PDA

View Full Version : Free Throws....free throws......free throws.....f***.....

Skull-1
04-26-2015, 04:57 PM
Ten missed so far....

Skull-1
04-27-2015, 01:44 AM
Bumped, since people can't seem to live with just one thread per topic. Smh.

TheGreatYacht
04-27-2015, 04:20 AM
Idk what the fuck has gotten into this team all of a sudden with free throws. Mills seems like the only guy who shoots them with balls and not bricks

Cklbmk
04-27-2015, 04:28 AM
Fuck tony parkers inability to shoot free throws and pass to Kawhi. His 2nd half was cringe worthy

Skull-1
04-27-2015, 04:29 AM
No doubt. Really irritating. TP and TD missed eight, four in a row....

Cklbmk
04-27-2015, 04:43 AM
No doubt. Really irritating. TP and TD missed eight, four in a row....

I want my title to be K LEonard homer.. :(

Skull-1
04-27-2015, 05:10 AM
I want my title to be K LEonard homer.. :(

:tu

sananspursfan21
04-27-2015, 06:07 AM
Hack a Parker, Hack a Diaw, Hack a Manu...

DarrinS
04-27-2015, 06:46 AM
Hack a Parker, Hack a Diaw, Hack a Manu...

Tim, too

james evans
04-27-2015, 06:55 AM
I don't know why teams don't just foul us and put our players at the line. We can't seem to hit freethrows either outside of Patty Hearst.

twincam
04-27-2015, 08:34 AM
Ten missed so far....

Agreed. I cringe when I see certain ones at the charity stripe.

Parker: Always seems to find the back iron for a thumping brick bounce
Duncan: Finds a way to either nip the front iron or have it roll out with glee
Ginobili: Loves finding the side iron
Diaw: Enjoys freedom ball bouncing at all angles

Its the little things that get you.

Sean Cagney
04-27-2015, 08:45 AM
All damn year long....

EVAY
04-27-2015, 08:52 AM
All damn year long....

Admittedly bad all year, but not at epidemic level like during this series. This is ABSURD!!

I've seen it before with the Spurs in the playoffs, though. Remember the year that Pop said "the next guy to miss a free throw has to buy me a car?"

It is a mental weakness in the team, imo. And no one is immune. Gino used to be golden at the line, but he is almost a guaranteed 50% now. Kawhi is inconsistent, and always has been. Even Green, who is the best on the team, has been missing in these playoffs. Tim has always been questionable, but Tony used to be fairly good. Now, when either Tim or Tony goes to the line you don't know if you are going to get two misses or two makes.

Skull-1
04-27-2015, 10:22 AM

Lol! Right on the money here.

All damn year long....

All franchise long really. Tim has always had that horrible, pigeon toed, no-arc FT stroke. The crowd goes nuts when he makes one because we are always holding our breath in fear.

Even Manu, who was easily (or at least seemingly) 90 percent plus for most of his career, has taken a dive at the stripe. Doesn't bode well.

Skull-1
04-27-2015, 10:24 AM
Admittedly bad all year, but not at epidemic level like during this series. This is ABSURD!!

I've seen it before with the Spurs in the playoffs, though. Remember the year that Pop said "the next guy to miss a free throw has to buy me a car?"

It is a mental weakness in the team, imo. And no one is immune. Gino used to be golden at the line, but he is almost a guaranteed 50% now. Kawhi is inconsistent, and always has been. Even Green, who is the best on the team, has been missing in these playoffs. Tim has always been questionable, but Tony used to be fairly good. Now, when either Tim or Tony goes to the line you don't know if you are going to get two misses or two makes.

Freethrows have always been a problem for us. Having cost us a championship you would think guys would practice these more...take them seriously...

Sean Cagney
04-27-2015, 01:55 PM

Yep, agreed on the mental weakness part. If there is a weak spot on the Spurs it is FT shooting, one can exploit that too IMO. Remember game 6, those FT's reared their head as well then. 2003 a few times they were horrible as well, it goes that far back from the FT line. It seems the Spurs jersey is just cursed with those damn FT's :lol

Gino used to be automatic, now it's 1-2 as you said. Kawhi can miss as well and don't get me started on Tony, he will miss 2 in a row or three at times. I remember last years playoffs against Dallas in game 6 when they started their run he missed 3 in a row in the game! That basically the turning point. Patty seems the only one who can sink them now consistently. Tim you know is a big man and they can be shaky at the line most of the time, but guards for Gods sakes? Ridiculous.

Sean Cagney
04-27-2015, 01:57 PM
Lol! Right on the money here.

All franchise long really. Tim has always had that horrible, pigeon toed, no-arc FT stroke. The crowd goes nuts when he makes one because we are always holding our breath in fear.

Even Manu, who was easily (or at least seemingly) 90 percent plus for most of his career, has taken a dive at the stripe. Doesn't bode well.

I agree on all franchise long, just posted that above before I read this. This goes back to the 03 days even, yes that long ago FT's have been biting them (Game one 2003 it started before the Marbury bank shot).

Skull-1
04-27-2015, 03:10 PM
I agree on all franchise long, just posted that above before I read this. This goes back to the 03 days even, yes that long ago FT's have been biting them (Game one 2003 it started before the Marbury bank shot).

For sure. It cost us one ring outright, along with a shot or two at some more. Awful. Make six of the ten and it is a competitive game with pressure on LAC.

Budkin
04-27-2015, 03:22 PM
Chip Engelland ought to be downright embarrassed.

Skull-1
04-27-2015, 04:26 PM
Chip Engelland ought to be downright embarrassed.

For sure. I seem to recall the Mavs placing serious emphasis on the FT under Nelson. Maybe we can get their coach?

(I ran into Nelson in Phoenix once back in the early 2000s. "Go Spurs go, right coach?" He said nothing. Owen Wilson was with him and when I shook Wilson's hand it was like a cold....dead fish. Weird impression.)

SASdynasty!
04-27-2015, 04:31 PM

This is a perfect description.

Arcadian
04-27-2015, 04:34 PM

Yet he's a 70% career FT shooter. Not bad at all, especially for a 7-footer who loves to use glass and shoot from angles. I can see why FTs would be awkward for him.

Skull-1
04-27-2015, 04:47 PM
Yet he's a 70% career FT shooter. Not bad at all, especially for a 7-footer who loves to use glass and shoot from angles. I can see why FTs would be awkward for him.

Physics man. Arc.

The front of the rim isn't glass. It is a horrid angle. Mr. Fundamental is epic fail in this category. I am betting DRob was better and he is taller.

Arcadian
04-27-2015, 07:05 PM
Physics man. Arc.

The front of the rim isn't glass. It is a horrid angle. Mr. Fundamental is epic fail in this category. I am betting DRob was better and he is taller.

Yeah, that's why FTs are awkward for him. He likes to use glass from side angles.

70% isn't an epic fail, though. It's just mediocre. And he did shoot 80% in two seasons. But yes, Robinson was a better FT shooter.

Skull-1
04-28-2015, 05:01 AM
Yeah, that's why FTs are awkward for him. He likes to use glass from side angles.

70% isn't an epic fail, though. It's just mediocre. And he did shoot 80% in two seasons. But yes, Robinson was a better FT shooter.

Well said.

Skull-1
05-04-2015, 04:09 PM
Bump. Just to make a point.

Darius Bieber
05-04-2015, 04:41 PM
If I believe my math is correct, Spurs left 57 points on the court with missed free throws. That's 8 points a game lost.

Skull-1
05-04-2015, 05:04 PM
If I believe my math is correct, Spurs left 57 points on the court with missed free throws. That's 8 points a game lost.

Abysmal. We lost a championship over this already. When will they ever make this a priority?

Dex
05-04-2015, 05:16 PM
Abysmal. We lost a championship over this already. When will they ever make this a priority?

They have one of, if not the best shooting coach in the league and were were 4th in the NBA in FT% this year.

Unfortunately, that all means dick if you can't hit them when they matter. Spurs were the third-WORST FT-shooting team in the playoffs at an abysmal 68%...10% lower than their season average and would have been 2nd worst compared to season averages.

Sometimes the goddamn ball just doesn't go in the goddamn hole.

therealtruth
05-04-2015, 07:40 PM
Also fastbreaks. It's like they didn't know how to run a fastbreak. Those are easy points like FT. You can't leave easy points on the table.

Skull-1
05-05-2015, 04:35 AM
They have one of, if not the best shooting coach in the league and were were 4th in the NBA in FT% this year.

Unfortunately, that all means dick if you can't hit them when they matter. Spurs were the third-WORST FT-shooting team in the playoffs at an abysmal 68%...10% lower than their season average and would have been 2nd worst compared to season averages.

Sometimes the goddamn ball just doesn't go in the goddamn hole.

So they choked...

Skull-1
05-05-2015, 04:36 AM
Also fastbreaks. It's like they didn't know how to run a fastbreak. Those are easy points like FT. You can't leave easy points on the table.

That is also true. So many flubbed fast breaks. Maybe they're just tired. It is hard to fourpeat...and in effect this was our fourth run after three long ones.

Dex
05-05-2015, 08:22 AM
So they choked...

Pretty much.

Skull-1
05-05-2015, 08:56 AM
Pretty much.

:bang