PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi took 14 shots..Prior to his last two minute game outburst...

apalisoc_9
04-26-2015, 06:48 PM
He was shooting 70% before that and had 5 assist in total out of his post ups and double teams...

Oh and the spurs got the lead.

Meanwhile Tony takes 90 shots in 10 less minutes..

dat dere two man game....Tony know his shit.

FkLA
04-26-2015, 06:52 PM
elite poster dropping elite truthbombs tbh

EVAY
04-26-2015, 07:04 PM
Oooh, hold on there, Kemosabe.

FACTS:

Parker and Kawhi BOTH had 14 shots until sometime in the fourth quarter. Then Tony took one more shot just before he left and Kawhi took several more. By the time each of them took their last shots it was all over. It is just flat out baloney to say that Kawhi was kept from shooting by Parker. Kawhi was being trapped aggressively after he started strong and he would try to get the ball out of his hands (how he got the assists) because he learned from the first game that when he was being double teamed, it meant that there was an open teammate somewhere who could shoot if Kawhi could get them the ball.

I actually wish Kawhi had more shots too, because he is currently the best shooter on the team. But you've got to acknowledge that Kawhi is trying to figure out how to handle all the defensive attention he is attracting these days, and sometimes he is more aggressive with his offense than he is at other times. He is great now, but he is still developing and still growing into his role.

It was pretty much conventional wisdom that in Game 3, in which Kawhi excelled, and for which everyone lauded him (properly), it was Parker's aggressive penetration into the paint and attract defenders that set up the ability of others, including Kawhi, to pass the ball more effectively and get open looks.

Tonight, Parker was again aggressive, with decidedly mixed results for the rest of the offense. But Clips played better defense today than they did on friday, and the Spurs shooters were missing some clean looks again, as they did in Game 1.

Parker was not the problem tonight. Neither was Kawhi. But we didn't win. The fact that we didn't win doesn't mean that one of those guys has to get crucified on this board. It is simply nonsensical.

I know that you are a combination of Kawhi-adorer and Parker-hater, but setting up these threads with flat out lies just has to stop, man.

apalisoc_9
04-26-2015, 07:14 PM
Oooh, hold on there, Kemosabe.

FACTS:

Parker and Kawhi BOTH had 14 shots until sometime in the fourth quarter. Then Tony took one more shot just before he left and Kawhi took several more. By the time each of them took their last shots it was all over. It is just flat out baloney to say that Kawhi was kept from shooting by Parker. Kawhi was being trapped aggressively after he started strong and he would try to get the ball out of his hands (how he got the assists) because he learned from the first game that when he was being double teamed, it meant that there was an open teammate somewhere who could shoot if Kawhi could get them the ball.

I actually wish Kawhi had more shots too, because he is currently the best shooter on the team. But you've got to acknowledge that Kawhi is trying to figure out how to handle all the defensive attention he is attracting these days, and sometimes he is more aggressive with his offense than he is at other times. He is great now, but he is still developing and still growing into his role.

It was pretty much conventional wisdom that in Game 3, in which Kawhi excelled, and for which everyone lauded him (properly), it was Parker's aggressive penetration into the paint and attract defenders that set up the ability of others, including Kawhi, to pass the ball more effectively and get open looks.

Tonight, Parker was again aggressive, with decidedly mixed results for the rest of the offense. But Clips played better defense today than they did on friday, and the Spurs shooters were missing some clean looks again, as they did in Game 1.

Parker was not the problem tonight. Neither was Kawhi. But we didn't win. The fact that we didn't win doesn't mean that one of those guys has to get crucified on this board. It is simply nonsensical.

I know that you are a combination of Kawhi-adorer and Parker-hater, but setting up these threads with flat out lies just has to stop, man.

I never mentioned anything in the OP about number of shots..Never mentioned 14 either.

But the fact that TP had 14 by the start of the 4th and Kawhi 14 says a lot about Tony's dribble dribble game.

spurraider21
04-26-2015, 07:15 PM
I never mentioned anything in the OP about number of shots..Never mentioned 14 either.

But the fact that TP had 14 by the start of the 4th and Kawhi 14 says a lot about Tony's dribble dribble game.
:lmao dat thread title

http://i.gyazo.com/3ebe27c2d45c5ad2e2d2f128a1726ebe.png

apalisoc_9
04-26-2015, 07:17 PM

Was referring to TP shots..But go ahead be Rique fanboy.

spurraider21
04-26-2015, 07:18 PM
read my takes on parker. they're all there, and they've been consistent all year

SpurPadre
04-26-2015, 07:23 PM
Well, let me say you're both wrong. While Kawhi needs to get more touches, we still ended up scoring 105 points, which was 5 more than Friday and two more than our season average. So we can nitpick offensive possessions all we want but at the end of the day, allowing 114 points was the main culprit.

100%duncan
04-26-2015, 07:24 PM
Well, let me say you're both wrong. While Kawhi needs to get more touches, we still ended up scoring 105 points, which was 5 more than Friday and two more than our season average. So we can nitpick offensive possessions all we want but at the end of the day, allowing 114 points was the main culprit.

thoughts on Bonner's playing time tbh? Just wanna have a good laugh after this depressing loss

SpurPadre
04-26-2015, 07:33 PM
thoughts on Bonner's playing time tbh? Just wanna have a good laugh after this depressing loss

Words don't do enough justice to describe my reaction whenever that piece of shit motherfucking scrub infects my tv screen, tbh.

100%duncan
04-26-2015, 07:35 PM
Words don't do enough justice to describe my reaction whenever that piece of shit motherfucking scrub infects my tv screen, tbh.

:lol

james evans
04-26-2015, 07:35 PM
I think bonner needs to get diaw's minutes if he continues to give up the open 3 and gamble on passes against griffin.

SpurPadre
04-26-2015, 07:39 PM
I think bonner needs to get diaw's minutes if he continues to give up the open 3 and gamble on passes against griffin.

I know it's annoying when Diaw passes up an open three ball, but that's better than Ginger McNumbnuts missing a wide open three and not getting an offensive board out of it.

Mikeanaro
04-26-2015, 07:42 PM
If this is Kiwi´s team according to this french turd then why the hell he barely gets the ball?
Just a thought.

Spurtacular
04-05-2016, 09:06 PM

:lmao Still not as faggoty as his Bernie and Vegan avis.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/image.php?u=17213&dateline=1456609064

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/image.php?u=11260&dateline=1458512124

spurraider21
04-05-2016, 09:17 PM

Nice avatar bro :lol... Vanilla fans didn't want Aldridge because "he needs to get over himself"

Silver&Black
04-05-2016, 09:21 PM
Nice avatar bro :lol... Vanilla fans didn't want Aldridge because "he needs to get over himself"

Wanting to keep Tiago and not get LMA will go down as one of the dumbest takes in ST history.

Spurtacular
04-06-2016, 02:48 PM
Kawhi didn't want the ball last night; he deferred to Parker time and time again.