PDA

View Full Version : Why does Pop insts on making life difficult for him by not playing his best players?

DAF86
04-29-2015, 12:52 AM
...On a specific night.

Tony is bricking left and right, Mills going almost perfect from the field. Sticks with Tony.

And even weirded: Green can't make a fucking shot, Manu is having a good game and he ends the game with Danny. WTF? Almost cost us the game.

Edit: *Insist on title thread

-21-
04-29-2015, 12:53 AM
Mills should've played more for sure.

Floyd Pacquiao
04-29-2015, 12:55 AM
Because pop doesn't want to hurt smush parkers feelings. Fucking arrogant asshole

DAF86
04-29-2015, 12:58 AM
Why the fuck is Pop refusing to play the guys that are playing better? This shit would already be over with Patty and Manu in there instead of Tony and Green.

Green missed jumper, Parker bricked FT. Those guys shouldn't be playing, tbh.

Called it the moment I saw it, tbh. After Green's missed that wide ass open three I lost it. Thank God we pulled it off.

Cry Havoc
04-29-2015, 01:01 AM
Pop is old school.

He rides the horse that got him to the dance. Hard to critique because most of the time it works.

Tonight is the rare occasion that I think Pop was dead in the wrong.

But hey, get got dat dubya.

Mugen
04-29-2015, 01:02 AM
The Spurs are leading this series with half of their players playing absolutely terrble.....

Pop's been rough but I gotta give ol Potface credit tbh :lol

Keepin' it real
04-29-2015, 01:08 AM
Why does Pop insts on making life difficult for him by not playing his best players?

He has 5 rings. He's bored. Trying to make things interesting ...

DAF86
04-29-2015, 01:13 AM
Pop is old school.

He rides the horse that got him to the dance. Hard to critique because most of the time it works.

Tonight is the rare occasion that I think Pop was dead in the wrong.

But hey, get got dat dubya.

How do you explain Green and Manu then? Green is his whipping boy and Manu is a member of his precious "Big 3". Manu is giving him a good game and Danny can't hit shit and still sticks with Green. Is it because of Green's defense on Paul? Because Pop has already decided to not play Manu more than 20 minutes no matter what? I found that odd, tbh.

Cry Havoc
04-29-2015, 01:16 AM
How do you explain Green and Manu then? Green is his whipping boy and Manu is a member of his precious "Big 3". Manu is giving him a good game and Danny can't hit shit and still sticks with Green. Is it because of Green's defense on Paul? Because Pop has already decided to not play Manu more than 20 minutes no matter what? I found that odd, tbh.

Yeah, Green has played Paul better than Kawhi has this series IMO. Plus it only takes Danny 1 or 2 shots and suddenly he's 7 of 10 from 3 and the game is over in the 3rd quarter because he's hitting every time they give him a foot of space.

Manu is just Manu. He and Pop are probably close enough that it supercedes his current uneven play. Plus, the Clips are absolutely PACKING the paint, so Pop wants as many bombers out there who are a legitimate 3 point threat as possible.

ElNono
04-29-2015, 01:21 AM
My biggest beef with Pop was not calling a timeout to set up a play after Barnes made his freethrows and we were up 1... we still had 3 timeouts.

(We ended up playing Kawhi at the top of the key and the missed 3 by Danny).

Mugen
04-29-2015, 01:23 AM
My biggest beef with Pop was not calling a timeout to set up a play after Barnes made his freethrows and we were up 1... we still had 3 timeouts.

Yeah, you turn it over there and that's a layup for the Clippers. Mine was the letting Patty hack a DJ for his 4th foul when there were 2 or 3 other guys with less fouls....

ElNono
04-29-2015, 01:24 AM
Yeah, you turn it over there and that's a layup for the Clippers. Mine was the letting Patty hack a DJ for his 4th foul when there were 2 or 3 other guys with less fouls....

:lol sometimes it looks like he's still coaching regular season games

-21-
04-29-2015, 01:25 AM

(We ended up playing Kawhi at the top of the key and the missed 3 by Danny).
That was a pretty good look though.

ElNono
04-29-2015, 01:25 AM

Definitely was... Just think the way Danny has been shooting, maybe go for a safer play...

-21-
04-29-2015, 01:27 AM
I agree with Patty hacking DJ. I was concerned about Mills fouling out but Pop, apparently, wasn't because he was gonna play Parker till the end.

DAF86
04-29-2015, 01:34 AM
Pop has taken a lot of bad decisions this series, imho.

LoneStarState'sPride
04-29-2015, 01:38 AM

Yup, I run that play over 10 times out of 10.

100%duncan
04-29-2015, 01:39 AM
Mills maybe. But Manu fucked us in the end of 3rd and Danny provided much needed D.

DesignatedT
04-29-2015, 01:40 AM
I would take that shot by danny a million times over. Hard to get a better look than that. He rushed it a bit but great look and great job by kawhi on that play. Very encouraging to see us put it in his hands down the stretch.

DAF86
04-29-2015, 01:45 AM
Mills maybe. But Manu fucked us in the end of 3rd and Danny provided much needed D.

Meh, he had a couple of typical Manu turnovers but he was still playing well on pretty much every facet of the game. Green on the other hand couldn't hit shit and on defense he wasn't making much of a difference either, Paul killed him in the 4th.

Besides, if you play Patty you have to play Manu to have a ball handler. We wouldn't have needed DeMonkey to make a monkey play if Patty and Manu had been there to close the game.

Cane
04-29-2015, 01:50 AM
Pop tried to bench Parker in the playoffs back in the goddamn Goran Dragdick Suns series, didn't work out too well

ThaBigFundamental21
04-29-2015, 01:52 AM
I admit it, I'm really shocked as to why Pop refuses to take more minutes from Parker and play Mills more. Mills is playing better and has the hot hand. Pop is absolutely making this harder than it should be. If Parker is too proud to sit and would rather hurt the team, then he is a problem to this team.

Malik Hairston
04-29-2015, 01:52 AM
Maybe he was trying to get Green going after he made a 3 earlier in the quarter, Spurs aren't going far if he can't make his 3s, tbh..maybe he needs the boost in confident/rhythm..

Manu doesn't need to get going, obviously..

DAF86
04-29-2015, 01:54 AM
Pop tried to bench Parker in the playoffs back in the goddamn Goran Dragdick Suns series, didn't work out too well

It worked pretty well last year, tbh.

Either way, don't turn this into a hater's thread. I'm not taling about an specific player, I'm talking about Pop not going with the best players on the night. It's something I noticed a lot during this series.

superjames1992
04-29-2015, 01:56 AM
I think the best players need to play at the end of the game. This isn't a time for CIA Pop mind games. That means Parker, Manu, Kawhi, Duncan, and Diaw need to be on the floor at the end (and maybe Tiago when healthy in place of Diaw, but he obviously isn't). I was kind of puzzled by the decision by Pop tonight. It wasn't like Danny was going off tonight, either; he was not playing well at all.

I really don't like Patty in late in games because he's not a good ball-handler. At least Tony isn't generally turnover-prone, even if he is having a bad game.

DAF86
04-29-2015, 01:57 AM
Maybe he was trying to get Green going after he made a 3 earlier in the quarter, Spurs aren't going far if he can't make his 3s, tbh..maybe he needs the boost in confident/rhythm..

Manu doesn't need to get going, obviously..

Not buying that. Closing moments of probably the game of the season is not the moment to try and "get players going". I think it's a matchups thing or he really hated those two Manu's TO's to end the 3rd.

superjames1992
04-29-2015, 01:58 AM
Not buying that. Closing moments of probably the game of the season is not the moment to try and "get players going". I think it's a matchups thing or he really hated those two Manu's TO's to end the 3rd.

Those two turnovers were awful, but this isn't the time to be disciplining players and sitting them because of errors earlier in the game. You have to play your best players - the players that got you there.

One of those turnovers could have probably been handled by Timmy, anyways, but the first one was truly terrible.

downunder
04-29-2015, 02:03 AM
It is simple what Pop does. He knows it does no good for team to win this series if Parker does not win back his confidence and point scoring ability. And that strategy might just work.

SASdynasty!
04-29-2015, 02:10 AM
Because Pop wants to win games, which he did by riding old faithful. If he was a "what have you done for me lately" Spurstalk poster, he might have gone with Mills. But he isn't...instead he's one of the greatest coaches of all time.

DAF86
04-29-2015, 02:12 AM
Because Pop wants to win games, which he did by riding old faithful. If he was a "what have you done for me lately" Spurstalk poster, he might have gone with Mills. But he isn't...instead he's one of the greatest coaches of all time.

That's why he played a cold shooting Green over a Manu that was having a pretty good game right?

Mugen
04-29-2015, 02:15 AM

:lmao

SASdynasty!
04-29-2015, 02:15 AM
That's why he played a cold shooting Green over a Manu that was having a pretty good game right?
Yes...not sure if you're aware that we won the game with Pop's strategy. Manu gives and takes away. He cut into their lead early and then gave it right back later in the game with those back to back terrible turnovers. Parker regained the lead for the Spurs on three separate occasions and was on the floor when we took our biggest leads of the game multiple times.

RD2191
04-29-2015, 02:16 AM

:lol

DAF86
04-29-2015, 02:22 AM
Yes...not sure if you're aware that we won the game with Pop's strategy. Manu gives and takes away. He cut into their lead early and then gave it right back later in the game with those back to back terrible turnovers. Parker regained the lead for the Spurs on three separate occasions and was on the floor when we took our biggest leads of the game multiple times.

Oh I see, you're one of those special kids that thinks that Pop never comitts mistakes and every decision he takes is the correct one. You're contradicting yourself though, you said Pop sticks with his "known oldies", he has always sticked with Manu. Tonight he didn't stick with him despite Manu having a more than decent game and the guy that ended the game in his position wasn't having a specially good one either, tbh.

BatManu20
04-29-2015, 02:38 AM
Because Pop's one proud, stubborn son of a bitch, that's why. He also happens to be the greatest coach in the league, and one of the greatest of all time. So you live with it.

glen907
04-29-2015, 02:50 AM
manu can't guard consistently, that's why danny on thr floor in crunch time. It shows he adjusted after the last game when they couldn't get a stop to save their life. If you try to outscore the clippers you will lose, you have to keep better defenders on the floor in crunch time. I actually though manu was used properly tonight, he does not need heavy minutes against clipper starters you can only hide one player on defense and that has to be tony/patty, the clippers offense is the best in the league

Malik Hairston
04-29-2015, 02:53 AM
Watching again, Pop actually did take Green out in favor of Belinelli..after Diaw's miracle shot and the 7-point lead, looks like he opted to go back to a defensive lineup with DG..

Seemed like he was more iffy about Manu than anything, as he went with Marco over him in the 4th for offense, too..

DAF86
04-29-2015, 02:57 AM
Watching again, Pop actually did take Green out in favor of Belinelli..after Diaw's miracle shot and the 7-point lead, looks like he opted to go back to a defensive lineup with DG..

Seemed like he was more iffy about Manu than anything, as he went with Marco over him in the 4th for offense, too..

Yep, he must not have liked those two TO's. Still, not a good decision, imho.

Stabula
04-29-2015, 03:53 AM
Manu is a legend but the guy simply gambles way too much on both ends of the floor. Marco has shown some balls all series long and in crunch time Danny Green, even if cold, can hit big shots at any given time and usually provide you elite defense.

apalisoc_9
04-29-2015, 04:04 AM
Going to have to disagree with DAF here.

Pop made the right call. Belli was making shots, and really was a huge offensive boost in the fourth. Don't remember, but I think Paul made a basket that made Pop put Danny..Manu eventually played anyway. I just don't see how it was bad call.

TMTTRIO
04-29-2015, 06:10 AM
If Pop doesn't trust Manu this game why did he put him in at the last minute of the game? He didn't play most of the 4th so why did he get put back in at the end?

will_spurs
04-29-2015, 07:08 AM
As I pointed out in another thread, if the Spurs were behind at the end of the game you'd probably want Manu and Patty in the game to generate as much offense as possible, and especially offense that isn't too scripted. That's what these guys do well.

But when you're leading then you certainly don't want Manu passing the ball to the other team in the clutch. Sometimes Manu plays "in control", but the end of the 3rd quarter clearly showed tonight was not one of those nights. In this case Pop goes with the boring, unimaginative guys who are going to run plays from the playbook and follow Pop's instructions. Up by 1-2 with a few minutes in not the time for creativity, it's the time for discipline and proper execution of the game plan. Still Pop played Manu in the end...

pgardn
04-29-2015, 07:10 AM
He appears to be playing his best player HUGE minutes.

Timfnduncan.

Pocho La Pantera
04-29-2015, 07:27 AM
Manu was gassed, Green defended Paul very well. It wasn't a bad decision.

ontheraise
04-29-2015, 07:35 AM
mills is a crazy 3 point shooter and a great transition player, he provide really important points but he can't run spurs offense on a long run, you can hate parker , but spurs are better with him on the court, and will need him to recover a decent shooting% to win it all.

therealtruth
04-29-2015, 07:47 AM
It looks like TD's improved his conditioning. In past years when his minutes got high you could tell it was taking a toll on him.

cd021
04-29-2015, 07:52 AM
Greens defense was really good, I thought. Having Mills adds shooting but there isn't really a play-maker more ball movement but not necessarily better shots.

I'd have went with Manu at the point with Green, KL, Diaw and Duncan. Green covers Paul, Ginobili on Barnes/Crawford, KL on Reddick, Diaw on Blake and Duncan on 'Dre

cd021
04-29-2015, 07:54 AM
manu can't guard consistently, that's why danny on thr floor in crunch time. It shows he adjusted after the last game when they couldn't get a stop to save their life. If you try to outscore the clippers you will lose, you have to keep better defenders on the floor in crunch time. I actually though manu was used properly tonight, he does not need heavy minutes against clipper starters you can only hide one player on defense and that has to be tony/patty, the clippers offense is the best in the league

Ginobili actually can defend fairly well especially late in games, he does better off ball though. Really like the idea of having Manu run point with Green, Leonard,Diaw and Duncan to close out games.

cd021
04-29-2015, 07:59 AM
mills is a crazy 3 point shooter and a great transition player, he provide really important points but he can't run spurs offense on a long run, you can hate parker , but spurs are better with him on the court, and will need him to recover a decent shooting% to win it all.

I agree.

I'd only play Mills with Manu, KL, Diaw and Duncan to close out games. Parker couldn't hit the side of a barn but did run the offense.

Capster
04-29-2015, 10:16 AM
Give Mills more play time!!! Not rocket science! Mills can drain 3's! I am going to have to up my blood pressure meds!:bang

BOHOLANO#21
04-29-2015, 10:48 AM
I hate it when Pop is going with the percentages! I guess he was expecting Green to finally hit a shot after missing a bunch! He should have played Bellinelli who was hot to shoot for that play!

in2deep
04-29-2015, 10:50 AM

:lol

MateoNeygro
04-29-2015, 11:11 AM

Yes Danny was missing shots however, he's our best defender for Paul. Manu's turnovers were far more costly than any miss that Green had. Not only did we not score on our end but his turnovers usually led to very easy transition points which the Spurs struggled with all night. I love me some Manu Ginobili but he was pissing me off so bad with those turnovers. WE CAN SURVIVE missed shots here and there but we cannot SURVIVE dumb turnovers that lead to easy transition points. The Clippers feed off of those easy scores and really got going after the back to back turnovers caused by Gino.

MultiTroll
04-29-2015, 11:31 AM
Yes Danny was missing shots however, he's our best defender for Paul. Manu's turnovers were far more costly than any miss that Green had. Not only did we not score on our end but his turnovers usually led to very easy transition points which the Spurs struggled with all night. I love me some Manu Ginobili but he was pissing me off so bad with those turnovers. WE CAN SURVIVE missed shots here and there but we cannot SURVIVE dumb turnovers that lead to easy transition points. The Clippers feed off of those easy scores and really got going after the back to back turnovers caused by Gino.
Truth Bombs.
Why CIA Popped cannot grasp is beyond me.
These fucktards already teamed up to give away 2013 trophy. Don't do it again bitches!

Brazil
04-29-2015, 12:12 PM
thread title should be: Why does Pop insists on not playing my boy ?

When Pop insists on Manu in the fourth and he struggles with TOs or FTs, is OP complaining ? :lol

joke aside, we needed obviously more Patty and much less Parker. As for Manu late in the game people complain about TOs and FTs when he plays and complain when he does not play... never happy. I thought tho that Manu played well yesterday, he was 100% at the FT line so would not have any issue to see him playing more...

At the end it's a Win, Spurs are 3-2 and have a chance to finish in 6 games which is a great place to be

DieHardSpursFan1537
04-29-2015, 12:22 PM
Pop really needs to get his head out of his ass. I don't know what he wa thinking with playing Parker during crunch time when all he could do was huck up bricks. Mills has been consistent in the playoffs this year unlike Parker.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-29-2015, 12:24 PM
What KILLED me was at the end of the game when the Clippers HAD to foul right away, instead of putting his best 5 free throw shooters, Pop still keeps Parker, Green, Diaw in there at the end during an FT situation.

Stupid move.

in2deep
04-29-2015, 12:24 PM
lots of poster-coaches here with 20/20 hindsight

:rolleyes

ducks
04-29-2015, 12:36 PM
green is usually clutch on free throws manu is not

letmk
04-29-2015, 12:44 PM
What KILLED me was at the end of the game when the Clippers HAD to foul right away, instead of putting his best 5 free throw shooters, Pop still keeps Parker, Green, Diaw in there at the end during an FT situation.

Stupid move.

I noticed this as well. Patty and Beli should be in for the free throws.

DAF86
04-29-2015, 01:29 PM
thread title should be: Why does Pop insists on not playing my boy ?

When Pop insists on Manu in the fourth and he struggles with TOs or FTs, is OP complaining ? :lol

joke aside, we needed obviously more Patty and much less Parker. As for Manu late in the game people complain about TOs and FTs when he plays and complain when he does not play... never happy. I thought tho that Manu played well yesterday, he was 100% at the FT line so would not have any issue to see him playing more...

At the end it's a Win, Spurs are 3-2 and have a chance to finish in 6 games which is a great place to be

You are tripping if you trully believe that. Manu has stayed on the bench many of times to end games this season and I didn't say shit 'cause when other players are getting the job done I don't give a fuck. In fact I'm on record for asking Pop to bench Manu at the end of games when he's fucking up (just go check 6's game thread, tbh) AAAAND I'm on record for asking Pop to play Green a lot more, but yesterday it was clear as day that the guard duo to end the game should have been Patty and Manu.

DAF86
04-29-2015, 01:40 PM
lots of poster-coaches here with 20/20 hindsight

:rolleyes

Why the fuck is Pop refusing to play the guys that are playing better? This shit would already be over with Patty and Manu in there instead of Tony and Green.

Green missed jumper, Parker bricked FT. Those guys shouldn't be playing, tbh.

Called it on the game thread before, during and after it happened, tbh.

in2deep
04-29-2015, 01:43 PM
Called it on the game thread before, during and after it happened, tbh.

if Parker and Green sit the 2nd half we lose last night.

20/20

DAF86
04-29-2015, 01:45 PM

20/20

If DeMonkey doesn't commit a historic mistake we lose the game and the series. How do you like that for hindsight?

in2deep
04-29-2015, 01:46 PM
If DeMonkey doesn't commit a historic mistake we lose the game and the series. How do you like that for hindsight?

I usually don't respond to racist comments.

even then your comment is grasping straws now

20/20

DAF86
04-29-2015, 01:52 PM
I usually don't respond to racist comments.

even then your comment is grasping straws now

20/20

It's not racist son. If Redick would have made the same mistake I would have called him Apedick, tbh.

in2deep
04-29-2015, 01:54 PM
It's not racist son.

sure. it's not, Adolf

If Redick would have made the same mistake I would have called him Apedick, tbh.

sure poster-coach :rolleyes

TDomination
04-29-2015, 02:01 PM

With the way manu has been turning the ball over, honestly I was beyond relieved to see him on the bench at the end of the game. Last thing I wanted was for us to run down the clock only to not get a shot off because we turned it over, something that we have seen over and over again with Manu.

I love Manu, but man I'm glad he was on the bench.

pgardn
04-29-2015, 02:10 PM
Patty is most effective when someone else is the primary ballhandler.
What I don't want is Patty bringing the ball up and having to begin the offense with Paul on him.

Man I hope we win this series as the rockets don't pressure the ball near as well as the Clips. The problem is Parker and/or Mills might have to guard a legit SG and not Barnes.

Malik Hairston
04-29-2015, 02:11 PM

Stupid move.

Green is usually the most reliable FT shooter on the team outside of Patty, actually:lol..his shot is just broken right now, for whatever reason..

pgardn
04-29-2015, 02:16 PM
Green is usually the most reliable FT shooter on the team outside of Patty, actually:lol..his shot is just broken right now, for whatever reason..

He is also one of the easiest to dislodge the ball from.
The quandry is you got to get the ball in, and the best guys for getting open and holding on are not shooting FT well.

Malik Hairston
04-29-2015, 02:18 PM
He is also one of the easiest to dislodge the ball from.
The quandry is you got to get the ball in, and the best guys for getting open and holding on are not shooting FT well.

That's true, but I'll take my chances with him shooting FTs, usually..

The reality is that this team doesn't have many reliable FT shooters down the stretch, as we have seen in the past 3 years, unfortunately..

Amuseddaysleeper
04-29-2015, 02:19 PM

I know Green was shooting like 90% during the regular season from the FT line, but this time of year he is scary bad. I'm sure he'll snap out of it, but I don't trust him doing anything in crunch time.

pgardn
04-29-2015, 02:22 PM
Manu was actually 6-6 last night and finally made some foul shots that did not touch the rim.

Brazil
04-29-2015, 02:35 PM
You are tripping if you trully believe that. Manu has stayed on the bench many of times to end games this season and I didn't say shit 'cause when other players are getting the job done I don't give a fuck. In fact I'm on record for asking Pop to bench Manu at the end of games when he's fucking up (just go check 6's game thread, tbh) AAAAND I'm on record for asking Pop to play Green a lot more, but yesterday it was clear as day that the guard duo to end the game should have been Patty and Manu.

:lol I wrote joke aside, I was just messing with you a bit

FuzzyLumpkins
04-29-2015, 04:40 PM
He was quick to pull Splitter after one rotation and it saved the game. We were giving up 27+ points in the first three quarters. I saw Bellinelli, Manu, Parker and Patty failing on Paul pnr over and again and the refs were allowing Jordan, Davis and Griffin to turn and stick their hip into defenders. That would ragdoll our smaller guys. Green Bellinelli and Manu kept on getting stuck. They were handsy after contact. Paul is the best pnr player in the NBA and once he was past the big he was masterful moving to the open spot and forcing rotations, dishing, and scoring.

For most of the game Pop gives 8 minute rotations with his guards. He gave the bench time at around the 4 minute mark of the 1st and 3rd quarters. That is what he normally does. I can see Patty getting another 8 minutes and splitting time evenly but Patty has been inconsistent with his confidence so Pop as usual is conservative. It does make sense. Parker has a foot problem and Patty is coming on. Could be helpful for both.

aal04
04-29-2015, 05:28 PM
I dont like Mills as a PG. hes more of a pocket SG. Id rather have manu or cojo distributing.

Mills killer shoot instinct goes against the PG position

therealtruth
04-29-2015, 05:52 PM
I think the defensive lineup worked. The Clippers were scoring despite our best defenders. Not having our best defenders in there would have been suicide. Also DG did get that crucial offensive rebound of his miss.

Robz4000
04-29-2015, 05:57 PM
Um, what? Green was pretty clutch yesterday outside bricking that 3. His D on CP3 was great and he was attacking the glass often. Agree about Enrique tho.

downunder
04-29-2015, 06:31 PM
Mills is not perfect but when he is hot he is HOT. He was the highest scorer at the last Olympics. Pop helped him get to NBA prominence calling him fat. Mills would be eternally grateful for that and the ring he wears. Mills owes Pop and will cop his role playing use by Pop on the nose and not bellyache about it. But Mills can handle a stronger role and should be given a go.

TD 21
04-29-2015, 07:21 PM
Pop (and Rivers) have done a lot of foolish things in this series, but the specific ones mentioned, I actually agreed with.

- I'd have stuck with Mills longer, but once Parker returned, he should have finished. Instead of trying to manage his injuries, he was playing balls to the wall in the 4th. He still struggled, but his sheer aggression and ability to run the offense were crucial

- Ginobili, despite the impressive stat line, again struggled mightily and was killing the team with atrocious, costly turnovers. He's officially back in '13 playoffs mode, playing with zero confidence (only this time, he's healthy) and questionable focus

- Even if Ginobili were playing well, this is a series where they're best off closing with Green, who's not only their best Paul defender, but he allows Leonard to guard Redick, who's their best Redick defender.

Overall, some of the mistakes from these two have been glaring, though . . .

Pop:

- Inexplicably having key players rack up intentional fouls in short order

- Not figuring out that the instant Griffin rests, Diaw needs to, too. He's their only non-Duncan competent big at the moment and they can't have him wasting minutes against Davis. That's the time to play Bonner.

- Continuing to play Baynes, clearly shaken from game 1 and intellectually in over his head in this series. At this point, I'd rather give Ayres a cameo, should they be forced to go three deep at C again.

- Not milking Leonard in the post vs Crawford/Rivers nearly enough.

Rivers:

- Inexplicably resting Griffin and Paul simultaneously. How hard is it to sit one the final 3-4 minutes of the 1st/3rd and the other the first 3-4 minutes of the 2nd/4th?

- Or, if they don't want to chance even going that long without one, get them 1-2 minutes leading into or bracketing a TV timeout 2 times per half

- Not giving Hawes a chance early in the series (particularly next to Griffin when Duncan is in). Sure, he's been brutal all season, but had he awoken, he'd have boosted the upside of their bench.

DAF86
04-30-2015, 12:19 AM
Um, what? Green was pretty clutch yesterday outside bricking that 3. His D on CP3 was great and he was attacking the glass often. Agree about Enrique tho.

:lol Missed 3, missed FT. Paul didn't miss a shot in the 4th.

james evans
04-30-2015, 12:33 AM
green's defense on paul this series is nothing to brag about. Shit has been horrible. He sees a screen coming and just accepts it and still doesn't recover to guard the screening man when someone picks up paul. I don't know what the hell is wrong with him this series

Robz4000
04-30-2015, 12:33 AM
:lol Missed 3, missed FT. Paul didn't miss a shot in the 4th.

He also made up for the missed FT by ensuring Paul didn't get the rebound. Paul was limited to 19 points, and he only got the better of Green guarding him once.

hater
04-30-2015, 08:55 AM
He also made up for the missed FT by ensuring Paul didn't get the rebound. Paul was limited to 19 points, and he only got the better of Green guarding him once.

Agree. Green was decent this mast game. Not sure whst OPs agenda is?

DAF86
04-30-2015, 12:21 PM

I'm only talking about the 4th. Paul did whatever he wanted on the 4th. If Paul is doing whaever he wants to Green's defense and on top of that Danny isn't on a good day shooting the basketball what's the point of having him to end the game?

DAF86
04-30-2015, 12:22 PM
Agree. Green was decent this mast game. Not sure whst OPs agenda is?

My agenda is seeing the Spurs not fucking up games they should win more comfortably.

Pocket Hippo
04-30-2015, 12:57 PM
:tu
Patty is most effective when someone else is the primary ballhandler.
What I don't want is Patty bringing the ball up and having to begin the offense with Paul on him..

100% this

Mouth is Bleeding
04-30-2015, 01:05 PM
Unfortunately this isn't a good series for Manu just because Spurs have to get all the defensive matchups precisely right or the Clippers offense become unstoppable. But I don't think he looks bad out there at all. Not too dissimilar to last year playoffs, it just won't seriously manifest itself against this team.

We will see him score and make plays penetrating if the Spurs go through IMO.

Some turnovers are bad but some also blown out of proportion. He is doing playmaking which is needed against defenses so tight and when he succeeds it's=baskets.

Mouth is Bleeding
04-30-2015, 01:09 PM
And like others have said, Patty needs a ballhandler/playmaker and obv playing him with Parker is unthinkable cause our defense would die a horrible death. He needs Manu and Manu is complicated in this series ^^^^

But I would absolutely love for Cojo to get some of Tony's minutes.

Mouth is Bleeding
04-30-2015, 01:22 PM
In other potential series the small lineups with Kawhi at the 4 and both Danny and Manu on the floor will also destroy people.

With no healthy Splitter it could get more relevant.

DAF86
04-30-2015, 11:26 PM
Waiting 'till 1 minute left to insert Patty and Beli for Tony and Danny. :tu

Special kudos to that hack a Jordan when we were rolling and the Clippers were already thinking about their vacations. Just an all around very solid coached series. :tu :tu

UZER
04-30-2015, 11:30 PM
Waiting 'till 1 minute left to insert Patty and Beli for Tony and Danny. :tu

Special kudos to that hack a Jordan when we were rolling and the Clippers were already thinking about their vacations. Just an all around very solid coached series. :tu :tu

and just to prove how smart he is, he's gonna do the hack in game 7 too