PDA

View Full Version : Is MVParker due to have a great game?

playbonner15
04-28-2015, 07:47 AM
I know he plays like shit these past 4 games. But I know he's about to go off. Hopefully before the Spurs get eliminated

spursparker9
04-28-2015, 07:53 AM
If he try to go off, the others suffer.

SupremeGuy
04-28-2015, 07:55 AM
If he try to go off, the others suffer.This.

TheGoldStandard
04-28-2015, 08:03 AM
Bonner has a better chance of going off at this point.

SpurAddict561
04-28-2015, 09:35 AM
I sure hope he goes off

goes off the fucking floor head first into the broadcast table, causing a traumatic head injury, requiring immediate hospitalization.

hater
04-28-2015, 09:37 AM
Not likely he is still riddled with injuries.

As I said before MVParker will not "turn it on all of a sudden" it's just not going to happen. Not physically possible.

I do believe he is due for a great leadership game and due for some big shots in clutch time.

Love me some MVParker :tu

RD2191
04-28-2015, 09:37 AM
I sure hope he goes off

goes off the fucking floor head first into the broadcast table, causing a traumatic head injury, requiring immediate hospitalization.
:lmao

Skull-1
04-28-2015, 09:46 AM
I know he plays like shit these past 4 games. But I know he's about to go off. Hopefully before the Spurs get eliminated

When else would he do it? Afterwards? :rolleyes

EVAY
04-28-2015, 09:50 AM
Due? yes.

Likely to have one? No, not with his ailments.

Skull-1
04-28-2015, 11:32 AM
Due? yes.

Likely to have one? No, not with his ailments.

Yeah, hard to play ball with a broken vagina...

Johnny RIngo
04-28-2015, 11:37 AM
Never knew "choking in the playoffs" was an ailment. Tony seems to come down with that every year around April/May.

Raven
04-28-2015, 11:40 AM
he is not having bad games just because, he has them because he is not mobile anymore. So no.

RD2191
04-28-2015, 11:44 AM
Never knew "choking in the playoffs" was an ailment. Tony seems to come down with that every year around April/May.

Malik Hairston
04-28-2015, 11:45 AM
I sure hope he goes off

Malik Hairston
04-28-2015, 11:45 AM

:lmao Ya, he really needs to see a doctor for that, it has been plaguing him for 12 years..

cantthinkofanything
04-28-2015, 11:47 AM
he is not having bad games just because, he has them because he is not mobile anymore. So no.

Not true. The biggest issue with his game in this series has been his inability to make a short jump shot. He had some good drives the other night but any time they gave him room to shoot, he couldn't make them pay.

EVAY
04-28-2015, 11:52 AM
Yeah, hard to play ball with a broken vagina...

As a woman, I'm a bit less than impressed with your references to female body parts as indicative of weakness. Your little ass was born through one of those things, fella.

Malik Hairston
04-28-2015, 11:53 AM
As a woman, I'm a bit less than impressed with your references to female body parts as indicative of weakness. Your little ass was born through one of those things, fella.
:lol

cantthinkofanything
04-28-2015, 11:54 AM

If I may intervene...I think the analogy is based on his game being sloppy and stinky. Not weakness.

loveforthegame
04-28-2015, 11:57 AM

Thank you for this. :tu

Raven
04-28-2015, 12:05 PM
Not true. The biggest issue with his game in this series has been his inability to make a short jump shot. He had some good drives the other night but any time they gave him room to shoot, he couldn't make them pay.

it's really the same thing, his legs are shot.

cantthinkofanything
04-28-2015, 12:11 PM
it's really the same thing, his legs are shot.

Your comment was that he isn't mobile anymore which I assumed you meant due to his age. Which shouldn't be affecting his shot. He may lose quickness but he should not be losing leg strength at his age. At least not enough to keep him from hitting a short jump shot.

EVAY
04-28-2015, 12:20 PM
If I may intervene...I think the analogy is based on his game being sloppy and stinky. Not weakness.

Don't intervene next time if that's all you have to offer, please.

Raven
04-28-2015, 12:25 PM
Your comment was that he isn't mobile anymore which I assumed you meant due to his age. Which shouldn't be affecting his shot. He may lose quickness but he should not be losing leg strength at his age. At least not enough to keep him from hitting a short jump shot.

he has the athletic age of tim duncan and manu ginobili, of course he'll lose a step. Once injuries start to pile up, getting back to the top form is harder and harder. Jumping is important and he has 0 lift when making a jumper, that is very apparent.

Beaverfuzz
04-28-2015, 12:28 PM
If he try to go off, the others suffer.

Correct, it's if Verde scores...that's the key.

cantthinkofanything
04-28-2015, 12:34 PM
he has the athletic age of tim duncan and manu ginobili, of course he'll lose a step. Once injuries start to pile up, getting back to the top form is harder and harder. Jumping is important and he has 0 lift when making a jumper, that is very apparent.

Sorry. I'm not buying that. Do you play much basketball? Serious question.

Hitting a jump shot from the top of the key is not that hard. They've been wide open for the most part. It's not a difficult compensation to make if his legs are tired or injured. Seriously. I don't expect him to consistently pull up and hit a 20 footer over a wing. But being able to at least shoot 40-50% on open shots from the elbow? And it's not like he was in a wheelchair on Sunday. He looked in pretty good shape getting to the basket. You can't honestly tell me that his legs were really the reason he was 0 for whatever on shots other than layups.

cantthinkofanything
04-28-2015, 12:35 PM
Don't intervene next time if that's all you have to offer, please.

okey dokey

SpurAddict561
04-28-2015, 12:36 PM
The people in here still thinking Parker has a shot at doing anything towards the success of the Spurs in this series are obviously either delusional as fuck or from France.

He's been shitting the bed ALL SEASON, this didn't JUST START. Get him the fuck out of here, Pop. It's more realistic we'll see the resurgence of Len Bias before we see productivity from Tony Parker.

cantthinkofanything
04-28-2015, 12:38 PM
The people in here still thinking Parker has a shot at doing anything towards the success of the Spurs in this series are obviously either delusional as fuck or from France.

He's been shitting the bed ALL SEASON, this didn't JUST START. Get him the fuck out of here, Pop. It's more realistic we'll see the resurgence of Len Bias before we see productivity from Tony Parker.

I'd be OK trading out Parker for Bias.

SpurAddict561
04-28-2015, 12:39 PM
As sure as Alvin Robertson's basement is packed with 16 year old Asian hookers, Tony Parker will flop and fail tonight.

He's DONE

cantthinkofanything
04-28-2015, 12:42 PM
As sure as Alvin Robertson's basement is packed with 16 year old Asian hookers, Tony Parker will flop and fail tonight.

He's DONE

LOL. I'd like to hear Ernie Johnson use that analogy.

But I do think TP will come out and hit shots tonight. I have no basis for this other than he's due. He's had good looks.

vander
04-28-2015, 12:49 PM
law of averages is useless.

been waiting for and believing in the possibility of Bonner to have a good playoff game since... uh, I guess since he got here

Chomag
04-28-2015, 12:50 PM
3 more years 40 mil... For that contract he should be a top contributor, but I dont see it happening and only see him getting worse over the off-season. He is what he is, but we fans really don't have much room to make fun of the Lakers with Kobe's contract do we.

Best thing for Parker to do is for him to realize that he just isnt that great anymore and becomes more of mentor and take a vet leadership roll

quentin_compson
04-28-2015, 01:00 PM
Relatively speaking, Parker wasn't that terrible in Game 4. At least he was able to get to the rim and finish at a decent clip. Still, considering how much he had the ball in his hands, he didn't produce a lot of good offense, and defensively, he continues to be a liability.
His advanced numbers for the whole series are brutal, by the way: TS% at 36.2 (!), ORtg at 80 (!!) and DRtg at 111 (worst on the team).

So I wouldn't hold my breath expecting a "great" game from him - a good one would be a nice start.

cantthinkofanything
04-28-2015, 01:01 PM
Best thing for Parker to do is for him to realize that he just isnt that great anymore and becomes more of mentor and take a vet leadership roll

Yes. He can teach all of the Spur's up and coming PGs how to make bad passes and miss easy shots in critical situations.

Clipper Nation
04-28-2015, 01:03 PM
:lmao Ya, he really needs to see a doctor for that, it has been plaguing him for 12 years..

It's apparently contagious, tbh. Choke Paul, Derrick Rose, Dennis Schröder.... shit's spreading faster than Ebola. Enrique needs to be quarantined for the good of the league.

dabom
04-28-2015, 01:24 PM

Women exist in here? Now you know.

Budkin
04-28-2015, 01:25 PM
Come on TP... we need you!