PDA

View Full Version : Tiago & Danny....

Mugen
04-26-2015, 05:45 PM
Combined 0/11 and overall soft performances.....

Two of my favorite players on the team but zero excuses tonight, just absolutely shit the the bed tbh.

Discuss.

RD2191
04-26-2015, 05:46 PM
I can give Green a pass tbh. As good as Tiago is on defense his offensive game is absolute trash. I don't think I've ever seen a player miss so many shots around the rim.

TXstbobcat
04-26-2015, 05:47 PM
It just wasn't verdes day shooting the ball.

Lets hope he makes up for it by making it rain from beyond the arc in game 5.

Malik Hairston
04-26-2015, 05:48 PM
Green is going through his IcyHot stage at the wrong time, unfortunately, just like last year's Mavs series..hopefully he turns it around, as Paul continues to struggle against him..unfortunately, Pop can't keep him on the floor if he keeps missing, which allows Paul to dominate the smaller defenders against him..

Splitter just looked off today, not sure what happened there..

timtonymanu
04-26-2015, 05:51 PM
Looks like Tiago is still hurting. That performance looked like how bad he was when he was recovering and getting into rhythm.

crc21209
04-26-2015, 05:54 PM
I don't care if Green is missing, eventually...some will fall. His D on Paul is too damn important to keep him on the bench. Tony needs to realize his jumper isnt there at all right now. All he's good for is attacking the paint and 1.) Finishing or 2.) Passing/creating for an open teammate when he gets in the paint.

SpurPadre
04-26-2015, 05:55 PM
Looks like Tiago is still hurting. That performance looked like how bad he was when he was recovering and getting into rhythm.

I wouldn't use the injury excuse. His movement was fluid and didn't look compromised beyond his own natural limitations as a soft player on the offensive end.

spurraider21
04-26-2015, 05:55 PM
green wasn't anything special defensively today either. poor performance

Mugen
04-26-2015, 06:01 PM
green wasn't anything special defensively today either. poor performance

Yep. He was terrible all around today for most of the game.

siraulo23
04-26-2015, 06:03 PM
Green didnt get any good looks, splitter shoulda played more

BatManu20
04-26-2015, 06:07 PM
Tiago's poor performance was partially due to him not looking healthyhttp://cdncache-a.akamaihd.net/items/it/img/arrow-10x10.png (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/) imo, like he did when he was playing injured earlier in the season. But, regardless of that, his lack of athleticism usually makes him look this way against athletic teams like the Clips and OKC. He just really struggles against them. And he's so fucking soft, tbh.. Any little bump or nudge in the post and he ends up on the floor.

Tiago's on the wrong side of 30. Once Timmy hangs em up, I have a feeling his performance is going to fall off a cliff. He could be a guy we're trying really hard to trade next year imo. He'll only have one year left on his contract and could be good trade bait.

freetiago
04-26-2015, 06:12 PM
Splitter usually does well vs the Clippers tbh
Most of his injuries have happened when the Clippers monkeyballed him when he threw a pump fake and they jumped into him

Calf injury vs Blake in 2012 or 13 and a shoulder injury when Hollins monkeyed him

His misses were 2 forced shots and some missed contested tip ins and 1 block on a reverse layup
He still gets the offense moving setting good screens and making good passes

Green just has to make shots as hes getting good looks

DMC
04-26-2015, 06:14 PM
I'm betting Tony has an "undisclosed injury". You wait.

jag
04-26-2015, 06:17 PM
Tiago looks like trash. He has for most of the series.

spurtech09
04-26-2015, 06:18 PM
It just wasn't verdes day shooting the ball.

Lets hope he makes up for it by making it rain from beyond the arc in game 5.I know...Danny Green can't another bad game

AFBlue
04-26-2015, 06:19 PM
Green was garbage, but that's how he is...streaky good or streaky bad. Splitter has ALWAYS been soft around the rim. To expect anything different is the definition of insanity.

Mugen
04-26-2015, 06:22 PM
Green was garbage, but that's how he is...streaky good or streaky bad. Splitter has ALWAYS been soft around the rim. To expect anything different is the definition of insanity.

he was also terrible defensively committing a lot of stupid mistakes tbh.

RD2191
04-26-2015, 06:29 PM
Pop might need to start Marco in Game 5 tbh. He's been decent this series and the Spurs won't survive another bad DG shooting night. It's not like the Clips have major offensive threats outside of CP3 and Blake. Kawhi is on Reddick anyways. Double CP3 with Marco and Parker if you need to. CP probably skull fucks Marco in this situation but just my opinion.:lol

TheGoldStandard
04-26-2015, 06:30 PM
Need to let Green walk in the off season

Malik Hairston
04-26-2015, 06:32 PM
Pop might need to start Marco in Game 5 tbh. He's been decent this series and the Spurs won't survive another bad DG shooting night. It's not like the Clips have major offensive threats outside of CP3 and Blake. Kawhi is on Reddick anyways. Double CP3 with Marco and Parker if you need to. CP probably skull fucks Marco in this situation but just my opinion.:lol

Statistically, the Spurs' D sees a massive drop-off when Green is off the floor, tbh..further, the Parker-Belinelli duo was one of the worst defensive duos in the entire league from a numbers standpoint:lol..

z0sa
04-26-2015, 06:32 PM
Danny Green's O has been missing almost entirely since the Pels game, tbh. It is truly scary how much of a difference his shooting makes.

Tiago's just a big vagina, so it is hard to feel sorry for him.

RD2191
04-26-2015, 06:34 PM
Statistically, the Spurs' D sees a massive drop-off when Green is off the floor, tbh..further, the Parker-Belinelli duo was one of the worst defensive duos in the entire league from a numbers standpoint:lol..
Trust me, I know that. I just don't see any other option. Tbh. Marco's offensive game is levels above DGs.

glen907
04-26-2015, 06:43 PM
Pop need to leave green in there on paul at all times any shots he hits should be a bonus. The clippers defense plays better when their offense is going, slowing paul and in turn the clippers offense should be the #1 priority imo. This includes tiago it seems he and green got to the bench and pop is reluctant to go back to them. Green should be playing heavy minutes regardless of how he shooting hos defense is just to important with kawaii checking reddick

timtonymanu
04-26-2015, 06:45 PM

You my nigga, but hell no. :lol

The only adjustment to the starting lineup that makes sense is Tiago for Boris. Sucks that both of them have been non factors in this series so far.

RD2191
04-26-2015, 06:49 PM
You my nigga, but hell no. :lol

The only adjustment to the starting lineup that makes sense is Tiago for Boris. Sucks that both of them have been non factors in this series so far.
Believe in the Ferrari aka Italian stallion. Maybe he can channel his inner Rocky and win us a fight that seems like it's over.:lol

timtonymanu
04-26-2015, 06:52 PM
Believe in the Ferrari aka Italian stallion. Maybe he can channel his inner Rocky and win us a fight that seems like it's over.:lol

Hopefully he can channel his inner Rocky and injure the fat PG on our team, tbh.

RD2191
04-26-2015, 06:52 PM
Hopefully he can channel his inner Rocky and injure the fat PG on our team, tbh.
:lmao

Mugen
04-26-2015, 06:53 PM
If Danny lays another egg on the road, I fully expect Manu to start Game 6...

It's the only counter move Pop has had in his pocket the last 7 years tbh :lol

CGD
04-26-2015, 06:57 PM
Tiago had an underratedly poor game, including on defense. Force Pop to overuse Boris, who really can't guard Blake.

NASpurs
If Danny lays another egg on the road, I fully expect Manu to start Game 6...

It's the only counter move Pop has had in his pocket the last 7 years tbh :lol

Has the "soft" card been used yet?

Mugen
Has the "soft" card been used yet?

Only if ol' crater face wants to use it on himself tbh :lol

glen907
04-26-2015, 07:13 PM
It's crazy because guys are worried about the scoring when we gave up 114 points with cp3 dropping 34. beli,manu and bonner can't guard anyone anything they give on offense is cancelled out with horrible defense

Agloco
04-26-2015, 07:15 PM
As good as Tiago is on defense his offensive game is absolute trash. I don't think I've ever seen a player miss so many shots around the rim.

This. I've been saying the exact same thing for 3 years now. He's gotta be among the worst finishers I've seen period.

RD2191
04-26-2015, 07:18 PM
This. I've been saying the exact same thing for 3 years now. He's gotta be among the worst finishers I've seen period.
His game hasn't changed 1 bit since he's been here. You'd think a hall fame big would be able to teach him how to finish. It'd mind boggling how he still plays the exact same way.

rmt
04-26-2015, 07:23 PM
Offense was not a problem this game - defense was terrible - 114 is too much. Green needs to stay on the court against Paul. What drives me crazy is not when he misses 3s but when he passes off the back of the opponent. No dribbling and no crazy passing like that. Pop needs to stop with the deliberate fouling - puts everyone in foul trouble and they can play tight D and when Rivers takes off DJ - all the advantage is gone and they keep fouling excellent foul shooters.

Austin Rivers stepped up today though. Spurs played with no intensity today and Clips played like it was an elimination game.

glen907
04-26-2015, 07:35 PM
Spurs played with intensity to me it's just we kept our worse defenders in to long and when were playing from behind he goes for better scoring lineups that can't get stops. We gave up way to many easy ones and we can't let cp3 get in rhythm or this will continue to be the results

tholdren
04-26-2015, 08:21 PM
Splitter usually does well vs the Clippers tbh
Most of his injuries have happened when the Clippers monkeyballed him when he threw a pump fake and they jumped into him

Calf injury vs Blake in 2012 or 13 and a shoulder injury when Hollins monkeyed him

His misses were 2 forced shots and some missed contested tip ins and 1 block on a reverse layup
He still gets the offense moving setting good screens and making good passes

Green just has to make shots as hes getting good looks

Think about this... your're seven feet tall..... why the fuck are you doing a REVERSE LAYUP? And how does that get blocked. Tiago is shittier than Nazr.

Mikeanaro
04-26-2015, 08:28 PM
:lmao good one.