PDA

View Full Version : Official Game 4 Loss Meltdown Thread

BatManu20
04-26-2015, 05:11 PM
Shit game. Clips wanted it more from the get-go, and it showed.

We looked old as balls, Danny was horrible, Tiago was horrible, Parker sucked in the 2nd half, missed FT's, not going to Kawhi enough down the stretch, Pop playing stupid mind games and out-coaching himself, etc. Just a shit game overall.

Need to regroup and win Game 5.

:flag:

Darius Bieber
Series = over

Floyd Pacquiao
Pop is a faggot

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
04-26-2015, 05:12 PM
Floyd Pac is a faggot

timtonymanu
04-26-2015, 05:13 PM
Went from the favorites of the series to likely losing in 7.

This Spurs team is just too inconsistent. And it looks like Tiago's vagina is sore again.

loveforthegame
Leonard isn't a max player.

NASpurs
Someone bump the LaMarcus thread... should provide temporary (false) relief in the meantime.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
Spurs have come back from worse situations. Last year they were down 2-1 to Dallas in the first round. Spurs will win games 5 and 6, I'm confident of that. This will wake everyone up finally.

Raven
04-26-2015, 05:14 PM
pop is being a control freak when there is really no need. The result is messing up the rythm.

NASpurs
04-26-2015, 05:14 PM
Went from the favorites of the series to likely losing in 7.

This Spurs team is just too inconsistent. And it looks like Tiago's vagina is sore again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUjMwiOm8sA

Darius Bieber
04-26-2015, 05:15 PM
Spurs have come back from worse situations. Last year they were down 2-1 to Dallas in the first round. Spurs will win games 5 and 6, I'm confident of that. This will wake everyone up finally.

Not the same scenario. Spurs are done. Series is over. So called "Dynasty" is over.

1. They had HCA throughout the playoffs last year.
2. LA is better than Dallas.
3. Spurs suck.

urunobili
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs6/i/2005/115/7/e/__Jump_Off_a_Cliff___Emoticon_by_neek_zique.gif

timmy2003
game 5 is a must win game

Texas_Ranger
04-26-2015, 05:17 PM
The Spurs don't look good as last year and with Parker, Green and Shitter playing like they are this team has no shot. Even if they defeat the Clippers, who I think are really not that great cause they have just 5 guys that can actualy play basketball (6 now that we made Austin Rivers the new MJ) I don't think they would win it. So who cares if they get out in the first round, the second or the third. Last year was great tho.

SanDiegoSpursFan
04-26-2015, 05:17 PM
3rd string needs to not suck theres no way Austin busts his nut today if he doesn't get the opportunity to chuck at the end of game 3.

Hack-a-Jordan seems like a great idea at times but it backfires in other ways. Clippers were able to get 12 points in the last 2 minutes of the quarter despite only scoring 18 in the previous 10.

Malik Hairston
04-26-2015, 05:18 PM
Why are people giving Duncan a pass? He was absolutely horrendous tonight, despite playing better in the 2nd half..he was arguably the worst defender on the floor, including Mills/Parker, tbh..

Spurs21Fan4Ever
04-26-2015, 05:19 PM
Not the same scenario. Spurs are done. Series is over. So called "Dynasty" is over.

3. Spurs suck.
Spurs sucked against Dallas last year. Tiago was playing like a coward, but once game 7 hit the team woke up. I have no reason to believe this team won't wake up again. On the positive, Parker looked better, I mean I know 90% of posters refuse to give him credit, but he was able to get to the hoop and that's a promising sign. Green's threeball will wake up, Leonard will continue to dominate, and Pop and the team will make the proper adjustments to come out ready for game 5. I have no reason to doubt this team. My biggest fears are Ginobili's boneheaded plays and Diaw's lack of a perimeter shot.

HI-FI
04-26-2015, 05:20 PM
I had a bad feeling they'd lose this. So typical. Officiating was garbage but that was expected, you can see the shekelsteining from a mile. Once ESPN started showing how Paul was warming up, I prepared for the worst.

Parker continues to be a giant black hole, other than keeping Becky happy I don't see what value he brings.

Mugen
04-26-2015, 05:22 PM
:lol absolutely pussy effort from anyone not named Kawhi tonight. That's from the Big 3, Green, Tiago, right down to Potface......

ducks
Need to hit free throws

Budkin
Why are people giving Duncan a pass? He was absolutely horrendous tonight, despite playing better in the 2nd half..he was arguably the worst defender on the floor, including Mills/Parker, tbh..

Because he was amazing in Game 2 that's why. Other guys should have stepped up.

BatManu20
04-26-2015, 05:23 PM
Best of 3 now. Time to nut up or shut up.

ducks
04-26-2015, 05:23 PM
This is like mavs last year

Richie
04-26-2015, 05:24 PM
Manu and Green giving Paul EIGHT free throws in the bonus situation on stupid fouls 40 ft from the rim is unforgivable in this game.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
04-26-2015, 05:25 PM
Manu and Green giving Paul EIGHT free throws in the bonus situation on stupid fouls 40 ft from the rim is unforgivable in this game.
Yes, those two will wake up in game 5, I'm confident of that.

EVAY
04-26-2015, 05:31 PM
Our bench has to be better than 6 points better than their bench. Today we were not.

For LA to win the series, CP has to play as well as he did today every minute of every game. He came damn close to fouling out and probably should have. He will not be called for that many fouls on his home court, imo.

I believe that our bench will beat theirs in game 5. What I don't know is if our starters can stop Paul again.

Rivers went 6 for 6 against Mills. You can't lay that off on anybody else. We need to figure something out here because we need Mills' energy but we need a decent defender on Rivers. The Clips made their biggest run when Mills was in. I don't pretend to know what the answer is, but I know that we CAN win. Unfortunately, I also know that we can lose this thing.

mexicanjunior
04-26-2015, 05:41 PM

3. Spurs suck.

Truth...

Seventyniner
04-26-2015, 05:44 PM

Hating Duncan isn't a popular schtick, that's why. You know the drill by now, all the blame gets put on Parker. He deserves some but he has somehow become a lightning rod on this board.

UZER
04-26-2015, 05:45 PM
Our bench has to be better than 6 points better than their bench. Today we were not.

For LA to win the series, CP has to play as well as he did today every minute of every game. He came damn close to fouling out and probably should have. He will not be called for that many fouls on his home court, imo.

I believe that our bench will beat theirs in game 5. What I don't know is if our starters can stop Paul again.

Rivers went 6 for 6 against Mills. You can't lay that off on anybody else. We need to figure something out here because we need Mills' energy but we need a decent defender on Rivers. The Clips made their biggest run when Mills was in. I don't pretend to know what the answer is, but I know that we CAN win. Unfortunately, I also know that we can lose this thing.

He's a mini Westbrook out there. He bitches after every single call. If you steal the ball from him he just turns around and starts hacking and the refs won't call it. Plus every time you get near him it's a foul.

EVAY
04-26-2015, 06:46 PM
He's a mini Westbrook out there. He bitches after every single call. If you steal the ball from him he just turns around and starts hacking and the refs won't call it. Plus every time you get near him it's a foul.

Agree completely. I've never understood how he gets away with his bitching and his fouling without it being called. It seems to me that the NBA and the media would love to see a WCF between the advertisement darlings of Curry, Paul and Griffin.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but if that WCF matchup occurs, I will not be surprised and I will root for the Warriors.

Russ
04-26-2015, 06:52 PM

I think he's getting tired -- wearing down.

He may rally. If not the Spurs could be cooked.

spurraider21
04-26-2015, 07:31 PM
The meltdown is real... as seen through today's version of Thread Spam

robdiaz...

http://i.gyazo.com/764cf4f964d0cdaa9fe8fad4a0551c34.png

edit: he's added 1 more since i posted this :lol

dabom...

http://i.gyazo.com/8b1f62bedfbefe6a9d05ea0c977f0784.png

everyone's "favorite" thread spammer, apalisoc...

http://i.gyazo.com/b266e22f6363fe78ef363bf55a56e41f.png

13 threads between these guys since the final buzzer :lol

tholdren
04-26-2015, 08:25 PM
Agree completely. I've never understood how he gets away with his bitching and his fouling without it being called. It seems to me that the NBA and the media would love to see a WCF between the advertisement darlings of Curry, Paul and Griffin.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but if that WCF matchup occurs, I will not be surprised and I will root for the Warriors.

You really dont think that the players with the advertisements dont get calls? Remember in the end, this is entertainment. Im not saying it's completely rigged, but come on man.

Agloco
04-26-2015, 08:28 PM
This is like mavs last year

Keep telling yourself that.

Lerojo
04-26-2015, 09:08 PM
Cliff jumping is for beta males and other assorted fags.

TD 21
04-26-2015, 09:30 PM

Maybe because Duncan is ancient, always plays hard and has carried an obscene workload in this series and all season in general, because your boy can't stay healthy for more than a few weeks and can't play more than a few minutes without looking like he needs an oxygen mask.

Malik Hairston
04-26-2015, 09:35 PM
Maybe because Duncan is ancient, always plays hard and has carried an obscene workload in this series and all season in general, because your boy can't stay healthy for more than a few weeks and can't play more than a few minutes without looking like he needs an oxygen mask.

Who is my boy?

Tim is by far my favorite player of all-time, but he shouldn't get a pass when his flaws are exposed..sometimes we have to accept that we're relying on a 39-year old to play a huge role for this team, and there are nights where he's going to look his age..

benstanfield
04-26-2015, 09:44 PM
Some of the dumbest most unwatchable basketball I've ever seen. You would think we were a young lottery team...

benstanfield
04-26-2015, 09:49 PM
I've watched 95% of games since 2011 and only ever turned off a couple regular season blowouts. I straight up turned off a spurs playoff game today, that was such horseshit basketball on both ends

spurs10
04-26-2015, 09:50 PM
There is a game on Tuesday and another one :flag:Thursday. If you think this team is going to lay down for the Clips you are mistaken. It's not over yet.

benstanfield
04-26-2015, 09:51 PM
Manu shouldn't play more than 20mpg going forward until he gives us something more that turnovers and autistic fouls

TD 21
04-26-2015, 10:11 PM
Who is my boy?

Tim is by far my favorite player of all-time, but he shouldn't get a pass when his flaws are exposed..sometimes we have to accept that we're relying on a 39-year old to play a huge role for this team, and there are nights where he's going to look his age..

Splitter.

You basically ended up making my point for me. It's fine to point out flaws, but why criticize him for things (mobility/elevation) he can't control? When he struggles, it's almost always due to those reasons and like I said, there was good reason for it, considering the short turnaround and obscene workload.

BillMc
04-26-2015, 10:25 PM
There is a game on Tuesday and another one :flag:Thursday. If you think this team is going to lay down for the Clips you are mistaken. It's not over yet.

Hell Yeah!

DMC
04-26-2015, 11:52 PM
The whole thing hinges on two people's heath issues: Tony and Tiago. You cannot have a gimpy starting PG and a gimpy starting center and expect to beat a fully healthy team who starts with HCA. I can happen, but injuries don't heal during the game.

Spursmania
04-27-2015, 12:03 AM
From the get go when we started missing free throws...seeing Green couldn't hit the side of a barn today...the defense couldn't get the steals and fast break points they thrived on last game you knew shit was going to hit the fan...officiating sucked but the Spurs made it easy for them with their lack of aggression to the basket and their stupid fouling of CP3 that blew the lid off the game.

TDfan2007
04-27-2015, 12:07 AM
Who is my boy?

:lol he gets a pass because he's playing better than anyone on the team not named Kawhi despite being 39 and playing on one leg against the most athletic big man duo in the league. Defensively this series he's done a fantastic job boxing Jordan out, taking away the lob, and contesting jumpshots. Today CP3 eviscerated every one of our bigs on the pnr, so it's not like Timmy was the only one bringing us down. If Timmy gives us 22 and 14 with 3 blocks and 2 steals, then he's more than done his part. If he does that AND shuts off the pnr, then you're talking about prime Timmy, and that guy isn't walking out of the tunnel ever again...

I'm starting to think that it might be better to just go under those CP3 screens instead of switching. He seems to shoot better with a few sizeup dribbles as opposed to just straight up pulling up for a jumper.

TDfan2007
04-27-2015, 12:08 AM
The whole thing hinges on two people's heath issues: Tony and Tiago. You cannot have a gimpy starting PG and a gimpy starting center and expect to beat a fully healthy team who starts with HCA. I can happen, but injuries don't heal during the game.

Agreed. It's definitely hurt our continuity. I'm starting to think that it'd be better for Tiago to just sit out.

pageC4
04-27-2015, 12:20 AM

advertisement darlings huh? Come on now. The sports world has three teams it absolutely loves: The Lakers, the Spurs, and any team that Lebron plays for. The Clippers have home court advantage, were the higher seed, yet every analyst in the NBA picked the Spurs to win. The Clippers are nowhere near to being some favored team. The Spurs on the other hand are one of the Titans of the NBA. They are a quiet group but lets not make the spurs out to be an underdog . If anything, the Clippers are the team the NBA and fans hate. The NBA would love the Finals to be Spurs vs Lebron

DMC
04-27-2015, 12:53 AM
advertisement darlings huh? Come on now. The sports world has three teams it absolutely loves: The Lakers, the Spurs, and any team that Lebron plays for. The Clippers have home court advantage, were the higher seed, yet every analyst in the NBA picked the Spurs to win. The Clippers are nowhere near to being some favored team. The Spurs on the other hand are one of the Titans of the NBA. They are a quiet group but lets not make the spurs out to be an underdog . If anything, the Clippers are the team the NBA and fans hate. The NBA would love the Finals to be Spurs vs Lebron
No they wouldn't. They've been down that road enough already. They want/need the high AS game vote getters to shine on the biggest stage in a 7 game series. The NBA knows that only Tim was in the AS game and even then only because he's Tim Duncan. The Finals MVP didn't even get enough votes to be in the game, injury or not (Kobe and Yao both got most votes while injured).

The NBA is interested in expanding it's audience. That's not going to happen by featuring a small market team that's always in the mix. It has to be Curry vs Lebron, or CP3 vs Lebron. Atlanta/SA would be the worst possible scenario for the NBA.

When the league is pushing the "hero ball" mantra as a good thing, when their ads routinely show individuals doing monkeyball shit instead team play, and when the majority of NBA commercials barely feature the team that's been in the Finals 2 years running, as the winningest record in professional sports, ad nauseum, if they feature them at all, you know it's just business. Companies routinely push their highest profit margin products, often don't spend much advertising their solid, long time performing legacy stuff.

Gervin44Silas13
04-27-2015, 07:14 AM
Fuck Danny Green! can we trade him for George Hill at least he would show up

pageC4
04-27-2015, 01:07 PM
No they wouldn't. They've been down that road enough already. They want/need the high AS game vote getters to shine on the biggest stage in a 7 game series. The NBA knows that only Tim was in the AS game and even then only because he's Tim Duncan. The Finals MVP didn't even get enough votes to be in the game, injury or not (Kobe and Yao both got most votes while injured). . If, by your logic, your all star conspiracy were true then the league would want the Spurs to go farther in the playoffs. Exhibit A:

Tim Duncan has 15 all star appearances
Tony parker has 6 all star appearances
Manu Ginobli has 2 all star appearances
Spurs current total all star appearances: 22
Blake Griffin 5 all star appearances
Chris Paul 4 all star appearances
Clippers current total all star appearances: 9

Also, the Spurs are more profitable than the Clippers. Exhibit B:

Most popular NBA jerseys: Tim Duncan #8

Blake Griffin # 10, Chris Paul #13

Most popular team merchandise: San Antonio Spurs #5 Los Angeles Clippers #10

http://www.nba.com/2015/news/01/12/nba-most-popular-jersey-official-release/

The NBA is interested in expanding it's audience. That's not going to happen by featuring a small market team that's always in the mix. It has to be Curry vs Lebron, or CP3 vs Lebron. Atlanta/SA would be the worst possible scenario for the NBA. You do realize that the Thunder are also a “small market team” right? Yet their players and team, just like yours, gross in the top ten in both individual jersey and team merchandise sales. That argument is flawed. The NBA gets a pretty penny from the Spurs. It is in the NBA’s best interest to have the Spurs in the playoffs.

When the league is pushing the "hero ball" mantra as a good thing, when their ads routinely show individuals doing monkeyball shit instead team play, and when the majority of NBA commercials barely feature the team that's been in the Finals 2 years running, as the winningest record in professional sports, ad nauseum, if they feature them at all, you know it's just business. Companies routinely push their highest profit margin products, often don't spend much advertising their solid, long time performing legacy stuff.
Also, marketers don’t feature commercials with Spurs players because of their shy, introverted nature. Consider any Popovich interview where he gives off the vibe that he want to be anywhere but giving an interview. Tim Duncan, TP, and Kawhii just don’t like the spot light. They are nice, soft spoken guys, but they don’t crave the advertisements. No one is stopping them from being in a KIA commercial. They choose to be left out of the marketing mix. There’s no conspiracy theory there.

Again, you want profit? You get Spurs players to do commercials; Spurs players and the team gross money. Check my link out. But this notion they there is a conspiracy against the Spurs is simply not true