PDA

View Full Version : Fu Danny Green

Gervin44Silas13
04-26-2015, 08:44 PM
I have never been a fan of Green
hes not basketball smart has never developed or created his shot.
he takes 3s inadvertently.
Just not a big fan of him

dabom
04-26-2015, 08:47 PM
Danny green will never be consistent just like tiago will never be healthy. That's his biggest downside. And he can't dribble.

TXstbobcat
04-26-2015, 08:48 PM
You hate green until the next game when he goes 7 out of 10 from beyond the arc.

Gervin44Silas13
04-26-2015, 08:52 PM
You hate green until the next game when he goes 7 out of 10 from beyond the arc.
And then he will shit the bed next game after that nice try bro

TheGreatYacht
04-26-2015, 08:53 PM
He's our most important wing player. If he struggles, we struggle.

DarrinS
04-26-2015, 08:55 PM
The only part of his game I don't like is his dribble drive. He just had a bad day shooting.

baseline bum
04-26-2015, 08:55 PM

Die in a fire. Green is one of the greatest supporting players in franchise history.

TXstbobcat
04-26-2015, 08:56 PM
And then he will shit the bed next game after that nice try bro

He had a shitty game but he wasn't the only spur that played like shit today.

AFBlue
04-26-2015, 08:57 PM
He's our most important wing player. If he struggles, we struggle.

Kawhi says "uhhh...not really"

TheGreatYacht
Green would be a FMVP right now had someone made their free throws

dabom

Don't respond to him. Resident retard.

TheGreatYacht
04-26-2015, 08:58 PM
If Green struggles, the team struggles. Just look at the 2013 Finals G6-7

rmt
04-26-2015, 09:01 PM
Green would be a FMVP right now had someone made their free throws

No, Duncan would have 4 FMVPs. I like Green - he needs to be on Paul every minute he's out there - the 3s will eventually fall - of course, by then the Clippers might have moved on.

boutons_deux
04-26-2015, 09:01 PM
dg and ts, two starters, zero points.

Gervin44Silas13
04-26-2015, 09:03 PM
A role player that will be traded
Kawhi at least is the face of the future
Green could have been that but he's not......

TheGreatYacht
04-26-2015, 09:03 PM
No, Duncan would have 4 FMVPs. I like Green - he needs to be on Paul every minute he's out there - the 3s will eventually fall - of course, by then the Clippers might have moved on.
There's no point in putting him on Paul when Doc will call for a screen and the Spurs will switch every time

jag
04-26-2015, 09:04 PM
Die in a fire. Green is one of the greatest supporting players in franchise history.

wat

spurraider21
04-26-2015, 09:05 PM
im waiting for chinook to tell us about how green was actually the best player on the floor today

Floyd Pacquiao
04-26-2015, 09:09 PM
He was the best defender on Paul today. To bad crater face shit himself and benched danny cause he wasn't making any 3s

timtonymanu
04-26-2015, 09:11 PM
A role player that will be traded
Kawhi at least is the face of the future
Green could have been that but he's not......

You're an idiot.

Malik Hairston
04-26-2015, 09:12 PM
Green can't create his own shot, obviously, he should be looking to join a team with creators, tbh..Spurs still generate a lot of open looks, but Kawhi is their only guy that generates doubles, and the team doesn't utilize him consistently..

He's playing in the proper era, right now, with ISO-ball dying and other teams mimicking the Spurs' ball movement..

Sean Cagney
04-26-2015, 09:22 PM
The only part of his game I don't like is his dribble drive. He just had a bad day shooting.

I hate when he does that.

siraulo23
04-26-2015, 09:26 PM
DG was one of the main reasons spurs won game 6 vs okc last year

DG defended james/wade as well as any perimeter defender in the nba and made huge 3s on the road in game 3 and 4 of the finals last year. OP, did u hate him then?

Green had a rough night, the spurs offense didnt get him any open shots and that was due to clipper defense and spurs not being sharp

baseline bum
04-26-2015, 09:51 PM
wat

Did I just imagine he and Kawhi tag-teaming Miami in a critical Game 3 on the road or him setting the Finals record for threes in 2013?

ElNono
04-26-2015, 09:53 PM
I love Danny. He brought us #5... you stick with your guys, win or lose.

Juggity
04-26-2015, 09:55 PM

I'm pretty sure you don't know what "inadvertently" means :lol

spurs10
04-26-2015, 09:58 PM
I love Danny. He brought us #5... you stick with your guys, win or lose. :flag:

littlecoyotecoin
04-26-2015, 09:58 PM
I hate when he does that.

I like Danny, but it's a little love hate. Some homage needs to be paid to the pass he bounced off a defender's ass by accident cuz he was so lost he needed somewhere to throw it...closed eyes, and did. That's my Danny boy.

crc21209
04-26-2015, 10:02 PM
Green is so damn underrated by fair feather Spurs fans. Only the true Spurs fans (and those who really know the game) understand his importance to this team. He is easily one of the best wing defenders in the league. It's only a matter of time before he morphs into his "Hot" alter ego instead of the "Icy" version we're getting right now.

daslicer
04-26-2015, 10:02 PM
Green is a streaky player he can have games where he is super hot for 7 games and then become cold for the next 7 games. Just going by odds he is a due for an explosion.

100%duncan
04-26-2015, 10:05 PM
lol silas

Keepin' it real
04-26-2015, 10:06 PM
I'm pretty sure you don't know what "inadvertently" means :lol

Blake
04-26-2015, 10:29 PM

No kidding.

Or makes a nasty block on a fast break attempt

DMC
04-26-2015, 10:31 PM
Boiled down though::::

Danny 1

Gervin + Silas 0

Capt Bringdown
04-26-2015, 10:35 PM
He was just another turd in a bowl full of turds today. Doc Rivers Jr was not only scoring at will but in people's faces with trash talk. Let's see what this year's squad is made of in game 5.

DMC
04-26-2015, 10:35 PM
wat
Don't agree with the fire thing, but Danny is one of the greatest "supporting players" in franchise history. Name the better ones.

Chinook
04-26-2015, 10:40 PM
im waiting for chinook to tell us about how green was actually the best player on the floor today

He had a absolutely awful foul at the end of the game, but other than that I actually thought his defense was good. Couldn't score, though.

For anyone who's been keeping count, Green is shooting worse at home from three than he was on the road in this series. So perhaps going back to LA will be a good thing for his shot (or perhaps people shouldn't put so much stock into the home/road splits).

dabom
04-26-2015, 10:42 PM
He had a absolutely awful foul at the end of the game, but other than that I actually thought his defense was good. Couldn't score, though.

For anyone who's been keeping count, Green is shooting worse at home from three than he was on the road in this series. So perhaps going back to LA will be a good thing for his shot (or perhaps people shouldn't put so much stock into the home/road splits).

Did you say green deserved max tbh?

FkLA
04-26-2015, 10:42 PM
OP is a moron tbh.

TheRemix
04-26-2015, 10:44 PM
Really miss 2013 finals green :depressed

Chinook
04-26-2015, 10:48 PM

No. And just for the record, I've been saying that Kawhi should get the max for about two years now.

BatManu20
04-26-2015, 10:49 PM
Ridiculous how many people are hating on Danny suddenly... He's our 2nd best defender right now and arguably the greatest shooter in Spurs history.... He had a bad game, it happens. Move on.

dabom
04-26-2015, 10:52 PM
No. And just for the record, I've been saying that Kawhi should get the max for about two years now.

Alright then. Just checking.

Malik Hairston
04-26-2015, 11:12 PM
What's puzzling about the hate on Green's skill set is that these are all fans of Bruce Bowen, a player that was worse than Danny in every facet of offense:lol..

ElNono
04-26-2015, 11:15 PM
What's puzzling about the hate on Green's skill set is that these are all fans of Bruce Bowen, a player that was worse than Danny in every facet of offense:lol..

yeah, but it's a lot easier to overlook those things when you have prime Tim...

dabom
04-26-2015, 11:18 PM
yeah, but it's a lot easier to overlook those things when you have prime Tim...

Nikkas were telling me Bruce is a better defender than Kawhi. :lmao

K...
04-26-2015, 11:26 PM

He was never good on offense do he never let us down. Lol. We had three legit scoring options then. Now green gets the shots, but the offense is way more complicated. Green is better obv, but his bad is bad

spurraider21
04-26-2015, 11:39 PM
the green/leonard duo is what will keep the team afloat going forward. their future as a tandem is especially bright as kawhi is shaping up into a more central offensive piece

i didnt think green was anything special defensively today though... who exactly did he slow down?

LongtimeSpursFan
04-26-2015, 11:57 PM
Ridiculous how many people are hating on Danny suddenly... He's our 2nd best defender right now and arguably the greatest shooter in Spurs history.... He had a bad game, it happens. Move on.

This series he's been our 3rd best defender (behind Kawhi and Duncan) and that's not saying much as the rest of the team is not playing very good defense. And when are you are a 3 and D player that is not hitting the 3ball or not playing very good D then he needs to be taken out of the game. I hope he can recover and get back to the Danny Green we've seen this past couple of years but if he doesn't then the Spurs may not make it to the second round.

illusioNtEk
04-26-2015, 11:59 PM
we stick with what we got and try again, sometimes you have bad days. Green is consistent and will bring it game 5.

Malik Hairston
04-27-2015, 12:03 AM
This series he's been our 3rd best defender (behind Kawhi and Duncan) and that's not saying much as the rest of the team is not playing very good defense. And when are you are a 3 and D player that is not hitting the 3ball or not playing very good D then he needs to be taken out of the game. I hope he can recover and get back to the Danny Green we've seen this past couple of years but if he doesn't then the Spurs may not make it to the second round.

Green has been far better than Duncan on defense in this series:lol..

Spursmania
04-27-2015, 12:12 AM
Green definitely had a tough night. Him and Tiago sucked tonight. I'm not throwing Danny under the bus just yet though. He's come through for us plenty of times. Let's see what he does in game 5. Both he and Tiagi better make up for their shitty play tonight and help the Spurs steal another one on the road.

Sean Cagney
04-27-2015, 12:22 AM
Green is so damn underrated by fair feather Spurs fans. Only the true Spurs fans (and those who really know the game) understand his importance to this team. He is easily one of the best wing defenders in the league. It's only a matter of time before he morphs into his "Hot" alter ego instead of the "Icy" version we're getting right now.

He is VERY underrated.

LongtimeSpursFan
04-27-2015, 12:51 AM
Green has been far better than Duncan on defense in this series:lol..

LAC backcourt had 82 points today.

Oh and I'm going to raise your one cute little laughing emoticon :lol to two :lol :lol so this makes my point seem more valid.

Malik Hairston
04-27-2015, 12:53 AM
LAC backcourt had 82 points today.

Oh and I'm going to raise your one cute little laughing emoticon :lol to two :lol :lol so this makes my point seem more valid.

Paul scored about 6 of his 34 vs. Green IIRC:lol..

Most of the damage done by their guards were due to Duncan and Splitter's poor mobility/defense today, tbh..

100%duncan
04-27-2015, 01:01 AM

Danny 1

Gervin + Silas 0
Robinlopez.gif

Gervin44Silas13
04-27-2015, 05:54 AM
Well see

and for the mean time you can suck is 2013 NBA Finals record of 3s dick
You're an idiot.

Cklbmk
04-27-2015, 06:05 AM

I made the Lets be real Danny Green is getting the max thread.

I think more realistically he's getting 10-12mil tho

Cklbmk
04-27-2015, 06:07 AM

How is danny a better defender than Kawhi or Tim?

Gervin44Silas13
04-27-2015, 06:27 AM
Hes our best player who is inconsistent

Gervin44Silas13
04-27-2015, 06:28 AM
Bowen KNEW when to take a shot

Green just chucks shit out of his ass

Thats why he has his jersey retired[

UOTE=Malik Hairston;7966334]What's puzzling about the hate on Green's skill set is that these are all fans of Bruce Bowen, a player that was worse than Danny in every facet of offense:lol..[/QUOTE]

Gervin44Silas13
04-27-2015, 06:34 AM
Gervin 5 X Scoring Champ
All Star MVP
Jersey retired

Silas
Jersey retired
Played on a bum knee for ALL his career
ALSO showed up when the game was on the line aka Capt. Late

Green
1 title on the coatail of the Klaw's MVP
2013 Nba Finals record for 3's shit the bed the following game and costed us title #5 in 2013
no jersey retired
never shows up only when he wants to

Danny 1

Gervin + Silas 0

Gervin44Silas13
04-27-2015, 06:39 AM
yep and we lost that one Im still pissed off about that

If Green struggles, the team struggles. Just look at the 2013 Finals G6-7

Keepin' it real
04-27-2015, 08:14 AM
Don't worry, after these playoffs, you won't see Green in a Spurs uniform again.

Yes, we all know the stories about him being cut again and again, his talks with Pop and Coach Williams from UNC, and how grateful Green has been for the repeated opportunities. But I think at this point Green must be really tired of all the abuse he takes from Pop.

This summer, Green will have the chance to make a lot more money by playing in another (better) city for a coach who won't treat him like crap. I think Green will jump at that opportunity. At which point, in reply to this thread, he would say "FU too!"

baseline bum
04-27-2015, 08:20 AM
Gervin 5 X Scoring Champ
All Star MVP
Jersey retired

Silas
Jersey retired

Green
2013 Nba Finals record for 3's shit the bed the following game and costed us title #5 in 2013
no jersey retired

Wow, you really are going to defend your drunken rant to the death?

Gervin44Silas13
04-27-2015, 09:37 AM
yup I sure am
Green
Pts 9.6
Reb 3.3
Ast 1.5
Steals 1.0

Silas
Rebounds: 3.0
Assists: 3.8
Steals: 1.0

Gervin
Points 25.1
Rebounds 5.3
Assists 2.6
Steals 2.6

Im sorry but if I had a PU BB game Green would be picked last F him!!

Wow, you really are going to defend your drunken rant to the death?

Gervin44Silas13
04-27-2015, 09:42 AM
he reminds me of Dale Ellis and Richard Jefferson when The Spurs needed him they went flat
Jeff just never fit in Pops system
Green makes poor choices and chucks the ball like hes at freaking chuckie cheese

Don't worry, after these playoffs, you won't see Green in a Spurs uniform again.

Yes, we all know the stories about him being cut again and again, his talks with Pop and Coach Williams from UNC, and how grateful Green has been for the repeated opportunities. But I think at this point Green must be really tired of all the abuse he takes from Pop.

This summer, Green will have the chance to make a lot more money by playing in another (better) city for a coach who won't treat him like crap. I think Green will jump at that opportunity. At which point, in reply to this thread, he would say "FU too!"

DarrinS
04-27-2015, 09:43 AM
Gervin 5 X Scoring Champ
All Star MVP
Jersey retired

Silas
Jersey retired

Green
no jersey retired

WTF am I reading?

glen907
04-27-2015, 09:54 AM
Man if anything Danny is under appreciated for what he brings to the team, sorry for repeating if it's already been said but his shooting is not the most valued asset he brings to the team, it's his defense. He and leonard combine to make up the best defensive wing combo in the league, they both are also above average rebounders for their position. The spurs have a plethora of guys who can hit outside shots but only green and kawaii are above average when it comes to defense on the perimeter. Look i wish the guy was a better ball handler/decision maker also but don't make the mistake of focusing on his limitations instead of what he excels at. Bruce bowen is an excellent comparison to use when analyzing dannys game, him being able to hits shots his a bonus to what his true value is, it's the reason when he's on the spurs are almost unbeatable because his scoring comes as a bonus to everything else he does on the floor. With that said he does need to pull his head outta his ass for the next game because pop has the tendency to yank him for manu/beli when his shoot is off and neither one of them can defend at a high level, put one of them on the floor with tony or patty and only duncan as interior defense and suddenly you have poor defensive group logging major minutes against the #1 scoring team in the league. It's a recipe for disaster especially when the spurs are missing shots or turning the ball over(ginobli). If your judging green game it needs to be judged fairly is all i'm really saying the dude is definitely a product of the system but his play is a very important piece to that system and we all need him to get going if only to keep gino/beli off the floor playing major minutes against clipper starters and having the defense compromised.

baseline bum
04-27-2015, 11:55 AM
yep and we lost that one Im still pissed off about that

Spoelstra made the obvious adjustment of making him put the ball on the floor. By the next Finals Green had vastly improved his ballhandling and Spoelstra couldn't go to that anymore.

baseline bum
04-27-2015, 11:58 AM

Green has given Pop tons of credit for making him into an NBA player and he has made it sound like he's wanting to come back since this is where he has been successful. I mean he'll definitely walk if the Spurs lowball him, but as long as RC offers reasonable market value I think he comes back.

Budkin
04-27-2015, 11:58 AM

This.

Chomag
04-27-2015, 12:01 PM
Yeah Danny was actually looking like he was starting to put a decent drive to his game last year but he seems to have regressed a ton this season. Like I said earlier in this thread I hope he puts a shit ton more work into his game this coming off-season and maybe worry a little less on what parties he is going to attend to with Lebron. Then I might be more for paying him allot of money but if he doesn't Spurs will be way overpaying to keep him.

hater
04-27-2015, 12:07 PM
When one trick pony is not hitting his 3s he's completely useless O

I fear he might have mentally checked out and is looking forward to joining Roids in CLE. Hope I'm wrong

mystargtr34
04-27-2015, 12:12 PM
Yeah DG is free from hate now after being a main contributor to 5..

Pop still fucks around too much and yanks him from games too often.. Every single fucking minute Chris Paul is in the floor from now on.. Danny should be on the floor guarding him .. When Paul comes out for a rest... Danny should come out for a rest ..the only exception is if its Kawhi.

hater
04-27-2015, 12:14 PM
Yeah DG is free from hate now after being a main contributor to 5..

Pop still fucks around too much and yanks him from games too often.. Every single fucking minute Chris Paul is in the floor from now on.. Danny should be on the floor guarding him .. When Paul comes out for a rest... Danny should come out for a rest ..the only exception is if its Kawhi.

Can't do that if green is shooting 20% from 3 tbh

Pop is forced to take scrub out or we get blown out

hater
04-27-2015, 12:22 PM
Ppl fail to realize that when green is shooting blanks, he is no better than a washed up Shane barrier. Look what happened in the finals? Battier was a decent defender but was a liability on O and heat got blown the fuck out

baseline bum
04-27-2015, 12:27 PM
Ppl fail to realize that when green is shooting blanks, he is no better than a washed up Shane barrier. Look what happened in the finals? Battier was a decent defender but was a liability on O and heat got blown the fuck out

The Heat got blown the fuck out because (1) Kawhi went nuts Games 3-5 (2) Green made Wade look like 2015 Parker and (3) Miami jewed Mike Miller.

hater
04-27-2015, 12:31 PM
And Spurs are getting blown out because (1)CP3 is going nuts, (2)Austin Rivers is making Mills and Evita look like Nando De Colo and (3)spurs let Beno walk.

:lol

DMC
04-27-2015, 05:11 PM
Gervin 5 X Scoring Champ
All Star MVP
Jersey retired

Silas
Jersey retired

Green
no jersey retired

Danny 1

Gervin + Silas 0

DMC
04-27-2015, 05:24 PM
:lol Gervin
:lol Lifetime team moocher
:lol Hanger on
:lol David's +1
:lol ABA
:lol Bulls
:lol 7'5" finger roller

BackHome
04-27-2015, 05:28 PM
Man if anything Danny is under appreciated for what he brings to the team, sorry for repeating if it's already been said but his shooting is not the most valued asset he brings to the team, it's his defense. He and leonard combine to make up the best defensive wing combo in the league, they both are also above average rebounders for their position. The spurs have a plethora of guys who can hit outside shots but only green and kawaii are above average when it comes to defense on the perimeter. Look i wish the guy was a better ball handler/decision maker also but don't make the mistake of focusing on his limitations instead of what he excels at. Bruce bowen is an excellent comparison to use when analyzing dannys game, him being able to hits shots his a bonus to what his true value is, it's the reason when he's on the spurs are almost unbeatable because his scoring comes as a bonus to everything else he does on the floor. With that said he does need to pull his head outta his ass for the next game because pop has the tendency to yank him for manu/beli when his shoot is off and neither one of them can defend at a high level, put one of them on the floor with tony or patty and only duncan as interior defense and suddenly you have poor defensive group logging major minutes against the #1 scoring team in the league. It's a recipe for disaster especially when the spurs are missing shots or turning the ball over(ginobli). If your judging green game it needs to be judged fairly is all i'm really saying the dude is definitely a product of the system but his play is a very important piece to that system and we all need him to get going if only to keep gino/beli off the floor playing major minutes against clipper starters and having the defense compromised.

Very well stated I would only add that his focus needs to be on defense if his shot is not falling. Also he is the product of the system which worked when you had young Manu, Timmy, Parker. They may all be gone next year so if he can't dribble then no way would I give him serious $$$

silverblackfan
04-27-2015, 06:42 PM
I misread the thread title and thought Danny had the flu last night. No wonder he was off, is assumed.

therealtruth
04-27-2015, 08:52 PM
DG's got to play 30+ minutes. I don't care if he's missing 3's. He's our only hope of making life tough for Paul just like Bowen. He'll eventually hit the 3's. Remember game 1 of the Finals when he looked lost and suddenly caught fire to help seal the win?

100%duncan
04-27-2015, 09:01 PM
:lol Gervin
:lol Lifetime team moocher
:lol Hanger on
:lol David's +1
:lol ABA
:lol Bulls
:lol 7'5" finger roller

:lmao
:lmao scoring champion
:lmao Green would have no problem hitting fingerrolls against unathletic players in the ABA
:lmao silas
:lmao who the fuck is that scrub
:lmao cojo is probably better

boiled down 1> 0 + 0

gameFACE
04-27-2015, 09:28 PM
I have nothing to add except a friend from work went to Jim's at 11:30am yesterday and DG came in and stuffed his face with pancakes, several Coke's and other stuff. Three hours before tip off. Maybe it was the fucking pancakes!

He'll be fine tomorrow.

Gervin44Silas13
04-28-2015, 07:16 AM
dumb fuck
I'm surprized he didn't go to Whataburger with Dejuan Blair

I have nothing to add except a friend from work went to Jim's at 11:30am yesterday and DG came in and stuffed his face with pancakes, several Coke's and other stuff. Three hours before tip off. Maybe it was the fucking pancakes!

He'll be fine tomorrow.

Gervin44Silas13
04-28-2015, 07:20 AM
Green cant hit a fucking layup if his life depended on it

If you look at the rafters youll see Silas retired number dumbass

...and Gervin and Silas never had to go down to a D league team like Co Jo and that worthless DG!

Old School Spurs > Spurs that don't show up

:lmao scoring champion
:lmao Green would have no problem hitting fingerrolls against unathletic players in the ABA
:lmao silas
:lmao who the fuck is that scrub
:lmao cojo is probably better

boiled down 1> 0 + 0

Gervin44Silas13
04-28-2015, 08:08 AM
At least Ed Neely showed up every game

Green cant hit a fucking layup if his life depended on it

If you look at the rafters youll see Silas retired number dumbass

...and Gervin and Silas never had to go down to a D league team like Co Jo and that worthless DG!

Old School Spurs > Spurs that don't show up

hater
04-28-2015, 08:12 AM
:lol now we have an anti D Green group. :lol spurstalk

That being said its silly to compare D Green to Bowen. BOWEN had a PHD in defense, grittyness and "trickyness" (some might call it dirtyness. Not me)

Green is still in diapers in that regard. He's too nice to attempt to destroy an opponents. He's a nice guy. Bowen was ruthless. Apples to oranges.

cd98
04-28-2015, 09:21 AM
Need a big game from Danny Boy tonight.

jermaine
04-28-2015, 09:44 AM
What's the difference between Danny an Bruce??? Seriously

hater
04-28-2015, 09:45 AM

That being said its silly to compare D Green to Bowen. BOWEN had a PHD in defense, grittyness and "trickyness" (some might call it dirtyness. Not me)

Green is still in diapers in that regard. He's too nice to attempt to destroy an opponents. He's a nice guy. Bowen was ruthless. Apples to oranges.

Gervin44Silas13
04-28-2015, 10:05 AM
Thank you point well said

I'm just not a big fan of him he is inconsistent his 2013 Finals perfomance yes was his highlite....but we havent seen him develop or create a shot....if he did so he would be putting work into it in the off season....much like Kawhi...you know hes worked on his game...Green just hasn't and it shows....he was bench material in Cleveland
hell be traded
#therichardjeffersonpart2

MateoNeygro
04-28-2015, 12:24 PM
Green's dribbling scares me every damn time.

Gervin44Silas13
04-28-2015, 01:54 PM
Green chucking of Threes scares me evry daym time

in2deep
04-28-2015, 02:03 PM

what dribbling?

he has been fucking awful this series. shooting 29% from a supposedly dead eye shooter :pctoss

if he can't come back this series he needs to be unloaded in the summer ASAP