PDA

View Full Version : Etan Thomas shares incredible story about Tim Duncan

spursparker9
04-26-2015, 03:33 AM
https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/ap_spurs_wizards_2011851-e1429986580400.jpg?w=1000&h=763

“Here is my Tim Duncan story

So we’re playing the Spurs and I get the ball on the post. I inside pivot and sweep to the middle for my jump hook and he blocks it. So as we are running down the court he says to me “that was a good move but you have to get more into my body so you can either draw the foul or I can’t block it”.

So I didn’t know if he was talking noise or what so just kind of looked at him confused and said ok. Then, a few plays later I did it again got more into his body and he couldn’t block it. I missed the shot and he looked at me and said much better and kept playing lol. I remember calling my boy Zee Chilton and telling him this story lol Tim Duncan is honestly one of the nicest guys in the NBA and one of the best power forwards ever. Respect”

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/04/etan-thomas-tim-duncan-story

z0sa
04-26-2015, 03:55 AM
Tim giving other pros lessons in fundamentals :lol

spursparker9
04-26-2015, 04:28 AM

:lol in contrast, Kevin Garnett will only talk trash

LoneStarState'sPride
04-26-2015, 04:49 AM

GOAT doing GOAT things, tbh :toast

z0sa
04-26-2015, 05:27 AM
:lol in contrast, Kevin Garnett will only talk trash

Hey, anything is possible.

SupremeGuy
04-26-2015, 05:33 AM
Tim Duncan stories are funny as shit, tbh. lol

McFudpucker
04-26-2015, 07:33 AM
That's even better than some of the stories about Duncan on The Onion.

look_at_g_shred
04-26-2015, 07:36 AM
:tu

buttsR4rebounding
04-26-2015, 09:24 AM
My Tim Duncan story: During the 1999 lockout the Spurs' players use Full Life Fitness Center to informally practice. One evening I go to play BB bringing my 9 year old son with me. I go in the gym and everyone is on one side of half court and Tim is shooting down the other end. As we are shooting at one of the side baskets a ball bounces down toward Tim. My son runs down to get it and Tim says, "Hey little man, you want to play one-on-one? Here, you take it first." He lets my son dribble in for a lay-up and says "Good shot, you win." My son comes back on Cloud 9. I know he will never forget it.

EVAY
04-26-2015, 09:28 AM
GOAT doing GOAT things, tbh :toast

EVAY
04-26-2015, 09:28 AM
My Tim Duncan story: During the 1999 lockout the Spurs' players use Full Life Fitness Center to informally practice. One evening I go to play BB bringing my 9 year old son with me. I go in the gym and everyone is on one side of half court and Tim is shooting down the other end. As we are shooting at one of the side baskets a ball bounces down toward Tim. My son runs down to get it and Tim says, "Hey little man, you want to play one-on-one? Here, you take it first." He lets my son dribble in for a lay-up and says "Good shot, you win." My son comes back on Cloud 9. I know he will never forget it.

What a cool story. Thanks.

lmbebo
04-26-2015, 09:30 AM

Those are great stories. Did that with Shannon Anderson (while in college and visiting SA) and David Robinson's younger brother back in the day. Things like that you never forget. Best was playing some video game with Sean Elliott at the old arcade (the Castle?). Kids lined up to play with him and he just popped in quarters.

spursparker9
04-26-2015, 09:34 AM

:lol

Psychopath Kobe would have dunk the shit out of your kid

DMX7
04-26-2015, 09:38 AM
GOAT just doing GOAT things.

xellos88330
04-26-2015, 09:41 AM
My Tim Duncan story: During the 1999 lockout the Spurs' players use Full Life Fitness Center to informally practice. One evening I go to play BB bringing my 9 year old son with me. I go in the gym and everyone is on one side of half court and Tim is shooting down the other end. As we are shooting at one of the side baskets a ball bounces down toward Tim. My son runs down to get it and Tim says, "Hey little man, you want to play one

He was always there at Full Life fitness. I have a similar story with a couple of my buddies from high school. We went to play basketball there just for a change of pace from our usual court haunts and we wound up playing a couple of games with Tim. He taught me all about spacing the court and off ball movement with a big down low in the post. When I was on his team, of course we won. When I wasn't, I never ate so much leather in my life lol!!! It was a hell of a time.

buttsR4rebounding
04-26-2015, 09:42 AM

Psychopath Kobe would have dunk the shit out of your kid

CGD
04-26-2015, 10:18 AM
Awesome

itzsoweezee
04-26-2015, 12:29 PM
https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/ap_spurs_wizards_2011851-e1429986580400.jpg?w=1000&h=763

one of the best power forwards ever. Respect”

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/04/etan-thomas-tim-duncan-story

Fuck that

LoneStarState'sPride
04-26-2015, 12:33 PM

That is very cool :tu

SpurPadre
04-26-2015, 01:03 PM
Not as funny as Brent Barry's incredible story about Tony Parker, tbh.