PDA

View Full Version : This man should be our coach

dabom
04-26-2015, 06:59 PM
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/files/2014/02/sean.jpg

spurraider21
04-26-2015, 07:00 PM
probably one of the worst threads in the history of ST. that includes avante, xmas, etc

i refuse to believe that HH authorized this one

RD2191
Sean loves Kawhi. Dude also drops truth nukes when Kawhi doesn't get the ball.

Floyd Pacquiao
He'd get kawhi a shit ton more shots in the 4th that for sure

dabom
04-26-2015, 07:01 PM
Have Bill Land as an assistant coach tbh.

Clipper Nation
04-26-2015, 07:02 PM
probably one of the worst threads in the history of ST. that includes avante, xmas, etc

Of course you wouldn't support a coach who would make the rest of the team get the ball to Kawhi more.

:cry "But, but, I'm Kawhi's biggest fan, honest, guys!" :cry

NASpurs
Sean would play Kawhi 48 minutes and only call the one play that he knows, 3 down. I approve of this thread.

jag
:lol all these posters who don't understad why Kawhi is currently an efficient scorer.

spurraider21
04-26-2015, 07:03 PM
Of course you wouldn't support a coach who would make the rest of the team get the ball to Kawhi more.

:cry "But, but, I'm Kawhi's biggest fan, honest, guys!" :cry
i'm a fan of the spurs before anything else

dabom
04-26-2015, 07:03 PM
:lol all these posters who don't understad why Kawhi is currently an efficient scorer.

3 down? :lmao

he still a system player?:lmao

jag
04-26-2015, 07:04 PM

dabom
04-26-2015, 07:04 PM
3 down? :lmao

he still a system player?:lmao

apalisoc_9
04-26-2015, 07:05 PM

Is it because TP draws attention in the perimeter with his elite three point shooting..Does that make kawhi a more efficient post up player?

I don't know.

dabom
Duncan has been bailing out Pop since before Jurassic Park. :lmao

Clipper Nation
i'm a fan of the spurs before anything else

Obviously not, since you'd clearly rather see Enrique force the two-man game than Kawhi get the ball more.

FkLA

His pull-ups and post moves are all a product of the system. So are the double teams he draws. Am I right?

apalisoc_9
Sean ****** would have won this game for sure...Less two man game, more kawhi post ups.

dabom
Now it's kawhi's turn but Pop doesn't want to let Kawhi come to the rescue.

jag
I don't know.

I know

100%duncan
04-26-2015, 07:06 PM
Duncan and Manu have been bailing out Pop and Porky since before Jurassic Park. :lmao

FIFY IMHO

Floyd Pacquiao
:lolKawhi getting 0 touches in the 4th till 2 minutes left

dabom
Steve Kerr is a fucking coach with the most wins. Sean can coach the spurs.

RD2191
Well go on and tell us.

jag
04-26-2015, 07:07 PM
:lol all these posters who think I'm suggesting Kawhi is a system player
:lol so defensive
:lol can't even think straight

dabom
04-26-2015, 07:08 PM

Please educate us. :lmao

apalisoc_9
I know

I asked some questions. enlighten us with your answers..

spurraider21
Obviously not, since you'd clearly rather see Enrique force the two-man game than Kawhi get the ball more.
your desire to put words in my mouth is sorta disturbing. you do it a lot

RD2191
04-26-2015, 07:09 PM
No, don't try to change the subject and try to derail the thread by talking shit. Tell us why.

spurraider21
Elliott would probably satisfy player fans. their favorite player would get a lot of points.

jag
your desire to put words in my mouth is sorta disturbing. you do it a lot

Strange seeing the fake Clippers fan continue to bitch about Enrique and then complain about Kawhi not getting touches

dabom
04-26-2015, 07:10 PM
Elliott would probably satisfy player fans. their favorite player would get a lot of points.

Pop sticking with the fossils is a better idea. :lmao

dabom
04-26-2015, 07:10 PM
Strange seeing the fake Clippers fan continue to bitch about Enrique and then complain about Kawhi not getting touches

Stay deflecting. :lmao

Clipper Nation
04-26-2015, 07:15 PM

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Rique is helping us out by doing it, but as I said in another thread, as a fan of basketball, it's still disgusting to watch.

jag
04-26-2015, 07:17 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Rique is helping us out by doing it, but as I said in another thread, as a fan of basketball, it's still disgusting to watch.

:lol shut the hell up. You're a Spurs fan who happens to live in CA and decided to bandwagon the Clipps because you hate the Lakers and also because you're a pussy.

dabom
04-26-2015, 07:19 PM
:lol shut the hell up. You're a Spurs fan who happens to live in CA and decided to bandwagon the Clipps because you hate the Lakers and also because you're a pussy.

How about you tell us how Kawhi is a system player. :lmao

jag
04-26-2015, 07:21 PM

:lol

FkLA
04-26-2015, 07:24 PM

Most of his points are coming off great individual moves. He's being doubled and gameplanned for, so you can't really claim others are drawing attention away from him. At this point you can't really attribute his efficiency and numbers to anything other than his individual greatness tbh.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
04-26-2015, 07:25 PM
Damn Malik your boys are fucking up :lol

TXstbobcat
04-26-2015, 07:28 PM
Sean is cool!! He gave me his autograph at the Spurs game in milwaukee year.

Clipper Nation
04-26-2015, 07:29 PM
Have you ever watched Kirby chuck the Lakers out of a game against the Spurs, been happy about it, but still think he's a selfish, cancerous chucker? By your logic, that would make you a Laker fan who bandwagoned on to the Spurs.

dabom
04-26-2015, 07:29 PM
Sean is cool!! He gave me his autograph at the Spurs game in milwaukee year.

He seems like a great person to be around. He is also very knowledgeable of the game.

KaiRMD1
04-26-2015, 07:30 PM
Bud should be our next coach

jag
04-26-2015, 07:30 PM
Most of his points are coming off great individual moves. He's being doubled and gameplanned for, so you can't really claim others are drawing attention away from him. At this point you can't really attribute his efficiency and numbers to anything other than his individual greatness tbh.

I've never tried. Some posters immediately get defensive. It's very odd.

I love Kawhi and think he's an incredible individual player. But it's not simply a matter of him getting an infinite number of shots (especially on iso situations). I think he needs more attempts within the flow of the offense, to combat the opponent's game-planning against him.

He's still learning to pick his spots and learning when/where/how to shoot. It's a process. Handing him the ball and clearing one side of the floor every possession isn't the answer. The offense can get high percentage looks (for Kawhi as well) when the ball movement is crisp.

dabom
04-26-2015, 07:34 PM
Bud should be our next coach

Bud was the one that wanted Kawhi. Said we needed him. He'd probably get kawhi in his best spots and allow him to grow faster.

Embedded
04-26-2015, 07:34 PM
I vote for Ricky Smiley for head coach. We might not win a game, but the combination of his coke bottle glasses and his old church lady impressions are funny as hell. Besides, doesn't he make his own clothes? Can you imagine him on the sidelines, yelling at Joey Crawford? BTW I think Joey Crawford died in 2013, but nobody knows, not even his wife, although she does occasionally wonder, "what is that funky smell?"

jag
04-26-2015, 07:39 PM
The only problem I have right now with Kawhi's game is that he sometimes settles for the most inefficient shot in the game (the long 2), when he has the physicality to take his man off the dribble. He's been effective from that range, but I don't want him to rely on it.

Lebron is a great example of efficiency that Kawhi should try to emulate. The turnaround 18-footer is a great weapon, but again, it shouldn't be his go-to.

Mugen
04-26-2015, 07:41 PM
The only problem I have right now with Kawhi's game is that he sometimes settles for the most inefficient shot in the game (the long 2), when he has the physicality to take his man off the dribble. He's been effective from that range, but I don't want him to rely on it.

Probably just jittery knowing that the double is coming and if he passes out, TP/Manu/Green/Boris are going to clank whatever shot they end up taking tbh.

jag
04-26-2015, 07:42 PM
Probably just jittery knowing that the double is coming and if he passes out, TP/Manu/Green/Boris are going to clank whatever shot they end up taking tbh.

They should sit everyone else and just let Kawhi go 1on5, tbh

Mugen
04-26-2015, 07:43 PM
They should sit everyone else and just let Kawhi go 1on5, tbh

I hope Pop gets the memo mah nig.

jag
04-26-2015, 07:45 PM
I hope Pop gets the memo mah nig.

Clipper Nation emailed him earlier.

FkLA
04-26-2015, 07:46 PM
I've never tried. Some posters immediately get defensive. It's very odd.

I love Kawhi and think he's an incredible individual player. But it's not simply a matter of him getting an infinite number of shots (especially on iso situations). I think he needs more attempts within the flow of the offense, to combat the opponent's game-planning against him.

He's still learning to pick his spots and learning when/where/how to shoot. It's a process. Handing him the ball and clearing one side of the floor every possession isn't the answer. The offense can get high percentage looks (for Kawhi as well) when the ball movement is crisp.

Sure, he currently gets and will get shots within the flow of the offense regardless. Not sure how that changes the fact that he needs more touches in his sweet spots? You can't justify not getting a guy more touches simply off the assumption that his efficiency might go down. Right now it's either a high percentage shot or a double team for Kawhi, you have to juice that until you're completely sure it doesn't work and there's no way of knowing that until he gets the necessary touches.

I mean especially when the alternative is an inefficient two man game or dribble dribble dribble from Enrique, not sure why anyone would be opposed to making Kawhi the primary offensive focus.

FkLA
04-26-2015, 07:50 PM

Lebron is a great example of efficiency that Kawhi should try to emulate. The turnaround 18-footer is a great weapon, but again, it shouldn't be his go-to.

The midrange pull-up is an inefficient shot for most players, but that's Kawhi's game right now and he's been ridiculously good at it for the past couple of months. He's not a great slasher or finisher at the rim yet so not sure why he would go away from the midrange game in favor of that.

jag
04-26-2015, 07:51 PM
He already is the primary focus of the offense as much as any one player can be.

I don't want the Spurs offense to ever turn into the Thunder's iso ball. That goes for Enrique, Tim, Manu, Kawhi, Jesus, etc...

jag
04-26-2015, 07:53 PM
Have you ever watched Kirby chuck the Lakers out of a game against the Spurs, been happy about it, but still think he's a selfish, cancerous chucker? By your logic, that would make you a Laker fan who bandwagoned on to the Spurs.

34000 posts on a Spurs forum, while pretending to be a Clippers fan. Do you have any idea how big of a faggot that makes you?

dabom
04-26-2015, 07:54 PM
Kawhi has those big jordan mitts. He will be amazing from the midrange the next few years. It will also prolong his NBA career.

DieHardSpursFan1537
04-26-2015, 07:55 PM
http://cdn.mhpbooks.com/uploads/2013/06/Gregg+Popovich+mT9EvwchUnFm-320x213.jpg

FkLA
04-26-2015, 07:57 PM
He already is the primary focus of the offense as much as any one player can be.

I don't want the Spurs offense to ever turn into the Thunder's iso ball. That goes for Enrique, Tim, Manu, Kawhi, Jesus, etc...

There's always room for more when the man is shooting 60%, handling double teams well and swinging the ball/assisting teammates.

jag
04-26-2015, 08:05 PM
There's always room for more when the man is shooting 60%, handling double teams well and swinging the ball/assisting teammates.

Of course he could get the ball more, especially when the matchups are favorable. But I don't think the Spurs offense will be best served with any one player dominating the ball (porker/Enrique/fatrique/etc included). That's not what's taken them to b2b Finals.

dabom
04-26-2015, 08:06 PM
The ball ran through Duncan in his prime. Give Kawhi his.

jag
04-26-2015, 08:07 PM
The nba has changed.

jag
04-26-2015, 08:08 PM
And Kawhi isn't 7 feet tall.

dabom
04-26-2015, 08:09 PM
The nba has changed.

Duncan at 39 still rocking these bigs. He just can't do it cause he got no legs. This is no different. Let the stud roam.

dabom
04-26-2015, 08:09 PM
And Kawhi isn't 7 feet tall.

He still gets his like if he is,

jag
04-26-2015, 08:14 PM
It's just a philosophical difference then.

I believe the Spurs offense is special because it doesn't/shouldn't rely on one player having an on-night (or off-night). It's the ball movement and chemistry that makes the offense unique and difficult to gameplan for. It's a proven system.

I don't get why fans are rooting for Kawhi to get a certain number of touches or a certain number of points. This isn't about Kawhi; it's about the Spurs.

cd98
04-26-2015, 08:18 PM
Whew, given all the Kawhi threads from OP, thought this would be about advocating Kawhi as player-coach.

RD2191
04-26-2015, 08:19 PM

I believe the Spurs offense is special because it doesn't/shouldn't rely on one player having an on-night (or off-night). It's the ball movement and chemistry that makes the offense unique and difficult to gameplan for. It's a proven system.

I don't get why fans are rooting for Kawhi to get a certain number of touches or a certain number of points. This isn't about Kawhi; it's about the Spurs.
Right now it's about Kawhi. The rest of the team clearly doesn't have it. Of course he isn't going to avg like 30 shots per game but he needs to get more touches. The dude is killing it right now. If other players were hitting shots then yeah move the ball but that isn't the case right now.

dabom
04-26-2015, 08:20 PM

When the role players aren't hitting shots it doesn't really matter anymore. Kawhi needs to force the action because that's the only way we winning if the role players don't show up.

jag
04-26-2015, 08:22 PM
Right now it's about Kawhi. The rest of the team clearly doesn't have it. Of course he isn't going to avg like 30 shots per game but he needs to get more touches. The dude is killing it right now. If other players were hitting shots then yeah move the ball but that isn't the case right now.

I think that's great for getting Kawhi stats, and maybe winning a game here and there. But it won't win a series. And it won't win a championship. If the team doesn't get the ball moving and get their bench playing at a high level, it won't matter if Kawhi gets 50 turnaround jumpers every game.

dabom
04-26-2015, 08:24 PM
I think that's great for getting Kawhi stats, and maybe winning a game here and there. But it won't win a series. And it won't win a championship. If the team doesn't get the ball moving and get their bench playing at a high level, it won't matter if Kawhi gets 50 turnaround jumpers every game.

It's about adjustments faggot. You think ball movement was going to beat dallas last year? :lmao They game planned for that shit.
Let Kawhi get you past the first round atleast. Your not a very knowledgeable person tbh.

RD2191
04-26-2015, 08:25 PM
You have no reason to believe that seeing as we win most games when Kawhi is the team high scorer. Did Tim have to play in the system when he was younger? Fuck no. It was all Timmy for awhile there. Kawhi is no Tim but he could most def win us this series. And it all starts with out PG who had 1 assist tonight. That's not a knock on Parker but it is what it is.

FkLA
04-26-2015, 08:29 PM
Of course he could get the ball more, especially when the matchups are favorable. But I don't think the Spurs offense will be best served with any one player dominating the ball (porker/Enrique/fatrique/etc included). That's not what's taken them to b2b Finals.

The ball movement/constant motion of the offense should always be there. I don't think anybody is complaining about that. Let's be honest though the Spurs offense isn't the beautiful game 100% of the time, the dribble dribble dribble and two-man game are still a big part of the offense unfortunately. Those should be replaced by more Kawhi-centric plays.

jag
04-26-2015, 08:30 PM
Maybe Kawhi going for 35-40 every game is the answer. But I feel the Spurs have a better shot at winning this series and maybe even a championship if the entire team is clicking and Kawhi gets his points by playing within the offense. Just my opinion, tbh.

It's Tim Duncan's opinion too, tbh. He seems to think it's a good idea for Kawhi to play within the offense. He said as much after Game 3 when Kawhi went for 32 by doing just that.

in2deep
04-26-2015, 08:30 PM

dabom
04-26-2015, 08:31 PM
Maybe Kawhi going for 35-40 every game is the answer. But I feel the Spurs have a better shot at winning this series and maybe even a championship if the entire team is clicking and Kawhi gets his points by playing within the offense. Just my opinion, tbh.

It's Tim Duncan's opinion too, tbh. He seems to think it's a good idea for Kawhi to play within the offense. He said as much after Game 3 when Kawhi went for 32 by doing just that.

Enrique played like tony parker that night. Tonight not so much.