PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker is still an asset to this team, tbh..

Malik Hairston
04-24-2015, 04:02 PM
It has become "trendy" to hate on Parker on SpursTalk, and even the national media and non-Spurs fans have jumped on the bandwagon, evidently..

Unless you're Tim Duncan, Father Time always wins, tbh..that doesn't mean that Parker is no longer an asset or that he cannot adjust his game to fit with the current Spurs, though..

- Parker is still the best ball-handler on the team
- He still gets the Spurs into their sets better than any of the other guards on the team
- When he has his legs and enough rest, he's still able to penetrate and finish with the floater and put pressure on the defense

Also, this is the NBA, not the NFL..in the NFL, your name doesn't take you far, as the team will cut you as soon as you lose a step..in the NBA, your name is almost as important as your actual ability until it's evident that you're completely finished..this is the same league where the "analysts" still believe Rondo is a good player, Kobe is still great and that Ray Allen was going to be a major piece for a team this year..

When you are a "known" quantity, especially a former star like Parker, you still garner respect from the opposing team and more importantly, from the officials..

Of course Parker is no longer a star, and his 14 million per year contract hurts, but he can still be a good role player and occasionally score at a high level when the matchup is right..also, like virtually all role players in this league, he plays much better at home..let's not write him off yet:toast

Splits
04-24-2015, 04:05 PM
:lol trying to put that genie back in the bottle.

Hating on Parker has never been trendy, it's been gay as fuck from the get go.

Instigator
04-24-2015, 04:06 PM
Agree. To think otherwise is just insane.

Outlier
04-24-2015, 04:06 PM
When you and your alts make rational posts like this, you can actually be a decent poster. Instead of you know, calling everyone a faggot or a hater or whatever. You can bring the quality of this forum if you just acted like this and realize we're all in this together and most of us really love each Spur players because they're our team. So kudos to you. Stepping up with this post.

SpursFan86
04-24-2015, 04:07 PM
Was expecting some more bullshit trolling (some will probably take offense to the "Parker is a role player" notion, but whatever) :lol...good topic though,

We saw down the stretch of the 4th in Game 2 how problematic it can be when both Parker and Manu are out. The offense was basically forced to run through post-ups...which is fine in doses, but not when it's the entire offense. Mills and CoJo are solid bench players, but they can't run an offense. Kawhi's ballhandling isn't sufficient enough at this point. Diaw is an option I guess, but that's about it.

Hopefully Parker begins to focus more on playmaking and continues to develop a reliable 3-point shot. I'd be very surprised if he plays at a level that warrants his contract, but if he can at least be a net positive for the team, I won't be complaining.

Malik Hairston
04-24-2015, 04:07 PM

Almost the entire forum wants him to sit now, and even the mainstream media is saying it..it has become "trendy"..when that occurs, it becomes a little played out, like everything else in the media..

Malik Hairston
04-24-2015, 04:08 PM
When you and your alts make rational posts like this, you can actually be a decent poster. Instead of you know, calling everyone a faggot or a hater or whatever. You can bring the quality of this forum if you just acted like this and realize we're all in this together and most of us really love each Spur players because they're our team. So kudos to you. Stepping up with this post.

I don't use the word "faggot", I don't think I ever have on SpursTalk:lol..

Mikeanaro
04-24-2015, 04:08 PM
Bah, he sucks.

Outlier
04-24-2015, 04:10 PM
Well, whatever you and your alts do that is annoying (repeating the same stuff over and over, having an agenda, dividing the forum with hate) if you guys lessen that, and do more of this. Man, how great this forum would be. More rational posts like this, please guys. For the love of. And i totally agree with the post. Bravo.

apalisoc_9
04-24-2015, 04:10 PM
I agree he has value. Outside of Manu, Parker's the only other guy that plays at the right pace in terms of sets.

I just wish mr. 1.8PER wasn't such a big ballhog.

Mr Bones
04-24-2015, 04:14 PM
It became "trendy" because you started the "trend."

RD2191
04-24-2015, 04:15 PM
:lol

ChumpDumper
04-24-2015, 04:19 PM
We will need to see the game plan PM to authenticate this thread.

Mr Bones
04-24-2015, 04:23 PM
Almost the entire forum wants him to sit now, and even the mainstream media is saying it..it has become "trendy"..when that occurs, it becomes a little played out, like everything else in the media..

It was "played out" on spurstalk long before it was played out in the mainstream media.

Leetonidas
04-24-2015, 04:27 PM

I just saw Skip and Stephen A. this morning talking about how Spurs won't do jack without Parker which I personally don't believe is true.

unforeseen
04-24-2015, 04:27 PM
Trade Parker for a 1st round pick.

ElNono
04-24-2015, 04:30 PM
Good post, tbh

K...
04-24-2015, 04:30 PM
Good post. This is almost exactly the situation we had when this shit began: Tony injured and people projecting their entire life's failures on Parker.

I swear so much insecurity has been uprooted this year. Ideally we would be untie united by 5. It lasted about 7 months until this team hit ordinary hardship.

As bad as Parker has been I think underperformance of guys like mills and diaw were more detrimental. Our starting unit is good enough to cover Parkers faults to a large extent. The bench though was a fragile beautiful thing, sigh.

xtremesteven33
04-24-2015, 04:31 PM
Start Patty and bring Parker off the bench along with Ginobili. They would offensively blitz opposing benches.

K...
04-24-2015, 04:31 PM
I just saw Skip and Stephen A. this morning talking about how Spurs won't do jack without Parker which I personally don't believe is true.

Thank you for your opinion.

K...
04-24-2015, 04:32 PM
Trade Parker for a 1st round pick.

This is certainly an option, although you can't really trade a player during the playoffs.

K...
04-24-2015, 04:33 PM
Bah, he sucks.

Good opinion. There is certainly facts to back this up

hater
04-24-2015, 04:34 PM
Maybe if Duncan wasnt a statpader Kevin Love type :lmao

dabom
04-24-2015, 04:34 PM

I want role player Tony Parker. I have been saying that for the whole year. I think his ego doesn't allow him at times and we lose because of it. Enrique is the bad one.

unforeseen
04-24-2015, 04:35 PM
This is certainly an option, although you can't really trade a player during the playoffs.

Spurs should prop him up a few games (garbage time of course) in the playoffs to boost his trade value before the draft.

dabom
04-24-2015, 04:35 PM
Good opinion. There is certainly facts to back this up

Like every measurable statistic known to man. :lmao

dabom
04-24-2015, 04:36 PM
Spurs should prop him up a few games (garbage time of course) in the playoffs to boost his trade value before the draft.

He could still go to new york. :lmao

dabom
04-24-2015, 04:37 PM
Start Patty and bring Parker off the bench along with Ginobili. They would offensively blitz opposing benches.

That's a huge defensive liability. Especially with the bench bigs. Did you see the end of the 1st quarter of game 1? That's how it's going to look.

Outlier
04-24-2015, 04:41 PM
Here comes the negative Nancies to bring yet another topic down the toilet. If they could only go through your evolution, Malik. Like I said, more posts like this. You've matured a lot with this topic you made.

dabom
04-24-2015, 04:44 PM
Here comes the negative Nancies to bring yet another topic down the toilet. If they could only go through your evolution, Malik. Like I said, more posts like this. You've matured a lot with this topic you made.

Should have posted in all caps. :lmao

Floyd Pacquiao
04-24-2015, 04:52 PM
He can be an asset but when he's not 100% he's a liability. He mentally shuts down and plays weak.

Matty2Cool
04-24-2015, 04:52 PM
It's become trendy to hate on Parker because it's become trendy for him to play like crap

apalisoc_9
04-24-2015, 04:54 PM
It's become trendy to hate on Parker because it's become trendy for him to play like crap

:lmao

NASpurs
04-24-2015, 04:55 PM

:lol

K...
04-24-2015, 04:58 PM
I want role player Tony Parker. I have been saying that for the whole year. I think his ego doesn't allow him at times and we lose because of it. Enrique is the bad one.

While this implies knowledge of another's mental state based upon video of the person in a certain activity,I will admit that facts could be based on limited record. I disagree.

Oh and it's roll player tbh

K...
04-24-2015, 05:01 PM
He can be an asset but when he's not 100% he's a liability. He mentally shuts down and plays weak.

This is an opinion, I think we can't tell if it's injury or psychological. We don't have medical records although it could certainly be a mental disease. I think your diagnosis shows you care

K...
04-24-2015, 05:02 PM

Certainly multiple people have held similar opinions. But the ops point really addresses your opinion. It, and I, don't think you're wrong, but there could be another explanation entirely and you could have normal human emotions about it

dabom
04-24-2015, 05:03 PM
This is an opinion, I think we can't tell if it's injury or psychological. We don't have medical records although it could certainly be a mental disease. I think your diagnosis shows you care

An opinion on a board. Fuck that guy right? He should always say "my opinion" every time he posts. :lmao

dabom
04-24-2015, 05:04 PM
Certainly multiple people have held similar opinions. But the ops point really addresses your opinion. It, and I, don't think you're wrong, but there could be another explanation entirely and you could have normal human emotions about it

Be more specific.

EVAY
04-24-2015, 05:07 PM
It has become "trendy" to hate on Parker on SpursTalk, and even the national media and non-Spurs fans have jumped on the bandwagon, evidently..

- He still gets the Spurs into their sets better than any of the other guards on the team
- When he has his legs and enough rest, he's still able to penetrate and finish with the floater and put pressure on the defense

When you are a "known" quantity, especially a former star like Parker, you still garner respect from the opposing team and more importantly, from the officials..

Of course Parker is no longer a star, and his 14 million per year contract hurts, but he can still be a good role player and occasionally score at a high level when the matchup is right..also, like virtually all role players in this league, he plays much better at home..let's not write him off yet:toast

Mikeanaro
04-24-2015, 05:11 PM
An opinion on a board. Fuck that guy right? He should always say "my opinion" every time he posts. :lmao
But he never says thats his opinion.

Mikeanaro
04-24-2015, 05:13 PM
Be more specific.
Yeah, because playing like crap is a very complex thing, like the Da Vinci Code.
This K dude is really something.

Mikeanaro
04-24-2015, 05:16 PM
Lol, you should work for my government, they love to spin around things to make the collective mind more and more stupid, they love to attack the opposition too... but they hate every critic so much that our president never gave one press conference.

RD2191
04-24-2015, 05:18 PM
Gaw damn. :lol

gameFACE
04-24-2015, 05:26 PM
The hate on TP group has gotten old faster than xmas99's (or whatever his name was) schtik. LOL if you think plugging in Patty or CoJo will work long term.

milkyway21
04-24-2015, 05:43 PM

Unless you're Tim Duncan, Father Time always wins, tbh..that doesn't mean that Parker is no longer an asset or that he cannot adjust his game to fit with the current Spurs, though..

- Parker is still the best ball-handler on the team

Also, this is the NBA, not the NFL..in the NFL, your name doesn't take you far, as the team will cut you as soon as you lose a step..in the NBA, your name is almost as important as your actual ability until it's evident that you're completely finished..this is the same league where the "analysts" still believe Rondo is a good player, Kobe is still great and that Ray Allen was going to be a major piece for a team this year..

I was one of those who called out Parker's role before. He was so consumed winning the 2007 finals MVP that he forgot he is a PG and refused to play his role being the quarterback of this team that sometimes he played like an SG. It was so frustrating. In the playoff games vs Thunder in WC finals, the same game plan TP in the offensive, he choked. Result : :fishing. Maybe why they were zero title since 2007. 2008 same result. 2009...
But things have changed for the better. We now have 3 additional, reliable shooters aside from the big 3, in Kawhi, Green & Mills.
It is now a different ballgame. Team ball. Sharing the ball. Look for the open man.
And I am cool with it. As long as Parker does not turn the ball over like in the first two games vs the Clippers-just a total of 2 TOs from Parker fine with me. As long as we are ahead in scoring and winning it doesn't matter if he scores in single digit. He just perform his role-that is being a point guard.

gambit1990
04-24-2015, 05:51 PM
he's our best trade asset.

K...
04-24-2015, 05:52 PM
Hmm I try to extend Harlems good will and people want to know more about me. Ok

I think parker is playing badly due to age and injury. I think he should get the chance to play through it because he is an important part of our offense. I think (arbitrary number alert) 50% parker is better than mills/cojo.

I like Tony Parker. He's been my favorite player since 2007 or so. Hes awesome. I dont hate Manu, Bonner, ayres, etc

I hate westrbook, but sometimes ill appreciate his game.

I used to hate Kobe but now that he's tosb i think he's a cool dude.

Anything left out?

K...
04-24-2015, 05:54 PM
I was one of those who called out Parker's role before. He was so consumed winning the 2007 finals MVP that he forgot he is a PG and refused to play his role being the quarterback of this team that sometimes he played like an SG. It was so frustrating. In the playoff games vs Thunder in WC finals, the same game plan TP in the offensive, he choked. Result : :fishing. Maybe why they were zero title since 2007. 2008 same result. 2009...
But things have changed for the better. We now have 3 additional, reliable shooters aside from the big 3, in Kawhi, Green & Mills.
It is now a different ballgame. Team ball. Sharing the ball. Look for the open man.
And I am cool with it. As long as Parker does not turn the ball over like in the first two games vs the Clippers-just a total of 2 TOs from Parker fine with me. As long as we are ahead in scoring and winning it doesn't matter if he scores in single digit. He just perform his role-that is being a point guard.

I;m glad you are focused on winning and not a personal agenda

K...
04-24-2015, 05:55 PM
Lol, you should work for my government, they love to spin around things to make the collective mind more and more stupid, they love to attack the opposition too... but they hate every critic so much that our president never gave one press conference.

I don't remember attacking you before but i understand that most governments have some problems. I think Kafka was a genius for anticipating the 20th centuries problems. WE should discuss politics in the club (politics forum is a terrible place, i will never post there).

K...
04-24-2015, 05:57 PM
Fwiw it's worth. I do not mind pointing out parker sucks. I dislike the insults that people feel are warranted. I dislike the "faggot" rejoinder. I dislike the piling on and i dislike the legitimizing of guys like Rob Diaz and FKLA for agreeing with OP's troll takes.

Mikeanaro
04-24-2015, 05:58 PM
I don't remember attacking you before but i understand that most governments have some problems. I think Kafka was a genius for anticipating the 20th centuries problems. WE should discuss politics in the club (politics forum is a terrible place, i will never post there).
Thats your opinion, Parker playing like crap a fact.

Budkin
04-24-2015, 06:00 PM
He's injured, that much is clear. There is no way in hell he would just have the dropoff we've seen over the last two seasons.

K...
04-24-2015, 06:13 PM
Thats your opinion, Parker playing like crap a fact.

I appreciate your opinion. I understand you feel strongly that he "plays like crap"

crap is a synonym for shit, which is the human defecation. It's an absurd anology but it boils down to "not good" in common use. I agree, his play has been not good but i don't compare it to human defecation, it looks like a guy with leg injury "no lift" mainly. But keep posting your an asset to the forum

Mikeanaro
04-24-2015, 06:17 PM
I appreciate your opinion. I understand you feel strongly that he "plays like crap"

crap is a synonym for shit, which is the human defecation. It's an absurd anology but it boils down to "not good" in common use. I agree, his play has been not good but i don't compare it to human defecation, it looks like a guy with leg injury "no lift" mainly. But keep posting your an asset to the forum
Come on man, dont be so sensitive those are words used on a daily basis by our society, trying to fix every word I choose or every other poster wont change things, he played bad and hurts the team.

K...
04-24-2015, 06:21 PM
Come on man, dont be so sensitive those are words used on a daily basis by our society, trying to fix every word I choose or every other poster wont change things, he played bad and hurts the team.

I'm trolling but try to think about what this thread means. Every thread has parker hate. Youa re not going to change my opinion because "i like Tony Parker" doesn't depends on stats or current play. The dude paid his dues. There are better but mostly worse pg's out there. Tony is our point guard. Fuck you if you think avery was better. It's wrong.

Yes tony sucks now. i learned that by watching games. It's pretty apparent. So apparent i don't need to see shitheads telling me about in rude terms on a sports forum.

Anyway, I keep tabs on which parker haters are immature dumb shits trolling and which are emotional damaged men. I will put you in category 2. You have good company so don't sweat it. Enjoy tonights game, There is a good chance Tony sucks.

RD2191
04-24-2015, 06:25 PM
I'm trolling but try to think about what this thread means. Every thread has parker hate. Youa re not going to change my opinion because "i like Tony Parker" doesn't depends on stats or current play. The dude paid his dues. There are better but mostly worse pg's out there. Tony is our point guard. Fuck you if you think avery was better. It's wrong.

Yes tony sucks now. i learned that by watching games. It's pretty apparent. So apparent i don't need to see shitheads telling me about in rude terms on a sports forum.

Anyway, I keep tabs on which parker haters are immature dumb shits trolling and which are emotional damaged men. I will put you in category 2. You have good company so don't sweat it. Enjoy tonights game, There is a good chance Tony sucks.
homo

Mikeanaro
04-24-2015, 06:28 PM

I dont want him to suck, I want him to play good like he did during last season finals playing PG and zero-hero.
Thats all.

K...
04-24-2015, 06:46 PM
homo

homo means like. I like tony parker

dabom
04-24-2015, 06:47 PM
Faggot

z0sa
04-24-2015, 06:47 PM

Silver&Black
04-24-2015, 07:01 PM

Splits....

My nigga.

Uriel
04-24-2015, 07:30 PM
Am I the only one who thinks this was a subtle troll attempt by the OP by calling Parker a "role player?" Lol

dabom
04-24-2015, 07:31 PM
He is though. ???

K...
04-24-2015, 07:32 PM
Faggot

this means cigarette in some cultures, but in this one it refers to anti masculine tendencies. I am mostly hetero male and pretty decent in that regard. Tell me more about yourself Dabom. Why don't you have an avatar? Where do you live?

z0sa
04-24-2015, 07:32 PM
Am I the only one who thinks this was a subtle troll attempt by the OP by calling Parker a "role player?" Lol

Like most of the "crew," they pepper it with various sarcastic remarks so they can call it trolling should it blow up in their face and they get called out.

It's a win-win situation for them, at least, in their eyes.

TheGreatYacht
04-24-2015, 07:37 PM

Pauleta14
04-24-2015, 07:54 PM

Mikeanaro
04-24-2015, 08:00 PM
Lol who says that? the heterosexuals ambassador? :lmao

K...
04-24-2015, 08:09 PM
Lol who says that? the heterosexuals ambassador? :lmao

uh I don't know....it's about the same as saying faggot although in this case it means the opposite. I really don't know if there is an analog for "faggot" for straight people. But if there were you'd call me that right, now that I've disclosed myself as orthodox sexually?

Mikeanaro
04-24-2015, 08:14 PM
uh I don't know....it's about the same as saying faggot although in this case it means the opposite. I really don't know if there is an analog for "faggot" for straight people. But if there were you'd call me that right, now that I've disclosed myself as orthodox sexually?
Lol, dont get things into wrong territory, he said gay not faggot just relax, there is a game coming in 15 minutes which I must go to see.

Leetonidas
04-25-2015, 01:00 AM
Thank you for your opinion.

Were we talking, tbh?

dabom
01-15-2016, 04:12 PM

But I never advocated role player Tony. :lmao

dabom
01-15-2016, 04:13 PM
ChumpDumper get in here faggot. :lmao

ChumpDumper
01-15-2016, 04:17 PM
From your thread: "Can we waive tony and spread the contract over a larger time?"
Only way I see the spurs in contention next couple of years. We need that cap space for NBA players. Highest paid player to do absolutely shit. I wish I was joking when I said that.Take the L.

emoticon

dabom
01-15-2016, 04:19 PM
From your thread: "Can we waive tony and spread the contract over a larger time?"Take the L.

emoticon

Maybe you didn't get the hint. If he didn't get a role change we don't contend. He changed his role though faggot. :lmao

ChumpDumper
01-15-2016, 04:20 PM
Maybe you didn't get the hint. If he didn't get a role change we don't contend. He changed his role though faggot. :lmaoNope, the "only way" you saw was waiving him.

Take the L.

dabom
01-15-2016, 04:22 PM
Nope, the "only way" you saw was waiving him.

Take the L.

He changed his role which I always advocated faggot. :lmao

ChumpDumper
01-15-2016, 04:25 PM
He changed his role which I always advocated faggot. :lmao

Nope, the "only way" you saw was waiving him.

Take the L.