PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Parker and the Saints

SequSpur
09-06-2005, 11:47 PM
Why in the fuck is this guy against the Saints moving here?

How do you contact this guy without calling in?

I fucking hate the Dallas Cowboys and in fact no one that I hang out with here in SA are fans of them either.

We are fans of football. I don't give a shit who plays in the dome as long as its NFL. I as well as many others are guaranteeing a purchase of season tickets if they play here.

I am sick and fucking tired of being the 8th largest city with a shitty sports attitude.

Our baseball stadium ranks last to cities like Round Rock and Corpus Christi of all fucking places.

Our ex mayor was trying to get a pro soccer team. WTF?

The WNBA team fucking blows and is probably out the door anyway.

Minor league hockey? WTF is that?

I don't understand at this point in time, why on earth would Charlie Parker be against it or saying shit that no one will come.

I pretty much guarantee you people will come, of course depending on the cost.

I personally believe that a blanket statement that Parker is portraying is fucking wrong and is a major disservice to the citizens of SA.

Charlie Parker was a dipshit last time he did sportstalk and was removed. Seems like ticket760 and/or WOAI is/are shooting blanks again.

Dude should not have a mic in his hand right now. The gorilla needs to correct that shit immediately.

:pctoss

Vashner
09-07-2005, 12:34 AM
Charlie is wise.. but I want some Football so I agree.
If you send him email he will read it prob... should be a list on the woai website.

Parker is not a dipshit the guy is great .. he might be wrong but not a dipshit. He's old school San Antonio...

T Park
09-07-2005, 01:48 AM
The gorilla needs to correct that shit immediately.

The Gorilla works for Fox Sports Radio now out in LA.

The new programming guy is Nate Lundy, and hes a clueless bimbo just as much ast the gorilla...

gospursgojas
09-07-2005, 04:28 AM
Maybe he didnt want the for SA to get a team in this fashon....but I share your anger when it comes to the mayor and sports in this city. If you need an example, just look how he sat on his ass and f'ed up the PGA coming to town, and then hes out making a fool of himself trying to play soccer in order to get a pro soccer team :wtf

TheTruth
09-07-2005, 06:59 AM
you mean you guys wouldn't buy MLS season tickets?

CharlieMac
09-07-2005, 08:36 AM
Why in the fuck is this guy against the Saints moving here?

I fucking hate the Dallas Cowboys and in fact no one that I hang out with here in SA are fans of them either.

We are fans of football. I don't give a shit who plays in the dome as long as its NFL. I as well as many others are guaranteeing a purchase of season tickets if they play here.

:pctoss

Yeah. Some douche called into STSA yesterday and said that he'd never support the Saints permanently moving to SA because he is a Cowboys fan. Stop living in the past man.

As far as baseball goes, I thin kit is the worst sport ever. Right up there with soccer and Profession Bowling, but I'd support a major league team here. San Antonio is know for Spurs and the Alamo. It would be nice for this taco-town to have some identity other than that.

Charlie is coo' though.

SequSpur
09-07-2005, 08:40 AM
Charlie is wise.. but I want some Football so I agree.
If you send him email he will read it prob... should be a list on the woai website.

Parker is not a dipshit the guy is great .. he might be wrong but not a dipshit. He's old school San Antonio...

Sure, are you kin or something?

Charlie Parker is terrible.

I am not asking the Saints to stay, nor am I expecting a guarantee. I clearly expect them to do one of two things.... Go back home or move to fucking LA. So what.

They need help, they need a stadium, we have it, the people, the parking, the hotels, the Alamo, the beer, the field........

WTF is the hold up??????

I listened to Parker a little while ago for about 5 minutes because that's about all I can take and I noticed he is backtracking and changing his tune.

Figures.

SequSpur
09-07-2005, 08:47 AM
One more thing... I think I mentioned, but wanted to reiterate.

The SA Missions play in the shittiest minor league stadium in the US.

How bout that? Huh.

Fucking pathetic.

Clandestino
09-07-2005, 09:45 AM
i hate charlie parker. he sucks for any kind of format... it is even more painful to listen to him than it was to hear cj and ryan or whatever their names were

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-07-2005, 09:49 AM

How bout that? Huh.

Fucking pathetic.

Sequ's right.

The city owns the facilities and will not allow the Missions and the Elmore Group to make any additions/renovations to the ballpark.

It was pulling damn teeth to get the windows to the press box cleaned and some freaking venetian blinds.

The team and the ownership group are ready to pour money into building up the park, but the city is dragging its heels on this. Hopefully Sculley does the right thing and let the team buy some, if not all, control of construction rights at The Wolff.

PeterBurns
09-07-2005, 09:50 AM
I'm surprised that the Mayor himself, or had anyone in the city gov't champion the move yet.

I guess it's a issue of being PC.

Screw being PC, I want a team here.

I disagree with Charlie, I think we should embrace this as the chance to land a team.
I don't care how we get a chance. It's better than none.

If we get a chance, and actually do well. Perfect.
If we don't, then we at least know if we can support a team.

Not wanting to have a chance because we don't like the way we have a chance is dumb.

Somebody make this happen.....

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-07-2005, 09:52 AM
Somebody make this happen.....

Um, Pete...hate to be the one to break this to you...but you have a talk show.

I wish our newspaper was in SA so that we could make a statement about it, but the people of Texas State can barely support Bobcat Athletics, much less a team in SA.

Clandestino
09-07-2005, 09:52 AM
don harris has been doing a good job i think so far. it all depends on the league.

most players i am sure would rather play here since they are living here.

CharlieMac
09-07-2005, 10:21 AM
[email protected]

Holla......

mookie2001
09-07-2005, 10:24 AM
Phil Hardberger is a former trial lawyer and he and his liberal cronies want to run this city.

Phil Hardberger. NOT A CONSERVATIVE

anyone remember that commercial??

SWC Bonfire
09-07-2005, 10:25 AM
Phil Hardberger is a former trial lawyer and he and his liberal cronies want to run this city.

Phil Hardberger. NOT A CONSERVATIVE

anyone remember that commercial??

Well, let's hope Tom Benson is one of his liberal cronies.

Kip Fanatic
09-07-2005, 11:08 AM
I read in the paper this morning that city councilmen are trying very hard to get them to play some games here this year and trying even harder to get them to stay for good. Its really up to the NFL though. I honestly think that S.A can support an NFL franchise. This city has grown so much the past few years and doesn't seem to be slowing down.

ObiwanGinobili
09-07-2005, 11:26 AM

How bout that? Huh.

Fucking pathetic.

and they still won back to back rings.
I like the missions.
they deserve a better field.

tlongII
09-07-2005, 11:29 AM
Charlie Parker was a great sax player, but he's dead now.

ObiwanGinobili
09-07-2005, 11:30 AM
Charlie Parker was a great sax player, but he's dead now.

oh. I thoguht you were gonna say "i'd hit it"

Horry For 3!
09-07-2005, 12:03 PM
The last time I went to a Missions game was when I was in Little League Baseball and after the season we got to go to a Missions game. :lol One time I got the whole team's autograph on this Missions shirt. :lmao

Taco
09-07-2005, 12:11 PM

I am a life long Cowboys Fan but if San Antonio was to ever get a pro football team that is where my support would go.

I would still root for the Cowboys except when they play the San Antonio Team.

PM5K
09-07-2005, 01:08 PM
I think there are two possibilities and I look at them a little differently.

The first is that the Saints play here this year and this year only.

It's hard to argue with this because San Antonio has all the facilities and the Saints are already here. The SuperDome is done, it's going to need to be torn down from what I hear and there other option is a recovery center for vicitms of the hurricane, additionally they have their own football team and officials there have expressed concerns with being able to play back to back football games on Saturday and Sunday.

This is a great opportunity for the city of San Antonio to show that we can support a professional NFL team.

Staying beyond that is a somewhat different situation but I understand where Tom Benson is coming from, to some people it may be more but for Tom it's a business, he can't play all his games on the road, hurricane season isn't over, his stadium is going to be torn down, and who knows when the next hurricane might come....

Marcus Bryant
09-07-2005, 01:12 PM
In the end, I think the NFL will make it clear to Benson that abandoning NO anytime soon is simply not permissible. But I think the league will be ok with the Saints using SA as their temporary home.

So basically South Central Texas will be given a trial run to see how it would respond to having a local team. If the results are good, then whenever a relocation/expansion opportunity presents itself down the road, there will be a stronger case for San Antonio de Bexar to be made.

conversekid
09-07-2005, 11:04 PM
piss on the saints...

gameFACE
09-07-2005, 11:19 PM
piss on the saints...
Try not to use any big words.

I was an Oilers fan and now a Texans fan but I will definitely go and support the Saints for a couple of games, hopefully. If SA were to have its own team my alliance would follow.

Charlie Parker is the type of old geezer that should retire from local radio but the Saints should be brought here for the "appropriate" reasons.

Looter
09-07-2005, 11:20 PM
Um, Pete...hate to be the one to break this to you...but you have a talk show.

You got Served ! :lmao

conversekid
09-07-2005, 11:27 PM
I dont no no big words

Try not to use any big words.

I was an Oilers fan and now a Texans fan but I will definitely go and support the Saints for a couple of games, hopefully. If SA were to have its own team my alliance would follow.

Charlie Parker is the type of old geezer that should retire from local radio but the Saints should be brought here for the "appropriate" reasons.

PeterBurns
09-08-2005, 11:39 AM
developing...

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-08-2005, 11:40 AM
developing...

Wow...Charlie fired this quickly...

TOP-CHERRY
09-08-2005, 11:45 AM
I am a life long Cowboys Fan but if San Antonio was to ever get a pro football team that is where my support would go.

I would still root for the Cowboys except when they play the San Antonio Team.
ditto.

rr2418
09-08-2005, 01:08 PM
In the end, I think the NFL will make it clear to Benson that abandoning NO anytime soon is simply not permissible. But I think the league will be ok with the Saints using SA as their temporary home.

So basically South Central Texas will be given a trial run to see how it would respond to having a local team. If the results are good, then whenever a relocation/expansion opportunity presents itself down the road, there will be a stronger case for San Antonio de Bexar to be made.

Your post makes the most sense. The Saints just can't get up and leave and abandon their fans. What if the tables were turned, and we were losing our team to another city b/c of a natural disaster, we would think the other city was taking advantage of the situation.(I know I would) Parker is right, the timing isn't right for the move. The NFL will probably make a decision to play some games, but not all.

As for the Cowboys, I'll always be a fan! I would support a San Antonio team, but it would be interesting if the Cowboys and our team were to meet. I really don't know who I would root for. For 35+ years I've been rooting for Dallas, and then suddenly start rooting for another team? Pretty hard to do! I would probably support both, but deep inside be happy if the Cowboys win!

2centsworth
09-08-2005, 01:17 PM
Charlie sucks. He makes the show impossible to listen to. Guy knows nothing about sports. Woai is doing a pretty good job of putting Sports Talk radio in the crapper. They're lucky the spurs a so good.

BTW, VEX and Don Harris at least know their sports. Chance knows his cowboys but he's obviously Charlie's monkey.

j-6
09-08-2005, 01:31 PM

I just finished reading "America's Game" by Michael MacCambridge, a book about the NFL up to the end of the 03-04 season. Both Rozelle and Tagliabue are chronicled as saying that that 32 teams is the perfect size for the league with the symmetry of the divisions and conferences, and that they were against any expansion past that number.

With cities with greater metro populations than SA like LA, Portland, Sacramento, Las Vegas and Orlando all without teams as well, and with Jerry Jones and Bob McNair watching this situation with a great deal of interest, this is the city's best chance at landing a team that they will ever have.

Let's see what happens.

Vashner
09-08-2005, 01:54 PM
I bet you guys talking shit about Charlie are like what 21?

The guy has been around the community a LOOONG time... before half of you turds even existed in this city...

I am forwarding him a copy of this so he can get some amusement from the kiddies...

SWC Bonfire
09-08-2005, 02:01 PM
32 teams is the perfect size for the league with the symmetry of the divisions and conferences, and that they were against any expansion past that number.

If you think the "parity" is bad now, wait until they add two more teams and further dilute the talent pool.

SequSpur
09-08-2005, 07:41 PM

The guy has been around the community a LOOONG time... before half of you turds even existed in this city...

I am forwarding him a copy of this so he can get some amusement from the kiddies...

:rolleyes

tlongII
09-08-2005, 07:47 PM
I would not be surprised at all to see the Saints leave New Orleans permanently. The Superdome is toast and a new stadium would have to be built. Why should taxpayer money be used for building a new stadium when so many other infrastructure necesseties need to be rebuilt as well. This is a very good opportunity for San Antonio to get its own NFL team in my opinion. However San Antonio will need to build a stadium as the Alamodome won't cut it long-term.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-09-2005, 01:22 AM

Your point?

Henry Cisneros has been around this community a long time and look where that has him in the mindset of San Antonio.

Charlie Parker, while a very nice guy personally and gave me a ton of advice about radio during his first stint on the Ticket in the mornings (and even allowed me to sit in with him one morning to see how things worked), really needs to step away from the sports mic and go back to bitching about the "Top 12 Most Overrated Songs By Bloggers" during the London bombings on a MORNING NEWS SHOW!

Vashner, I sense some bitterness from you...maybe you need to relax by shooting some hoops at Dave & Buster's.

Turds? Complaining about people's ages. Yep, just dripping with maturity.

Vashner
09-09-2005, 01:26 AM
I just got Charlie Parkers back.. that's all.. lol part of it's humor anyway...

TheWriter
09-09-2005, 02:18 AM
You people (the ones saying the NFL won't let Benson leave NO) know the NFL wants to move the Saints to LA, right?

I think if we give a really good showing for the 4 games we have. I think we'd show the NFL we deserve a team. They might keep them here.

AFE7FATMAN
09-09-2005, 02:19 AM
This is Texas
I guess if you don't like the Cow"BOYS" :flipoff
you are Un American

sooooooooooooooo sue me, cause I Don't.

Charlie should have his own TALK SHOW

Not enough sports talk on any of the local shows.
I want sports not Politics, weather, Katrina, etc
When I tune in to SPORTS, I want SPORTS
I also want NEWS not some poor little white girl gets in a car with 3 guys etc for three months.........
People in Hell also want Ice-Water-Bet I don't get it.

"Its all about the ratings"

TheWriter
09-09-2005, 02:26 AM
Ticket should start a local sports channel.