PDA

View Full Version : Comparing Cojo's 4th season with George Hill's 4th

Mr Bones
04-26-2015, 02:05 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&y1=2012&p1=hillge01&y2=2015&p2=josepco01&p3=&p4=&p5=&p6=

All of their numbers (per 36/ per 100 possessions/ Advanced/ ORtg/ DRtg) are remarkably similar, but Cojo was a couple of years younger in his 4th season than Hill.

AFBlue
04-26-2015, 02:09 PM
Gonna be sad to see him somewhere else next year....been a real gamer and professional his entire time here. Hopefully the Spurs are able to get something in return for him, a la Hill-for-Kawhi.

Pauleta14
04-26-2015, 02:10 PM
It's tough to judge with the way Pop manages the playing time, the injuries...

+ George was the only back up, Cojo has to deal with Patty

Overall, I think George is more talented, but it's subjective tbh..

04-26-2015, 02:14 PM
The only thing George Hill had over cojo was his 3 point shooting. Other than that, it's not like Hill could dribble either, and CoJo is the better slasher.

Mr Bones
04-26-2015, 02:17 PM
The only thing George Hill had over cojo was his 3 point shooting. Other than that, it's not like Hill could dribble either, and CoJo is the better slasher.

Cojo's 3pt% has increased every year he has been in the league: Small sample size, but still an encouraging stat. His college 3pt% was very good too (41.7%).

will_spurs
04-26-2015, 02:20 PM
Thanks for bringing that up. I thought myabe GHill's number were down a bit because it was his first year in Indiana with a new team, new coach, new system, but actually his numbers per 36 improved across the board (more assists, more rebounds, fewer TOs, and fewer points). I also thought maybe his job was harder because he was a starter, but he wasn't. He started only 9 games out of 50 that season. And his per 36 numbers weren't significantly different during the next season with IND when he started 76 games.

I also hadn't realized that CoJo had averaged 18mpg over 79 games this season. It's not insignificant. I don't know if you've heard one of the announcers of Game 3 (I had the ESPN feed I think) say that CoJo had asked Pop to be sent to the D-League to get some playing time, and Pop commented it was the first time ever that a player requested to be sent the DL. I can only imagine it was viewed positively by Pop. CoJo, much like other end of bench players, seems to have bought into the Spurs concept and is cheering from the sidelines (I still laugh mentally every time I visualize him skipping in unison with Ayres after Griffin's costly TO).

I also also hadn't realized that CoJo was only 23. He seems to have been around since, well, forever. He still has plenty of time to mature. CoJo at 27 could very well be a very interesting player for the Spurs.

Good job picking that up :tu

will_spurs
04-26-2015, 02:20 PM
It's tough to judge with the way Pop manages the playing time, the injuries...

+ George was the only back up, Cojo has to deal with Patty

GHill was already playing for Indiana in his 4th season. So that doesn't really apply.

04-26-2015, 02:27 PM
Cojo's 3pt% has increased every year he has been in the league: Small sample size, but still an encouraging stat. His college 3pt% was very good too (41.7%).

I always thought he had a solid jumper, but he passes up wide open 3pt shots so I guess he's not allowed to shoot.

Pauleta14
04-26-2015, 02:27 PM
GHill was already playing for Indiana in his 4th season. So that doesn't really apply.

yep, my bad I didn't read closely enough.. ^^

RD2191
04-26-2015, 02:28 PM
:wakeup

Mel_13
04-26-2015, 02:30 PM
Most seem to think that Joseph will be cast aside as the Spurs try to create a max salary slot. I still believe it's far more likely that they'll tender the QO and match offers that approach the MLE. I believe that they'll also tender the QO to Baynes.

Good thread, btw.

Mr Bones
04-26-2015, 02:32 PM
I also hadn't realized that CoJo was only 23. He seems to have been around since, well, forever. He still has plenty of time to mature. CoJo at 27 could very well be a very interesting player for the Spurs.

Yeah, his age is surprising. I always liked Hill, but his one issue for me was always over-dribbling. He's gotten much better at that, and it seems that if Cojo improved in that regard, he'd become much more valuable.

Pauleta14
04-26-2015, 02:39 PM
Most seem to think that Joseph will be cast aside as the Spurs try to create a max salary slot. I still believe it's far more likely that they'll tender the QO and match offers that approach the MLE. I believe that they'll also tender the QO to Baynes.

Good thread, btw.

Man, so many things can happened this summer it's insane when you try to make scenarios...

I can see Pop and RC do the max to keep Cojo because of his age, work ethic and upside

But before him tho, my main worry is to keep Danny, assuming Kawhi deal won't be an issue. We have Patty under contract and Tony can't be worst imo..

04-26-2015, 03:51 PM
Edit: wrong thread