PDA

View Full Version : Grizzlies: Real threat to upset Warriors

tmtcsc
04-25-2015, 11:05 PM
Warrior fans, discount the Grizz at your own peril. As it looks now, they will most likely be pitted against the W's in the next round. They are tough, disciplined, battle-tested and have the confidence to beat the Warriors. This thing could go 7 with the Grizz winning..

I'm pulling for the Warriors & hope Kerr has them ready, but I wouldn't mind seeing a good series.

soxxx
04-25-2015, 11:08 PM
Grizz are good. They had the Thunder on the ropes last year, and may have won had Randolph not gotten suspended. That series is going to be good.

Arcadian
04-25-2015, 11:10 PM
I'm pulling for the Warriors & hope Kerr has them ready

Why the hell would you do that? As Spurs fans, we should welcome any possible threat to the Warriors.

apalisoc_9
04-25-2015, 11:11 PM
not without a healthy lineup no..

even with a healthy lineup, at most it goes to six..IMO..

they can win, but it's unlikely...hopefully the long rest develops into rust with GSW and the grizz steal the first one...

spurraider21
04-25-2015, 11:12 PM
the warriors can score in bursts even against the grizz defense. i doubt memphis' ability to be able to stay in the game when that happens

Sean Cagney
04-25-2015, 11:13 PM
Grizz are good. They had the Thunder on the ropes last year, and may have won had Randolph not gotten suspended. That series is going to be good.
They were about to go up 3-1 in that series but as in a few games that series Conley choked, they had them on the ropes but it got tied up 2-2. I am shocked nobody remembers how bad he was choking at times in that series and he gets a pass as if nobody remembers. They were so damn close to pulling that series out, as you said the suspension late did them in but it never should have went to 7 IMO.

tmtcsc
04-25-2015, 11:13 PM
Why the hell would you do that? As Spurs fans, we should welcome any possible threat to the Warriors.

Oh hell no. I want the Spurs to show the Warriors how its done. The same goes for the Rockets. It will please me to no end to see the Spurs humiliate them and that bearded gimp.

Robz4000
04-25-2015, 11:14 PM
Don't really see it. Dubs prolly take it in 5.

unforeseen
04-25-2015, 11:20 PM
Warriors in 7 if they faced SA.

tmtcsc
04-25-2015, 11:20 PM
The Grizz will get better, higher percentage shots compared to the wild 3 pt slinging Warriors. Allen can hang with Thompson while Conley, Udrih and Lee can take turns on Curry. Of course, I'm getting ahead of myself but I think thats going to be the 2nd round matchup.

benstanfield
04-25-2015, 11:26 PM
Really the only teams that stand a chance against the Warriors are the teams that can force a lot of Curry turnovers, force the Warriors to shoot subpar percentages in the lulls between their hot streaks, and score enough against their defense to maintain a 6-10 point lead. At the end of a close game you are almost certainly not going to be able to get stops against this Warriors team as currently constructed.

Memphis-GS is going to be like the Thibs Bulls against Lebron's Heat teams. The Grizz will keep the games close and even take one or two, but in the end they won't be able to keep up with the Warriors' offensive firepower. The Spurs are the only team in the league that stands a chance IMO, and I don't think they would even be favored. The Warriors will beat the Grizzlies in 6 and would absolutely demolish the Cavs or Hawks.

ElNono
04-25-2015, 11:26 PM
Conley just went down, Udrih has a twisted ankle...

just not happening, tbh

ElNono
04-25-2015, 11:28 PM
nevermind, looks like a broken nose... he'll probably survive

benstanfield
04-25-2015, 11:29 PM
Conley just went down

per par

tmtcsc
04-25-2015, 11:31 PM
Conley's tough. He'll be back.

Robz4000
04-25-2015, 11:39 PM
Really the only teams that stand a chance against the Warriors are the teams that can force a lot of Curry turnovers, force the Warriors to shoot subpar percentages in the lulls between their hot streaks, and score enough against their defense to maintain a 6-10 point lead. At the end of a close game you are almost certainly not going to be able to get stops against this Warriors team as currently constructed.

Memphis-GS is going to be like the Thibs Bulls against Lebron's Heat teams. The Grizz will keep the games close and even take one or two, but in the end they won't be able to keep up with the Warriors' offensive firepower. The Spurs are the only team in the league that stands a chance IMO, and I don't think they would even be favored. The Warriors will beat the Grizzlies in 6 and would absolutely demolish the Cavs or Hawks.

Dubs will lose to the Spurs or Cavs (or Bulls if they get that far). Team is just far too undisciplined and they can be baited into going chuck happy. I also don't trust their defense outside Bogut and Green to a lesser extent.

Malik Hairston
04-26-2015, 12:28 AM
Warriors will destroy the Grizzlies, tbh..Memphis just doesn't score enough, and Conley's injury is obviously a massive concern..

Houston and Memphis are being overvalued due to their terrible competition, so far..

Spurs are the only team that can beat Golden State, probably..

Grit and Grind
04-26-2015, 12:36 AM
Warriors will destroy the Grizzlies, tbh..Memphis just doesn't score enough, and Conley's injury is obviously a massive concern..

Houston and Memphis are being overvalued due to their terrible competition, so far..

Yall doubt us but I've seen us do amazing things

tmtcsc
04-26-2015, 12:39 AM

No doubt here. Memphis comes to play and values possessions. Most disciplined team next to Spurs. Playoffs is a different beast and Grizz know how to play the half court game.

Malik Hairston
04-26-2015, 12:39 AM

I'll be cheering 100 for Memphis, hopefully they pull it off..

Robz4000
04-26-2015, 12:40 AM

If you guys were fully healthy I'd give you an outside chance, but not this broken-down Grizz team.

Grit and Grind
04-26-2015, 12:49 AM
If you guys were fully healthy I'd give you an outside chance, but not this broken-down Grizz team.
We're getting healthy, unforunately that NO series couldn't go longer.GSW bench is really overrated to me and just not that good imo. I feel like our bench with Jeff Green, Beno Udrih, Calathes, Koufus & Carter is better than Livingston/Iggy/Barbosa/Lee/Ezeli just because our defense can really stop those guys because none of them except for Barbosa is a shooter and he's erratic. Green and Beno are really difference makers, I expect Green to be on Curry because he did really stop Westbrook and his size could give Curry fits. Also TA should guard Klay hopefully he doesn't do stupid fouls.

UZER
04-26-2015, 12:54 AM
Grizz are a solid PO team. The warriors are in for a tough fight. They can get away with chucking against lesser opponents, but the grizzly will gladly take that.

TheCultOfPersonality
04-26-2015, 01:05 AM
I really hope the Grizzlies can go back to owning the Warriors like they did the previous 4 seasons.

apalisoc_9
04-26-2015, 01:06 AM
We're getting healthy, unforunately that NO series couldn't go longer.GSW bench is really overrated to me and just not that good imo. I feel like our bench with Jeff Green, Beno Udrih, Calathes, Koufus & Carter is better than Livingston/Iggy/Barbosa/Lee/Ezeli just because our defense can really stop those guys because none of them except for Barbosa is a shooter and he's erratic. Green and Beno are really difference makers, I expect Green to be on Curry because he did really stop Westbrook and his size could give Curry fits. Also TA should guard Klay hopefully he doesn't do stupid fouls.

Yeah i was thinking about this today..

I really really want to see Allen on Klay...If they can limit klay to around 15 ppg, there's not a whole of other offensive creators for the warriors.

I don't know if Green is fast enough to guard curry.

Dancelot
04-26-2015, 01:47 AM
I know regular season doesn't especially matter but, what was the grizzlies record against the warriors this season?

Clipper Nation
04-26-2015, 02:05 AM
Hoping for Dem Bears to take a sloppy wet shit all over that cute little team.

LkrFan
04-26-2015, 02:07 AM
Warrior fans, discount the Grizz at your own peril. As it looks now, they will most likely be pitted against the W's in the next round. They are tough, disciplined, battle-tested and have the confidence to beat the Warriors. This thing could go 7 with the Grizz winning..

I'm pulling for the Warriors & hope Kerr has them ready, but I wouldn't mind seeing a good series.
I could think of 8 reasons why Spur Fan feels this way! :rollin :lmao :rollin

SnakeBoy
04-26-2015, 02:14 AM
I'm just hoping the Grizz will leave some bruises on the dubs before they go fishing.

LkrFan
04-26-2015, 02:22 AM

I think Spurs/Rockets series this year will be epic. Too bad they don't have Beverly to slow down Enrique. They still have good perimeter defenders in Ariza and Corey Brewer (who are also good finishers and streaky 3pt shooters). They also have athletic bigs that run the floor well in Howard, J-Smoove, and Jones.

In the end I expect Spurs to win but wouldn't be surprised to see it go 6 - possibly 7 if the Rockets' 3ball is dropping. Sadly, Pop >>>>> Lurch is an obstacle they won't be able to overcome.

TheCultOfPersonality
04-26-2015, 02:27 AM
I know regular season doesn't especially matter but, what was the grizzlies record against the warriors this season?
The Grizzlies were 1-2 against them this season.

Leetonidas
04-26-2015, 02:28 AM

C'mon Jose, you know Spurfans don't give a shit about that after they shit on Memphis and swept them in 2013 WCF:lol

Leetonidas
04-26-2015, 02:31 AM
Grizz really have to play their game to beat GS, they cannot be suckered into trying to run and play the transition game. Plus, imo, GS is full of a bunch of bitchmade players who will likely get flustered by the physicality the Grizzlies are allowed to play with. Plus we know Zbo won't be afraid to bust Curry or Klay's ass in the paint. I think they can do it but I don't see it being likely at all tbh

LkrFan
04-26-2015, 02:36 AM
C'mon Jose, you know Spurfans don't give a shit about that after they shit on Memphis and swept them in 2013 WCF:lol
:lol

100%duncan
04-26-2015, 03:17 AM
Warriors in 5 or 6 imho.

RD2191
04-26-2015, 03:55 AM
The Grizz just don't have the offense to hang with the dubs. Their offense stalls for too long imo.

Raven
04-26-2015, 07:09 AM
i'm long done believing in the grizz doing anything meaningful.

z0sa
04-26-2015, 08:52 AM
Grizz are gonna go cold (main problem) plus make silly mistakes down the stretch like always. Itd be nice if they found a way too take it 7 and in the process beat the shit out of GS, though.

tmtcsc
04-26-2015, 08:52 AM

2-1 Warriors

tmtcsc
04-26-2015, 08:58 AM
:huh Do tell.

Spurs9
04-26-2015, 09:41 AM
Don't really see them beating the Warriors but its going to be a awesome series to watch either way.

UZER
04-26-2015, 10:00 AM
I don't think the grizz will win, but they will play physically and mentally tough. I just was the warriors to use a little gas before the WCF.

Mori Chu
04-26-2015, 10:25 AM
Don't underestimate them Grizz. Warriors only have one big man and he's a creaky Aussie made of glass. Bogut will be banged up by Game 2. And yeah the Warriors shoot lights out, but the Grizz have 2-3 great perimeter defenders in their rotation, so they won't be giving away easy looks.

K...
04-26-2015, 11:52 AM
Oh yes plz, if you don't win at least harm bogut. We'd have such a better offense without him. After coming off of the rockets the spurs could use a clear big manadvantage. Nothing better is seeing throwback Duncan domination in the deep playoffs. Except maybe full power booboo.

Spurs 4 The Win
04-26-2015, 11:59 AM
Don't underestimate them Grizz. Warriors only have one big man and he's a creaky Aussie made of glass. Bogut will be banged up by Game 2. And yeah the Warriors shoot lights out, but the Grizz have 2-3 great perimeter defenders in their rotation, so they won't be giving away easy looks.

Grizz suck dick, Spurs would sweep them

Spurs9
04-26-2015, 12:12 PM
Grizz suck dick, Spurs would sweep them
Remember 2011

Spurs 4 The Win
04-26-2015, 12:26 PM
Remember 2011

Remember 2013

ElNono
04-26-2015, 12:32 PM
don't see dem bears winning, tbh

SpurSwag
04-26-2015, 01:47 PM
Personally I can't see the Grizz winning, but they surprise me every post season so we'll see. Tony Allen would be so valuable in this series if he just learned how to shoot the ball tbh, cuz they really need him out there for defensive purposes

FkLA
04-26-2015, 01:58 PM
Too bad they don't have Beverly to slow down Enrique.

Brah, Enrique is averaging like 5 ppg on 25% shooting against the Clips. He'll probably be duking it out with Prigioni to see who can hit double digits first tbh.

Killakobe81
04-26-2015, 06:10 PM
Conley has multiple facial fractures. Tony allen is not 100% healthy either. Dubbs win in 6, maybe 5. While spurs probably win in 7 ... Spurs only have themselves to blame ... could have beat Mavs in 5 games or less.

Shane27
04-26-2015, 06:16 PM
The Grizz just don't have the offense to hang with the dubs. Their offense stalls for too long imo.

This. Too many Jeff Green Iso's and long contested 2's by gasol

timtonymanu
04-26-2015, 06:21 PM
Looking really good for them Dubs.

Floyd Pacquiao
04-26-2015, 06:26 PM
Grizzlies have no shot. None.
Their offense is horrendous

apalisoc_9
04-27-2015, 02:27 PM
if you're a grizz fan, you gotta hope the grizz lose tonight to extend conley's time to recover before playing against GSW...