PDA

View Full Version : Fluke shooting by Clippers + boneheaded plays by Spurs = Clipps W (aka "not worried")

TDfan2007
04-26-2015, 05:35 PM
Paul seemed to make 90% of his midrange shots, Griffin made most of his, and Rivers went nuclear on us. It's tough enough to win against those odds, but when you also commit idiotic foul after idiotic foul and play the hacking game for no fucking reason, then you're going to lose.

The Spurs have plenty to clean up, and if the Clipps can shoot like that for 2 more games, then you tip your hat and move on with life. I don't see it happening though.

Sidenote: watching a veteran team miss FT after FT, and make boneheaded play after boneheaded play, gets old. The Spurs looked like the December Spurs tonight. Unacceptable.

RD2191
04-26-2015, 05:38 PM
You better start practicing your hat tipping now cuz this shit is over.

mexicanjunior
04-26-2015, 05:39 PM

timtonymanu
04-26-2015, 05:40 PM
This has been the story all season when the Spurs lose. Here we are in the playoffs and they still have the same problem. It's motivation with this team. I just don't see the hunger in any of their eyes other than Duncan, Leonard, and Patty.

apalisoc_9
04-26-2015, 05:40 PM
This wasn't a fluke game from LA.

They outplayed the spurs

siraulo23
04-26-2015, 05:44 PM
except the clippers have HCA back and probably wont lose back to back home games

but I agree the clippers had more edge, Spurs started the game not having the same intensity as last game offensively and defensively

we'll have to see if the clippers are too much for the spurs and game 3 was a fluke/off night by the clippers

Clipper Nation
04-26-2015, 05:46 PM
Amazing how it's always "fluke shooting" when we win, but Game 3 somehow wasn't a fluke.

K...
04-26-2015, 05:47 PM
Good job from the clippers. They got bench contributions. Chris Paul is Chris Paul. Clippers deserve the win. Best of three. It's pretty clear these are stubborn teams. I don't see a collapse by the spurs. Game 5 will be brutal.

Chomag
04-26-2015, 05:48 PM
Fluke shooting by clippers? You do know they are one of the top offensive teams in the NBA right? :lol

100%duncan
Amazing how it's always "fluke shooting" when we win, but Game 3 somehow wasn't a fluke.

GG brah. Hope to have some dose of CPChoke come game 5 tbh

UZER
Spurs suck at early afternoon games. Period

Trainwreck2100
04-26-2015, 05:50 PM

Austin Rivers

TheGreatYacht
04-26-2015, 05:53 PM
OP is right. Flukey shooting. Austin Rivers went off

spurtech09
Also some help from the refs.....But that's just my opinion.......Refs missed acouple of calls for the spurs

spurtech09
OP is right. Flukey shooting. Austin Rivers went off
True.....very true

spurtech09
04-26-2015, 05:54 PM
Don't forget the help the refs gave the clips....Just saying

Mugen
04-26-2015, 05:55 PM
Nothing flukey about an elite offensive team hitting open shots. Game 3 was the fluke tbh. The Spurs were absolutely horrendous defensively tonight, one of the poorest games I've ever seen in the Kawhi/Danny/Slitter era.

Floyd Pacquiao
Shut the fuck up. Chris Paul, Demonkey, Tom Rivers and his son suck dick remember? You've been bitching it all series.

TDfan2007
Fluke shooting by clippers? You do know they are one of the top offensive teams in the NBA right? :lol

Austin Rivers is one of the worst players in the league, and he only missed one shot and outplayed Manu off the bench. Combine that with another atrocious FT shooting game by our guys that's your ballgame.

Also, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Paul/Griffin don't shoot that lights out from midrange 2 more times this series. Paul, especially, was incendiary. Dude was hitting everything he threw up.

TheGreatYacht
04-26-2015, 05:56 PM
Shut the fuck up. Chris Paul, Demonkey, Tom Rivers and his son suck dick remember? You've been bitching it all series.
Ether that nigga

TheGreatYacht
04-26-2015, 05:56 PM
True.....very true
We shouldn't be worried, at least not yet

TDfan2007
04-26-2015, 05:57 PM
Nothing flukey about an elite offensive team hitting open shots. Game 3 was the fluke tbh. The Spurs were absolutely horrendous defensively tonight, one of the poorest games I've ever seen in the Kawhi/Danny/Slitter era.

Paul was playing out of his mind. He's a great midrange shooter, but not as good as it appeared tonight. But really the biggest fluke was Rivers. I'd mention our FT shooting, but the more I think about it, that just seems to be a theme this season.

spurtech09
04-26-2015, 05:59 PM
You better start practicing your hat tipping now cuz this shit is over.Don't like saying this but I have to agree with you....The refs will decide this game....I can already see the NBA Finals....Warriors vs Cavs....Dude that's all I see on Espn.....Warriors this Warriors that.....

Darius Bieber
04-26-2015, 05:59 PM

Mugen
04-26-2015, 06:00 PM
Paul was playing out of his mind. He's a great midrange shooter, but not as good as it appeared tonight. But really the biggest fluke was Rivers. I'd mention our FT shooting, but the more I think about it, that just seems to be a theme this season.

If you give him those good looks, he's going to knock them down plain and simple. Defense was great in Game 3. It was the opposite in game 4. Hopefully they can regroup for Game 5 but nothing flukey about this game tbh.

Chomag
04-26-2015, 06:02 PM
Clippers are ranked 2nd in offensive ratings in the NBA, so I don't know where your comming from with "fluke shooting". Their team is stacked with players that can go off at any given time.

I do however agree with Rivers, but that was more Spurs fault then him going off.

Clipper Nation
04-26-2015, 06:03 PM
Ether that nigga

Tell me more about how happy you are that the Spurs lost, faggot :lmao

cd98
04-26-2015, 06:04 PM
I don't think it was a fluke. LA is good. Spurs will have to play great to win this series.

ElNono
04-26-2015, 06:04 PM
It's not hard to read what's happening. We can't play to outscore this team, we have to play defense and slow them down. The two games we won, we held them under 100 in regulation.

If we keep on giving up 30pt quarters, we're not going to win.

apalisoc_9
04-26-2015, 06:05 PM

LL cool joe..:lmao

DMC
04-26-2015, 06:06 PM
This has been the story all season when the Spurs lose. Here we are in the playoffs and they still have the same problem. It's motivation with this team. I just don't see the hunger in any of their eyes other than Duncan, Leonard, and Patty.

I didn't see any urgency tonight either, but Pop stopping the game every time he wanted to didn't help matters. It's a total team effort or it's a loss, doesn't matter why.

apalisoc_9
It's not hard to read what's happening. We can't play to outscore this team, we have to play defense and slow them down. The two games we won, we held them under 100 in regulation.

tell that to pop.......

RD2191

Yup. Spurraider21 said the reason we were losing is simply because of missing shots. That's bullshit, tbh. As you said, we're losing because the defense has been trash.

Malik Hairston
04-26-2015, 06:07 PM
Spurs have been outplayed in 3 of the 4 games, so far, tbh..they need to play a lot better to win this series, they have looked unimpressive outside of game 3..

AFBlue
04-26-2015, 06:07 PM

Right on point. Got to make stops. The missed freebies were maddening though.

Chomag
04-26-2015, 06:09 PM
Yup. Spurraider21 said the reason we were losing is simply because of missing shots. That's bullshit, tbh. As you said, we're losing because the defense has been trash. That analogy drives me up the wall "if Spurs would just make their shots they win" Well of course they would win just as every other team in the NBA would! lol

cd98
04-26-2015, 06:10 PM
Not fluky for the best offense in the NBA to have a good shooting night.

Clipper Nation
04-26-2015, 06:12 PM
Yup. Spurraider21 said the reason we were losing is simply because of missing shots. That's bullshit, tbh. As you said, we're losing because the defense has been trash.

To be fair, Philo isn't known for great takes, tbh. He also hates Kawhi, and he thought Struggle Wilson played a "damn good game" in the Super Bowl.

RD2191
04-26-2015, 06:13 PM
That analogy drives me up the wall "if Spurs would just make their shots they win" Well of course they would win just as every other team in the NBA would! lol
:lolright, I mean the team who makes more shots usually wins.

jdelar03
04-26-2015, 06:17 PM
There had to be one west series that would keep people interested spurs got this shot like shit half assed defense + some bad ref calls or no calls spurs will be alright great game by the clips see ya tuesday where we get hca back and seal it game six. It is what it is Kwahi needs to realize like duncan game 3 that he has to control both sides of the floor he is the new man and make FUCKING FREE THROWS EVERYBODY.

Agloco
04-26-2015, 06:39 PM
This wasn't a fluke game from LA.

They outplayed the spurs

This. They got really good looks all evening and buried most of them. Paul was in another world tonight.

z0sa
04-26-2015, 06:40 PM
There was flukiness involved. That said, if they fluked up on the Spurs homecourt, that fluke can be repeated on theirs.

jdelar03
04-26-2015, 07:43 PM
There had to be one west series that would keep people interested spurs got this shot like shit half assed defense + some bad ref calls or no calls spurs will be alright great game by the clips see ya tuesday where we get hca back and seal it game six. It is what it is Kwahi needs to realize like duncan game 3 that he has to control both sides of the floor he is the new man and make FUCKING FREE THROWS EVERYBODY.

DPG21920
04-26-2015, 07:52 PM
Spurs have been outplayed in 3 of the 4 games, so far, tbh..they need to play a lot better to win this series, they have looked unimpressive outside of game 3..

I disagree completely. Spurs, outside of GM1, have easily looked better. They create better offense and more consistently. The fact they are missing FT's, wide open 3's and layups doesn't mean Clips have outplayed the Spurs IMO. Outplayed means they either dominated or controlled games. Spurs should have been in control 3 of the games if they just didn't go cold.

DPG21920
04-26-2015, 07:53 PM
That analogy drives me up the wall "if Spurs would just make their shots they win" Well of course they would win just as every other team in the NBA would! lol

It's not about making all shots. It's about making the good looks a team's offense creates. Spurs offense has generated an all you can eat buffett of looks that they normally knock down at known statistical quantities.

DieHardSpursFan1537
04-26-2015, 07:54 PM

Stay classy.

ElNono
04-26-2015, 07:55 PM
I disagree completely. Spurs, outside of GM1, have easily looked better. They create better offense and more consistently. The fact they are missing FT's, wide open 3's and layups doesn't mean Clips have outplayed the Spurs IMO. Outplayed means they either dominated or controlled games. Spurs should have been in control 3 of the games if they just didn't go cold.

I thought today was the first game were we didn't move the ball all that great and we didn't get as many open looks. Hopefully, just the odd game out.

DPG21920
04-26-2015, 08:02 PM
I thought today was the first game were we didn't move the ball all that great and we didn't get as many open looks. Hopefully, just the odd game out.

I thought we moved the ball well enough to win. Spurs missed 10 FT's and 19 3PT :wow. I can recall at least 6-7 of those 3's that were wide open. But when you continually miss layups, 3's and FT's, it is deflating and it can lead to a lot more good possessions for Clips. I fully think this resembled game 2 but this time the Clips played well enough to pull away.

Mikeanaro
04-26-2015, 08:07 PM
The boneheaded plays were the issue, why they are so inconsistent? it makes think about that Suns series were the result was Spurs getting sweeped.
You can lose any day thats a fact but at least try to give your best.

florige
04-26-2015, 08:08 PM
Austin Rivers is one of the worst players in the league, and he only missed one shot and outplayed Manu off the bench. Combine that with another atrocious FT shooting game by our guys that's your ballgame.

Also, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Paul/Griffin don't shoot that lights out from midrange 2 more times this series. Paul, especially, was incendiary. Dude was hitting everything he threw up.

I kinda figured CP would go off after that horrible game 3 he had. But we can't expect to win this series if we continue to let the bums off their bench torch us for 16 and 17 points. That was the whole advantage we supposedly had over them in this series was our bench being far superior to their's.

Spurs 4 The Win
04-26-2015, 08:08 PM
Turning point was the 6 point swing where Tony missed a 3 after it rattled out and then Paul went down the floor and drained a 3 off the miss.

RD2191
04-26-2015, 08:10 PM
Turning point was the 6 point swing where Tony missed a 3 after it rattled out and then Paul went down the floor and drained a 3 off the miss.
Parker bricks are costly. I've been saying it for weeks now. The other team usually hits a big shot off of Parker bricks.

ElNono
04-26-2015, 08:10 PM
I thought we moved the ball well enough to win. Spurs missed 10 FT's and 19 3PT :wow. I can recall at least 6-7 of those 3's that were wide open. But when you continually miss layups, 3's and FT's, it is deflating and it can lead to a lot more good possessions for Clips. I fully think this resembled game 2 but this time the Clips played well enough to pull away.

I'll take your word for it.

jdelar03
04-26-2015, 08:14 PM

SupremeGuy
04-26-2015, 09:47 PM

Tell me more about how happy you are that the Spurs lost, faggot :lmaoDamn, what a bitch. No wonder his crush doesn't give him the time of day. :lol

RD2191
04-26-2015, 09:47 PM
Damn, what a bitch. No wonder his crush doesn't give him the time of day. :lol
:lol

RD2191
04-26-2015, 09:48 PM
:lol
the real thegreatyacht

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224580&page=4