PDA

View Full Version : We are officially the WORST 3 PT shooting team in the playoffs

in2deep
04-28-2015, 02:09 PM
:lmao

no wonder this series has felt like a nightmare

we were only better than Boston and the Craptors in 3 pt shooting this playoffs. Now they are gone so we are the worst. it's incredible that we are somehow still tied 2-2 in the series.

:pctoss

cd98
04-28-2015, 02:13 PM
That's a big deal. Clips are doing a great job of chasing shooters off the line. Sure, the Spurs have missed some wide-open jumpers, but part of the reason Green is taking those awkward layups is that Clips are making sure he doesn't get open looks. Need to get some penetration in the paint to open up looks for our shooters.

apalisoc_9
04-28-2015, 02:14 PM
What's worse is that this team is getting good looks.:lol

Diaw is 0-9
Danny is struggling
Bonner is shooting 14%
Manu is struggling
Parker has taken a good amount but has never delieved

kawhi and Mills are the only two players right now that looks like they can hit a 3.

in2deep
04-28-2015, 02:20 PM
this is funny:
Parker + Diaw are 0 for 16 = 0%
Parker + Diaw + Bonner are 1 for 23 = 4%
Parker + Diaw + Bonner + Manu are 4 for 34 = 11%
Parker + Diaw + Bonner + Manu + Green are 11 for 57 = 19%
Parker + Diaw + Bonner + Manu + Green + Beli are 16 for 72 = 22%

in2deep
04-28-2015, 02:27 PM
this is funny:
Parker + Diaw are 0 for 16 = 0%
Parker + Diaw + Bonner are 1 for 23 = 4%
Parker + Diaw + Bonner + Manu are 4 for 34 = 11%
Parker + Diaw + Bonner + Manu + Green are 11 for 57 = 19%
Parker + Diaw + Bonner + Manu + Green + Beli are 16 for 72 = 22%

compared to last finals:
Parker + Diaw are 8 for 21 = 38%
Parker + Diaw + Bonner are 8 for 21 = 38% (Bonner didn't play in the Finals)
Parker + Diaw + Bonner + Manu are 18 for 45 = 40%
Parker + Diaw + Bonner + Manu + Green are 27 for 65 = 42%
Parker + Diaw + Bonner + Manu + Green + Beli are 31 for 74 = 42%

Seventyniner
04-28-2015, 02:31 PM
And yet everything is Parker's fault...

This has been the most glaring decline in the team's performance as a whole. The Clippers weren't great on defense in the regular season and they really haven't been that good this series. The Spurs are missing a crazy number of open looks.

in2deep
04-28-2015, 02:32 PM

This has been the most glaring decline in the team's performance as a whole. The Clippers weren't great on defense in the regular season and they really haven't been that good this series. The Spurs are missing a crazy number of open looks.

agree 100%

sign of a tired unmotivated team

hater
04-28-2015, 02:41 PM
http://vodzilla.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/cage-face-11.jpg

Silver&Black
04-28-2015, 02:46 PM
Diaw 0-9

And all 9 were wide ass open....smh.

Budkin
04-28-2015, 02:55 PM

we were only better than Boston and the Craptors in 3 pt shooting this playoffs. Now they are gone so we are the worst. it's incredible that we are somehow still tied 2-2 in the series.

Got damn that is fucking pathetic. So much of our offense revolves around the 3. The fact that the series is tied shows how much better overall we are. Ugh.

TheGreatYacht
04-28-2015, 03:12 PM
Great find OP.. 2 road games left in this series and we all know our role players have been awful outside of home this season. :bang

DJB
04-28-2015, 03:16 PM
That's a big deal. Clips are doing a great job of chasing shooters off the line. Sure, the Spurs have missed some wide-open jumpers, but part of the reason Green is taking those awkward layups is that Clips are making sure he doesn't get open looks. Need to get some penetration in the paint to open up looks for our shooters.

False. We're missing great looks.

DJR210
04-28-2015, 03:19 PM
Diaw is the most concerning issue IMO, he has completely shut down the idea of shooting the 3. He had several wide open opportunities last game and he instead settled for pump fake drives. I'm guessing Danny comes out tonight and shoots a much better percentage.

Keepin' it real
04-28-2015, 03:49 PM

Why are you laughing? This is reason for concern, not laughter. :nope

ElNono
04-28-2015, 04:02 PM
Just a reminder on how hard it is to win it all, tbh... none of these guys forgot how to shoot the ball, but sometimes you'll get tough luck like this and it can leave you out.

Keepin' it real
04-28-2015, 04:07 PM
agree 100%

sign of a tired unmotivated team

I don't think it's a matter of motivation. I'm more inclined to believe this is what happens when an offense relies too much on 3 pointers, particularly when they're in a shooting slump. (In this case, it's not a slump ... isn't it a season-long trend?)

Too many times, the Spurs drive aggressively into the lane and have high-percentage shots, only to pass to a 3-point shooter for a much lower-percentage shot. I shake my head every time. Yes, we all want great passing and ball movement, but the Spurs are doing it to their own detriment.

Maybe the shooting "slump" will end tonight? I hope so. But if the shots aren't falling early, I hope they adjust by shooting fewer 3s and instead putting up more short and mid-range 2s.

Beaverfuzz
04-28-2015, 04:10 PM
Why are you laughing? This is reason for concern, not laughter. :nope

It really can't get much worse can it?

Arcadian
04-28-2015, 04:11 PM
Are you guys worried about this? I find it encouraging. We know these guys can make 3s. They've just been off lately. Which means they'll likely start making them again soon.

GSH
04-28-2015, 04:15 PM
Diaw 0-9

And all 9 were wide ass open....smh.

Boris doesn't WANT to take 3's. He's passed up some of the most wide-open looks you're going to get. The problem is, he's been hesitant on most of the ones he has put up. He's a reluctant shooter, and a reluctant shooter is doomed.

Beaverfuzz
04-28-2015, 04:16 PM
I don't think it's a matter of motivation. I'm more inclined to believe this is what happens when an offense relies too much on 3 pointers, particularly when they're in a shooting slump. (In this case, it's not a slump ... isn't it a season-long trend?)

Too many times, the Spurs drive aggressively into the lane and have high-percentage shots, only to pass to a 3-point shooter for a much lower-percentage shot. I shake my head every time. Yes, we all want great passing and ball movement, but the Spurs are doing it to their own detriment.

Maybe the shooting "slump" will end tonight? I hope so. But if the shots aren't falling early, I hope they adjust by shooting fewer 3s and instead putting up more short and mid-range 2s.

Eventually those higher-percentage shots get taken or they get fouled, getting Deandre and company out of the game.

The biggest thing is that Tony doesn't need to start off the game with 2-3 shots to see if he's in a rhythm, let the game come to you and take it from there.

Bartleby
04-28-2015, 04:18 PM
Are you guys worried about this? I find it encouraging. We know these guys can make 3s. They've just been off lately. Which means they'll likely start making them again soon.

Exactly. Despite terrible shooting from three, the series is tied, and if the Spurs outside shooting regresses to the mean they will be in great shape.

gambit1990
04-28-2015, 04:18 PM
that's good news. odds are we'll shoot better than we have.

Darius Bieber
04-28-2015, 04:54 PM
Not surprising. The Spurs are done.

tmtcsc
04-28-2015, 04:57 PM
Better ball movement and offensive rhythm will fix the 3 pt shooting. Easy transition baskets always help too. It all starts with getting defensive stops, getting rebounds or forcing turnovers. Going back over Game 4, its a wonder the Spurs weren't blown out. They played some of the dumbest basketball of the season. Tiago hooking Chris Paul's hand on a loose ball, Patty backpedaling and hoping to draw a foul and Manu's horrible reach on Paul after a turnover. Just stupid. If you go back and look at Pop on the sidelines after Manu's foul, he is giving # 20 a long distant stink-eye and then uses his two index fingers and points to his head. Don't be stupid and reckless.

I've about had it with Manu's erratic passes that sail out of bounds or get whipped around at 100 mph to an unsuspecting teammate. That shit isn't necessary and he's really not good enough to pull those off anymore. He's usually passing the ball off-balance, falling sideways or backwards and trying to do something spectacular. This isn't the regular season, every possession counts. Although he emphasizes those concepts in his online blog or interviews, he really hasn't embraced them. Apparently, its for everyone else to do and not him. He's reverted to the 2012 Manu and often hurts the team. This should undoubtedly be his last season as he is on fumes. My hope is that he somehow gets it together and goes out on top. He's still capable of having a great game here and there but not at the cost of his current contract.

Raven
04-28-2015, 05:15 PM
goes to show how this series is about pop messing with the offensive rhythm and with bad defence.

vander
04-28-2015, 05:16 PM

believe

Seventyniner
04-28-2015, 05:36 PM
Just a reminder on how hard it is to win it all, tbh... none of these guys forgot how to shoot the ball, but sometimes you'll get tough luck like this and it can leave you out.

That's why it's good for the Spurs that they play best of 7. Then again it's only best of 3 now and two more bad shooting games will knock them out.

icem
04-28-2015, 06:16 PM

proof ? this just might just be proof that last year, was LAST YEAR. the spurs are not as good or focused this year

Old School 44
04-28-2015, 06:42 PM
The Spurs have shot poorly from range and we're still tied 2-2. I think tonight is the night the Spurs rain threes!

TXstbobcat
04-28-2015, 06:45 PM
Verde has to make it rain tonight from beyond the 3 pt line

Budkin
04-28-2015, 07:23 PM
Boris doesn't WANT to take 3's. He's passed up some of the most wide-open looks you're going to get. The problem is, he's been hesitant on most of the ones he has put up. He's a reluctant shooter, and a reluctant shooter is doomed.

If Boris had a consistent 3 we'd be damn near unguardable.

ManuTastic
04-28-2015, 07:28 PM
Pop always says shoot the open shot. If it falls it falls, if not then not, he's not worried about that. Just take the the good, open shot. So far, they've missed a ton, but the averages will catch up sooner or later. Tonight, we hope.

hater
04-28-2015, 07:32 PM
Pop always says shoot the open shot. If it falls it falls, if not then not, he's not worried about that. Just take the the good, open shot. So far, they've missed a ton, but the averages will catch up sooner or later. Tonight, we hope.

Agree we are due a good shooting night from deep are we not?

Uriel
04-28-2015, 07:42 PM

Parker is a huge reason for the decline, tbh. He's normally the player who penetrates into the lane and draws defenders away from our shooters. Now that he's a shell of his former self, the Clippers can afford to sag off him and dare him to take contested midrange jump shots (which he normally misses), while staying home on our other shooters.

spurtech09
04-28-2015, 07:42 PM
Well look for the spurs to be raining 3's tonight...Danny Green will be on fire tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spursmania
04-28-2015, 07:46 PM
Nowhere to go but up!! Time for the law of averages to work their magic!!:flag:

hater
04-28-2015, 09:34 PM
Parker is a huge reason for the decline, tbh. He's normally the player who penetrates into the lane and draws defenders away from our shooters. Now that he's a shell of his former self, the Clippers can afford to sag off him and dare him to take contested midrange jump shots (which he normally misses), while staying home on our other shooters.

This would make sense except Spurs have been getting wide open shits. They just been missing them

pageC4
04-28-2015, 09:35 PM

:pctoss I thought the grizzlies would take that distinction. Very shocked

pageC4
04-28-2015, 09:38 PM
Nowhere to go but up!! Time for the law of averages to work their magic!!:flag: very true. I tell m wife the same thing. If your team isn't hot they will eventually average out. The problem is that goes both ways too. The Clippers are one of the best 3PT shooting teams

Godbama
04-28-2015, 09:40 PM
http://vodzilla.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/cage-face-11.jpg

EVAY
04-28-2015, 09:46 PM

Is anyone else as bad as us a FT % (excluding the hacka-folks, I mean)?

therealtruth
04-28-2015, 10:18 PM
What happened to pounding the rock? If you keep playing good defense and getting good looks you're eventually going to start to make them.