PDA

View Full Version : Danny Green's defense :wow

siraulo23
04-24-2015, 11:47 PM
Arguably the best CP3 defender on the Spurs, i mean CP3 got absolutely shut down on pick and rolls

Green on Paul Kawhi on Reddick :wow

Spurs pretty much played flawless defense the whole 48 minutes, 2014 Finals like defensive performance :cry

spurraider21
same formula as the warriors. green on Curry and kawhi on klay

FkLA
but he sucks when he's not hitting shots :cry

Raven
04-24-2015, 11:49 PM
yeah, we ain't keeping him after this year :cry

Mugen
04-24-2015, 11:49 PM
but he sucks when he's not hitting shots :cry

:lol it's crazy how Pop still thinks this sometimes.......

Beli has actually played pretty well this series but I'd still rather have Danny in there every single time even if it's just for his defense....

Malik Hairston
04-24-2015, 11:50 PM
Sucks that the national media has caught on to his defensive ability, like Reverend Jackson said tonight..he even mentioned Danny's impending free agency, too..$$$..

siraulo23
04-24-2015, 11:51 PM
Most spurs fans know D green is one of the best perimeter in the NBA period, but IMO he doesnt get enough credit from the media

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
04-24-2015, 11:53 PM
yeah, we ain't keeping him after this year :cry

Spurs have more than enough between the cap and luxury tax to resign both Green and Leonard and that would even after signing a max player. Only have 33 mil committed to salaries next season.

milkyway21
04-24-2015, 11:53 PM
Arguably the best CP3 defender on the Spurs, i mean CP3 got absolutely shut down on pick and rolls

Green on Paul Kawhi on Reddick :wow

Spurs pretty much played flawless defense the whole 48 minutes, 2014 Finals like defensive performance :cry

:tu

Really ignored in the DPOY consideration . '(

Brazil
04-24-2015, 11:54 PM
Dude gonna get paid tbh

Raven
04-24-2015, 11:56 PM
Spurs have more than enough between the cap and luxury tax to resign both Green and Leonard and that would even after signing a max player. Only have 33 mil committed to salaries next season.

he's a free agent, not a restricted one.. i'm not sure it's the pop way tbh.

siraulo23
04-24-2015, 11:58 PM
Dude gonna get paid tbh

thats the only negative tbh but it is what it is, i hope he stays as a Spur

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
04-25-2015, 12:00 AM
he's a free agent, not a restricted one.. i'm not sure it's the pop way tbh.

Teams can go over the cap to resign their own players. Unless someone gives him +10mil a year deal, he won't be leaving. Green is a system player offensively and those players usually don't get huge deals. I see the Spurs resigning him on an 40 mil 5 year deal.

milkyway21
04-25-2015, 12:00 AM
Green could be somebody who can help Anthony Davis. IMO

I mean of course I want him to be a Spur again but somebody like him can be the Pelican's missing piece

Malik Hairston
04-25-2015, 12:01 AM
I'd be shocked if he isn't back with the Spurs, tbh..It's not like they won't pay him, they gave Tiago a bunch of money to play a similar frontcourt role..

After Wes Matthews' injury, the only other 3andD guys that are comparable are Ariza, Carroll, Middleton(maybe going to get the max, according to many)..Spurs won't let that get away..

Raven
04-25-2015, 12:02 AM
Teams can go over the cap to resign their own players. Unless someone gives him +10mil a year deal, he won't be leaving. Green is a system player offensively and those players usually don't get huge deals. I see the Spurs resigning him on an 40 mil 5 year deal.

so you are among those who believe danny doesn't get 10M per year.. if only :lol

siraulo23
04-25-2015, 12:07 AM
Pop yells at Danny Green any time he makes a minor mistake on defense because pop knows he's capable of near perfect defensive performances like tonight tbh :tu

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
04-25-2015, 12:08 AM
so you are among those who believe danny doesn't get 10M per year.. if only :lol

If ariza only got 7 mil, what makes you think Green will get more. Green can't create his own shot, is a decent passer, and an average ball handler. Redick, the offensive version of Green is only making 7 mil. Tony Allen makes less. Seeing the trend I don't see a team overpaying for Green, which over 10 mil a year, they would be doing.

Malik Hairston
04-25-2015, 12:10 AM

Times have changed in the metrics era, tbh..

Players that create for themselves but don't give you anything on D are no longer desired ..somebody like Jamal Crawford, for instance, he's heavily disliked by new-media analysts..front offices are full of progressive stat geeks now, too..

Brazil
04-25-2015, 12:10 AM
Spurs will do all they can to keep him that's a given. Price will be probably quite high tho but he is worth all effort FO can put on the table

milkyway21
04-25-2015, 12:12 AM
Danny & Duncan patiently carried the Spurs in the early months of this season ..while the other Spurs were recuperating injuries. .

How many steals he has tonight..3? That was so impt. Completely broke Clipper's drives

apalisoc_9
04-25-2015, 12:17 AM
I would be so pissed if Danny is not playing for the spurs next year...
danny and Kawhi is the best wing combo in the league.

Splits
04-25-2015, 12:20 AM
Green will fetch 10m+ and the Spurs will give it to him

ironman2886
04-25-2015, 12:23 AM
Same here. Spurs will pay this man. They paid Bonner to tour the country and eat sandwiches.

milkyway21
04-25-2015, 02:29 AM

Me too.

They will be here if you promise to the front office you limit your KaWhi threads.. :lmao

Johnny RIngo
04-25-2015, 02:54 AM
Danny & Duncan patiently carried the Spurs in the early months of this season ..while the other Spurs were recuperating injuries. .

How many steals he has tonight..3? That was so impt. Completely broke Clipper's drives

You forgot Manu. Averaged 15 ppg in December.

Stabula
04-25-2015, 03:06 AM
Danny Green will come back next year at 7 million a year

Nathan89
04-25-2015, 03:11 AM
Danny Green will come back next year at 7 million a year:lmao

Malik Hairston
04-25-2015, 03:12 AM
Danny Green will come back next year at 7 million a year

He'll get 9 per from the Spurs IMO..

will_spurs
04-25-2015, 03:18 AM
They paid Bonner to tour the country and eat sandwiches.

They paid Bonner $10 million a year? Bonner maxxed out at $4 million a year (for one year!) and that was for being a perfect cog in the Spurs system as a 3-pt sharpshooter.

Green was in the spotlight during the 2013 Finals but since then I'd say his reputation has lowered, hopefully to a point where he gets paid around $7-8 million a year. I don't remember teams overpaying perimeter defenders... Now of course if he plays a huge, visible role in the playoffs this year, it could make things a bit more complicated.

99 Problems
04-25-2015, 03:27 AM
We looked after Danny and gave him a nice little contract last time. He has improved surprising very few people. When we sit back at the table I think he will remember the faith RC & Pop had.

Malik Hairston
04-25-2015, 03:32 AM
We looked after Danny and gave him a nice little contract last time. He has improved surprising very few people. When we sit back at the table I think he will remember the faith RC & Pop had.

Seems like a Spurs-lifer IMO..

He was pretty much the mouth piece for last year's title team, doing media tours:lol..

cd021
04-25-2015, 03:54 AM
same formula as the warriors. green on Curry and kawhi on klay

This. As apalisoc_9 mentioned, put Parker on Barnes and dare them to try and exploit it in the post. If they go at him, they can send Duncan if he tried to go into the middle of the lane.

cd021
04-25-2015, 04:09 AM

If they use move Mills and clear out a [and use] max contract, then they would likely go past the luxury tax. Leonard's max starts at $15.4 million ( i think) and Green will easily make more than $7.6 million ( his cap hold) probably starts out at $8-9 million. They would have at least $80 million the luxury tax is projected to be $81.6 million

Mal
04-25-2015, 04:30 AM
If they use move Mills and clear out a [and use] max contract, then they would likely go past the luxury tax. Leonard's max starts at $15.4 million ( i think) and Green will easily make more than $7.6 million ( his cap hold) probably starts out at $8-9 million. They would have at least $80 million the luxury tax is projected to be $81.6 million

I think nobody would be counting salaries if Spurs were going for 3peat.

spurraider21
04-25-2015, 04:53 AM
This. As apalisoc_9 mentioned, put Parker on Barnes and dare them to try and exploit it in the post. If they go at him, they can send Duncan if he tried to go into the middle of the lane.
that's not really an apal original... its exactly what we saw in 2013 :lol

cd021
04-25-2015, 06:45 AM
that's not really an apal original... its exactly what we saw in 2013 :lol

Parker guard Curry most chunks of the first two games of this season. Green guarded both Barnes and Thompson Leonard did as well. In other words Pop hasn't really done that strategy consistently. Also a different offense and coaching staff. Jackson specifically went at Parker and Neal with Barnes and Jarret Jack to mixed results.

milkyway21
04-25-2015, 07:57 AM
You forgot Manu. Averaged 15 ppg in December.

Oops.sorry Manu too.

DocDoc
04-25-2015, 08:12 AM

The exploding salary cap would make the pain one year on the luxury tax.

It will be interesting what the Spurs do and how deep they dig.This is going to set the table for the ability to compete for the next 5-7 years and they only have to look at OKC to see what one bad money-saving trade can do to your ability to win a ring.