PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi Leonard has career-defining performance in Spurs' Game 3 rout of Clippers

ElNono
04-25-2015, 12:15 PM
SAN ANTONIO — It was our fault, Clippers fans.

The big bad media voted Kawhi Leonard as the Defensive Player of the Year, which not only angered those of you who believed DeAndre Jordan was more deserving (from Doc Rivers on down), but apparently inspired the San Antonio Spurs' young star to show the basketball world that he's no one-dimensional player.

That's the only possible explanation for his 32-point offensive clinic that carried the Spurs to a 100-73 win in Game 3 of their first-round series. Lo siento Lob City. With Game 4 set for Sunday in San Antonio, this unintended consequence has your embattled team down 2-1.

Leonard must have been insulted that the media pigeon-holed him in such a way, having the audacity to give him this kind of narrow-minded honor. Rest assured, Kawhi, there will be awards of every shape and size coming your way if this latest outing was a preview of things to come.

Read More: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2015/04/25/kawhi-leonard-san-antonio-spurs-los-angeles-clippers-playoffs/26354089/

Capt Bringdown
04-25-2015, 02:41 PM
Beyond the fact that his 32 points were a career high, the true meaning of the evening was in the context. The Spurs' Big Three of Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili combined for a playoff-low 12 points, yet San Antonio ran away with the win. The black and gray torch with the burning flame, in other words, is being passed like never before.

Noice.

Budkin
04-25-2015, 02:58 PM
And all it took was trading Paul George...

spurs10
04-25-2015, 03:30 PM
And all it took was trading Paul George... :lol

FuzzyLumpkins
04-25-2015, 03:48 PM
"He put on a show tonight," Duncan said. "(And) he did it the right way. He stayed within our offense. He got some shots going early on, and then I think he just kind of got comfortable and kind of got on a roll, and then you see his level of difficulty kind of going up, shooting over double teams, fading away, making plays.

"From there, he was off to the races. He did it the right way. He continues to impress me every time he's out there. And if he can put on a show like that in a situation like this, it's obviously great for us, but it's impressive to watch."

therealtruth
04-25-2015, 06:29 PM
You wonder if TD's quote implies that Kawhi doesn't always get his shots within the offense.

james evans
04-25-2015, 06:35 PM
I think if the spurs make the finals, parker is gonna be a problem. I'm talking Kobe in 2004 problem against the Pistons. I feel he would be in full gunner mode trying to win mvp to show the world this is "his team"..

james evans
04-25-2015, 06:36 PM
You wonder if TD's quote implies that Kawhi doesn't always get his shots within the offense.
I feel his "he did it the right way" was a jab at someone in particular.

SupremeGuy
04-25-2015, 07:24 PM
You wonder if TD's quote implies that Kawhi doesn't always get his shots within the offense.No, just no.

SupremeGuy
04-25-2015, 07:25 PM
I feel his "he did it the right way" was a jab at someone in particular.This. If anything, it was a shot at a certain pg.

04-25-2015, 07:56 PM

No, just no.
I don't think it was a shot at anyone particular. I think it was just a compliment to kawhi's skills that he still got his numbers and got it within the system.

MI21
04-25-2015, 08:18 PM

This. If anything, it was a shot at a certain pg.

Yeah, all time legend Tim Duncan would take subliminal shots towards beloved teammates through veiled statements in the media.

For fuck sake, do you actually follow the Spurs? Pretty sure Tim Duncan would go to any person on the team and share his opinion face to face and factually... this isn't Kobe Bryant we are talking about.

Smh.

james evans
04-25-2015, 08:28 PM
Yeah, all time legend Tim Duncan would take subliminal shots towards beloved teammates through veiled statements in the media.

For fuck sake, do you actually follow the Spurs? Pretty sure Tim Duncan would go to any person on the team and share his opinion face to face and factually... this isn't Kobe Bryant we are talking about.

Smh.
Nope. I've never seen a spurs game in my life

apalisoc_9
04-25-2015, 09:02 PM
I think if the spurs make the finals, parker is gonna be a problem. I'm talking Kobe in 2004 problem against the Pistons. I feel he would be in full gunner mode trying to win mvp to show the world this is "his team"..

K...
04-25-2015, 09:28 PM

Nice fan fiction.

james evans
04-25-2015, 09:43 PM
Nice fan fiction.
yeah because it's not like he's ever did it before.

Seventyniner
04-25-2015, 09:47 PM

Bullshit. Pop would bench him long before it would be a series-defining problem. Do you really think that Pop has that little control over the team?

SupremeGuy
04-25-2015, 09:48 PM
yeah because it's not like he's ever did it before."I don't know why they're leaving Danny so wide open" - Porker screwing Danny and us in the process cause he couldn't stand someone else winning the fucking FMVP.

That shit still pisses me off, tbh.

james evans
04-26-2015, 03:55 AM
Bullshit. Pop would bench him long before it would be a series-defining problem. Do you really think that Pop has that little control over the team?
he should have benched ginobli before that 7th and 8th turnover in game 6.

z0sa
04-26-2015, 03:59 AM

Smh.

It's truly hilarious. These guys have been playing together for over a decade, got rings galore, literally NEVER call eachother out publically, and show love for each other both on and off the court.

LoneStarState'sPride
04-26-2015, 04:24 AM
It's truly hilarious. These guys have been playing together for over a decade, got rings galore, literally NEVER call eachother out publically, and show love for each other both on and off the court.

Spurs irl don't create any off-court drama, but that's ok.

ST fags and faggettes have that department covered :lmao

z0sa
04-26-2015, 05:30 AM
Spurs irl don't create any off-court drama, but that's ok.

ST fags and faggettes have that department covered :lmao

:lol a lot of these hating "spurs fans" would make great ESPN contributors, tbh.

DJR210
04-26-2015, 05:33 AM
And all it took was trading Paul George...

:lol