PDA

View Full Version : Shooting baskets

cantthinkofanything
04-27-2015, 09:17 AM
Finally got some slab put down and a goal up. I forgot how relaxing it was to just go out and shoot baskets with some tunes playing. Haven't done it by myself in over 10 years.
Pretty damn impressed that I can still shoot around 50% from deep. I really thought it was going to be pretty ugly.

lebomb
04-27-2015, 09:27 AM
Finally got some slab put down and a goal up. I forgot how relaxing it was to just go out and shoot baskets with some tunes playing. Haven't done it by myself in over 10 years.
Pretty damn impressed that I can still shoot around 50% from deep. I really thought it was going to be pretty ugly.

Playing on 8ft goals with a girls basketball doesnt count. :nope

cantthinkofanything
04-27-2015, 09:32 AM

Well it does have a crank to lower it...

That was the shit back in the day though...trying to find a school that had the low goals on two ends of a court. Then having to move on once the rims got fucked up.
Some dumbasses actually put up breakaway rims outside on a court at an elementary school. They were the good kind and back then I think they ran several hundred dollars each.
Anyway, we got to play there for a couple of weeks before someone stole them.

TDMVPDPOY
04-27-2015, 09:57 AM
did u put a net behind ur backboard? so the ball doesnt bounce off the rim and into neighbors backyard

m>s
04-27-2015, 09:57 AM
Why is it that outside the nba blacks can't hoop? I used to go out with an all white squad made up of football players and niggas would get soooo mad when they lost and act like they wanted to fight (but always backed down)

lebomb
04-27-2015, 09:59 AM
Why is it that outside the nba blacks can't hoop? I used to go out with an all white squad made up of football players and niggas would get soooo mad when they lost and act like they wanted to fight (but always backed down)

Well you crackas need to stop playing pickup games with niggras from the school of the blind.

Avante
04-27-2015, 10:07 AM
Look at this, a guy shooting some baskets and look at the punks. This is why I act like I do, I've never seen so many pricks on one board before as we have here. Is this a Texas thing, just punks/pricks live in Texas?

lebomb
04-27-2015, 10:14 AM
Look at this, a guy shooting some baskets and look at the punks. This is why I act like I do, I've never seen so many pricks on one board before as we have here. Is this a Texas thing, just punks/pricks live in Texas?

Im just having fun clowning. I think its just punks/pricks.

Texas is cool.

Trill Clinton
04-27-2015, 10:44 AM

ahh, y'all must have been playing on the "baby court" at least that's what we called it. the hoopers would run full court games on the alpha court, i think i only remember 1 white boy with enough skill and finesse to hang with us. even still all he did was rebound and dive for loose balls.

meanwhile, the scrubs and white boys would be relegated to the halfcourt games of 3v3 or 4v4, they'd occasionally have enough to run a struggle 5v5 game on the struggle full court that was reserved for the girls to play volleyball on.

cantthinkofanything
04-27-2015, 10:51 AM
did u put a net behind ur backboard? so the ball doesnt bounce off the rim and into neighbors backyard

Our neighbor is about a half mile away so that's not a worry.

But I did make the mistake of not putting enough slab behind the rim area. Only about a foot. So there are some shots that hit that edge and take off.

Sooooo I did order one of those net things that redirects makes and misses back to the court.

m>s
04-27-2015, 10:51 AM
Nope I know what you're talking about but usually the scrub games were pretty mixed, sometimes you'd see little Chinese kids over there and sometimes their ball would bounce over to our court and I'd punt that shit away before somebody got a twisted ankle. Blacks in my experience ball hog and have no strategy I think that's it.

cantthinkofanything
04-27-2015, 11:00 AM
ahh, y'all must have been playing on the "baby court" at least that's what we called it. the hoopers would run full court games on the alpha court, i think i only remember 1 white boy with enough skill and finesse to hang with us. even still all he did was rebound and dive for loose balls.

meanwhile, the scrubs and white boys would be relegated to the halfcourt games of 3v3 or 4v4, they'd occasionally have enough to run a struggle 5v5 game on the struggle full court that was reserved for the girls to play volleyball on.

Man we played plenty on the big boy courts. Over at the JC outdoor court, we have the black and whites all together. But there's times when it's just fun to have 3v3 dunk fests.

No racist, but blacks call the most bullshit fouls. Especially around game point. Calling charges. LMAO.

DMC
04-28-2015, 09:54 AM
Every black male in the USA plays basketball as a kid and in school, every day before class, at lunch and until dark. It's not surprising that less than 1/1000th of them go to the NBA.

http://www.besttickets.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Most-Efficient-States.png

There are 21.5 million black men in the US. There are what, 450 or so players in the NBA? Even if every one was a US born black male, that's .002% of them actually playing in the NBA, yet every one of them pretends they have a legit shot. Every podunk HS has it's lanky monkeyballer who the town thinks is the up and coming... and they might or might not even get a free ride at the local halfway college.

Yeah, blacks outside the NBA aren't that good at basketball, but that's not from lack of trying.

Leetonidas
04-28-2015, 10:02 AM
dem negroes should be thanking their what oppressors from breeding them all those years with superior slave genes so they have something they're actually good at. Like Thomas Jefferson said, the negro is a creature of the body, not of the mind, so it's nice that massa gave them superior genes to do something besides sell crack and loot liquor stores tbh

DMC
04-28-2015, 10:10 AM
dem negroes should be thanking their what oppressors from breeding them all those years with superior slave genes so they have something they're actually good at. Like Thomas Jefferson said, the negro is a creature of the body, not of the mind, so it's nice that massa gave them superior genes to do something besides sell crack and loot liquor stores tbh
I thought it was George Jefferson that said it.