and Griffin sit and force the Clippers to play uphill, particularly in the second and fourth quarters.

cd98
04-24-2015, 03:53 PM

It actually appears Pop is rotating defenders every trip on defense. I think he is trying to give Paul different looks so he can't get used to how he is being defended.

apalisoc_9
04-24-2015, 03:57 PM
It actually appears Pop is rotating defenders every trip on defense. I think he is trying to give Paul different looks so he can't get used to how he is being defended.

sure...

but you're not going to stick kawhi on someone unless it's the fourth or it's a team with more than 2 offensive stars...Pop has been doing this since Kawhi had to carry offensive load..in his 2nd and part of his 3rd year it was different..

SpursFan86
04-24-2015, 04:00 PM
The numbers really bear out the depth issues and highlight that, for all of the adjustments and match ups, the series really comes down to whether the Spurs can punish the Clippers when Paul and Griffin sit and force the Clippers to play uphill, particularly in the second and fourth quarters.

Yup. The Clippers had one of the best starting lineups in the league this year. Unless the Spurs play out of their minds or LAC's starters drop a complete dud, it's unlikely that we'll build a big lead when both starting units are playing against each other. The key should be staying even when their starters are playing, and then building a lead once the bench comes in.

Raven
04-24-2015, 04:09 PM

actually, i think he has a lot of room to improve, more than anyone for the clippers

FromWayDowntown
04-24-2015, 04:14 PM
Yup. The Clippers had one of the best starting lineups in the league this year. Unless the Spurs play out of their minds or LAC's starters drop a complete dud, it's unlikely that we'll build a big lead when both starting units are playing against each other. The key should be staying even when their starters are playing, and then building a lead once the bench comes in.

That's the ideal. Alternatively, it might be useful to force Doc to play his starters big minutes in stressful situations, particularly if this series is going to go long and even more particularly with the quick turnaround from Game 3 to Game 4.

ElNono
04-24-2015, 04:28 PM

I think a lot of ado has been made about the Spurs age and the fatigue factor, but Pop has done a masterful job, not just throughout the season, but also in this series to manage minutes whenever he could.

A cursory look at minutes played for both teams bears that out. As the series progresses, all those extra minutes start to add up, and while the Clippers are young, I think fatigue on their side could end up being a factor.

spurraider21
04-24-2015, 10:30 PM

:hat

:wakeup

hater
04-24-2015, 10:31 PM
:lmao Crawford beng #3 just how bad this stat is :lol

ElNono
04-25-2015, 11:43 AM
updated OP

DPG21920
04-25-2015, 11:47 AM
Sorry, but TP's PER is :lol

Malik Hairston
04-25-2015, 11:49 AM
Sorry, but TP's PER is :lol

:lol he just needs to survive this series..should be much easier against Houston's terrible PGs..

ElNono
04-25-2015, 11:51 AM
Updated with Bonner, who has now played 25 mins.

jeebus
04-25-2015, 11:55 AM
Feel free to add your own notes, tbh

Sometimes it’s so easy to bug a neg. There’s no challenge to it. But since every faggot deserves the fatal fuk, it’s my duty to oblige. I was at an AIDS benefit, and this young bartender kept giving me the eye. I figured if he wanted me to dick him, I’d accommodate. So I started a conversation, and hinted I’d go home with him if he wanted. He got this look of lust in his eyes, and I knew I had a taker. He said be off in an hour, so I waited around in anticipation of shooting a killer load up his ass. I had his clothes off in no time. He had a good body and a nice dick, but it was his ass I was interested in. The easiest way to get into a faggot’s ass is to rim it, so I went to work on him. I had his legs in the air in no time. I spit on my dick, aligned it with his hole, and thrust my weapon inside his guts. He gasped, urging me to go slow, cause he hadn’t been fukked in a while. That turned me on, so I started to power-fuk him. I had one objective in mind—to blow a huge load of deadly cum deep inside his guts. He kept stroking, and I pulled his hand off and told him not yet. He told me that most guys who screwed him came in a couple minutes. I said that I had no intention of making this QUICK (which was true) and DIRTY–which was not. I started to really plow his ass. I wanted to tear him up a bit. After10 minutes, I was ready for the kill. I asked him where he wanted it. He said to shoot all over him, but NOT INSIDE. That made me smile, knowing he wanted to stay NEG but was taking my poz dick up his ass. “TOO LATE!” I said. He tensed in a last ditch effort to reject me. I shot what felt like a gallon of POZ jizz up his NEG ass. He went limp, accepting the inevitable. I kept fukking him, massaging my cum into his gut. He started stroking his pole again, and I let him. I flipped him onto his stomach, and slid my dick, slick with poz cum, back inside him. I started pumping again, and 20 minutes later shot my 2nd load of poison. I glanced at my watch. I’d fukked him for half an hour so far. My dick came out pink–cum mixed with blood. I pictured my virus entering his bloodstream, which made me hard again. I told him I needed to dick him some more. The grimace on his face told me he was getting pretty sore. But my needs came first, and I rode his neg ass for what seemed like an eternity (but was only 30 minutes). I finally shot my 3rd load. His hand went back to his pole, and I let him cum. I figured he deserved that much. He shot all over his chest—hopefully the last NEG load of his life. As I dressed, he told me he’d never been fukked him like that before, and that it’d been the best sex of his life. I agreed, but not for the reasons he was thinking. I told him to relax, that I’d get the door myself. I locked it behind me. I left him there naked, covered with his own cum, my deadly bug taking over his body. Not bad for an hour’s work.

NASpurs
04-25-2015, 12:11 PM
Sometimes it’s so easy to bug a neg. There’s no challenge to it. But since every faggot deserves the fatal fuk, it’s my duty to oblige. I was at an AIDS benefit, and this young bartender kept giving me the eye. I figured if he wanted me to dick him, I’d accommodate. So I started a conversation, and hinted I’d go home with him if he wanted. He got this look of lust in his eyes, and I knew I had a taker. He said be off in an hour, so I waited around in anticipation of shooting a killer load up his ass. I had his clothes off in no time. He had a good body and a nice dick, but it was his ass I was interested in. The easiest way to get into a faggot’s ass is to rim it, so I went to work on him. I had his legs in the air in no time. I spit on my dick, aligned it with his hole, and thrust my weapon inside his guts. He gasped, urging me to go slow, cause he hadn’t been fukked in a while. That turned me on, so I started to power-fuk him. I had one objective in mind—to blow a huge load of deadly cum deep inside his guts. He kept stroking, and I pulled his hand off and told him not yet. He told me that most guys who screwed him came in a couple minutes. I said that I had no intention of making this QUICK (which was true) and DIRTY–which was not. I started to really plow his ass. I wanted to tear him up a bit. After10 minutes, I was ready for the kill. I asked him where he wanted it. He said to shoot all over him, but NOT INSIDE. That made me smile, knowing he wanted to stay NEG but was taking my poz dick up his ass. “TOO LATE!” I said. He tensed in a last ditch effort to reject me. I shot what felt like a gallon of POZ jizz up his NEG ass. He went limp, accepting the inevitable. I kept fukking him, massaging my cum into his gut. He started stroking his pole again, and I let him. I flipped him onto his stomach, and slid my dick, slick with poz cum, back inside him. I started pumping again, and 20 minutes later shot my 2nd load of poison. I glanced at my watch. I’d fukked him for half an hour so far. My dick came out pink–cum mixed with blood. I pictured my virus entering his bloodstream, which made me hard again. I told him I needed to dick him some more. The grimace on his face told me he was getting pretty sore. But my needs came first, and I rode his neg ass for what seemed like an eternity (but was only 30 minutes). I finally shot my 3rd load. His hand went back to his pole, and I let him cum. I figured he deserved that much. He shot all over his chest—hopefully the last NEG load of his life. As I dressed, he told me he’d never been fukked him like that before, and that it’d been the best sex of his life. I agreed, but not for the reasons he was thinking. I told him to relax, that I’d get the door myself. I locked it behind me. I left him there naked, covered with his own cum, my deadly bug taking over his body. Not bad for an hour’s work.

So... what I gathered from this is that Parker sucks. :lol

FkLA
04-25-2015, 12:28 PM
Tony Parker: 0.7 (84)

http://rawreplaymedia.com/media/2013/1306/fox_zimmerman_laughs_130703c1.gif

Malik Hairston
04-25-2015, 12:30 PM
http://rawreplaymedia.com/media/2013/1306/fox_zimmerman_laughs_130703c1.gif

:lmao..

Arcadian
04-25-2015, 12:30 PM
Reminds me of timvp's game grades...

elbamba
04-25-2015, 12:43 PM

That is why you can't always judge performance through numbers. Tony had a solid game and kept the defense honest with his heavy penetration and aggressive ball movement. I was very happy with his game last night despite his shooting percentage.

ElNono
04-25-2015, 12:45 PM
That is why you can't always judge performance through numbers. Tony had a solid game and kept the defense honest with his heavy penetration and aggressive ball movement. I was very happy with his game last night despite his shooting percentage.

Yeah, this is only a partial picture. A ranking that includes defense too or playmaking would have both Danny and Tony higher...

RD2191
04-25-2015, 12:53 PM
Crofl. Yeah, you keep telling yourself that buddy.

FkLA
04-25-2015, 12:54 PM

:lmao

Malik Hairston
04-25-2015, 12:55 PM

:lmao..

Malik Hairston
04-25-2015, 01:16 PM
I like Tony in the Prigioni role, as I've been saying a lot lately..

Playoff comparison, so far:

Prigs- 65 minutes played, 6.1 PER, 46.2 True Shooting %, .009 WS/48
Tony- 81 minutes played, 0.7 PER, 28.6 True Shooting %, -0.101 WS/48

It won't be discussed much, but if the Spurs take care of the Clippers, a Prigioni vs. Parker 2nd round matchup could be a nice battle, tbh..

FkLA
04-25-2015, 01:19 PM
I like Tony in the Prigioni role, as I've been saying a lot lately..

Playoff comparison, so far:

Prigs- 65 minutes played, 6.1 PER, 46.2 True Shooting %, .009 WS/48
Tony- 81 minutes played, 0.7 PER, 28.6 True Shooting %, -0.101 WS/48

It won't be discussed much, but if the Spurs take care of the Clippers, a Prigioni vs. Parker 2nd round matchup could be a nice battle, tbh..

:rollin:

jeebus
04-25-2015, 01:37 PM
So... what I gathered from this is that Parker sucks. :lol

:bobo :lobt:

RD2191
04-25-2015, 01:41 PM
:hat

NASpurs
04-25-2015, 02:34 PM

TP doing what TP does best:

http://oi60.tinypic.com/5513kn.jpg

RD2191
04-25-2015, 04:48 PM
TP doing what TP does best:

http://oi60.tinypic.com/5513kn.jpg

ElNono
04-27-2015, 11:25 AM
updated OP

vander
04-27-2015, 03:24 PM
just for fun, the on court - off court per 100 possessions I think

Kawhi Leonard: 30.0 (141) -8.2
Patty Mills: 26.1 (64) +21.9
Tim Duncan: 22.2 (143) +22.1
Marco Belinelli: 19.1 (59) -10.7
Manu Ginobili: 16.2 (80) -10.3
Boris Diaw: 16.0 (120) -18.9
Danny Green: 6.8 (108) +21
Aaron Baynes: 6.7 (28) -34
Tony Parker: 4.1 (113) +12.6
Tiago Splitter: 1.9 (65) -6
Matt Bonner: -4.6 (31) +20.3 :eyebrows

rasuo214
04-27-2015, 04:05 PM
just for fun, the on court - off court per 100 possessions I think

That made me curious to check Kawhi's pairings:
With:
CoJo -70
Baynes -34.8
Belinelli -24.1
Ginobili -21.1
Diaw -9.0
Splitter +2.4
Duncan +4.6
Mills +5.3
Parker +7.4
Green +17.6
Bonner +38.9
Ayres +300 (less than a minute played)

DPG21920
04-27-2015, 05:00 PM

RD2191
04-27-2015, 05:01 PM
:lolOnly what we've seen all season.

apalisoc_9
04-27-2015, 05:02 PM

wow

RD2191
04-27-2015, 05:02 PM
I told everyone that Parker was going to cost us in the playoffs, but noooooooooooooooooo.

Malik Hairston
04-27-2015, 05:03 PM
13 million this year :lol..

NASpurs
04-27-2015, 05:04 PM
At this point, what do you lose if you shut down Parker? His two man pick and roll game with TD that rarely result in anything positve? His bricks? His traffic cone defense? Oh I forget, he's good at bringing up the ball.

DPG21920
04-27-2015, 05:05 PM
It's really disappointing to see Green on that - side. He's key for SA and has not lived up to his potential. With him and Parker there, Spurs have still dominated most games in terms of good looks too. If they play well it's no contest.

NASpurs
04-27-2015, 05:06 PM
13 million this year :lol..

That shit is worse than game 6.

:cry it still hurts

RD2191
04-27-2015, 05:07 PM
Member when I said Parker was the worst PG in the playoffs? I'm starting to believe it.

NASpurs
04-27-2015, 05:08 PM
Parker, Splitter and Green on one side and Kawhi, Duncan and Mills on the other. Something has got to give.

apalisoc_9
04-27-2015, 05:09 PM
At this point, what do you lose if you shut down Parker? His two man pick and roll game with TD that rarely result in anything positve? His bricks? His traffic cone defense? Oh I forget, he's good at bringing up the ball.

Johnny RIngo
04-27-2015, 05:38 PM

Appalling numbers from the highest paid player on our team. Parker's done and he's dragging the Spurs down with him. Just a pathetic player in every facet of the game.

dabom
04-27-2015, 05:40 PM
I'm working but wow. I'm goIng To get on this later.

ElNono
04-27-2015, 05:41 PM
:wow worse than Michael Cancer-Williams... that's a new low..

apalisoc_9
04-27-2015, 05:41 PM
Appalling numbers from the highest paid player on our team. Parker's done and he's dragging the Spurs down with him. Just a pathetic player in every facet of the game.

The dude had more shots than kawhi by the third quarter of the game, more free throws, playing less minutes than kawhi.

why he thinks he still a star level player is beyond me.

RD2191
04-27-2015, 05:49 PM
:wow worse than Michael Cancer-Williams... that's a new low..
:lol

dabom
04-27-2015, 05:52 PM
Some nikkas telling me he runs the sets correctly. :lmao

Says I don't know basketball. :lmao

Been watching since 2013. :lmao

dabom
04-27-2015, 05:53 PM
Lets give role player shots. :lmao

Tony parker part of the big 3. :lmao

dabom
04-27-2015, 05:54 PM
I'm a troll because I say what I see. :lmao

dabom
04-27-2015, 05:58 PM
Enrique needs to shoot more to get out of his slump. :lmao

dabom
04-27-2015, 06:05 PM
Stopped being a slump long time ago. that's the norm now. :lmao

BatManu20
04-27-2015, 06:14 PM
Guyz pls stap hating on tony :cry

BatManu20
04-27-2015, 06:17 PM
Remember the good times :cry

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/Riethmiller2011/Photo%20Shop%20CS/MADE-for-MEAGAN.gif

RD2191
04-27-2015, 06:19 PM
Remember the good times :cry

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff167/Riethmiller2011/Photo%20Shop%20CS/MADE-for-MEAGAN.gif
From that to this.:cry

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/i5PCfKngh0Y/hqdefault.jpg

BatManu20
04-27-2015, 06:25 PM

:lol

ElNono
04-27-2015, 06:35 PM
I just hope Tony finds a way to turn the clock back a bit, tbh.... it probably won't happen in these playoffs, but going forward, that extension is the elephant in the room, tbh...

loveforthegame
04-27-2015, 07:17 PM
Tony ... that's turrible. :pctoss

midnightpulp
04-27-2015, 08:18 PM

Troubling. There's no overcoming two important starters playing that historically bad. And then there's Danny Green to worry about as well. I think Danny will turn it around since he's not hurt, but Tony and Tiago seem done.

But I still believe we're 50/50 to win the series. Austin Rivers is unlikely to play that well again (and if he does, tip of the hat), and Danny has to wake up at some point and get hot.

rasuo214
04-27-2015, 08:25 PM
Troubling. There's no overcoming two important starters playing that historically bad. And then there's Danny Green to worry about as well. I think Danny will turn it around since he's not hurt, but Tony and Tiago seem done.

But I still believe we're 50/50 to win the series. Austin Rivers is unlikely to play that well again (and if he does, tip of the hat), and Danny has to wake up at some point and get hot.

Kawhi and Timmy are carrying the SL. They need Danny to step up or the bench to significantly outplay the Clippers bench. Parker is what he is at this point, I'm hoping Tiago can get to the level he was at towards the end of the regular season.

loveforthegame
04-27-2015, 09:04 PM
It's obvious Leonard isn't ready to carry a team out of the first round. :depressed

itsamanuthree
04-27-2015, 09:25 PM

:lol:lol

TDfan2007
04-27-2015, 09:44 PM
:lol we have 3 starters in that group. Good God. It's amazing that we've kept this series close.

Also, shout out to Timmy and especially Kawhi for actually showing up.

vander
04-28-2015, 01:15 PM

can you explain this RAPM to me? cursory google glance has it being better than basic net on/off court at predicting future outcomes after like 2 or 3 years worth of data.

dabom
04-28-2015, 01:23 PM
"In "Regularized Adjusted Plus-Minus" (RAPM), the goal is to provide more accurate results by employing a special technique called "ridge regression" (a.k.a. regularization). It significantly reduces standard errors in Adjusted Plus-Minus (http://www.nbastuffer.com/component/option,com_glossary/Itemid,90/catid,42/func,view/term,Adjusted%20Plus-Minus/)(APM)."

http://www.nbastuffer.com/component/option,com_glossary/func,display/Itemid,90/catid,42/

You would need to be RC the analytics guy to understand what is really going on here. I take it as face value and don't try to understand the formula but do understand the correlation that is going on.

FkLA
04-28-2015, 01:32 PM

Like I've been saying that fat fuck is going to end up dooming the Spurs. Even if we get past the Clips, at some point he'll quit at halftime during a horrible game. Again. Then he'll come out firing the next game, try to be a hero in the 4th in a poor attempt at redeeming himself. Again.

If only he would gracefully accept his new Prigioni role, just like TD and Manu accepted their reduced roles.

GSH
04-28-2015, 03:49 PM
Boris has passed up a BUNCH of open 3-point looks. Sometimes embarrassingly open looks. To the point that even the commentators mentioned it. It's hard to find any explanation other than he doesn't want to take them.

It's one thing when he's contested, and he dribbles into a good shot. But these have been the looks that you want, when you're moving the ball around, and he's dribbled into some real messes. We know how important it is to stretch the defense. If he's not even going to take those shots, that's a problem. He's got to pull the trigger on some of those.

GSH
04-28-2015, 04:11 PM
can you explain this RAPM to me? cursory google glance has it being better than basic net on/off court at predicting future outcomes after like 2 or 3 years worth of data.

The basic +/- had context problems. Put a so-so player on the floor with four great players, and he could rack up a big +/- score that has nothing to do with him.

They have attempted a number of "adjustments" to +/- to make it more meaningful. Each one has its own good and bad, mostly in the form of collinearity - if two players are subbed into the game at one time, which one caused the change in results? (Or which one caused the most change?) Stats people are always trying to find some statistical/mathematical method that will give a more meaningful and consistent result.

RAPM has a lot going for it. It's less meaningful when the number of minutes played is low. Applying it to just the few playoff games wouldn't make a lot of sense to me. I don't know if they have used some method of adjusting a larger series (like the whole season), but 3-4 games doesn't look like a good place to try and apply RAPM. To me, the biggest problem with RAPM is that all the players are regressed to the mean, and it tends to make some dogs (especially with low minutes) look better than they really are. The top end guys almost always have big minutes, so they probably aren't hurt as much as the bad players are helped. But still, the gap between them looks too small. In general, it under-rates the impact of an MVP candidate.

ElNono
04-29-2015, 02:06 PM
updated OP

DAF86
04-29-2015, 02:10 PM

"Hey no, but sticking with Tony and Danny last night was the right decision" :rolleyes:

ElNono
05-01-2015, 12:15 PM
updated OP

DarrinS
05-01-2015, 12:21 PM
If Parker's minutes aren't reduced in game 7, Pop is not serious about winning this game.

loveforthegame
05-01-2015, 12:26 PM
Leonard may be young but chasing Reddick and fighting through multiple screens may have caught up to him. Not to mention the picks while guarding Paul. Or the switches and having Griffin back him down. That will take a toll on anyone for 6 straight games.

Pop really should consider switching him on Barnes and let him help off him. Might save some energy for the offensive end.

CitizenDwayne
05-01-2015, 12:28 PM
If Parker's minutes aren't reduced in game 7, Pop is not serious about winning this game.

Sad but true

Johnny RIngo
05-01-2015, 12:34 PM
23.6 PER - Paul

4.6 PER - Parker

CP is just merciless.

Nathan89
05-01-2015, 12:36 PM
Anyone know how to get a Tony Parker shot chart for the playoffs? Just want to put that terrible mid-range shot late in the 4th in more perspective.

ElNono
05-01-2015, 12:39 PM
Anyone know how to get a Tony Parker shot chart for the playoffs? Just want to put that terrible mid-range shot late in the 4th in more perspective.

from NBA.com

http://i59.tinypic.com/xmmlvd.png

loveforthegame
05-01-2015, 12:42 PM
How about Leonard's chart? Thanks. :tu

ElNono
05-01-2015, 12:44 PM
How about Leonard's chart? Thanks. :tu

http://i59.tinypic.com/wvsdh4.png

dabom
05-01-2015, 12:50 PM
http://i59.tinypic.com/wvsdh4.png