PDA

View Full Version : Momentum Changing Plays

deibero
04-26-2015, 11:21 PM
1. Up 1 towards mid 3rd qtr the spurs looked ready to take off and Mills missed two straight 3s on the same posession. I feel that could have opened up the game a little for us. Instead they scored on the other side and back and forth trading leads.

2. TPs 3pt was almost inside the basket and rims out in a very unlucky fashion. I think we were down 2 at that point end of the 3rd, Paul hit a 3 on the other end. Big time 6pt swing.

3. The obvious, no excuse for missing 4 fts in the middle of a run in the 4qtr. That about did it for us.

Malik Hairston
04-26-2015, 11:23 PM
The Clippers' run after Rivers took out Jordan with a few minutes remaining in the 3rd was the killer, tbh..

deibero
04-26-2015, 11:26 PM
Yep, I think 1 and 2 are key swings from that run

LongtimeSpursFan
04-26-2015, 11:26 PM
1. Up 1 towards mid 3rd qtr the spurs looked ready to take off and Mills missed two straight 3s on the same posession. I feel that could have opened up the game a little for us. Instead they scored on the other side and back and forth trading leads.

2. TPs 3pt was almost inside the basket and rims out in a very unlucky fashion. I think we were down 2 at that point end of the 3rd, Paul hit a 3 on the other end. Big time 6pt swing.

3. The obvious, no excuse for missing 4 fts in the middle of a run in the 4qtr. That about did it for us.

That TP 3pt that rimmed the basket and Paul hitting a three on the other side was a big momentum change. I think we were down 3 and could have tied but ended going down by 6. TP needed that 3pt and so did the Spurs.

MultiTroll
04-26-2015, 11:33 PM
Diaw should have launched that trey.

Before that Porker tried doing his hero ball possessions and came close but rolled out.

SpurPadre
04-26-2015, 11:41 PM
There was also a key sequence where we got a stop but couldn't corral a rebound with the ball just tipping off Kawhi' s reach only for Griffin to get it and lay it in.

nowitzkikopf
04-26-2015, 11:43 PM
sending cp3 to line for 6 straight points after dj went out in the 3rd. can't let that happen. if they just execute there (mainly manu and tony's fault), probably hold a 2-3point advantage going into the 4th and psychological advantage over clips.

also, danny hitting anything would have helped.

DMC
04-26-2015, 11:50 PM
Pop intentionally fouling DJ slowed the team, fucked up the rhythm on both ends, and basically you saw our team mentally hang it up knowing they were puppets on a string.

ajh18
04-26-2015, 11:53 PM
Paul getting 6 easy points via dumb fouls, Mills' missed 3s, and Manu missing that layup right at the rim took us from what could have been a 4-6 point lead to a 5 point hole. That stretch of plays turned the game.

sananspursfan21
04-27-2015, 01:04 AM
A lot had to do with daddy's boy going off. Hopefully that was just a game 4 thing. If it becomes a trend, Spurs could be in some trouble

FkLA
04-27-2015, 01:07 AM
A lot had to do with daddy's boy going off. Hopefully that was just a game 4 thing. If it becomes a trend, Spurs could be in some trouble

If the Spurs can't stop Auscrub Rivers from here on out we might as well throw in the towel.

Malik Hairston
04-27-2015, 01:08 AM
If the Spurs can't stop Auscrub Rivers from here on out we might as well throw in the towel.

If only they could stop the fatass from coming out of their own locker room:lol..

sananspursfan21
04-27-2015, 01:10 AM

Well, Doc told him he's grounded if he doesn't start playing better. "1 week of no Xbox for every shot you miss". "Yes poppi"

Chomag
04-27-2015, 01:13 AM
The hack of Jorden put them in the bonus and that didn't help. It actually ignited the Clippers run when Rivers puled Jorden out. That silly hack a shit rarely works, it just fucks up the flow for both teams.

weeks
04-27-2015, 01:13 AM
Austin fucking rivers ...talked shit to a championship squad...while scorching them....this shit is fucked up right here, gentlemen...this is some real low shit...we can't go out like little bitches gettin punked by Austin. Fucking. Rivers!

apalisoc_9
04-27-2015, 01:26 AM
If only they could stop the fatass from coming out of their own locker room:lol..

:lmao

Fireball
04-27-2015, 01:31 AM
Austin fucking rivers ...talked shit to a championship squad...while scorching them....this shit is fucked up right here, gentlemen...this is some real low shit...we can't go out like little bitches gettin punked by Austin. Fucking. Rivers!

yep, every made shot by Dougie Houser felt like a momentum changer to me ...

Sean Cagney
04-27-2015, 01:41 AM

Damn FTs and this team I swear.

emanueldavidginobili
04-27-2015, 05:26 AM
Pretty much every 3 Danny Green took could have a momentum changer but of course missed them all