PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: An ode to Cuban

djohn2oo8
04-29-2015, 07:43 AM
On the Rockets making inquiries on Dirk in the trade market:

“I was like, ‘Are you kidding me?’ He asked if we’d trade Dirk. At first I thought it was taunting, but now knowing more about Daryl I don’t think it was in hindsight. That’s just not his style. It says a lot about their approach more than anything else. They just have a different understanding and approach to chemistry than we do. Some teams, and that’s not just the Rockets, just put together talent and the talent takes care of itself. We think chemistry matters. When Carmelo came to visit us, there was no chance that we were going to put him in someone else’s jersey number and put it on the outside of the arena. That’s not our style.”

LOL Rondo.

DMX7
04-29-2015, 07:48 AM
Would love to see Cuban's facial expressions from last night's game.

Buddy Mignon
04-29-2015, 09:05 AM
He looked like he was crying.

Franklin
04-29-2015, 09:33 AM
they acquired Rondo because they thought he would be a good fit for this team with his hardcore defense and therefore he would have good chemistry with teammates, but unfortunately it as you see it turned out just the very opposite. The series would've gone 6 or even 7 games had son of a bitch not played at all, tbh.

The mavs should seriously consider trading Dirk to a true contender in exchange for some picks and young prospects, and it'd be a win-win deal for both the team and Dirk himself. The Mavs would get some decent resources for the preparation of their immense rebuilding process, and Dirk would be able to make his last push for a second ring before retiring. Some people said Paul Pierce was as safe a celtic as Tim Duncan was a Spur, so, if Paul Pierce could be traded, Dirk too!!!

cantthinkofanything
04-29-2015, 10:00 AM
they acquired Rondo because they thought he would be a good fit for this team with his hardcore defense and therefore he would have good chemistry with teammates, but unfortunately it as you see it turned out just the very opposite. The series would've gone 6 or even 7 games had son of a bitch not played at all, tbh.

The mavs should seriously consider trading Dirk to a true contender in exchange for some picks and young prospects, and it'd be a win-win deal for both the team and Dirk himself. The Mavs would get some decent resources for the preparation of their immense rebuilding process, and Dirk would be able to make his last push for a second ring before retiring. Some people said Paul Pierce was as safe a celtic as Tim Duncan was a Spur, so, if Paul Pierce could be traded, Dirk too!!!

Dirk isn't going anywhere. I don't think he would ever leave the Mavs and I don't think they'd ever want him to. He's on the Mount Rushmore of Dallas athletes. Other than Aikman, I don't know anyone else that is revered as much as he is. Not Smith or even Staubach.

Besides, no one is going to give up decent picks or prospects for him. He'll ride this out and they'll all be happy with the 1 ring.

The Pierce analogy is way off.

djohn2oo8
04-29-2015, 10:19 AM
Would love to see Cuban's facial expressions from last night's game.

http://www.fototime.com/ACB608EC96FD7E0/large.jpg

sook
04-29-2015, 11:50 AM

“I was like, ‘Are you kidding me?’ He asked if we’d trade Dirk. At first I thought it was taunting, but now knowing more about Daryl I don’t think it was in hindsight. That’s just not his style. It says a lot about their approach more than anything else. They just have a different understanding and approach to chemistry than we do. Some teams, and that’s not just the Rockets, just put together talent and the talent takes care of itself. We think chemistry matters. When Carmelo came to visit us, there was no chance that we were going to put him in someone else’s jersey number and put it on the outside of the arena. That’s not our style.”

LOL Rondo.
He fucked up big time with the rondo stuff, and fuck Cuban and his snide remarks...but what he said there wasn't wrong.

djohn2oo8
04-29-2015, 11:59 AM
He fucked up big time with the rondo stuff, and fuck Cuban and his snide remarks...but what he said there wasn't wrong.

Rockets really haven't had bad chemistry. Coaching has been a problem.

Double-Up
04-29-2015, 12:17 PM
Dirk isn't going anywhere. I don't think he would ever leave the Mavs and I don't think they'd ever want him to. He's on the Mount Rushmore of Dallas athletes. Other than Aikman, I don't know anyone else that is revered as much as he is. Not Smith or even Staubach.

Besides, no one is going to give up decent picks or prospects for him. He'll ride this out and they'll all be happy with the 1 ring.

The Pierce analogy is way off.

lol, Staubach...Hank Hill would disagree with you there. :lol

Indazone
04-29-2015, 12:53 PM
Because that’s not a very good team over there. - Mark Cuban

https://vine.co/v/e7ZiFqlWd5K

cantthinkofanything
04-29-2015, 01:32 PM
lol, Staubach...Hank Hill would disagree with you there. :lol

:lol I seriously thought about his disapproval when I wrote that. I literally took it out and put it back in a couple of times.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
04-29-2015, 01:36 PM
Rondo wouldn't have been nearly as bad if Ellis wasn't on the team. People don't like to admit it, but Ellis is just as much of a cancer as Rondo. He holds onto the ball lots, and doesn't look for passes. He has the ability to score a lot in bunches, but in reality is just a volume shooter. If I were Dallas, I would let Ellis go. He has shown he can't lead a team properly himself (Bucks was an 8 seed with him and Jennings), and once Dirk leaves, if he is asked to lead himself, isn't going to bode well.

If I was Dirk I would be pissed that Ellis always takes the last shot. I've seen too many times where he's forced the shot and it was nowhere close. It's like he forgets he has one of the best shooters ever, probably the best since Larry Bird, yet he decides to chuck up a contested mid-range shot.

It's like everyone except Cuban knew the transition with Rondo wouldn't work.. and he's taking all the blame from the media because all the media cares about is points. Rondo wasn't great this year, but he was relegated to standing in the corner a lot.. not his game at all.

djohn2oo8
04-29-2015, 01:58 PM

DAF86
04-29-2015, 02:04 PM

LOL Rondo.

lol What? Is this the same guy that traded pieces of a 60 something wins team to get Jason Kidd and fucked the core of a championship team for a chance to get Howard? :lmao

Leetonidas
04-29-2015, 02:12 PM
Sucks for Dirk, poor bastard took 8 million a season for this shit? :lol

djohn2oo8
04-29-2015, 02:17 PM
lol What? Is this the same guy that traded pieces of a 60 something wins team to get Jason Kidd and fucked the core of a championship team for a chance to get Howard? :lmao

What's funny is Cuban agreed to sign Parsons to that ridiculous contract to screw Houston's salary cap, and in the process Cuban fucks up chemistry with his players pissed off at the money Parsons is making.

Clipper Nation
04-29-2015, 03:58 PM
Cuban's done everything in his power to fuck up Dirk's career post-2011, but at least he got a ring. Morey has won two playoff series ever.

djohn2oo8
04-29-2015, 04:12 PM
Cuban's done everything in his power to fuck up Dirk's career post-2011, but at least he got a ring. Morey has won two playoff series ever.

Cuban inherited Dirk. Morey inherited a broken Yao and McGrady :lol

mavsfan1000
04-29-2015, 04:31 PM
What's funny is Cuban agreed to sign Parsons to that ridiculous contract to screw Houston's salary cap, and in the process Cuban fucks up chemistry with his players pissed off at the money Parsons is making.
You know before the injury, Parsons was our best player right?

Indazone
04-29-2015, 04:48 PM
In other news...Rockets fire their social media manager for this tweet :lol

http://rockets.clutchfans.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/rockets-mavericks-tweet.jpg

djohn2oo8
04-29-2015, 04:58 PM
You know before the injury, Parsons was our best player right?

That's the thing. He isn't built to withstand a season being a top option. He has had back issues and now possible microfracture knee surgery. Not to mention, he's one dimensional.