PDA

View Full Version : Pop vs Doc: Who has the coaching edge this series?

MultiTroll
04-26-2015, 06:30 PM
Not trolling. In fact hoping for the positive, at the same time keeping it real.
Game 3 was a beauty.
Game 4 he got worked by Tom Rivers and son. :depressed

Could Pop come back to any semblance of his 2014 Champ run coaching? His best imo.

100%duncan
04-26-2015, 06:31 PM
The Preacher. Never thought I'd live to see the day

spurraider21
04-26-2015, 06:56 PM
my main criticism of Pop in today's game was not going after Paul when he picked up his 5th. Paul committed that 5th foul with over 8 minutes to go in the game. outside of a 1 minute stretch when he sat out, they should have been going after him. instead Paul was scoring at will in the 4th and creating for others...

Doc made the obvious move and switched Paul onto Green, knowing Green can't attack. Considering that:

a) Green wasn't playing very good defense anyway
b) Green was ice cold and can't attack with the ball

i thought Green should have been pulled for another scorer... this is especially true when Mills was in the game instead of Parker. a mills/green backcourt can't really do anything off the dribble. in what is an unpopular opinion, i thought pop should have pulled Green for Marco or Manu and had them attack CP3 relentlessly, either forcing a foul or generating buckets.

i usually prefer Green gets the big, important minutes, but it was a situational thing with Paul having 5 fouls and playing so well on offense

apalisoc_9
04-26-2015, 06:59 PM
Tom River said

" Kawhi please gives us two more minutes"...He really did say this when Kawhi was checking in.
" kawhi please don't shoot" said this too..

Pop today

" Kawhi stop shooting"
" TP and TD two man game baby"

I say Rivers.

Mugen
04-26-2015, 07:01 PM
Hasn't even been close. The Clippers are a few Blake Griffin chokejobs from being up 3-1 this series....

Clippers were the more ready team heading into Game 1 and Game 4....

100%duncan
04-26-2015, 07:04 PM
Tom River said

" Kawhi please gives us two more minutes"...He really did say this when Kawhi was checking in.
" kawhi please don't shoot" said this too..

Pop today

" Kawhi stop shooting"
" TP and TD two man game baby"

I say Rivers.

:lmao

Budkin
04-26-2015, 07:06 PM
You guys are out of your fucking minds.

KaiRMD1
04-26-2015, 07:20 PM
With the way these rotations are looking, Pop is making Tom Rivers look great

DarrinS
04-26-2015, 07:22 PM
Did Pop really pull the hacka Jordan to put them into the bonus? Bizarre.

MultiTroll
04-26-2015, 10:27 PM
Can't recall but it seemed the few hacks they did on Jordan worked, 0-4.
Not sure why Pop abandoned completely today vs used ad nauseum in Gm 2.

cd98
04-26-2015, 11:07 PM
Hasn't even been close. The Clippers are a few Blake Griffin chokejobs from being up 3-1 this series....

Clippers were the more ready team heading into Game 1 and Game 4....

Disagree with Game 2 assessment. Game 2 had more Spurs missing wide open layups. Sure Griffin coughed up the ball, but the Spurs coughed up a ten point lead in the fourth despite the fact that the Clippers were playing subpar defense. I admit that the Clippers have looked better for most of this series, but I think the 2:30 pm game hurt the older Spurs more. They just don't recover that quickly and they needed to be at their peak to beat a super talented Clipper team. Game 5 will be a good indicator of where the Spurs are.

cd98
04-26-2015, 11:09 PM

They pulled JordN before Spurs could do it more. Unfortunately Paul took advantage of Spurs being in the bonus after Jordan was pulled. It's the risk with Hacking Jordan.

therealtruth
04-27-2015, 06:09 AM
They pulled JordN before Spurs could do it more. Unfortunately Paul took advantage of Spurs being in the bonus after Jordan was pulled. It's the risk with Hacking Jordan.

They've got some of the best free throw shooters in the league on their team.

sananspursfan21
04-27-2015, 06:17 AM
The Preacher. Never thought I'd live to see the day

Thought Mark Jackson was the preacher....

Johnny RIngo
04-27-2015, 06:54 AM
Pop's overcoaching with the hack-a-Jordan bullshit. Cost us game 1 and 4.

hyhy
04-27-2015, 11:02 AM
Theres nothing he can do when we make 30% on uncontested shots where the defender is at least 3.5 feet away.. What a coach can do is get you the open shots. Whether you make it or not does not depend on him tbh..

hater
04-27-2015, 11:19 AM
Theres nothing he can do when we make 30% on uncontested shots where the defender is at least 3.5 feet away.. What a coach can do is get you the open shots. Whether you make it or not does not depend on him tbh..

Boom. Truth nuke

TheGoldStandard
04-27-2015, 11:55 AM
Pop can't get over himself and allows his players to make mistakes without calling time outs and reprimanding them, by the time he does it's too late. Shitty lineups too

Budkin
04-27-2015, 11:58 AM
Boom. Truth nuke

Double nuke.

MultiTroll
04-27-2015, 12:21 PM
Pop can't get over himself and allows his players to make mistakes without calling time outs and reprimanding them, by the time he does it's too late. Shitty lineups too
Parker taking 15 shots, even tho he hit 7 of them is jacking up the offense big time.
We've won with TEAM offense and if anyone it's Kwa who needs to have plays constructed for him.

Everyone gets it, but Pops :cry we aren't winning the title without Tony Parker being the key :cry
is such a farking cop out.

EVAY
04-27-2015, 05:34 PM
my main criticism of Pop in today's game was not going after Paul when he picked up his 5th. Paul committed that 5th foul with over 8 minutes to go in the game. outside of a 1 minute stretch when he sat out, they should have been going after him. instead Paul was scoring at will in the 4th and creating for others...

Doc made the obvious move and switched Paul onto Green, knowing Green can't attack. Considering that:

a) Green wasn't playing very good defense anyway
b) Green was ice cold and can't attack with the ball

i thought Green should have been pulled for another scorer... this is especially true when Mills was in the game instead of Parker. a mills/green backcourt can't really do anything off the dribble. in what is an unpopular opinion, i thought pop should have pulled Green for Marco or Manu and had them attack CP3 relentlessly, either forcing a foul or generating buckets.

i usually prefer Green gets the big, important minutes, but it was a situational thing with Paul having 5 fouls and playing so well on offense

Absolutely!! I could not believe that we weren't daring the refs to not call fouls on Paul.

Besides your very good points about Green not being able to attack off the dribble very well, Green is just not savvy enough like a Manu or even a Marco who are excellent ball handlers and aren't half bad at selling fouls.

This is all easy for us to say now ( who should have been playing instead of who was ) but even if you leave the same personnel out there that Pop wanted, why wouldn't they at least TRY to go right at Paul?!

spurraider21
04-27-2015, 05:38 PM
Absolutely!! I could not believe that we weren't daring the refs to not call fouls on Paul.

Besides your very good points about Green not being able to attack off the dribble very well, Green is just not savvy enough like a Manu or even a Marco who are excellent ball handlers and aren't half bad at selling fouls.

This is all easy for us to say now ( who should have been playing instead of who was ) but even if you leave the same personnel out there that Pop wanted, why wouldn't they at least TRY to go right at Paul?!
well, as i said, i do think Green should generally get the huge minutes. pairing mills and green is usually fine, too... especially since Leonard, Diaw, and Duncan can all create on offense. but i dont think its right to let CP3 hide with 5 fouls

DMC
04-27-2015, 05:50 PM
Pop always has the coaching edge. He just doesn't have the healthy players.

pgardn
04-27-2015, 06:39 PM
So if the Spurs win Tues., we get the bipolar ST swing.

The most recent event is the always the take home truth.

ST. The bipolar woman abusing Xanax.

therealtruth
04-27-2015, 07:57 PM
The inconsistent defense is troubling. The lessons from game 6 and last year is that the defense has to be good or you don't win a ring. Pop's focus right now seems to be trying to outscore the Clippers which won't work.

midnightpulp
04-27-2015, 08:26 PM
Pop is really hamstrung by Tony Parker and Tiago Splitter giving nothing and doing nothing. Tiago has long been one the best Griffin defenders in the league, and with him incapable, it's tough to counter Blake.

K...
04-27-2015, 08:27 PM
yeah pop really fucked up telling Danny to brick around, telling Parker to get lingering injuries, telling guys to be soft.

Clippers may just be better than us. No big deal. Cp3 is pretty dang elite. You can't deny Mr state farm shouldn't beat us. It's up to both teams to execute. And it's 2-2.

MultiTroll
04-27-2015, 11:18 PM
Pop is really hamstrung by Tony Parker and Tiago Splitter giving nothing and doing nothing. Tiago has long been one the best Griffin defenders in the league, and with him incapable, it's tough to counter Blake.
You and K need to stop your whining about personell.
Doc Rivers just worked Popped with Austin Rivers.
STFU and give Patty and Cojo some confidence. Farking Patty was the sparkplug for Game 3s comeback.
If Splitter is banged up then tweak the lineup and compete.
Enough of this sitting around like a whining vag. Get over yourself Popped.

tmtcsc
04-28-2015, 12:03 AM
Pop and its not even close.

tmtcsc
04-28-2015, 12:06 AM
Clippers may just be better than us.

No.

BatManu20
04-28-2015, 12:14 AM
yeah pop really fucked up telling Danny to brick around, telling Parker to get lingering injuries, telling guys to be soft.

Clippers may just be better than us. No big deal. Cp3 is pretty dang elite. You can't deny Mr state farm shouldn't beat us. It's up to both teams to execute. And it's 2-2.

MultiTroll
04-28-2015, 09:00 AM

So now the Clippers roster is better then the Spurs?
CIA Popped has to play Parker?
Guys being soft while the Clippers guys are being agressive?

Sounds like coaching to me.
Also CP3 is not elite. Weak assed defense. For all the flukey circus shots that fall and his bullshit parade to the freethrow line, he can be exploited for much more on the other end. 5 fouls on the little bitch yet *CIA Pop* fails to send anyone at him on O.

therealtruth
04-28-2015, 07:07 PM
The way Doc motivated his guys. We need to see that from Pop. They need every edge they can get with all the injuries.

Horse
04-28-2015, 07:20 PM
Disagree with Game 2 assessment. Game 2 had more Spurs missing wide open layups. Sure Griffin coughed up the ball, but the Spurs coughed up a ten point lead in the fourth despite the fact that the Clippers were playing subpar defense. I admit that the Clippers have looked better for most of this series, but I think the 2:30 pm game hurt the older Spurs more. They just don't recover that quickly and they needed to be at their peak to beat a super talented Clipper team. Game 5 will be a good indicator of where the Spurs are.
We absolutely blew game 2 first before the clips did so they've not dominated 3 of 4 games.

Spursmania
04-28-2015, 08:03 PM
:pop: suck it bitches! Count the rings!!

MultiTroll
04-29-2015, 09:38 AM
We overcame Pop and the Clippers.
Not sure how many series we are going to be able to do that.
:lol Poppin Parker
Thankfully Tim stepped in and coached the last minute.

^^ I'll suck your best looking sister/aunts* ass if Spurs get 6 this year.
*that's assuming they are different people.

Spurs9
04-29-2015, 09:42 AM
:lol Knew the hack a Jordan would get into their head.

MultiTroll
04-30-2015, 09:57 PM
10 point 2nd qtr lead and rollin
:pop::pctoss

TheGreatYacht
04-30-2015, 09:58 PM
Crater face needs to hang them up...

In before he blames the players once again

UZER
04-30-2015, 09:59 PM
Pop preaches getting ovet yourself but won't get over the hack.

therealtruth
04-30-2015, 10:01 PM
Hack-a-Jordan has put Duncan in foul trouble and blown our 10 point lead. :bang

timtonymanu
04-30-2015, 10:02 PM
Doc has outcoached Pop by a large margin. Luckily for Pop, he has better players.

MultiTroll
05-01-2015, 10:43 AM
Doc has outcoached Pop by a large margin. Luckily for Pop, he has better players.