RD2191
04-29-2015, 01:39 AM
http://i.imgur.com/MDAy7Ue.jpg

phyzik
04-29-2015, 01:39 AM
Of course logic doesn't make sense to believers.... so whatever... :lol

RD2191
04-29-2015, 01:40 AM
http://www.cringechannel.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/adam-putsey-hates-jesus.jpg

RD2191
04-29-2015, 01:40 AM
https://kevinhubert.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/screen-shot-2012-03-04-at-4-47-17-pm.png

RD2191
04-29-2015, 01:41 AM
http://img.4plebs.org/boards/pol/image/1385/75/1385752916744.jpg

RD2191
04-29-2015, 01:41 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/3c4ff114a93f1033f83d1b33281e83fa/tumblr_mkyeztVcWD1rhkwkto1_500.jpg

RD2191
04-29-2015, 01:42 AM
http://i.imgur.com/IrrM31J.png

phyzik
04-29-2015, 01:43 AM
Rob Diaz with the "la la la la la" fingers in his ears.... per par...

How about watching the vids and using evidence to debunk them?

Oh wait... you have no evidence..... :lol

Everything said in these videos is practically word for word from the bible itself.... :toast

RD2191
04-29-2015, 01:45 AM
http://images.f169bbs.com/content/2014-09/official-f169-brony-fedora-thread-4004.jpg

RD2191
04-29-2015, 01:46 AM
http://i.imgur.com/1wi6kCe.jpg

:lmao

phyzik
04-29-2015, 01:47 AM
You can post a million meme's but just remember, meme's where invented by Dawkins. :lol

you still lose...

DMC
04-29-2015, 01:48 AM
No one needs to debunk claims of existence or of non-existence. Finding one idiot to say something negative about belief is no different than finding one idiot to say something positive about belief. Believing in an invisible sky lord is no better/worse than believing somehow that girl you're fucking stopped being a whore when you met her.

phyzik
04-29-2015, 01:50 AM
When I was young, I prayed and Prayed for a bicycle.....

Then I realized that God doesn't work that way...

So I just stold one and ask for forgiveness..... :rolleyes

Christian morals. :lol

phyzik
04-29-2015, 01:55 AM
No one needs to debunk claims of existence or of non-existence. Finding one idiot to say something negative about belief is no different than finding one idiot to say something positive about belief. Believing in an invisible sky lord is no better/worse than believing somehow that girl you're fucking stopped being a whore when you met her.

Wrong...

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence..... If I was fucking a whore, I, or someone else, could provide evidence.

If someone comes up to you and says they can fly, would you seriously take them at their word? or would you ask for evidence?

That is the place of ANY Atheist. You show us verifiable and irrefutable proof, we will accept it...

Until then, you are mentally handicapped head cases who have a collective imaginary friend.

redzero
04-29-2015, 01:59 AM
inb4 DMC and phyzik have a long debate even though they agree with each other. :lol

phyzik
04-29-2015, 02:04 AM
inb4 DMC and phyzik have a long debate even though they agree with each other. :lol

fundamentally we may disagree with each other, but a fun debate is a fun debate. I would think DMC is at least honest enough to concede certain points, as I would, in a debate we both loosely agree upon.

HI-FI
04-29-2015, 02:05 AM
http://www.cringechannel.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/adam-putsey-hates-jesus.jpg

phyzik
04-29-2015, 02:08 AM
As far as you Rob, I bet you didn't even watch the video's.... At least be intellectually honest about that.

I don't need to resort to childish slander towards the bible... If anyone would actually take the time to really read the bible, it does that all on it's own.

RD2191
04-29-2015, 02:12 AM
It's the same old bullshit. Why would I watch it? So we can argue for hours on end only to end up at the same place we were before? Some dude on the internet isn't going to make me lose my faith or ask why God supposedly doesn't love me.

phyzik
04-29-2015, 02:14 AM
It's the same old bullshit. Why would I watch it? So we can argue for hours on end only to end up at the same place we were before? Some dude on the internet isn't going to make me lose my faith or ask why God supposedly doesn't love me.

Read the Bible from cover to cover... if you still believe that nonsense than there is nothing more I can say to you except I feel sorry for you.

Any Harry Potter book makes more sense than the bible.... and that is sad.

As far as "why watch the videos?"

Matt, the guy in the video's, was an ordained priest for 20+ years...

He knows the bible better than you do. In FACT, the first video is pretty much a perfect reenactment of what your "god" did up until now. :toast

RD2191
04-29-2015, 02:36 AM
Read the Bible from cover to cover... if you still believe that nonsense than there is nothing more I can say to you except I feel sorry for you.

Any Harry Potter book makes more sense than the bible.... and that is sad.

As far as "why watch the videos?"

Matt, the guy in the video's, was an ordained priest for 20+ years...

He knows the bible better than you do. In FACT, the first video is pretty much a perfect reenactment of what your "god" did up until now. :toast
I have more knowledge of the Bible than the loser in the video. And don't feel sorry for me, my life is great, thank God for that.

DJR210
04-29-2015, 08:03 AM
http://i.imgur.com/XZJDBUO.jpg

DJR210
04-29-2015, 08:05 AM

:lol watching DMC argue makes my fucking head hurt..dude is an expert on every topic, and has never lost a debate on any of them

DJR210
04-29-2015, 08:08 AM
:rollin

robdiaz2191 w/ the epic atheist crushing goods

RD2191
04-29-2015, 10:46 AM

robdiaz2191 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=42690) w/ the epic atheist crushing goods
:lmaoi'm gonna buy phyzik a fedora, tbh

Blake
04-29-2015, 10:59 AM

robdiaz2191 w/ the epic atheist crushing goods

Lol rob with the most posts in an atheist thread

Avante
04-29-2015, 12:45 PM
I always feel so sorry for atheists. And as we all see they really are miserable most the time.

DarrinS
04-29-2015, 12:49 PM
Lol rob with the most posts in an atheist thread

How many of these have you started?

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247352&p=7968981

RandomGuy
04-29-2015, 01:08 PM

Meh, easy to say for someone who can't really defend their cult.

QhQC6-zNdK0

LOL Don't question the elders, who will tell you what God said....

RandomGuy
04-29-2015, 01:09 PM
7GYI0WZCquc

Ea05LPbzAnk

Matt has gotten a lot more polished since he started Patreon.

Blake
04-29-2015, 01:42 PM
How many of these have you started?

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247352&p=7968981

A few at least. I want him to remember this when he asks "If you think christianity sucks, then why talk about it so much?"

RD2191
04-29-2015, 03:45 PM
Meh, easy to say for someone who can't really defend their cult.

QhQC6-zNdK0

LOL Don't question the elders, who will tell you what God said....
Meh, same ol same ol. Not a cult, not even close.

RandomGuy
04-29-2015, 03:53 PM
Meh, same ol same ol. Not a cult, not even close.

Define "cult".

Quite frankly, just about every major religion includes all sorts of cultish mechanisms.

If you want to make the case that JW isn't a cult, maybe you could tell me about shunning and how that works.

Have they picked out someone for you to marry yet?

RD2191
04-29-2015, 03:58 PM
Define "cult".

Quite frankly, just about every major religion includes all sorts of cultish mechanisms.

If you want to make the case that JW isn't a cult, maybe you could tell me about shunning and how that works.

Have they picked out someone for you to marry yet?
They pick who you marry? And what is shunning? Have you ever been to a meeting? Are you just getting info from what a disgruntled hipster woman is saying on youtube?

phyzik
04-30-2015, 01:28 AM
You Theist are cute.... You act superior but in fact have no base to stand on.

your "god" has not just been proven immoral, but fundamentally insane if he exists at all... All it takes is a reading of the bible, old testament or new testament....

While on the topic, If your imaginary friend DID exist and was a perfect being, why did he have to re-write his book? And then on top of that.... why is there so much "wrong" compared to todays morals and contradictions in his "new" book?

phyzik
04-30-2015, 02:03 AM
"I permit no woman to teach or have authority over men; she is to keep silent." Timothy 2:11

So... according to that, what do we do with all the women teachers of the world?

"He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord."(Deuteronomy 23:1)

So anyone with testicular cancer is out, through no fault of their own...

Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery." (Luke 16:18)

Any Divorced individual is screwed...

"A bitched shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the Lord." (Deuteronomy 23:2)

I bet Rob is a "bitched" son, hell, I bet ALL of us are if you go back 10 generations.... But even then......

"But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." (Matthew 5:28)

What male HASN'T looked at a woman, this basically excludes ALL MEN.... but wait, lets get to the women...

"But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head..." 1 Corinthians 11:5

ALL Women this day in age are damned too... But just in case you STILL fall in the category of "saved" lets continue....

If in spite of this you still do not listen to me but continue to be hostile toward me, 28 then in my anger I will be hostile toward you, and I myself will punish you for your sins seven times over. 29 You will eat the flesh of your sons and the flesh of your daughters."(Leviticus 26:27-30)

Eat your children bitches!!! God says so!!!

"For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me." (Matthew 10:35-27)

If your family members do not follow the previous commandments, kill them, so that god will accept you.... Fuck Family first!!!

"When men strive together one with another, and the wife of the one draweth near for to deliver her husband out of the hand of him that smiteth him, and putteth forth her hand, and taketh him by the secrets: Then thou shalt cut off her hand, thine eye shall not pity her." (Deuteronomy 25:11-12)

Rob, if you even have a woman, next time she tries to stick up for you, be sure to chop off her hand...

"Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke [reason with] thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the Lord." (Leviticus 19: 17-18)

If you have some daughters, get them prepared to take my man pole.... I expect a nice dinner as well...

"Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones." (Psalm 137:9)

After I bang your daughters, lets bash that head in of your most recent baby for being unruly!!!

"But if she bear a maid child, then she shall be unclean two weeks, as in her separation: and she shall continue in the blood of her purifying threescore and six days." (Leviticus 12:5)

But if it is a girl baby, your whore of a wife needs to wait 66 days of shame... Yeah!!!

"Master, Moses wrote unto us, If a man's brother die, and leave his wife behind him, and leave no children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother." (Mark 12:19)

Make sure to bang the shit out of your brothers wife after he dies.... wouldn't want to upset god.... Got to keep the family seed going in the name of the church!!!

"For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him." (Leviticus 20:9)

MUST. KILL. ALL. TEENAGERS. EVER. BECAUSE. GOD.

"But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel: Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you." (Deuteronomy 22: 20-21)

If you didn't break that Hymen, Kill the bitch! YAY!!!

"For whatsoever man he be that hath a blemish, he shall not approach: a blind man, or a lame, or he that hath a flat nose, or any thing superfluous, Or a man that is brokenfooted, or brokenhanded, Or crookbackt, or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabbed, or hath his stones broken. No man that hath a blemish of the seed of Aaron the priest shall come nigh to offer the offerings of the Lord made by fire: he hath a blemish; he shall not come nigh to offer the bread of his God." (Leviticus 21:18-21)

"FUCK RETARDS!!" -God

"...thou shalt not approach unto a woman to uncover her nakedness, as long as she is put apart for her uncleanness." (Leviticus 18:19)

Nasty ass bitches bleeding all over the place, fuck them!!! your penis is to sacred to touch that nasty bitch!!

"But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also." (Matthew 5:39)

I REALLY want to hold you to this one... Let me come beat the shit out of you.... really.... seriously..... just stand there.... I'd love it.

"And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched." (Mark 9:43)

If you think you are free of sin and above Atheist, lend me your hand for a few seconds.....

"And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also." (Matthew 5:40)

I would like your address so I could steal your shit and see if you give me your jacket on the way out...

I bet you don't even know any of these because you have never actually read the bible (old or new testament).... I can keep going if you want because I HAVE read both iterations. Cover to cover. several times. Probably more than your church preacher who picks and chooses scriptures to keep you as a sheep.

BAHAHAHAHA motherfucker, BAHAHAHAHA....

Sheep.

And I STILL havn't even touched on the most ridiculous shit yet if you can believe that. :lol

But go Ahead Rob.... Let's hear it, I would LOVE to hear your rational thoughts on the bible that you claim to know more about than an ordained priest like Matt who practiced for more than 20 years .:wakeup

angrydude
04-30-2015, 11:29 AM
lol @ taking the bible literally.

Just because most christians don't understand the origins of their own religion doesn't mean God doesn't exist.

RD2191
04-30-2015, 11:35 AM
So... according to that, what do we do with all the women teachers of the world?

So anyone with testicular cancer is out, through no fault of their own...

Any Divorced individual is screwed...

I bet Rob is a "bitched" son, hell, I bet ALL of us are if you go back 10 generations.... But even then......

What male HASN'T looked at a woman, this basically excludes ALL MEN.... but wait, lets get to the women...

ALL Women this day in age are damned too... But just in case you STILL fall in the category of "saved" lets continue....

Eat your children bitches!!! God says so!!!

If your family members do not follow the previous commandments, kill them, so that god will accept you.... Fuck Family first!!!

Rob, if you even have a woman, next time she tries to stick up for you, be sure to chop off her hand...

If you have some daughters, get them prepared to take my man pole.... I expect a nice dinner as well...

After I bang your daughters, lets bash that head in of your most recent baby for being unruly!!!

But if it is a girl baby, your whore of a wife needs to wait 66 days of shame... Yeah!!!

Make sure to bang the shit out of your brothers wife after he dies.... wouldn't want to upset god.... Got to keep the family seed going in the name of the church!!!

MUST. KILL. ALL. TEENAGERS. EVER. BECAUSE. GOD.

If you didn't break that Hymen, Kill the bitch! YAY!!!

"FUCK RETARDS!!" -God

Nasty ass bitches bleeding all over the place, fuck them!!! your penis is to sacred to touch that nasty bitch!!

I REALLY want to hold you to this one... Let me come beat the shit out of you.... really.... seriously..... just stand there.... I'd love it.

If you think you are free of sin and above Atheist, lend me your hand for a few seconds.....

I would like your address so I could steal your shit and see if you give me your jacket on the way out...

I bet you don't even know any of these because you have never actually read the bible (old or new testament).... I can keep going if you want because I HAVE read both iterations. Cover to cover. several times. Probably more than your church preacher who picks and chooses scriptures to keep you as a sheep.

BAHAHAHAHA motherfucker, BAHAHAHAHA....

Sheep.

And I STILL havn't even touched on the most ridiculous shit yet if you can believe that. :lol

But go Ahead Rob.... Let's hear it, I would LOVE to hear your rational thoughts on the bible that you claim to know more about than an ordained priest like Matt who practiced for more than 20 years .:wakeup
Just because you posted scriptures doesn't mean you understand what you're reading. You're obviously an idiot.

RD2191
04-30-2015, 11:42 AM
Mosaic law, old testament. We've been through this.

RD2191
04-30-2015, 11:57 AM
Have women been cursed by God?No. Instead, it is “the original serpent, the one called Devil,” who has been “cursed” by God. (Revelation 12:9; (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/revelation/12/#v66012009) Genesis 3:14 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/genesis/3/#v1003014)) When God said that Adam would “dominate” his wife, God was not indicating his approval of the subjugation of woman by man. (Genesis 3:16 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/genesis/3/#v1003016)) He was simply foretelling the sad consequences of sin on the first couple.
Thus, the abuse of women is a direct outcome of the sinful nature of humans, not of God’s will. The Bible does not support the idea that women must be subjugated to men in order to atone for the original sin.—Romans 5:12 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/romans/5/#v45005012).

Did God create woman inferior to man?No. Genesis 1:27 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/genesis/1/#v1001027) states: “God proceeded to create the man in his image, in God’s image he created him; male and female he created them.” So from the very beginning, humans—both male and female—were created with the ability to reflect God’s qualities. Although Adam and Eve had their own unique emotional and physical makeup, they both received the same commission and enjoyed the same rights before their Maker.—Genesis 1:28-31 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/genesis/1/#v1001028-v1001031).
Prior to Eve’s creation, God declared: “I am going to make a helper for him [Adam], as a complement of him.” (Genesis 2:18 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/genesis/2/#v1002018)) Does the word “complement” imply that the woman was inferior to the man? No, because this Hebrew word can also be rendered “counterpart” or “a help corresponding to” man. Think of the complementary roles played by a surgeon and an anesthetist during surgery. Can one manage without the other? Hardly! Though the surgeon performs the actual operation, is he more important? It is hard to say. Likewise, God created the man and the woman to cooperate closely, not to compete with each other.—Genesis 2:24 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/genesis/2/#v1002024).

What shows God’s concern for women?Foreseeing what fallen, sinful men would do, God early on expressed his intention to protect women. Speaking of the Mosaic Law, instituted in the 16th century B.C.E., author Laure Aynard, in her book La Bible au féminin (The Bible in the Feminine Gender), notes: “For the most part, when the Law covenant speaks of the woman, it is to defend her.”
For instance, the Law commanded honor and respect for both father and mother. (Exodus 20:12; (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/exodus/20/#v2020012) 21:15, (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/exodus/21/#v2021015) 17 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/exodus/21/#v2021017)) It also required that due consideration be shown to pregnant women. (Exodus 21:22 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/exodus/21/#v2021022)) Even today, the protection provided by those laws of God stands in sharp contrast with the lack of legal rights that some women experience in many parts of the world. But there is more.

A Law That Reflects God’s View of WomenThe Law that Jehovah God gave the nation of Israel provided the people—men and women—with boundless physical, moral, and spiritual benefits. As long as they listened and obeyed, the nation was “high above all other nations of the earth.” (Deuteronomy 28:1, 2 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/deuteronomy/28/#v5028001-v5028002)) What was the woman’s place under the Law? Consider the following.

1. Individual freedom. Unlike women in many other nations in ancient times, the Israelite woman enjoyed a great measure of freedom. Though the husband was given the role of the head of the family, the wife, with her husband’s full trust, could ‘consider a field and obtain it’ and ‘plant a vineyard.’ If she had skills in spinning and weaving, she could even run her own business. (Proverbs 31:11, (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/proverbs/31/#v20031011) 16-19 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/proverbs/31/#v20031016-v20031019)) Women under the Mosaic Law were seen as individuals in their own right and not as just an appendage to man.

In ancient Israel, women were also free to have a personal relationship with God. The Bible speaks of Hannah, who prayed to God about a personal matter and secretly made a vow. (1 Samuel 1:11, (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/1-samuel/1/#v9001011) 24-28 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/1-samuel/1/#v9001024-v9001028)) A woman from the city of Shunem used to consult the prophet Elisha on Sabbath days. (2 Kings 4:22-25 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/2-kings/4/#v12004022-v12004025)) Women, such as Deborah and Huldah, were used by God as his representatives. Interestingly, prominent men and priests were willing to seek advice from them.—Judges 4:4-8; (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/judges/4/#v7004004-v7004008) 2 Kings 22:14-16, (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/2-kings/22/#v12022014-v12022016) 20 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/2-kings/22/#v12022020).

2. Access to education. As party to the Law covenant, women were invited to listen to the reading of the Law, which provided them with opportunities to learn. (Deuteronomy 31:12; (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/deuteronomy/31/#v5031012) Nehemiah 8:2, (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/nehemiah/8/#v16008002) 8 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/nehemiah/8/#v16008008)) They could also receive training for participation in certain aspects of public worship. For example, some women likely did “organized service” at the tabernacle, while others performed in a mixed choir of singers.—Exodus 38:8; (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/exodus/38/#v2038008) 1 Chronicles 25:5, 6 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/1-chronicles/25/#v13025005-v13025006).
Many women had the knowledge and skill needed to run a profitable business. (Proverbs 31:24 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/proverbs/31/#v20031024)) Contrary to the culture in other nations at that time—in which the father alone taught his sons—the Israelite mother was to share in educating her male children until adulthood. (Proverbs 31:1 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/proverbs/31/#v20031001)) Obviously, women in ancient Israel were far from being uneducated.

3. Honored and respected. The Ten Commandments clearly stipulated: “Honor your father and your mother.” (Exodus 20:12 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/exodus/20/#v2020012)) In the proverbs of wise King Solomon, we read: “Listen, my son, to the discipline of your father, and do not forsake the law of your mother.”—Proverbs 1:8 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/proverbs/1/#v20001008).
The Law included detailed regulations regarding conduct among unmarried persons, showing respect for females. (Leviticus 18:6, (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/leviticus/18/#v3018006) 9; (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/leviticus/18/#v3018009)Deuteronomy 22:25, 26 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/deuteronomy/22/#v5022025-v5022026)) A good husband had to take into account his wife’s physical and biological limitations.—Leviticus 18:19 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/leviticus/18/#v3018019).
4. Rights to be protected. In his Word, Jehovah portrays himself as “a father of fatherless boys and a judge of widows.” In other words, he was the Protector of those whose rights were not safeguarded by a father or a husband. (Psalm 68:5; (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/psalms/68/#v19068005) Deuteronomy 10:17, 18 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/deuteronomy/10/#v5010017-v5010018)) Thus, in one case when the widow of a prophet was treated unfairly by a creditor, Jehovah intervened with a miracle so that she could survive and keep her dignity.—2 Kings 4:1-7 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/2-kings/4/#v12004001-v12004007).

Before the Israelites entered the Promised Land, the family head Zelophehad died without leaving a son. His five daughters therefore requested Moses to give them “a possession” in the Promised Land. Jehovah’s response went far beyond their request. He told Moses: “Give them the possession of an inheritance in the midst of their father’s brothers, and you must cause their father’s inheritance to pass to them.” From that time on, women in Israel could receive an inheritance from their father and pass it on to their offspring.—Numbers 27:1-8 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/numbers/27/#v4027001-v4027008).

God’s View of Women MisrepresentedUnder the Mosaic Law, women enjoyed an honorable status, and their rights were respected. However, from the fourth century B.C.E. on, Judaism started to be influenced by Greek culture, which regarded women as inferior.—See the box “Discrimination Against Women in Ancient Writings.”
For example, Greek poet Hesiod (eighth century B.C.E.) imputed all mankind’s ills to women. In his Theogony, he spoke of “the deadly race and tribe of women who live amongst mortal men to their great trouble.” This idea gained ground in Judaism early in the second century B.C.E. The Talmud, compiled from the second century C.E. on, gave this warning to men: “Do not converse much with women, as this will ultimately lead you to unchastity.”
Throughout the centuries, this distrust has had a profound effect on women’s role in Jewish society. In Jesus’ day, their access to the temple precincts had already been limited to the Court of Women. Religious education was solely for men, and women were likely separated from men in the synagogues. The Talmud quotes one Rabbi as saying: “Whoever teaches his daughter Torah [the Law] teaches her obscenity.” By misrepresenting God’s viewpoint, Jewish religious leaders instilled a contempt for women in many men.
When on earth, Jesus noted such prejudices, which were deeply rooted in traditions. (Matthew 15:6, (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/matthew/15/#v40015006) 9; (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/matthew/15/#v40015009) 26:7-11 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/matthew/26/#v40026007-v40026011)) Did such teachings influence the way he dealt with women? What can we learn from his behavior and attitude? Has true Christianity brought relief to women? The next article will answer these questions.

WHEN on earth, Jesus perfectly reflected his heavenly Father’s personality and way of doing things. He said: “I do nothing of my own initiative; but just as the Father taught me I speak . . . I always do the things pleasing to him.” (John 8:28, 29; (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/john/8/#v43008028-v43008029) Colossians 1:15 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/colossians/1/#v51001015)) Thus, by noting the way Jesus interacted with women and his attitude toward them, we have a window into understanding God’s view of women and his expectations for them.
Based on what is recorded in the Gospel accounts, a number of scholars have acknowledged Jesus’ view of women as nothing short of revolutionary. How is that so? And more important, do his teachings still have a liberating influence on women today?

How Jesus Treated WomenJesus did not consider them to be mere sexual objects. In the view of some Jewish religious leaders, contact with the opposite sex could lead only to lust. Since women were feared as a source of temptation, they were not allowed to talk to men in public or to go out without wearing a veil. On the other hand, Jesus advised men to control their own fleshly desires and treat women with dignity instead of cutting them off from social relations.—Matthew 5:28 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/matthew/5/#v40005028).
Jesus also said: “Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery against her.” (Mark 10:11, 12 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/mark/10/#v41010011-v41010012)) He thus rejected the prevailing rabbinic teaching that allowed men to divorce their wives “on every sort of ground.” (Matthew 19:3, (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/matthew/19/#v40019003) 9 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/matthew/19/#v40019009)) The concept of committing adultery against his wife was alien to most Jews. Their rabbis taught that a husband could never commit adultery against his wife—only a woman could be unfaithful! As one Bible commentary puts it, “Jesus, by putting the husband under the same moral obligation as the wife, raised the status and dignity of women.”

The effect of his teaching today: In the Christian congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses, women associate freely with men at meetings. However, they need not fear indecent looks or undue familiarity, because Christian men are careful to treat “older women as mothers, younger women as sisters with all chasteness.”—1 Timothy 5:2 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/1-timothy/5/#v54005002).

Jesus took time to teach women. In contrast with the prevalent rabbinic view that kept women in ignorance, Jesus taught them and encouraged them to express themselves. By refusing to deprive Mary of the joy of being taught, Jesus showed that a woman’s place is not only in the kitchen. (Luke 10:38-42 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/luke/10/#v42010038-v42010042)) Mary’s sister, Martha, also benefited from his teaching, as shown by her intelligent answers to Jesus after Lazarus’ death.—John 11:21-27 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/john/11/#v43011021-v43011027).

What women thought mattered to Jesus. At that time, most Jewish women believed that the key to happiness was to have a worthy son, if possible one who was a prophet. When one of the women cried out: “Happy is the womb that carried you!” Jesus seized the opportunity to tell her about something better. (Luke 11:27, 28 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/luke/11/#v42011027-v42011028)) By indicating that spirituality was more important, Jesus pointed her to something more than the traditional role imposed upon women.—John 8:32 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/john/8/#v43008032).
The effect of his teaching today: Teachers in the Christian congregation welcome the comments by women at congregation meetings. They respect mature women for being “teachers of what is good,” both in private and by example. (Titus 2:3 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/titus/2/#v56002003)) They also rely on them to tell publicly the good news of God’s Kingdom.—Psalm 68:11 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/psalms/68/#v19068011); see the box “Did the Apostle Paul Forbid Women to Speak?” (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/wp20120901/women-respect-and-dignity/#link0) on page 9.

Jesus cared for women. In Bible times, daughters were not valued as much as sons. The Talmud reflects this view, saying: “Happy is he whose children are males, and woe to him whose children are females.” Some parents regarded a girl as a greater burden—they would have to find her a mate and give a dowry, and they would not be able to depend on her for support in their old age.
Jesus showed that a little girl’s life is as important as a boy’s—he resurrected Jairus’ daughter, as he did the son of the widow at Nain. (Mark 5:35, (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/mark/5/#v41005035) 41, 42; (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/mark/5/#v41005041-v41005042) Luke 7:11-15 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/luke/7/#v42007011-v42007015)) After healing a woman troubled by “a spirit of weakness for eighteen years,” Jesus called her “a daughter of Abraham,” an expression almost unknown in Jewish writings. (Luke 13:10-16 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/luke/13/#v42013010-v42013016)) By using this respectful and kind expression, he not only regarded her as a full-fledged member of society but also recognized her great faith.—Luke 19:9; (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/luke/19/#v42019009) Galatians 3:7 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/galatians/3/#v48003007).

The effect of his teaching today: An Asian saying goes: “Raising a daughter is like watering the neighbor’s garden.” Far from being influenced by that mentality, loving Christian fathers care well for all their children, sons and daughters. Christian parents make sure that all their children receive proper education and health care.

Jesus trusted women. In the Jewish courts, the testimony of a woman was considered equal only to that of a slave. Josephus, a first-century historian, advised: “From women let no evidence be accepted, because of the levity and temerity of their sex.”
In sharp contrast, Jesus chose to have women bear witness to his resurrection. (Matthew 28:1, (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/matthew/28/#v40028001) 8-10 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/matthew/28/#v40028008-v40028010)) Though these faithful women had been eyewitnesses of the execution and burial of their Lord, to the apostles, the women’s words were hard to believe. (Matthew 27:55, 56, (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/matthew/27/#v40027055-v40027056) 61; (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/matthew/27/#v40027061) Luke 24:10, 11 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/luke/24/#v42024010-v42024011)) However, by appearing first to women, the resurrected Christ regarded them as worthy of bearing witness as his other disciples were.—Acts 1:8, (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/acts/1/#v44001008) 14 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/acts/1/#v44001014).

The effect of his teaching today: In congregations of Jehovah’s Witnesses, men who have responsibilities show consideration for women by taking into account their observations. For their part, Christian husbands ‘assign honor’ to their wives by listening carefully to them.—1 Peter 3:7; (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/1-peter/3/#v60003007) Genesis 21:12 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/genesis/21/#v1021012).

Bible Principles Contribute to Women’s Happiness
When men imitate Christ, women are given the respect and freedom that God originally purposed for them. (Genesis 1:27, 28 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/genesis/1/#v1001027-v1001028)) Instead of supporting male chauvinism, Christian husbands let themselves be guided by Bible principles, which contribute to their mate’s happiness.—Ephesians 5:28, 29 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/ephesians/5/#v49005028-v49005029).

RD2191
04-30-2015, 11:58 AM
When Yelena began to study the Bible, she was silently suffering harsh treatment from her husband. He had been brought up in a violent environment, where the kidnapping of brides and physical abuse were common practices. “What I learned from the Bible gave me strength,” says Yelena. “I understood that there was someone who loved me very much and valued and cared about me. I also understood that if my husband studied the Bible, it could change his attitude toward me.” Her dream came true when her husband eventually agreed to study the Bible and then got baptized as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. “He became an example of self-control and restraint,” Yelena says. “We learned to forgive each other freely.” Her conclusion? “Bible principles have truly helped me to feel needed and protected in my marriage.”—Colossians 3:13, (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/colossians/3/#v51003013) 18, 19 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/colossians/3/#v51003018-v51003019).
Yelena’s experience is not unique. Millions of Christian women are happy because they and their husbands together endeavor to apply Bible principles in their marriage. They find respect, comfort, and freedom in the association of fellow Christians.—John 13:34, 35 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/john/13/#v43013034-v43013035).
Christian men and women both recognize that as sinful and imperfect humans, they are part of God’s creation that has been “subjected to futility.” However, by drawing close to their loving God and Father, Jehovah, they have the hope of being “set free from enslavement to corruption” and enjoying “the glorious freedom of the children of God.” What a marvelous prospect for both men and women under God’s care!—Romans 8:20, 21 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/romans/8/#v45008020-v45008021).

RD2191
Did the Apostle Paul Forbid Women to Speak?
“Let the women keep silent in the congregations,” wrote the apostle Paul. (1 Corinthians 14:34 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/1-corinthians/14/#v46014034)) What did he mean? Was he belittling their intelligence? No. In fact, he often referred to the wholesome teaching of women. (2 Timothy 1:5; (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/2-timothy/1/#v55001005) Titus 2:3-5 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/titus/2/#v56002003-v56002005)) In his letter to the Corinthians, Paul advised not only women but also individuals who had the gift of tongues and prophecy to “keep silent” when another believer was speaking. * (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/wp20120901/women-respect-and-dignity/#footnote1)(1 Corinthians 14:26-30, (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/1-corinthians/14/#v46014026-v46014030) 33 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/1-corinthians/14/#v46014033)) Likely some Christian women were so enthusiastic about their newfound faith that they interrupted the speaker to ask questions, as was the custom in that part of the world. In order to avoid such disorder, Paul encouraged them to “question their own husbands at home.”—1 Corinthians 14:35 (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/nwt/books/1-corinthians/14/#v46014035).

RD2191
http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/wp20120901/women-respect-and-dignity/

RD2191
04-30-2015, 12:10 PM
And phyzik I've already answered all of those questions in other threads. Feel free to search for them.

RD2191
04-30-2015, 12:20 PM
You Theist are cute.... You act superior but in fact have no base to stand on.

your "god" has not just been proven immoral, but fundamentally insane if he exists at all... All it takes is a reading of the bible, old testament or new testament....

While on the topic, If your imaginary friend DID exist and was a perfect being, why did he have to re-write his book? And then on top of that.... why is there so much "wrong" compared to todays morals and contradictions in his "new" book?
What book did God re-write? You do realize that there was no bible as we know today when Jesus was on Earth, right? Jesus came to set new laws and set humanity free from mosaic law. Take it slow little buddy.

RD2191
04-30-2015, 12:35 PM
"He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD." - Deuteronomy 23:1

"He that is wounded ., shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord-"To enter into the congregation of the Lord" means either admission to public honors and offices in the Church and State of Israel, or, in the case of foreigners, incorporation with that nation by marriage. The rule was that strangers and foreigners, for fear of friendship or marriage connections with them leading the people into idolatry, were not admissible till their conversion to the Jewish faith. But this passage describes certain limitations of the general rule. The following parties were excluded from the full rights and privileges of citizenship: (1) Eunuchs-It was a very ancient practice for parents in the East by various arts to mutilate their children, with a view to training them for service in the houses of the great. (2) Bastards-Such an indelible stigma in both these instances was designed as a discouragement to practices that were disgraceful, but too common from intercourse with foreigners. (3) Ammonites and Moabites-Without provocation they had combined to engage a soothsayer to curse the Israelites; and had further endeavored, by ensnaring them into the guilt and licentious abominations of idolatry, to seduce them from their allegiance to God."

RD2191
04-30-2015, 12:36 PM
http://www.sstibbs.com/scott/2008_archives/blog_2008_050.html

Good reading although I don't believe in hell or any of that stuff.

RD2191
04-30-2015, 12:39 PM
It's all about context as I have explained many times before. You're doing the same thing randomguy did which is go to your fav bible hating website such as evilbible.com and posting "bad" or "evil" bible passages. I can tell that you have zero knowledge of the bible or have actually done any studying or examining if your own. If you are really interested pick up a bible and deeply examine what you're reading. I can pick passages out of tons of books and make them seem bad or evil if I don't read in context.

DMC
04-30-2015, 01:02 PM
Wrong...

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.....

Who here has made such an extraordinary claim? Isn't it also extraordinary to say something doesn't exist, anywhere?

If I was fucking a whore, I, or someone else, could provide evidence.
Belief isn't about evidence. Evidence is how belief is transferred, but belief itself isn't based on evidence. Individuals can be compelled to belief by experience that cannot be shown as evidence. Sure it's evidence to them, but in the sense you're using the word "evidence", it has to be something you can share with someone else that will help to compel in them the same belief you hold.

If someone comes up to you and says they can fly, would you seriously take them at their word? or would you ask for evidence?

You're the one coming up and saying I cannot fly. Where's your evidence?

That is the place of ANY Atheist. You show us verifiable and irrefutable proof, we will accept it...

Until then, you are mentally handicapped head cases who have a collective imaginary friend.
The fact you capitalize the word "atheist" tells me you don't have a firm grasp on what it really means. It doesn't mean someone who goes around and challenges everyone to prove every assertion else the assertion is deemed false. It means they do not currently hold a belief in the existence of a god. What you don't believe has absolutely nothing to do with your fervor to spread your outlook to the rest of society.

I am atheist, btw. I don't have a membership card though and don't pay dues.

Blake
04-30-2015, 01:09 PM
It's all about context as I have explained many times before. You're doing the same thing randomguy did which is go to your fav bible hating website such as evilbible.com and posting "bad" or "evil" bible passages. I can tell that you have zero knowledge of the bible or have actually done any studying or examining if your own. If you are really interested pick up a bible and deeply examine what you're reading. I can pick passages out of tons of books and make them seem bad or evil if I don't read in context.

^ posts memes about atheists spending time talking about Christians

^ has 25 of 52 posts in this thread

RD2191
04-30-2015, 01:14 PM
^ posts memes about atheists spending time talking about Christians

^ has 25 of 52 posts in this thread
hey memes are memes. They're funny, don't add much to the discussion but still funny.

Blake
04-30-2015, 01:24 PM
^ 26

RandomGuy
05-01-2015, 11:58 AM
They pick who you marry? And what is shunning? Have you ever been to a meeting? Are you just getting info from what a disgruntled hipster woman is saying on youtube?

Dunno. You tell me, that's why I am asking.

Can you marry a mormon, if you wanted to?

phyzik
05-02-2015, 03:16 AM

The difference is, the Bible is portrayed as God's word, who is supposed to be a perfect being. How can he get shit so wrong that 2 versions of his bibliography had to be written and still read like a horror novel?

You cant have it both ways, It is either a book written by men who didn't know the difference between crap and shit 3000 years ago, or if you follow the scripture, it was penned by men who interpreted the word of god directly and the "god" is a fucking asshole.

Again, I have read both the old and new testament, cover to cover, several times... and several different interpretations of them... Using logical thought, it is obvious that the bibles (new or old testament) are complete utter bullshit. You can wish for something to be true all you want, but wishes dont equal facts.

For example, I WISH you had a rational and logical mind, but that wish doesn't negate the fact that you are a wishful thinking pleb who wants to worship a non-existent sky daddy!

xellos88330
05-02-2015, 09:39 AM
Atheism is just plain hilarious.

They use monkey bones to prove their theories.

RD2191
05-02-2015, 10:11 AM

It's ridiculous.

DMC
05-02-2015, 12:45 PM

wut

DMC
05-02-2015, 12:54 PM
The difference is, the Bible is portrayed as God's word, who is supposed to be a perfect being. How can he get shit so wrong that 2 versions of his bibliography had to be written and still read like a horror novel?

Two versions? Which two versions would that be? Last I checked the Bible consists of 66 books.

You cant have it both ways, It is either a book written by men who didn't know the difference between crap and shit 3000 years ago, or if you follow the scripture, it was penned by men who interpreted the word of god directly and the "god" is a fucking asshole.

Or you can interpret it as the writings of religious men who never ventured more than a hundred miles or so from the place they were born, altered and sculpted over the centuries to fit the narrative that leaders, who fancied themselves as demigods, directed and coerced.

There's nothing in the Bible that claims it to be the word of a god. It's books of authors, even then some of those attributed with writing these books likely couldn't even write. I highly doubt Moses ever wrote a single word. Since Jesus didn't seem to be literate, why were his disciples literate? Where's the book of Jesus? I mean, if God can write on stone atop a mountain, why can't Jesus do it on papyrus using a stylus, in the flesh?

Again, I have read both the old and new testament, cover to cover, several times... and several different interpretations of them... Using logical thought, it is obvious that the bibles (new or old testament) are complete utter bullshit. You can wish for something to be true all you want, but wishes dont equal facts.

They are meditations and stories of uneducated folks, at least by today's standards. There's no reason to consider them anything but old wisdom. Truths are universally transcendent, and in almost every religion the same idioms exist about living, respect, honor, honesty and love.

For example, I WISH you had a rational and logical mind, but that wish doesn't negate the fact that you are a wishful thinking pleb who wants to worship a non-existent sky daddy!
It's true that a lot of people need to be led, and since people see themselves as the highest life form ever, completely separate from nature, it has to be some uber fantastic entity that leads them.

Blake
05-02-2015, 01:16 PM

That's hilarious