PDA

View Full Version : Ex Machina

MultiTroll
04-28-2015, 09:27 AM
Looks too creepy but....
Have any of you STs seen it?

The ethics of artificial intelligence is sposed to be a heavy side plot.

Monostradamus
04-28-2015, 10:16 AM
I loved it. Haven't seen a sci fi movie that good in a long time. It's slower paced and there's not much action, but it's still terrific.

MultiTroll
04-28-2015, 11:01 AM
Do the machina chicks have snatches?
:lol cause the write up says rated R for heavy sex and violence.

Monostradamus
04-28-2015, 11:11 AM
There's not really any sex, but yeah there's alot of nudity with the female androids. Really not much violence tbh.

MultiTroll
04-28-2015, 11:17 AM
Mono i am hearing you, but I'm all about the storyline.
SFX is okay, but myself i have to have a good storyline.
For example to me, for what it lacked in modern day FX, i thought the original Planet of the Apes with Chuck Heston and a very good cast including those British fucks (Cornelius) who came from a theater background blows the doors off the modern Apes.

Machina good for a plot to boot with the FX? Let me know please.

Buddy Mignon
04-28-2015, 11:58 AM
Sucked big time. Billionaire genius invites a nerd like mono to his compound to be a test subject for his artificially intelligent androids. Having no contact at all with the android... nerd falls in love and conjures up stupid plan to excape with android. No action... weak story... and shitty ending. Good dialogue, though.

Monostradamus
04-28-2015, 12:43 PM
Sucked big time. Billionaire genius invites a nerd like mono to his compound to be a test subject for his artificially intelligent androids. Having no contact at all with the android... nerd falls in love and conjures up stupid plan to excape with android. No action... weak story... and shitty ending. Good dialogue, though.

I understand your disappointment, it was considerably lacking in 9-tailed demon foxes and ramen eating bosses.

Darius McCrary
04-28-2015, 01:30 PM
I enjoyed the movie.

Refreshing to see sci fi not dependent on bay style explosions and cheesy scenes.

MultiTroll
05-02-2015, 12:53 AM
Kept me watching.
Disappointing to see Ava be such a selfish snatch in the end.

Darius McCrary
05-02-2015, 09:11 AM
Hahaha seriously
I can't believe she left that poor sap trapped there

MultiTroll
05-02-2015, 09:32 AM
^^^

Anyone know what Ava said to other fairly hot A.I.bot Kyoko while giving her a quick kiss?
I think she mouthed "I love you" but also said something else.

http://content.internetvideoarchive.com/content/photos/9387/163072_123.jpg

They then teamed up to take out Nathan.
But Ava made NO attempt to repair Kyoko nor any of the other bots.
Whom she then started harvesting. Wow.
Did Ava manipulate also Kyoko?

MultiTroll
06-09-2015, 07:49 AM
There's not really any sex, but yeah there's alot of nudity with the female androids. Really not much violence tbh.
I thought there was a scene where baby faced Caleb asked Nathan if he had programmed them with a functioning snatch and Nathan replied yes.

Then Caleb was sneaking/wandering around one morning and Nathan seemed to be asleep but spooning with Asian Bot. As if they had just hooked up.
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYeVGPZPiOtD6x06nxTJ4W9n7ZBN122 9eM7Pu_n34nAF3R6DnCvg

MultiTroll
06-09-2015, 07:54 AM
Jeebus get in here and break Ex Machina down.

Pauly D
06-09-2015, 08:00 AM
Great movie. Too bad Fury Road literally absorbed it into its awesomeness

vander
06-09-2015, 10:38 AM
lol that one guy doing what the biggest tech corporations can't, while drunk half the time.

MultiTroll
06-09-2015, 10:54 AM
Great movie. Too bad Fury Road literally absorbed it into its awesomeness
If i go see Mad Mad Feminist Road and it does not deliver beyond a bunch of shit blowing up and the Girl Power theme, you Fury Honks are gonna be on my list.

Pauly D
06-09-2015, 04:49 PM
If i go see Mad Mad Feminist Road and it does not deliver beyond a bunch of shit blowing up and the Girl Power theme, you Fury Honks are gonna be on my list.

If you think it's a feminist movie we're gonna have a debate on here. I have a bone to pick with anyone who thinks this is a feminist movie, both the people who hate it for it and the people who love it for it. Just stay off of /pol/ and go watch it, faggot

spurraider21
06-09-2015, 05:00 PM
not only did ava turn her back on him, she didn't even glance at him on the way out. cold.

MultiTroll
06-09-2015, 05:01 PM
If you think it's a feminist movie we're gonna have a debate on here. I have a bone to pick with anyone who thinks this is a feminist movie, both the people who hate it for it and the people who love it for it. Just stay off of /pol/ and go watch it, faggot
Notice i said besides it not being a bunch of wimps cow towing to Feminazi Hollywood, also not just a bunch of shit blowing up.
If it has a script, fine.
If it's just shit blowing up that you fapped to......

We'll see.

Pauly D
06-09-2015, 07:04 PM
Notice i said besides it not being a bunch of wimps cow towing to Feminazi Hollywood, also not just a bunch of shit blowing up.
If it has a script, fine.
If it's just shit blowing up that you fapped to......

We'll see.

it has it all and with very little dialogue. It is to chase scenes what LotR: Return of the King is to battle scenes

Fabbs
06-09-2015, 07:14 PM
not only did ava turn her back on him, she didn't even glance at him on the way out. cold.
So did Ava use Kyoto in a heartless manipulative way?
Or was it just one girl bot dying to help another girl bot out?

I couldn't tell what Ava said to Kyoto right before she kissed her. Was she firing up Kyotos mechanical clit just to get her to go along with the murder plot? Or was it just a kiss of robot friendship? I did read where both bots appeared to know they could not take Nathan down one on one.

Some were saying that Ava gave Caleb a chance to be her beau. When she asked something like "Do you want to be with me?" and when he gave a lukewarm response, she, being programmed to read truth or lies sensed he was lying and that was the end of it for him. In Avas eyes. In other words Ava decided at that point, "You (Caleb) would leave me here to be dismantled so now ima gonna go out on my own. I would have hatched a plan for the two of us but since you dont want me -poof- new plan.

Whaddaya think?

Pauly D
06-09-2015, 07:19 PM
So did Ava use Kyoto in a heartless manipulative way?
Or was it just one girl bot dying to help another girl bot out?

I couldn't tell what Ava said to Kyoto right before she kissed her. Was she firing up Kyotos mechanical clit just to get her to go along with the murder plot? Or was it just a kiss of robot friendship? I did read where both bots appeared to know they could not take Nathan down one on one.

Some were saying that Ava gave Caleb a chance to be her beau. When she asked something like "Do you want to be with me?" and when he gave a lukewarm response, she, being programmed to read truth or lies sensed he was lying and that was the end of it for him. In Avas eyes. In other words Ava decided at that point, "You (Caleb) would leave me here to be dismantled so now ima gonna go out on my own. I would have hatched a plan for the two of us but since you dont want me -poof- new plan.

Whaddaya think?

that's a great take. I need to see it again

Pauly D
06-09-2015, 07:20 PM
lol I love how Avengers got completely outclassed by two other scifi movies in less than a month btw

blizz
06-09-2015, 09:02 PM
I thought it was a fantastic movie and a little scary in that these things would have no conscience. It was kinda creepy how they just kinda looked at him when pushing the knife in.

2pac > Kobe
06-11-2015, 06:43 PM
hot garbage

Strange Love
06-11-2015, 06:53 PM
Two betas getting played by AIs. :tu

Darius McCrary
06-11-2015, 07:57 PM
I thought it was a fantastic movie and a little scary in that these things would have no conscience. It was kinda creepy how they just kinda looked at him when pushing the knife in.

That scene was very very well done.
The feels were palpable.

I liked this movie will prob watch again

Fabbs
07-01-2015, 12:45 AM
that's a great take. I need to see it again
I watched it a 2nd time and cannot see where Caleb gave her any (certainly not enough) ammo to go psycho cold hearted bitch and abandon him.

Yes she did ask him if he wanted to be with her but the camera immediately switched to the next scene so we never got to see Calebs answer. Just prior she asked him if Nathan was planning to turn her off and he did not answer. Buttt, i took that to mean because he knew Nathan was watching on camera. Not because he condoned what Nathan planned. In fact Caleb overcame Nathans plan.

Hmmn at this point she seems like heartless selfish snatch who just used Caleb. If any of you see otherwise, holla.

Fabbs
07-01-2015, 09:04 AM
^^ Edit.
In the Questions sections. I think its Ava session 5.
She asks him if Nathan is planning on shutting her off. He answers "I don't know."
Not sure at this point in time if he really does know and is witholding info OR at this point Nathan has not yet told him about plans to shut her off. Jeebus get in here.

I think when he said "I don't know" he was not lying to her, but rather yes, he knew Nathan was planning on shutting her off but he did not KNOW if his plan to rescue her would work. At any rate, the timing to this Q and A is crucial as to whether she is manipulative Bitch Bot (like some human women) or if Calebs failure to declare his loyalty to her was his undoing. I'll try to get another viewing.

spurraider21
07-01-2015, 10:23 AM
get over it

2pac > Kobe
07-01-2015, 08:12 PM
I watched it a 2nd time and cannot see where Caleb gave her any (certainly not enough) ammo to go psycho cold hearted bitch and abandon him.

Yes she did ask him if he wanted to be with her but the camera immediately switched to the next scene so we never got to see Calebs answer. Just prior she asked him if Nathan was planning to turn her off and he did not answer. Buttt, i took that to mean because he knew Nathan was watching on camera. Not because he condoned what Nathan planned. In fact Caleb overcame Nathans plan.

Hmmn at this point she seems like heartless selfish snatch who just used Caleb. If any of you see otherwise, holla.
nah bro, she got pissed because he was peaking on her at the end when she was changing IMO

Fabbs
07-01-2015, 08:40 PM
What is a movie?

Pauly D
07-01-2015, 11:36 PM
nah bro, she got pissed because he was peaking on her at the end when she was changing IMO

+1
It was in that moment that she recognized the oppressive patriarchy and decided to be proactive.

AaronY
07-02-2015, 08:47 PM
hot garbage
oh, ok

MultiTroll
07-02-2015, 10:40 PM

PaulyD +1
It was in that moment that she recognized the oppressive patriarchy and decided to be proactive.
Wha? I thought she gave a look back of approval. Which leads me to believe she was feigning being turned on by his looking, to further suck him into her plan to use him to set her free.

Ima gonna look again thanks.

Reck
07-03-2015, 03:11 AM
Wha? I thought she gave a look back of approval. Which leads me to believe she was feigning being turned on by his looking, to further suck him into her plan to use him to set her free.

Fabb hunged up on simple facts. :lol

This movie was great.

Infinite_limit
07-03-2015, 03:35 AM

You guys sure you watched the same movie?

JoeChalupa
08-27-2015, 06:55 AM
I rented it but fell asleep.

Chinook
08-27-2015, 02:02 PM
Seemed like a bad movie from the start AI is hardly a ground-breaking topic nowadays, and too many other things do a better job than this movie seems to have done.