PDA

View Full Version : Danny Green almost loses the game for us

Gervin44Silas13
04-29-2015, 07:46 AM
Thank God for Old Man Riverwalk

Green is just terrible

I honestly thought that Kawhi and Green were gonna be the dynamic duo to lead the Spurs into the next generation
Kawhi has established that he is having a hell of a series....Green on the other hand aside from the 2013 Finals performance has quietly become "the Cleveland resevere"
beyond the fact he partied with Queen James after the 2013 loss....you gotta wonder...if that was me id be pissed!!! Especially when your team was 6 secs away from winning it.
Granted our team got 5....but why hasn't Green put work into his game to be better?

DJR210
04-29-2015, 07:58 AM
This could have been added to your "F U Danny Green" thread?

..and yeah, Tim is carrying him, Diaw, Splitter and Parker's corpses on his rotting 39 year old knees. Duncan better have got one hell of a rejuvenating blowjob from Vanessa when he got off that plane this morning.

Cklbmk
04-29-2015, 08:34 AM

..and yeah, Tim is carrying him, Diaw, Splitter and Parker's corpses on his rotting 39 year old knees. Duncan better have got one hell of a rejuvenating blowjob from Vanessa when he got off that plane this morning.

It should probably be from Parker tbh. Look at that fat contract he got him.

Parker = Rondo without the big 3

Budkin
04-29-2015, 08:35 AM
Thank God for Old Man Riverwalk

Green is just terrible

I honestly thought that Kawhi and Green were gonna be the dynamic duo to lead the Spurs into the next generation
Kawhi has established that he is having a hell of a series....Green on the other hand aside from the 2013 Finals performance has quietly become "the Cleveland resevere"
beyond the fact he partied with Queen James after the 2013 loss....you gotta wonder...if that was me id be pissed!!! Especially when your team was 6 secs away from winning it.
Granted our team got 5....but why hasn't Green put work into his game to be better?

He'll recover, he's just in a slump right now.

cjw
04-29-2015, 08:43 AM
Green played some very good D yesterday. Hit a few shots, and the rest will eventually keep falling.

During the flow of the game, it's easy to get pissed at him and Parker but looking back at yesterday, they did an adequate job. When Paul/Crawford/Redick/Barnes combine for 47 on 44 shots, you've got to be happy with the back court and wing D.

Thank god there are no other Blakes to face in the playoffs. One more game and defensive matchups improve. Timmy did a great job on him yesterday after everyone else failed.

DJR210
04-29-2015, 08:44 AM
He'll recover, he's just in a slump right now.

This.

100%duncan
04-29-2015, 09:23 AM
Green 1

Gervin + Silas 0

MultiTroll
04-29-2015, 09:51 AM
Greens O is largely dependent on where and when he gets the ball.
Enrique is terrible at distributing.

unleashbaynes
04-29-2015, 09:54 AM
OP should consider ending it all.

Old School 44
04-29-2015, 10:17 AM
Just in a slump. The slump has him playing less confidently. He just seems real indecisive on offense.
He will be fine.

Gervin44Silas13
04-30-2015, 06:52 AM
Now that was the post of the day....I was 39 had a monster block on da Griff, having a hell of a series I get a BJ from Vanessa everyday!!!!!

Duncan better have got one hell of a rejuvenating blowjob from Vanessa when he got off that plane this morning.

z0sa
04-30-2015, 07:32 AM
DG's been fucking terrible offensively. Mental midget status on offense thus far these playoffs. But that said, his defense has been more than acceptable.

Gervin44Silas13
04-30-2015, 09:49 AM
:nope

Gervin44Silas13
04-30-2015, 09:50 AM
He better show up tonite I'm so freaking tired of him not showing up and fans giving him a pass

He reminds me of how Wayne Fontes was a nice guy but couldn't coach the Lions to win!

in2deep
04-30-2015, 09:52 AM
he'll show up tonight. I'm not worried about Green.

Worried about Splitter, Duncan(tired), Manu and of course parker

Raven
04-30-2015, 09:58 AM
pop is not calling the motion offence so he doesn't get clean shots at all and pop is giving him inconsistent minutes therefore he has no rhythm, which kills him.

manufan10
04-30-2015, 11:00 AM
Except that he won the game by hustling and helped Kawhi rebound that missed FT at the end. If CP3 doesn't grab and hold onto his other arm DG would have secured the rebound.

He's just in a shooting slump. Sure it's not the best time to go cold, but he's shown that he is a playoff performer. He will likely hit some big shots tonight.

testies
04-30-2015, 11:21 AM

shut up, diaw has been amazing

DAF86
04-30-2015, 12:45 PM
I also think Danny shouldn't have finished the game the other day but c'mon now :lol. Danny was huge last season too. He's probably the most important Spurs, when he plays well the Spurs are pretty much unbeatable.

04-30-2015, 12:48 PM
At least Green is lowering his contract value so the Spurs can re-sign him next season.

james evans
04-30-2015, 01:02 PM
parker has just been overall terrible period..

james evans
04-30-2015, 01:02 PM
At least Green is lowering his contract value so the Spurs can re-sign him next season.
If someone is willing to over pay him, the spurs should let him go. We'll never hear from green again on another team. He's gary neal/roger mason status if he leaves

MultiTroll
04-30-2015, 01:18 PM
parker has just been overall terrible period..
True but he feeds off timing and transition catch and shoots.
Enriques dribble dribble dribble clank esp at the start of both halfs has been horrible.

Concur with you, esp the Kwa pass to wide open Green for the game winner.
He just clanked like a lot of his shots this series.

Positive side? He's got to heat up again sometime, he's not playoff Bonner.
Tonight!

spurspokesman
04-30-2015, 01:24 PM
After what he did in the finals I will never count this kid out. He'll be alright

BatManu20
04-30-2015, 01:24 PM
Danny has hit a ton of big shots for us over the years. But Spurfan tend to focus on the negative. He's not shooting it well right now, that's obvious. This happens to shooters, where they go through dry spells, sometimes at the worst time possible. Danny just needs to keep shooting, and hopefully he'll find that groove tha he's usually in, cause the Spurs are going to need him if they want to make any sort of deep run.

Malik Hairston
04-30-2015, 01:31 PM
:lol it's amazing that so many people here don't realize that Green has been a historically good shooter in the playoffs the past 2 years..Spurs don't even come close to a title without him in either year

http://i61.tinypic.com/29bhtsp.jpg

Many players get hot for a series or 2, but to sustain his shooting %s throughout 2 consecutive Finals runs is historically good

Malik Hairston
04-30-2015, 01:33 PM
Realistically, as strange as it is to say, he may be better off leaving the Spurs IMO..the rest of the league is diverting from ISO-ball and mimicking the Spurs, and Green has trouble creating his own shot..with the Spurs' lacking in playmakers, with Manu's impending retirement and Parker's decline, he may be better off going to another team that can create shots for him(I hope he doesn't, obviously)..

timtonymanu
04-30-2015, 01:39 PM
OP seems a little "special"

Brazil
04-30-2015, 01:47 PM
:lol terrible thread

:cry he partied with Lebron James :cry

ceperez
04-30-2015, 01:59 PM

Agree... when he drives in the lane, he's just terrible.

Let's be honest though, he's got as much talent as Bruce Bowen. If we dial down our expectations, then Green is playing to his level.

DJR210
04-30-2015, 02:21 PM
shut up, diaw has been amazing

Diaw was solid in game 3 and hit a timely 3 in game 5, hardly see that as amazing

Gervin44Silas13
04-30-2015, 02:25 PM
At least Bruce could hit a three

Agree... when he drives in the lane, he's just terrible.

Let's be honest though, he's got as much talent as Bruce Bowen. If we dial down our expectations, then Green is playing to his level.

FkLA
04-30-2015, 03:37 PM
OP is a moron.

In Clipper wins CP3 is averaging 33 ppg on like 61.5% shooting. In losses he's averaging 15.7 ppg on 45% shooting. The latter numbers coincidentally happen to be when LDN gets his minutes and is allowed to hound him aka he more than makes up for his shooting slump by keeping CP3 in check.