PDA

View Full Version : You've got to feel for the loser of the series..

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
04-29-2015, 01:18 PM
These teams are arguably two of the best four teams in the league, and it's such a shame that one of these teams will go out in the first round. Big time Spurs fan here (obviously), but it's going to be tough to see a team that has played so great in LAC get eliminated, even at our expense.

Houston on the other hand, fuck em :lol..

illusioNtEk
04-29-2015, 01:20 PM
yea alot of people don't understand how good this Clipper team is.... this could possibly be the toughest team to beat this year for us.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
04-29-2015, 01:22 PM
yea alot of people don't understand how good this Clipper team is.... this could possibly be the toughest team to beat this year for us.

This reminds me a lot of the Dallas series last year. This LAC team is a GREAT tune up for us, and could really have us overachieve in the next round of the playoffs. If we would have came in against Portland, or Dallas, I think there would be a lot more cliff-jumping in the latter rounds when we struggled against top teams. Not to mention it probably opened the eyes of our players.

This is, of course, considering we win game six or seven.

LongtimeSpursFan
04-29-2015, 01:29 PM
These teams are arguably two of the best four teams in the league, and it's such a shame that one of these teams will go out in the first round. Big time Spurs fan here (obviously), but it's going to be tough to see a team that has played so great in LAC get eliminated, even at our expense.

This may be the best team the Spurs have faced in the first round.

jdelar03
04-29-2015, 01:30 PM
If the Spurs win hats off to them but not gonna feel sorry for them much respect for them but it is what it is. Kind of like beating the pistons 05 hats off, now lets celebrate.

Budkin
04-29-2015, 01:36 PM

Reminds me of 2006 when we played the WCF in the second round against Dallas.

Cry Havoc
04-29-2015, 01:36 PM
This may be the best team the Spurs have faced in the first round.

This is easily the toughest first round opponent we've ever faced. By a fairly wide margin. Hell, 2nd might also be a Chris Paul led team, when he was in New Orleans.

SpursFan86
04-29-2015, 01:40 PM
Reminds me of 2006 when we played the WCF in the second round against Dallas.

Or 2007 when we played our toughest series against Phoenix in the 2nd round.

Unfortunately, though, we'll likely still have to play GS in the WCF should we get there...and that will be our toughest series. Hopefully Memphis can at least make it an interesting series and make them work for it.

On the bright side, with Love most likely out for the playoffs, I think we'll have a clear advantage over anyone we play in the Finals. Long ways to go before we start really thinking about that, though.

SpursFan86
04-29-2015, 01:43 PM
This is easily the toughest first round opponent we've ever faced. By a fairly wide margin. Hell, 2nd might also be a Chris Paul led team, when he was in New Orleans.

I think the Suns in '07 were probably our toughest 2nd round matchup ...that team was amazing.

But yeah, this is without a doubt the toughest first round opponent we've faced. I don't think people realize how crazy of a 1st round this is. Clippers and Spurs were 2nd and 3rd respectively in terms of SRS. Both had 6+ SRS...it's insane that two teams of this caliber are playing each other in the 1st round. I'm honestly not sure there has ever been a matchup in the 1st round with teams better than these two.

Dex
04-29-2015, 01:43 PM

That was WCSF, wasn't it? Then we went to lose the WCF to the Lakers.

cantthinkofanything
04-29-2015, 01:45 PM
I bet the Clippers are super pissed at Pop for that Knicks loss.

SpursFan86
04-29-2015, 01:45 PM

I initially read his post like that too, but I think he meant our toughest 2nd round opponent. Couldn't tell if he was talking about our 2nd toughest first round matchup, or our toughest 2nd round matchup.

Cry Havoc
04-29-2015, 01:46 PM

Ah that's true, for some reason I thought it was 1st round.

Cry Havoc
04-29-2015, 01:47 PM
I initially read his post like that too, but I think he meant our toughest 2nd round opponent. Couldn't tell if he was talking about our 2nd toughest first round matchup, or our toughest 2nd round matchup.

I was, and I was mistaken. Haha. I'm just used to seeing Chris Paul lose in the first round, sadly.

BatManu20
04-29-2015, 01:48 PM

Series ain't over bruh..

in2deep
04-29-2015, 01:50 PM
Spurs are 5 time champs. everything comes to an end so I don't think they'll take it hard at all.

Clippers on the other hand. They would blow up the team at the very minimum. :lol

boutons_deux
04-29-2015, 02:11 PM
Ballmer's $2B to be entertained was a very high price.

SpurPadre
04-29-2015, 03:24 PM
If we can close this, I wouldn't feel bad for the Clips because I think they have a bunch of assholes on their team. Still, last night's win felt undeserved. We got the benefit of quite a few calls and I hate to win like that. I think we're better than what we showed last night, though. Hopefully, we can prove that and win convincingly tomorrow.

Beaverfuzz
04-29-2015, 03:26 PM
This is easily the toughest team that the Spurs have played in the playoffs this year. Yeah I said it.

RD2191
04-29-2015, 03:27 PM
This is easily the toughest team that the Spurs have played in the playoffs this year. Yeah I said it.
:wakeup

gambit1990
04-29-2015, 03:28 PM
fuck the clippers. if the basketball isn't in their hand they're bitching to the ref.

Beaverfuzz
04-29-2015, 03:37 PM

You may need remedial English...read it again.

Or shall I spoil it and say that they're the worst team that the Spurs have played in the playoffs this year?

RD2191
04-29-2015, 03:43 PM
You may need remedial English...read it again.

Or shall I spoil it and say that they're the worst team that the Spurs have played in the playoffs this year?

pongo
04-29-2015, 03:44 PM

That 2005 Denver team is a close contender. They were crazy hot after the all-star break (only lost 3 games if iirc). Carmelo was good, Boykin was a spurs killer. Andre miller was still playing well, they had camby and Kenyon Martin. They had a good coach and the altitude is supposed to be a factor. Unfortunately for them we had prime Duncan and Manu, but that was probably one of the tougher first round series. Still agree
this clippers team is tougher

boutons_deux
04-29-2015, 03:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyBcHUe4WeQ

szkorhetz
04-29-2015, 03:55 PM
Series ain't over bruh..

Spurs 4 The Win
04-29-2015, 04:20 PM
That 2005 Denver team is a close contender. They were crazy hot after the all-star break (only lost 3 games if iirc). Carmelo was good, Boykin was a spurs killer. Andre miller was still playing well, they had camby and Kenyon Martin. They had a good coach and the altitude is supposed to be a factor. Unfortunately for them we had prime Duncan and Manu, but that was probably one of the tougher first round series. Still agree
this clippers team is tougher

lol, the Suns team in 08 was the 2nd toughest team and it isnt even close.

Beaverfuzz
04-29-2015, 04:20 PM

Did ElNoNo take the brain with him to work today?

ElNono
04-29-2015, 04:27 PM
I don't remember getting so far up somebody's ass with a mere 5-10 posts in like a couple years, tbh :lol

therealtruth
04-29-2015, 05:59 PM
Everyone forgetting about 2011?

spurraider21
04-29-2015, 06:04 PM
Everyone forgetting about 2011?
those grizzlies weren't that great. the spurs just sucked. duncan was at his worst, manu had a bionic arm, dejuan blair and matt bonner were rotation players, and richard jefferson was starting

EVAY
04-29-2015, 06:05 PM
Each team has to be experiencing some level of fear of what a failure to advance says about their legacy.

For the Clips, a loss will be interpreted and covered as another 'can't get out of the ___ round of playoffs, and CP3 will take a hit for once again not being able to get through the playoffs.

For the Spurs, a loss will be interpreted and covered as another 'can't repeat', and "From Champs to a First round exit" and the eulogies will begin for them.

DJR210
04-29-2015, 06:18 PM
those grizzlies weren't that great. the spurs just sucked. duncan was at his worst, manu had a bionic arm, dejuan blair and matt bonner were rotation players, and richard jefferson was starting

This. The 2015 Clippers would beat them 4-1 tops IMO.

DMC
04-29-2015, 06:41 PM
You guys can all this team tough all you want. They aren't much different from last year, but the Spurs are. If you think this team is tough, you'll shit your pants when the Spurs face the Warriors.

spurraider21
04-29-2015, 07:05 PM
You guys can all this team tough all you want. They aren't much different from last year, but the Spurs are. If you think this team is tough, you'll shit your pants when the Spurs face the Warriors.
why? curry will just check them out of it and draymond green won't fit

tim_duncan_fan
04-29-2015, 07:09 PM
I won't feel bad for either team. Losers go home at that's what keeps the Earth spinning.

If Deandre Jordan can't hit freethrows or Manu passes to the wrong team again, fuck'em.

Shoulda came to win.

spurs10
04-29-2015, 07:17 PM
I want to beat these guys no matter what! I have a drawer full of tickets and I want to use them! :flag:

100%duncan
04-30-2015, 12:11 AM
Fuck the Clippers.