PDA

View Full Version : This feels like 2013 finals

testies
04-26-2015, 11:01 PM
blowout loss, tough win, blowout win, tough loss... this is going 7

but please, exploit the goddamn mismatches next time.. we were tied and we started ignoring kawhi, shooting 3s when they benched jordan when they have obese davis protecting the paint.. smh

deibero
04-26-2015, 11:25 PM
This to me feels a little like the GS series that year. Just when we thought we had them figured out on game 3 they come back and steal game 4.

Spurs won games 5 confortably and 6 on the road after being tied 2-2.

ezau
04-26-2015, 11:43 PM
This to me feels a little like the GS series that year. Just when we thought we had them figured out on game 3 they come back and steal game 4.

This

Spursmania
04-27-2015, 12:06 AM

I hope so

spurraider21
04-27-2015, 12:12 AM

basically this, but switch game 1 and 2.

in that series we stole game 1 and lost easily game 2, this time it was the opposite

Johnny RIngo
04-27-2015, 12:21 AM
basically this, but switch game 1 and 2.

in that series we stole game 1 and lost easily game 2, this time it was the opposite

In the GSW series, we were tied up 2-2 and still had homecourt. Game 5 is usually the most important game(in a series that's tied) and we were playing that one at home against the Warriors. This time, the Clips have homecourt in the pivotal game 5.

Leetonidas
04-27-2015, 12:31 AM
The past is irrelevant when considering present circumstances so any sort of "feels" you get from a prior series is utterly meaningless :lol

Sean Cagney
04-27-2015, 01:44 AM
The past is irrelevant when considering present circumstances so any sort of "feels" you get from a prior series is utterly meaningless :lol

^^^^ This. Spurs fans do this yearly. Different teams and circumstances altogether.

apalisoc_9
04-27-2015, 01:51 AM
To guys saying Golden state are not true contenders....

They were a stop or two away from Winning two games in San Antonio two years ago..

Amuseddaysleeper
04-27-2015, 01:59 AM
The problem wih the Warriors series is that the Spurs had home court.

Winning game 5 on the road is 100 times tougher than at home.

Sean Cagney
04-27-2015, 02:04 AM
To guys saying Golden state are not true contenders....

They were a stop or two away from Winning two games in San Antonio two years ago..
You are 100% correct.

Maybe not 100 times harder but you are correct, this is not HC and this is not that year some mention. They did not have HC in 013 finals and could have won but they had game 5 at home during those finals. Game 6 was on the road and they should have won but thats the past.

apalisoc_9
04-27-2015, 02:06 AM

yup..

if anything the spurs this year is Golden state 2013 if we're going to look at past circumstances.

Chillen
04-27-2015, 06:29 AM
Spurs have to win game 5 in LA vs the Clips, dropping that game could spell disaster. They have to make adjustments and play a much stronger, sharper game for Tuesday. They need to give themselves a shot to close the Clips out at home. Losing game 5 will make things interesting, but it's flirting with disaster. So game 5 is an absolute must win for San Antonio. No this doesn't feel like the 2013 Finals vs Heat, the series against the Warriors is more a vibe I am getting. Spurs have to play this Clippers team in games 5 and 6 like they are the Heat or something to win this series.

mercos
04-27-2015, 08:28 AM
The series are similar in that we are playing an extremely tough opponent with little room for error. A 70% effort will not get it done against this Clippers team.

Mugen
04-27-2015, 08:44 AM
This reminds me of the 2007 Suns series except nobody had the wherewithal to lay CP3 out yesterday tbh. :lol

Sean Cagney
04-27-2015, 08:48 AM
More like 2008 vs the Hornets without HC and CP3 on the other side....

timmy2003
04-27-2015, 12:54 PM
This reminds me of the 2007 Suns series except nobody had the wherewithal to lay CP3 out yesterday tbh. :lol

I have exactly the same feeing. Maybe Diaw can hip-check CP3 in game 5.

therealtruth
04-27-2015, 09:07 PM
Spurs have to win game 5 in LA vs the Clips, dropping that game could spell disaster. They have to make adjustments and play a much stronger, sharper game for Tuesday. They need to give themselves a shot to close the Clips out at home. Losing game 5 will make things interesting, but it's flirting with disaster. So game 5 is an absolute must win for San Antonio. No this doesn't feel like the 2013 Finals vs Heat, the series against the Warriors is more a vibe I am getting. Spurs have to play this Clippers team in games 5 and 6 like they are the Heat or something to win this series.

I agree about the Warriors series vibe. Till we stop trying to outscore them and commit defensively our chances don't look good.