PDA

View Full Version : Clippers don't get called for fouls that matter and vice versa on Spurs

cantthinkofanything
04-27-2015, 09:03 AM
Refs were bad all around. But I can't stand watching the Clippers throw their legs and arms out and get fucking foul calls. I really wish someone would show CP3 what a true hard foul is.
And on the other end, Spurs going to the basket can't buy a call.

And all those calls on the defense when the offensive player jumps into him.

Plus, can you believe how bad Parker is!?!?!?!?!

unleashbaynes
04-27-2015, 09:10 AM
Game 4 was terribly reffed. Spurs take ball to hoop, hard contact, no foul. Clippers take ball to hoop, light contact, immediate whistle. Normally it changes as the game moves along but the Clips got every reffing advantage yesterday.

FromWayDowntown
04-27-2015, 09:13 AM
SA shot 35 FTA to the Clippers 26. The teams were called for the same number of fouls. The difference is that the Clippers were extremely aggressive and got a lot of And-1 opportunities for their effort. The Spurs weren't as aggressive and mostly got 2 shot opportunities, and then didn't convert them. Nobody was in particular foul trouble while the game was truly in dispute, other than Chris Paul and maybe Matt Barnes, but the Spurs didn't do anything to take advantage of those things. And the officials didn't allow the Clippers to shoot 54%.

The Spurs lost because they didn't play with the same urgency that the Clippers did and were poor in a variety of ways, mostly on the defensive end -- though some of the offensive decision making was puzzling at times, too.

The officials -- and Tom Washington in particular -- didn't have a banner day. But blaming the officiating is weak.

unleashbaynes
04-27-2015, 09:16 AM
^clips got and-1 a lot because the calls were soft. generally when someone is actually fouled they don't make the shot to boot.

cantthinkofanything
04-27-2015, 09:25 AM
SA shot 35 FTA to the Clippers 26. The teams were called for the same number of fouls. The difference is that the Clippers were extremely aggressive and got a lot of And-1 opportunities for their effort. The Spurs weren't as aggressive and mostly got 2 shot opportunities, and then didn't convert them. Nobody was in particular foul trouble while the game was truly in dispute, other than Chris Paul and maybe Matt Barnes, but the Spurs didn't do anything to take advantage of those things. And the officials didn't allow the Clippers to shoot 54%.

The Spurs lost because they didn't play with the same urgency that the Clippers did and were poor in a variety of ways, mostly on the defensive end -- though some of the offensive decision making was puzzling at times, too.

The officials -- and Tom Washington in particular -- didn't have a banner day. But blaming the officiating is weak.

Where did I blame the officiating? Just sick of watching Paul hop around and bitch about calls that he doesn't get when in fact he gets plenty. I thought the blocking call on Patty was incorrect as well as the one on DG guarding Paul at halfcourt.

And IMO, the Spurs don't get rewarded when going to the basket as much as the Clippers do. And that still doesn't excuse the no-calls when Parker drives. He takes the exact same amount of contact to the body or legs that Paul does but doesn't get nearly the calls. Duncan seems to get hacked quite a bit also.

But last night, I think the Clippers could bitch about calls going against them as well.

It's the inconsistency of the calls that bugs me. They let them play physical here and there but then all of a sudden, it's a ticky tack foul or a foul that was ignored on the play before.

Espeically when the defensive player jumps and the offensive player drives into him. It was 50/50 which way they called it.

Biggems
04-27-2015, 09:31 AM
The refs were calling some lame crap on the Spurs and letting the Spurs get hammered on the other end. However, when the Spurs did get to the line, they missed several FTs. Parker missed 4, Duncan missed 2 or 3, Manu missed half of his. You have to make your FTs.

Also, they couldn't make open shots, kept missing layups, kept passing up open looks (only to settle for very difficult shots or even turn it over), and they couldn't secure defensive rebounds when they needed to. Also, they left that scrub as bitch, Austin Rivers, rip them a new asshole.

That is why they lost.

Green needs to get his head out of his ass already on the offensive end. Splitter needs to let his nuts hang instead of constantly vagging out. Baynes needs more playing time, as he will definitely deliver hard fouls and go hard to the hoop.

cantthinkofanything
04-27-2015, 09:34 AM
The refs were calling some lame crap on the Spurs and letting the Spurs get hammered on the other end. However, when the Spurs did get to the line, they missed several FTs. Parker missed 4, Duncan missed 2 or 3, Manu missed half of his. You have to make your FTs.

Also, they couldn't make open shots, kept missing layups, kept passing up open looks (only to settle for very difficult shots or even turn it over), and they couldn't secure defensive rebounds when they needed to. Also, they left that scrub as bitch, Austin Rivers, rip them a new asshole.

That is why they lost.

Green needs to get his head out of his ass already on the offensive end. Splitter needs to let his nuts hang instead of constantly vagging out. Baynes needs more playing time, as he will definitely deliver hard fouls and go hard to the hoop.

Even Tim was soft yesterday. He got the ball low several times and should have just gone up strong with it. But he pulled it back down and passed out. Was at least 3 or 4 times where I thought he had an easy lay-in.

Darius Bieber
04-27-2015, 09:35 AM
Spurs suck and this series is over. The refs are the last to blame..

cantthinkofanything
04-27-2015, 09:41 AM
Spurs suck and this series is over. The refs are the last to blame..

Spurs will still win but if they don't, here is the Official Order of Blame

Parker
Green
Splitter
Refs
Clippers shooting

Raven
04-27-2015, 09:52 AM
chris paul playing like an offensive tackle and earning fouls for it, was annoying. the rest was good enough.

testies
04-27-2015, 09:57 AM
Spurs will still win but if they don't, here is the Official Order of Blame

Parker
Green
Splitter
Refs
Clippers shooting

Never blame Tim Duncan.. Dude played the worst pick n roll defense I've ever seen, missed 2 bunnies, "bUT HeSz Da FoUNDAtiOn bEcAuSe PoP is nOT A XeNopHobE and always gives our foreigners the credit"

RD2191
04-27-2015, 10:14 AM
The only thing I can complain about is CP3s little run and stop and get fouled from behind bullshit. Someone needs to push that faggot to the floor hard when he does that.

cantthinkofanything
04-27-2015, 11:25 AM
The only thing I can complain about is CP3s little run and stop and get fouled from behind bullshit. Someone needs to push that faggot to the floor hard when he does that.

I think it needs to be Parker. Parker takes him down hard and then fake humps him while swinging an imaginary lasso over his head. Paul is humiliated and we lose Parker for a couple of games. Win Win.

RD2191
04-27-2015, 11:30 AM
I think it needs to be Parker. Parker takes him down hard and then fake humps him while swinging an imaginary lasso over his head. Paul is humiliated and we lose Parker for a couple of games. Win Win.
:lolnot a bad idea

cantthinkofanything
04-27-2015, 11:45 AM
:lolnot a bad idea

But I would hate for CP3 one up Parker.

Suppose Paul then starts grinding his butt into Parker's junk and acting like he likes it. So then Parker would have to pull Paul's face to his crotch and feign ejaculation.

Chomag
04-27-2015, 11:50 AM
Umm Spurs have been getting most of the calls. You guys I swear... Spurs just got beat by a good team is all it is. Nut up!

The way that the Spurs have been shooting free throws I almost would rather them not get calls :lol

RD2191
04-27-2015, 11:54 AM
But I would hate for CP3 one up Parker.

Suppose Paul then starts grinding his butt into Parker's junk and acting like he likes it. So then Parker would have to pull Paul's face to his crotch and feign ejaculation.
:lmao

cantthinkofanything
04-27-2015, 11:56 AM
Umm Spurs have been getting most of the calls. You guys I swear... Spurs just got beat by a good team is all it is. Nut up!

The way that the Spurs have been shooting free throws I almost would rather them not get calls :lol

It's obvious that the refs are giving Spurs calls when it doesn't matter but they wait until pivotal moments and make sure the Clippers get them.

cantthinkofanything
04-27-2015, 12:02 PM
:lmao

Hopefully, that would draw in Blake Griffin to watching and fake masturbating. So all three would be thrown out for the series.

beirmeistr
04-27-2015, 12:41 PM
the Spurs have to man up and quit being soft. they need to foul the clips in the same manner that the clips are fouling them.

Clipper Nation
04-27-2015, 12:41 PM
Spurs got away with plenty of extracurricular pushing and shoving, and they were flopping all over the place as well. Just because the casual fan narrative is that we somehow "get all the calls" doesn't make it true.

cantthinkofanything
04-27-2015, 12:43 PM
Spurs got away with plenty of extracurricular pushing and shoving, and they were flopping all over the place as well. Just because the casual fan narrative is that we somehow "get all the calls" doesn't make it true.

You're wrong. Several analysts have already called it "one of the most biased" officiating jobs in recent playoff history.

$pursDynasty
04-27-2015, 12:49 PM
refs give the Clips the calls so they don't have to hear them wailing like a baby that lost it's pacifier. Harden and the Thunderrefs expect and get the calls, the Clips get the calls too but if they don't they go ballistic, like they paid for the fix and it ain't working the way they expected it.

Clipper Nation
04-27-2015, 02:21 PM
You're wrong. Several analysts have already called it "one of the most biased" officiating jobs in recent playoff history.
Which "analysts"? Sean Elliott and Bill Land? :lol

cantthinkofanything
04-27-2015, 02:25 PM
Which "analysts"? Sean Elliott and Bill Land? :lol

Even more respected than them.

FromWayDowntown
04-27-2015, 02:27 PM
Even more respected than them.

Which ones? Honestly curious about that assertion you made.

cantthinkofanything
04-27-2015, 02:33 PM
Which ones? Honestly curious about that assertion you made.

I don't remember. It might have been something different.

spurtech09
04-27-2015, 03:26 PM
Refs were bad all around. But I can't stand watching the Clippers throw their legs and arms out and get fucking foul calls. I really wish someone would show CP3 what a true hard foul is.
And on the other end, Spurs going to the basket can't buy a call.

And all those calls on the defense when the offensive player jumps into him.

Plus, can you believe how bad Parker is!?!?!?!?!Just like I said the other day....If the refs keep on thunder-reffin-it the spurs will lose th series.......

spurtech09
04-27-2015, 03:27 PM
Spurs got away with plenty of extracurricular pushing and shoving, and they were flopping all over the place as well. Just because the casual fan narrative is that we somehow "get all the calls" doesn't make it true.LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ThaBigFundamental21
04-27-2015, 06:23 PM

I actually agree. I think the Spurs should get physical with CP3, Crawford, and Reddick. Bang them up. Crawford is older and has recently had minor injuries, take his legs away. Same with Reddick, if he has no legs the 3's won't drop and he won't be as active/running our defenders all over the court. As for CP3, if even he hesitates attacking the paint for a split second that's a huge win for us. Indecision will lead to turnovers and difficult shots. I mean look at Porker. The Clippers manhandled him game 1 and now look at him. Obviously Porker is older and has more mileage, but the idea is the same.