PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: what if Kobe had a real coach?

K...
04-25-2015, 09:45 PM
Everyone shits on Kobe for missing the playoffs in his prime, but what if he had a coach actually design the offense around him and reign in his chucker tendency. I mean mj didn't need a elite big man to ring.

We shouldn't really shit on Kobe. It's the coaches fault. Imagine, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007. There for taking, but if.......we'll never know.

midnightpulp
04-25-2015, 09:51 PM
Probably wouldn't matter. Kobe has to be ball dominant to be at peak effectiveness, and it's very tough to build anything around a ball dominant player, despite how individually skilled he might be.

Also, advanced stats have revealed to us that Kobe was a poor defender for the majority of his career. He's a fine player, but he does need a top flight frontline to succeed and cover up his deficiencies.

KaiRMD1
04-25-2015, 09:54 PM
Byron Scott probably had plays designed for Kobe, Kobe just has to chuck

Clipper Nation
04-25-2015, 10:03 PM
Kirby is uncoachable, so it doesn't really make a difference.

HemisfairArena
04-25-2015, 10:12 PM
Kobrick had a real coach in Phil Jackson and he caused him to lose twice in the Finals. MJ never let Jackson lose in the Finals,,,,hell, Duncan has never let Pop lose twice in the Finals,,,

K...
04-25-2015, 10:16 PM
Kobrick had a real coach in Phil Jackson and he caused him to lose twice in the Finals. MJ never let Jackson lose in the Finals,,,,hell, Duncan has never let Pop lose twice in the Finals,,,

That Jackson guy is famous for mind games....did he intentionally sabotage Kobe so that he could "coach" Kobe? Jackson is helz weird. It could be true.

Arcadian
04-25-2015, 10:23 PM
It would have been a waste of a good coach.

ElNono
04-25-2015, 10:26 PM
Enrique apologist turns out to be a Kobe apologist too? No surprises here...

K...
04-25-2015, 10:41 PM
Just a Saturday night discussion. As a spursfan I'm being classy by defending tosb.

Every since 5, any hate I had towards Kobe vanished. I now love him. And c'mon. You'd take 2015 Kobe over 2015 Parker right?

ElNono
04-25-2015, 10:45 PM
just messing with you :lol

Buddy Mignon
04-25-2015, 11:31 PM
Everyone shits on Kobe for missing the playoffs in his prime, but what if he had a coach actually design the offense around him and reign in his chucker tendency. I mean mj didn't need a elite big man to ring.

We shouldn't really shit on Kobe. It's the coaches fault. Imagine, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007. There for taking, but if.......we'll never know.

So basically what you're saying is if Kobewas as submissive as Jim he'd have more playoff runs? But he'd be down 2 gold medals. He would have given one title back. No back2backs... no 3peats... no running Shaq and Phil out of town. And quite frankly... if he was as submissive as Jim he wouldnt be up 4-2 head to head with his rival.

K...
04-25-2015, 11:31 PM
Distinct lack of west coast people on this thread. It's 9:30 over there. Prime spurstalk time. chime in.

spurraider21
04-25-2015, 11:36 PM
So basically what you're saying is if Kobewas as submissive as Jim he'd have more playoff runs? But he'd be down 2 gold medals. He would have given one title back. No back2backs... no 3peats... no running Shaq and Phil out of town. And quite frankly... if he was as submissive as Jim he wouldnt be up 4-2 head to head with his rival.
if kobe had the mindset of tim, he wouldn't have run shaq and phil out of town, and they could have won 2 or 3 more titles before the Pau era.

granted he never was as good a player as tim, but if he had the same team approach, he could have won more of his lauded 2nd banana titles