PDA

View Full Version : Couple takeaways from game 4

sexinthatsx
04-28-2015, 02:03 PM
1. Clippers learned that refs do not call illegal screens, so they used cp3 to run the pick and pop to get their buckets down the stretch. We need either Patty Mills or Parker to be able to do the same on pick and pops effectively without the stupid mandatory passes that are unnecessary. When you have a good shot, just take it.
2. Cojo has barely played (if at all) in Game 4. I believe this series isn't really cut out for Parker imo, and use Mills to get the 3's, while I believe Cojo can do a good job covering cp3.
3. Matt Bonner should be able to stretch the defense - I expect Deandre Jordan to be able to block Bonner on the jump shot, but merely having Deandre Jordan guarding Bonner out at the 3 point line is so much better than having him stay in the paint.

in2deep
04-28-2015, 02:05 PM
matt bonner is shooting 14% from 3PT in the series

good luck with that :lol

cd98
04-28-2015, 02:15 PM
I think the Spurs need to be careful about getting over the limit on fouls. While fouling DeAndre Jordan may lead to empty Clipper possessions, if he's subbed out, you can count on Chris Paul flailing around to draw fouls. Flailing even when he isn't actually touched.

itzsoweezee
04-28-2015, 02:17 PM

And on wide open looks at that

sexinthatsx
04-28-2015, 02:24 PM

Matt Bonner scared Serge Ibaka shitless when he had looks form the 3 point line last year. If Deandre is still willing to gamble being in the paint for the rebound, that's his choice. But I'm willing to bet that it will take DJ off the paint.

sexinthatsx
04-28-2015, 02:26 PM

If you made an NBA career of 3 point shooting, and you're still shooting 14% in the series, I can assure you Doc Rivers will not gamble giving Bonner a free look from downtown.

in2deep
04-28-2015, 02:28 PM
Matt Bonner scared Serge Ibaka shitless when he had looks form the 3 point line last year. If Deandre is still willing to gamble being in the paint for the rebound, that's his choice. But I'm willing to bet that it will take DJ off the paint.

matt bonner is shooting 14% from 3PT WIDE OPEN in the series

good luck with that

in2deep
04-28-2015, 02:30 PM
If you made an NBA career of 3 point shooting, and you're still shooting 14% in the series, I can assure you Doc Rivers will not gamble giving Bonner a free look from downtown.

matt bonner's career PLAYOFF 3 PT % is 34%

good luck with that

itzsoweezee
04-28-2015, 02:34 PM
But I'm willing to bet that it will take DJ off the paint.

The fact that Bonner has gotten wide open looks suggests otherwise.

sexinthatsx
04-28-2015, 02:36 PM
The fact that Bonner has gotten wide open looks suggests otherwise.

Well, I honestly don't mind giving the ball to Matt Bonner to keep shooting 3's if he has wide open shots.

hater
04-28-2015, 02:39 PM
:lmao dude Matt Bonner is beyond finished. and he's always sucked in the playoffs. just give that idea up tbh :lol

hater
04-28-2015, 02:40 PM

he has ONLY had wide open looks. nobody within 5 feet of him. He still bricked. He is physically DONE.

sexinthatsx
04-28-2015, 02:44 PM
he has ONLY had wide open looks. nobody within 5 feet of him. He still bricked. He is physically DONE.

Matt Bonner is one of the biggest reasons the Spurs were able to get past the Thunder last year.

itzsoweezee
04-28-2015, 02:46 PM
Matt Bonner is one of the biggest reasons the Spurs were able to get past the Thunder last year.

What? What series were you watching? If you'd said Boris, I'd agree with you. Bonner barely played.

deibero
04-28-2015, 02:52 PM
3. Matt Bonner should be able to stretch the defense - I expect Deandre Jordan to be able to block Bonner on the jump shot, but merely having Deandre Jordan guarding Bonner out at the 3 point line is so much better than having him stay in the paint.

I dont think thats even the case. They can put DJ on Duncan and Blake on Bonner without a problem.

Budkin
04-28-2015, 02:54 PM

How about Danny Green. He shot 0% in Game 4 from 3. We are FUCKED if that continues.

sexinthatsx
04-28-2015, 03:00 PM
What? What series were you watching? If you'd said Boris, I'd agree with you. Bonner barely played.

Did you watch the series? There was a stretch during the series where Boris was struggling, so Pop made an adjustment to put in Bonner. Whenever Bonner go the ball and was about to shoot, Ibaka was overzealous on defense and led to a lot of made 3's or open looks in the paint.

sexinthatsx
04-28-2015, 03:00 PM
How about Danny Green. He shot 0% in Game 4 from 3. We are FUCKED if that continues.

That we can all agree on; I forgot to put that in one of the points. Danny Verde needs to step it up.

bklynspursfan
04-28-2015, 03:14 PM
Give Bonner some minutes alongside SplitterAsking for playing time for Matt Bonner screams "desperation move" but it could make sense for a handful of minutes next to Tiago Splitter (http://www.sbnation.com/nba/players/24281/tiago-splitter) to prop up the offense. With Splitter on the floor the defense is superb. Even when he doesn't share the floor with Duncan the Clippers score way below their average in points per possession. The problem is the offense dies. With Splitter on the floor the Spurs have scored 88 points per possession while their average in this series is 105.
The Diaw-Splitter duo was great on the regular season but it hasn't clicked in the playoffs. Diaw's reluctance to shoot three-pointers and his inability to make the few he takes hurts the spacing. Splitter is not as good as Duncan at navigating through traffic so he's ineffective. With Bonner next to him, the Spurs could kill the Clippers with pick and rolls, as the threat of Bonner's outside shooting would make it hard to pack the paint. Griffin will certainly go at Bonner in the post but if the help defense is on time, he shouldn't make too much damage and the Spurs switch most pick and rolls involving Griffin anyway.
If he misses some three-pointers or his presence hurts the defense and rebounding more than it helps the offense the Spurs can stop the experiment. But giving it a shot is worth it, especially considering Baynes is out of the rotation.
http://www.poundingtherock.com/2015/4/28/8508875/spurs-clippers-game-5-adjustments

cantthinkofanything
04-28-2015, 03:21 PM
[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
http://www.poundingtherock.com/2015/4/28/8508875/spurs-clippers-game-5-adjustments

https://i.imgflip.com/h7lph.gif (https://imgflip.com/gif/h7lph)

bklynspursfan
04-28-2015, 03:26 PM
People think of Bonner and freak out :lol It's actually comical... Not realizing against the Grizz in 2013 the role he played and his presence being a pretty big factor last year. The past 2 WCF's... Doesn't have to be big minutes of course, but why not.

Maybe start Diaw w/TD. Splitter and Bonner can get limited minutes to buy those guys some rest. The guy is a sneakily good defender in the post. You guys don't think he can hang with the Big Baby's or Turkoglu's of the world?

sexinthatsx
04-28-2015, 03:32 PM
People think of Bonner and freak out :lol It's actually comical... Not realizing against the Grizz in 2013 the role he played and his presence being a pretty big factor last year. The past 2 WCF's... Doesn't have to be big minutes of course, but why not.

Maybe start Diaw w/TD. Splitter and Bonner can get limited minutes to buy those guys some rest. The guy is a sneakily good defender in the post. You guys don't think he can hang with the Big Baby's or Turkoglu's of the world?

Matt Bonner's presence on the court last year saved the Spurs from the Thunder. Thankfully I wasn't the only one realizing it... these people are just straight haters.

dabom
04-28-2015, 03:36 PM
Please don't act like matt bonner won us a series or even a game. He is useless right now. Everytime you depend on matt bonner in the playoffs you lose. Haven't you fucking learned your lesson already?

DJR210
04-28-2015, 03:44 PM

It seems like that pussy has been shooting 14% on the season

UZER
04-28-2015, 04:36 PM
:lol Bonner

not only does he miss the ones he takes, he's afraid to take the ones he should. He has one specialty and he sucks at it, yet he's managed to remain on the team for 8 years....8!!!

sprrs
04-28-2015, 04:42 PM
matt bonner's career PLAYOFF 3 PT % is 34%

good luck with that

His % is that high? I swear I've only ever seen him make like 3 or 4 in his entire playoff career....

Holden_Caulfield
04-28-2015, 05:11 PM
we need to put kawhi on cp3

cjw
04-28-2015, 05:29 PM
It seems like that pussy has been shooting 14% on the season

1 for 7 is a tiny sample size. If you want to make conclusions off of seven shots, I guess we can conclude Austin Rivers is the best player in the league based on eight.

Not saying he's going to be lights out from downtown, but 36.5% regular season percentage is pretty respectable and equates to 55% from two. Anyone would take that, especially if it opens up looks for guys in the paint with Jordan being pulled away.

Issue in playing Bonner is rebounding takes a tumble and Duncan/Splitter/Diaw are all better defensive options.

vander
04-28-2015, 05:47 PM

assholes still blaming the 5th guy off the bench...

smh

+20.3 despite it

go suck a dick

Stabula
04-28-2015, 05:52 PM
OP must be Pop. Only way to explain the Bonner love-fest.

sexinthatsx
04-28-2015, 07:00 PM
Look I'm not saying start Bonner and play him 30+ minutes. But it wouldn't kill the Spurs to put Bonner in there for around 10-15 minutes rather than have DJ pitch a tent with marshmallows in the key.

hater
04-28-2015, 07:30 PM
Please don't act like matt bonner won us a series or even a game. He is useless right now. Everytime you depend on matt bonner in the playoffs you lose. Haven't you fucking learned your lesson already?