View Full Version : 2015 Draft Prospect: Frank Kaminsky

Cklbmk
04-27-2015, 04:45 AM
http://content.draftexpress.com/headshots/frankkaminsky.jpg

Height: 7-0
Weight: 242lbs
Date of Birth: 04/04/1993
University: Wisconsin

DX Profile (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Frank-Kaminsky-41066/)

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

WE NEED FRANK THE TANK KAMINSKY!

Chinook
04-28-2015, 08:26 AM
If he falls, maybe. I'd want someone with a lot more upside if I'm trading into the top-10, though.

Mal
04-28-2015, 08:42 AM
No way he is in Spurs` reach. He was beasting in MM

DrunkTXLabrat
04-28-2015, 01:36 PM
Y'all made the Kaminsky specific draft thread, already?... Awesome!

I actually think Kaminsky has real chance of being a Spur. He's the Dirk/Bonner, ceiling/floor kinda player that gives Pop a hard on. Diaw 2.0 wasn't expected to slide to the Spurs pick, last year. Teams didn't know what to do with all that slow, and they knew full well that the Spurs did. So they let the Spurs have him, kinda reminds me of the nfl draft. Teams let the Cowboys have Manziel, but the Cowboys didn't take the bait. Here's another perfect Spur clone, Bonner 2.0, maybe teams will be a similar kinda reluctant. They don't know what to do with all the white-boy defense, but the Spurs do. I think the Spurs even trade up for this guy, if needed. I hope it doesn't cost Mills or Tiago. Maybe if he slips to that Wallace salary dump Celtics range, the Spurs could actually use big cap space on a project without that Nesterovic, RJ taste.

The only thing that concerns me is if the Spurs land him, they might dick around with him like Anderson. Anderson should have been playing a lot more bench 4 and possibly even some of those spot starts that Bonner and Baynes got. Kaminsky would totally "should be the Anderson alternate" that Pop has a Bonner for. By that i mean, next years Anderson has been dick'd around with enough to make Pop real wet for him. And if the Spurs land Kaminsky, Pop would probably just sit him behind Bonner, Anderson, and whatever Ayers replacement they find. Kaminsky would be the "hasn't been broken in by Poop, yet" guy.

4 Diaw/Not Bonner/Timmy, Anderson/Kaminsky/Not Ayers/Not Bonner
5 Timmy/Tiago Tiago/Banger/Not Ayers

Baam
04-28-2015, 05:29 PM
Could really help a number of teams... Could see him go as high as 6 to the Kings to pair him with Cousins... But like Chinook I don't really see the point on the Spurs, he's gonna be a role player with limited upside.

AFBlue
04-28-2015, 11:06 PM
I think he's a really versatile player, but I don't think the Spurs have the assets to move up far enough to land him. No, Splitter will not net you a lottery pick. I do like the kid though...very impressed with how he handled Kentucky's vaunted frontline.

lmbebo
04-28-2015, 11:09 PM
Would like him. Some mock drafts him in the late lottery. No way we get there.

AFBlue
04-28-2015, 11:10 PM
Y'all made the Kaminsky specific draft thread, already?... Awesome!

I actually think Kaminsky has real chance of being a Spur. He's the Dirk/Bonner, ceiling/floor kinda player that gives Pop a hard on. Diaw 2.0 wasn't expected to slide to the Spurs pick, last year. Teams didn't know what to do with all that slow, and they knew full well that the Spurs did. So they let the Spurs have him, kinda reminds me of the nfl draft. Teams let the Cowboys have Manziel, but the Cowboys didn't take the bait. Here's another perfect Spur clone, Bonner 2.0, maybe teams will be a similar kinda reluctant. They don't know what to do with all the white-boy defense, but the Spurs do. I think the Spurs even trade up for this guy, if needed. I hope it doesn't cost Mills or Tiago. Maybe if he slips to that Wallace salary dump Celtics range, the Spurs could actually use big cap space on a project without that Nesterovic, RJ taste.

The only thing that concerns me is if the Spurs land him, they might dick around with him like Anderson. Anderson should have been playing a lot more bench 4 and possibly even some of those spot starts that Bonner and Baynes got. Kaminsky would totally "should be the Anderson alternate" that Pop has a Bonner for. By that i mean, next years Anderson has been dick'd around with enough to make Pop real wet for him. And if the Spurs land Kaminsky, Pop would probably just sit him behind Bonner, Anderson, and whatever Ayers replacement they find. Kaminsky would be the "hasn't been broken in by Poop, yet" guy.

4 Diaw/Not Bonner/Timmy, Anderson/Kaminsky/Not Ayers/Not Bonner
5 Timmy/Tiago Tiago/Banger/Not Ayers

Letting players grow into the system while there isn't a need or opportunity for a significant role is actually something I love about this organization. Getting serious minutes with the D-league affiliate that runs the same sets and learning in a less intense environment is huge for a player's development and Pop's sanity.

lmbebo
04-29-2015, 12:28 AM
Spurs run a complex system, hard to pick up. Anderson wasn't exactly ready to be a steady contributor this year. Jury is still out if he'll be able to next year. Spurs send players to Austin who need play time. Its not bad. I'm sure Anderson could have helped in a few games, but he's also look overmatched at times this year as well. He's got the skill set to play, just needs experience.

BG_Spurs_Fan
04-29-2015, 01:41 AM
Not the greatest upside, admittedly, but would be an amazing value pick at around 15. I think he'll go higher.

Think the Spurs would value cap space more than any realistically obtainable first round pick's salary though and trade out of the first round. I wouldn't mind them trading this year's pick for a 2016 or 2017 1st. Will be worth much more then than now.

Uriel
04-29-2015, 04:28 AM
22-year old senior. No thanks.

Cklbmk
04-30-2015, 04:53 AM
Could really help a number of teams... Could see him go as high as 6 to the Kings to pair him with Cousins... But like Chinook I don't really see the point on the Spurs, he's gonna be a role player with limited upside.

6 is way too high. The highest I've seen him in a mock is 11. most have him 15-20.

He would fit very well with Splitter on the court. Baynes too(if he stays). He'd be a great piece for the future. He has a unique skill set that we could do wonders with

Cklbmk
04-30-2015, 04:54 AM
I think he's a really versatile player, but I don't think the Spurs have the assets to move up far enough to land him. No, Splitter will not net you a lottery pick. I do like the kid though...very impressed with how he handled Kentucky's vaunted frontline.

Splitter + 26 could net Hawk's 15th pick I bet

Cklbmk
04-30-2015, 04:56 AM
22-year old senior. No thanks.

Last time we drafted a 22 year old college senior coming off college player of the year it busted hard too.. OH WAIT. Duncan wasn't that bad of a pick.

DrunkTXLabrat
04-30-2015, 01:42 PM
Last time we drafted a 22 year old college senior coming off college player of the year it busted hard too.. OH WAIT. Duncan wasn't that bad of a pick.

nice!

Uriel
04-30-2015, 08:07 PM
Duncan was 21 when he was drafted. And he had already been dominating the college game for the past couple of years. Kaminsky is a full year older, and didn't really start coming into his own until his senior year. And even then, he didn't have nearly the impact nor the upside that Duncan had at the time.

Apples to oranges.

Cklbmk
05-01-2015, 08:14 AM
Duncan was 21 when he was drafted. And he had already been dominating the college game for the past couple of years. Kaminsky is a full year older, and didn't really start coming into his own until his senior year. And even then, he didn't have nearly the impact nor the upside that Duncan had at the time.

Apples to oranges.

Not really. 1 year doesn't make a difference. They're both fundamentally sound hard workers who make their teams better and find ways to get teammates involved. Thats exactly what we need

AFBlue
05-01-2015, 05:16 PM

Apples to oranges.

Kaminsky was legit last year too. Not that it translates to success in the NBA, but Kaminsky has been steady good for at least a couple years.

CGD
05-02-2015, 08:37 AM
I like him, but not sure how the Spurs could get him at where he's likely to go.

Cklbmk
06-09-2015, 06:40 AM
Rumored at 6 to the Nuggets.

dey b reachin