PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: How the bleep are the Rockets so good?

Caltex2
04-28-2015, 09:28 PM
They turn the ball over, they're lackadaisical on defense, heck they're lackadaisical on offense, jack up a ton of 3-pointers hoping they go in, miss half their free throws and as of the moment don't have a solid, competent starting point guard. As a matter of fact, half of the team has been injured for half of the year. Yet they still found a way to nab the third best record in the NBA this season?

I know having a dominant big man, a total rarity, is huge but wow I just can't logically understand how they've gotten to this point. Not that I'm complaining. :king

Splits
04-28-2015, 09:30 PM
They're not.

Jason fucking Terry starts at point. 2nd round exit is their ceiling.

Mitch
04-28-2015, 09:30 PM
You sound like tlongII

100%duncan
04-28-2015, 09:32 PM
They are against the Mavs.

Caltex2
04-28-2015, 09:35 PM
That's great, but how did they get to 56 wins and the 2-seed, regardless of getting the old, injured Mavs?

Clipper Nation
04-28-2015, 09:37 PM
They're playing a team that's worse than them. And the refs handed Harden plenty of regular-season wins against cupcakes.

benefactor
04-28-2015, 09:40 PM
They're not.

Strange Love
04-28-2015, 09:53 PM
Its crazy how an inferior team makes you look so good.

Banzai
04-28-2015, 09:54 PM
Fuck the rockets

Caltex2
04-28-2015, 09:58 PM
Its crazy how an inferior team makes you look so good.

I think I essentially admitted that. I would say either the Clippers or Spurs are gonna eat their lunch but it defies logic that they beat the Mavs, so why wouldn't they defy logic again, especially with home court advantage?

JohnnyMax
04-28-2015, 09:58 PM
James Harden is the best player in the NBA

Buddy Mignon
04-28-2015, 10:00 PM
They're not... the Mavs just suck.

Caltex2
That is true, it always helps to have the best player(s) on the floor and the Rockets will have that 9/10.

Double-Up
Fuck the rockets

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFVVdkMYdpGvN7bIxjg1YqjVhZ8xxMu UFW8vc8l-1JIHqZSPaJTw

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/vXSA6N-1nCw/0.jpg

Strange Love
04-28-2015, 10:02 PM

Whom the league its still babying.

Banzai
04-28-2015, 10:19 PM
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFVVdkMYdpGvN7bIxjg1YqjVhZ8xxMu UFW8vc8l-1JIHqZSPaJTw

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/vXSA6N-1nCw/0.jpg

Is what it is. Wish I made a fucking load of cash.

skut_farkus
04-29-2015, 01:19 AM
Rockets will be bounced in the 2nd round.

Seventyniner
04-29-2015, 01:23 AM
That's great, but how did they get to 56 wins and the 2-seed, regardless of getting the old, injured Mavs?

They were one loss away from dropping to #6. The 2/3/5/6 seeds were such a jumble, you can't say that any of the four teams were clearly better than any other.

Trainwreck2100
04-29-2015, 01:26 AM
How are they the second seed?

Zebras/Pelicans/A Scrub from the knicks in that order

baseline bum
04-29-2015, 01:30 AM
I know having a dominant big man, a total rarity, is huge but wow I just can't logically understand how they've gotten to this point. Not that I'm complaining. :king

What, did Hakeem come out of retirement?

100%duncan
04-29-2015, 01:33 AM

I mean they were a game away from getting bumped by the Clippers in round 1. Lucky Pop is an idiot.

Indazone
04-29-2015, 01:36 AM
Bring on the Spurs!

Strange Love
04-29-2015, 01:41 AM
I think I essentially admitted that. I would say either the Clippers or Spurs are gonna eat their lunch but it defies logic that they beat the Mavs, so why wouldn't they defy logic again, especially with home court advantage?

You would beat the Clippers in 6.

As you saw tonight, Doc's an idiot and some of his players are even more so.

They think dunking the ball every trip down their court flies in the playoffs.

Horry Hipcheck
04-29-2015, 03:21 AM
You would beat the Clippers in 6.

As you saw tonight, Doc's an idiot and some of his players are even more so.

They think dunking the ball every trip down their court flies in the playoffs.

Remember, Kevin McHale helms the Rox.

Horry Hipcheck
04-29-2015, 03:22 AM
This is some weak Rocketfan trolling.

Caltex2
04-29-2015, 10:05 AM
I'm not trolling. Like I said, they don't play defense, they miss half their free throws, they jack up 3's like there's no tomorrow, the list goes on. Yet all they do is win.

Indazone
04-29-2015, 10:57 AM
Rockets are actually pretty good defensively. Held the Mavs to 38 percent shooting. 19.2 percent from the three point line.

Caltex2
04-29-2015, 11:24 AM
Yeah, the stats say it sometimes but I see way too many defensive lapses and lethargic play often times. Remember, they're just coming off giving up 128 and 121 in back-to-back games, including 72 in a half to the Mavs (who actually cooled off in the last couple minutes of that half). Their saving grace is that Howard can put up a monster double-double and that they have arguably the MVP of the League.

I suppose that's all you need sometimes.

Dex
04-29-2015, 11:35 AM

Wrong. He's the best at drawing fouls in the NBA. Like most people, it annoys the shit out of me, but you can't fault him: it's still working.

Without his 15 FTs a game, Harden is nothing but another chucker.

angrydude
04-29-2015, 11:36 AM
The rockets have the sheer talent to be good, but they under perform a ton due to a lack of discipline and sheer incompetence at times by Mcfail.

sook
04-29-2015, 11:48 AM
the rockets are playing good defense, not shooting as putrid on their 3s, but the problem is....they play too stupid. Good teams will always exploit that, and even mediocre ones like the clippers

djohn2oo8
04-29-2015, 11:49 AM
the rockets are playing good defense, not shooting as putrid on their 3s, but the problem is....they play too stupid. Good teams will always exploit that, and even mediocre ones like the clippers

Free throws and rebounding are the biggest flaws.

sook
04-29-2015, 11:51 AM
Free throws and rebounding are the biggest flaws.

Yea, but those are actually fixable tbh. Stupid and poor IQ play are not imo.

DJB
04-29-2015, 12:53 PM
They're not. Dallas just sucks THAT badly. Spurs going to carve up that horrid defense.

DJB
04-29-2015, 12:58 PM

Are you fucking high? What "good defensive team" gives up 110 against the Dallas Mavs? That's good for 2nd worst points allowed in the post season.

Horry Hipcheck
04-29-2015, 01:05 PM
Yeah, the stats say it sometimes but I see way too many defensive lapses and lethargic play often times. Remember, they're just coming off giving up 128 and 121 in back-to-back games, including 72 in a half to the Mavs (who actually cooled off in the last couple minutes of that half). Their saving grace is that Howard can put up a monster double-double and that they have arguably the MVP of the League.

I suppose that's all you need when your team is playing a depleted Mavs team that had been collapsing like a dying star for over a month before the playoffs started.

FTFY. Poor execution and having almost no IQ is what nearly cost the Rox the 2 seed. It took Memphis going the way of Dallas and falling apart after the All Star Game and the Spurs literally taking the 2 seed away and then giving it back on the final day of the season for Houston to finish 2nd instead of 6th. Let's not lose sight of the fact that Houston, LA, the Spurs, and the Grizz all finished within a game or two of each other. The seeding of these playoffs is largely a matter of tiebreakers. The defending champs won 55 games to Houston's 56, that's not really a traditional 2-seed-6-seed discrepancy.

Houston is dangerous, and when Harden is getting his typical 15+ FT attempts plus scoring in transition, he's a point machine. He's not winning MVP, though. The Spurs snuffed that bid out when they beat Houston twice in three days. IF the Spurs get to the second round, there's no reason the Rockets can't beat them if they get to play their transition game. For now though, let's remember that this is the first time they've won a playoff series in six years, and they're nowhere near the only team to finish in the mid-50s in wins. It's a crowded party they're at.

Killakobe81
04-29-2015, 01:12 PM

Spurs shit the bed. Spurs were the real #2 seeds ...

djohn2oo8
04-29-2015, 01:17 PM
Spurs shit the bed. Spurs were the real #2 seeds ...

It's not like the records were that much different.

sook
04-29-2015, 01:19 PM
Are you fucking high? What "good defensive team" gives up 110 against the Dallas Mavs? That's good for 2nd worst points allowed in the post season.

if you watched the games closely you would realize that apart from 2 of the games the rockets have done a good job of protecting the basket and stayed on top of their defensive rotations. Dallas has a pretty good offense.

Killakobe81
04-29-2015, 01:23 PM
It's not like the records were that much different.

Difference is SA coasted until the end ...and Spurs controlled own destiny in the NOLA game ...ROx did not. In fact with #2 sed on the line Spurs beat them twice down the stretch in one week iirc.

Spurs 4 The Win
04-29-2015, 01:26 PM
Difference is SA coasted until the end ...and Spurs controlled own destiny in the NOLA game ...ROx did not. In fact with #2 sed on the line Spurs beat them twice down the stretch in one week iirc.
truth nuke

djohn2oo8
04-29-2015, 01:26 PM

With no Beverley and Motiejunas, Rox couldn't afford to coast. And With one of those games ending with a no call.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
04-29-2015, 01:32 PM
The Rockets honestly were probably better off getting the four seed. I don't see them being as good as the Clips or Spurs... and I think they would have struggled against Memphis. Their best bet was to face Portland, and then take on a winnable series against Golden State. Two finese teams that could go either way. I can't see them beating the Spurs.. probably going down in six. They do present problems, but their style of play isn't really meant for the playoffs.

Indazone
04-29-2015, 01:34 PM
Clippers have our number. Spurs on the other hand. Even money.

DJB
04-29-2015, 01:55 PM
Right, you guys must have been really hitting your defensive rotations when the DALLAS FUCKING MAVERICKS were dropping 50-70 points on you in a half more than once with a scoring machine in Monta Ellis and old man Dirk Nowitzki.

Caltex2
04-29-2015, 04:00 PM
With no Beverley and Motiejunas, Rox couldn't afford to coast. And With one of those games ending with a no call.

It was close but the correct call was made. Josh Smith should hit more of his free throws in the hack-a-situation and not let it come down to that.

The Rockets honestly were probably better off getting the four seed. I don't see them being as good as the Clips or Spurs... and I think they would have struggled against Memphis. Their best bet was to face Portland, and then take on a winnable series against Golden State. Two finese teams that could go either way. I can't see them beating the Spurs.. probably going down in six. They do present problems, but their style of play isn't really meant for the playoffs.

So Golden State is more winnable than SA/LAC? Never underestimate the heart of a champion I suppose (something the Rockets know about, granted a long time ago) but I'll take my chances on the winner of that series over GSW. Steph Curry shoots so good he could wear blindfold and still make almost as many shots.

Right, you guys must have been really hitting your defensive rotations when the DALLAS FUCKING MAVERICKS were dropping 50-70 points on you in a half more than once with a scoring machine in Monta Ellis and old man Dirk Nowitzki.

It's almost a shame that this team is doing so well. The 2009 and especially 2008 teams, even without Yao, had more heart than this team. Even the 2005 had a ton of heart and great defensive effort when they didn't get too high on themselves and choke games away.

Caltex2
05-04-2015, 11:26 PM
Unless they step up the effort, the Rockets are the greatest frauds known to man.

sook
05-04-2015, 11:33 PM
Yea, but those are actually fixable tbh. Stupid and poor IQ play are not imo.

called it.

Caltex2
05-04-2015, 11:39 PM
The Rockets gave up 71 second half points. They just don't care, it seems. The 2008 team would eat them alive even without Yao.

benefactor
05-05-2015, 08:02 AM
:lol

IronMexican
05-05-2015, 08:50 AM
Fuck the rockets

Sup, Bruh.

The Reckoning
05-05-2015, 09:13 AM
lolkats

hater
05-05-2015, 10:15 AM
:lmao

Banzai
05-05-2015, 10:31 PM
Sup, Bruh.

Not a whole lot. What about you?

IronMexican
05-05-2015, 10:36 PM
Not a whole lot. What about you?

Shit, how long have you been gone?

I mean, I had a kid, but that's about it.

Banzai
05-05-2015, 11:37 PM
Shit, how long have you been gone?

I mean, I had a kid, but that's about it.

Good question...I don't even know lol. Congrats ! Since the Lakers had a quiet season..I faded away with them lol

benefactor
05-10-2015, 09:35 PM
:lol

baseline bum
05-10-2015, 09:46 PM

Caltex2
05-10-2015, 10:24 PM
Sigh...

sook
05-10-2015, 10:25 PM
you made a stupid thread...so you're going to have to defend yourself here.

Kool Bob Love
05-10-2015, 10:26 PM
Sigh...

It was all good just a week ago,,,,week ago!

DMC
05-10-2015, 10:27 PM
Sigh...

We hardly knew ye

Caltex2
05-10-2015, 10:29 PM
you made a stupid thread...so you're going to have to defend yourself here.

I made this thread as the Rockets were easily handling the Mavs. I was puzzled how the Rockets nabbed the 2-seed and were easily whipping the Mavs.

Caltex2
05-10-2015, 10:31 PM
We hardly knew ye

Yep, see you guys in 6 years. :wakeup:

DMC
05-10-2015, 10:38 PM
I made this thread as the Rockets were easily handling the Mavs. I was puzzled how the Rockets nabbed the 2-seed and were easily whipping the Mavs.
I guess you didn't watch the RS games. Spurs injured most of the season. Thunder without Durant and then Ibaka, Blake out for an extended period of time, even Portland lost a guy (there's news). Harden was able to play nigg3r ball long enough to fake people into thinking they have a chance.

Caltex2
05-10-2015, 11:25 PM
Don't talk about other teams' injuries as a rationalization, Dwight was out half the season among others like Terrance Jones. The Rockets just played above their heads and can just outtalent most teams but run into trouble against teams that have a pulse.

sook
05-10-2015, 11:29 PM
Don't talk about other teams' injuries as a rationalization, Dwight was out half the season among others like Terrance Jones. The Rockets just played above their heads and can just outtalent most teams but run into trouble against teams that have a pulse.

The rockets benefited from the fact that the Mavs (a 7th seed) couldn't exploit how stupid the rockets were due to the Rondo mess.

Djohn, me and maybe even doubleup called this series over in 4 or 5 for the clippers. Had we played the spurs we would have been made to look even worse.

DMC
05-10-2015, 11:30 PM
Which is why McHale will be considered an overachiever, having so little to work with and getting to the second round. Spurs would have won 60 games if they weren't injured. Could say the same for the Thunder most likely, or there abouts.

Caltex2
05-10-2015, 11:31 PM
I called it too, you simply can't do what the Rockets do wrong and get away with it against really good teams. The Spurs would have swept.

Caltex2
05-10-2015, 11:41 PM
Which is why McHale will be considered an overachiever, having so little to work with and getting to the second round. Spurs would have won 60 games if they weren't injured. Could say the same for the Thunder most likely, or there abouts.

You can overachieve and still not be as good as a sample can make you appear. I could beat Michael Jordan in a game of pickup (even in his 30's), it doesn't mean he wouldn't be better than me and couldn't whip me in a 3-on-3 game for example.

Indazone
05-11-2015, 12:04 AM
That Yao/T-Mac/Artest team competed way better than this shit

Banzai
05-11-2015, 12:15 AM
bruh they stink like my shit after a trip to mcdonalds

DMC
05-11-2015, 12:16 AM
You can overachieve and still not be as good as a sample can make you appear. I could beat Michael Jordan in a game of pickup (even in his 30's), it doesn't mean he wouldn't be better than me and couldn't whip me in a 3-on-3 game for example.
I didn't say they overachieved in one game. I said overachieved. You could argue that no coach could do any better with your star center out for most of the season.

Indazone
05-11-2015, 12:34 AM
This is what it's like being a Rocketsfan. You get teased during the regular season thinking your team is good. You think they are going to make a deep playoff run. Then they get p'wnd and then you realize just how much they suck. Happens every single year. Might as well bend over and kiss your ass goodbye.

Mitch
05-11-2015, 12:57 AM
This is what it's like being a Rocketsfan. You get teased during the regular season thinking your team is good. You think they are going to make a deep playoff run. Then they get p'wnd and then you realize just how much they suck. Happens every single year. Might as well bend over and kiss your ass goodbye.

http://oi43.tinypic.com/2ntdbnc.jpg

TampaDude
05-11-2015, 09:59 AM
http://oi43.tinypic.com/2ntdbnc.jpg

unleashbaynes
05-11-2015, 10:13 AM

maybe because the Mavs starting PG literally quit on the team and their best player is still Dirk, who probably should retire after what we saw in that series.

DMC
05-11-2015, 10:14 AM
maybe because the Mavs starting PG literally quit on the team and their best player is still Dirk, who probably should retire after what we saw in that series.
Dirk should be in SA. Those old bastards could win a ring with just slow tempo dominance.

Thread
05-11-2015, 10:22 AM

I feel badly for ya's, Ind. I thought you'd win and I would not have grudged it, even Howard. I can't hate him like I hate for instance Gasol in Chicago. Howard is not calculating, he's just a child and you can't make him grow up.

Thread
05-11-2015, 10:22 AM
Dirk should be in SA. Those old bastards could win a ring with just slow tempo dominance.

You missed your boat with Gasol. And I said it at the time. Me.

Findog
05-11-2015, 10:40 AM
http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a528/dirtydots1/jh_zpsxdddnlqu.jpg

Oh, here comes trouble
Put your helmet on, we'll be heading for a fall
Yeah, the whole thing's gonna blow
And the devil's got my number
It's long overdue, he'll come looking soon

Oh, here comes trouble
These people talk too much, need to shut 'em up
Yeah, I'd rather be alone
Can you, can you feel that rumble?
All this borrowed time, it's been running out
It's the ending of the show

But I know now, yeah, yeah, I know now, yeah

Everything's gonna be okay
Oh, I keep telling myself, "Don't worry, be happy"
Oh, you keep telling yourself, "Everything's gonna be okay"

Oh, I've changed my number
Wore disguises and went undercover just to
Just to hide away from you
Oh, my ghost came a-calling
Making noises 'bout a promise I had broken
Oh, I'm gonna be lonely soon

Oh, here comes trouble
Put your helmet on, we'll be heading for a fall
And the devil's got my number
It's long overdue, he'll come looking soon

Killakobe81
05-11-2015, 10:50 AM
I feel badly for ya's, Ind. I thought you'd win and I would not have grudged it, even Howard. I can't hate him like I hate for instance Gasol in Chicago. Howard is not calculating, he's just a child and you can't make him grow up.

I feel the opposite. Pau has his faults ... he quit in 2011 PERIOD. But because of the agendas of the MVPau crowd he gets a pass. But we did dick him around constantly after that not only with the CP3 trade but plenty of rumors after ... I am disappointed he is giving a level of effort in Chicago missing since 2011 but again Mike D also screwed him over as well. So outside of 2011 not to make excuses for him ...I get why he struggled we also have given him shitty coaches and the team crumbled around him ...Pau cant carry a team he is a complementary star ...he needed a change and it has done him well. I dont wish ill on him ... Dwight can swallow Matt Barnes Sword.

Killakobe81
05-11-2015, 10:53 AM
Dwight though ... is bitch made. I don't respect his dedication to his craft only to his body and his increase to the baby mama population.

Thread
05-11-2015, 10:56 AM
Dwight though ... is bitch made. I don't respect his dedication to his craft only to his body

There is something there that touches me with him. His humanity is apparent during the 48 minutes. Never a game face. Never.

unleashbaynes
05-11-2015, 11:37 AM

why do you enjoy sucking your own dick over such vanilla takes tbh?

DMC
05-11-2015, 12:02 PM

That boat didn't come to our river. We couldn't have missed it.

Thread
05-11-2015, 12:31 PM
That boat didn't come to our river. We couldn't have missed it.

Only your reckless disregard for Scola eclipses it, D. Gasol would have completed you. Your people think you can fly the colors and it's enough,,,prompted to further strive and you get your back up.

DMC
05-17-2015, 05:59 PM
It was all good just a week ago,,,,week ago!
lol faggot