PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Rank the playoff teams in the form of a Power Ranking

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
04-29-2015, 01:27 PM
For best teams this year.

I don't believe records indicate performance.

1) Spurs
2) Warriors
3) Clippers
4) Hawks
5) Cavaliers
6) Grizzlies
7) Wizards (dangerous sleeper in East)
8) Rockets
9) Bulls (poor version of Grizz.. need serious rebuilding.. living off past accomplishments)
10) Mavericks
11) Pelicans
12) Blazers (not in as tough division as Mavs/Pels.. .500 record since 30-8 start)
13) Raptors
14) Bucks (very scary team in next few years)
15) Nets (sometimes they play like a top 5 team.. way, way too inconsistent)
16) Celtics (lots of upside)

in2deep
04-29-2015, 01:33 PM
as of today (including round 1 performance):

1) Warriors

2) Spurs
3) Clippers

4) Rockets

5) Grizzlies
6) Cavs

7) Wizards

8) Hawks
9) Bulls
10) Nets
11) Bucks

12) Pelicans
13) Mavericks

14) Blazers
15) Raptors
16) Celtics

Cry Havoc
04-29-2015, 01:34 PM
Blazers are somewhat understandable given their injuries. They're demoralized AND hurt, no one was expecting them to win a game against Grindhouse.

in2deep
04-29-2015, 01:41 PM
damn Spurs might have to go through the top 4 strongest teams in the league in order to repeat :wow

sook
04-29-2015, 01:52 PM
Damn, I'm a big skeptic of our team...but you have us right above the bulls?? :lmao

Cry Havoc
04-29-2015, 01:53 PM
as of today (including round 1 performance):

1) Warriors

2) Spurs
3) Clippers

4) Rockets

5) Grizzlies
6) Cavs

7) Wizards

8) Hawks
9) Bulls
10) Nets
11) Bucks

12) Pelicans
13) Mavericks

14) Blazers
15) Raptors
16) Celtics

That's a solid list tbh, although I'd have the Raptors below the Celtics.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
04-29-2015, 01:54 PM
Damn, I'm a big skeptic of our team...but you have us right above the bulls?? :lmao

I don't understand your post. Do you think they should be below the Bulls? Remember, they were one Spurs loss away from being a six seed in the conference, and in my opinion, a first round exit. The teams I put ahead of them are solely teams that I think would give the Rockets a tough time in a seven game series, and probably bounce them.

in2deep
04-29-2015, 01:55 PM
That's a solid list tbh, although I'd have the Raptors below the Celtics.

agree. Raptors just folded since game 1

sook
04-29-2015, 01:58 PM
I don't understand your post. Do you think they should be below the Bulls? Remember, they were one Spurs loss away from being a six seed in the conference, and in my opinion, a first round exit. The teams I put ahead of them are solely teams that I think would give the Rockets a tough time in a seven game series, and probably bounce them.

You seriously think the Wiz/Grizzlies/Cavs/ (Hawks is a toss up IMO) can beat us in a 7 game series? The reason the rockets fell like they did is because they had so many players injured. TJ and Dwight were injured most of the yr, then towards the end DMO/PB got injured...thats 2 starters right there.

Watching the games against GS this yr, I'm pretty sure its a toss up against them too. Two of them were losses due to being extremely short handed and 2 were fluky bad games. I would pick GS in 7, but its close.

The two teams I don't think we really have a chance against are the two we are expected to play. The clippers, despite 2-2 will beat us on the boards and hold Harden down. Spurs are spurs.

Malik Hairston
04-29-2015, 01:59 PM
Without overreacting to what has happened, so far:

1- Warriors
2- Spurs
3- Clippers
4- Rockets
5- Cavs
6- Hawks
7- Grizzlies
8- Pelicans
9- Mavs
10- Wizards
11- Bulls
12- Blazers
13- Bucks
14- Raptors
15- Nets
16- Celtics

sook
04-29-2015, 02:00 PM

1- Warriors
2- Spurs
3- Clippers
4- Rockets
5- Cavs
6- Hawks
7- Grizzlies
8- Pelicans
9- Mavs
10- Wizards
11- Bulls
12- Blazers
13- Bucks
14- Raptors
15- Nets
16- Celtics

:tu, I think head to head its a toss up but Hawks are better PO team due to Bud's coaching and their style of play.

Cry Havoc
04-29-2015, 02:00 PM

1- Warriors
2- Spurs
3- Clippers
4- Rockets
5- Cavs
6- Hawks
7- Grizzlies
8- Pelicans
9- Mavs
10- Wizards
11- Bulls
12- Blazers
13- Bucks
14- Raptors
15- Nets
16- Celtics

How would love being out for the post-season change this for you? I'd have to move them down pretty far, probably to 9th. I think you also have the Bulls too low given that Rose is healthy again.

Malik Hairston
04-29-2015, 02:01 PM
Hawks look like shit because of Horford's injury, tbh..I've watched all of the games in that series, and he just can't shoot the mid-range J anymore, which is arguably their deadliest play..Lopez is leaving him open all day, but he can't make them..

It's also killing their spacing, too, which is allowing them to overload on Korver..

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
04-29-2015, 02:04 PM
You seriously think the Wiz/Grizzlies/Cavs/ (Hawks is a toss up IMO) can beat us in a 7 game series? The reason the rockets fell like they did is because they had so many players injured. TJ and Dwight were injured most of the yr, then towards the end DMO/PB got injured...thats 2 starters right there.

Watching the games against GS this yr, I'm pretty sure its a toss up against them too. Two of them were losses due to being extremely short handed and 2 were fluky bad games. I would pick GS in 7, but its close.

The two teams I don't think we really have a chance against are the two we are expected to play. The clippers, despite 2-2 will beat us on the boards and hold Harden down. Spurs are spurs.

I may be overreacting with the Wizards right now, but I have been on their wagon for the last month of the season because they've looked great. I don't think the Rockets would get passed Cleveland or Memphis, though.. Memphis is a team that is built for the playoffs despite their lack of scoring, and I think they could push Houston around. As for Cleveland, I think it really comes down to the star players, and LeBron is simply a better player than Harden and can intergrate his teammates a bit better IMO.. Not to mention he has a clearly better supporting cast. The Hawks are a toss-up, but I'm giving them love simply for what they've accomplished this year.

I do agree that a GS/Houston series would be a toss-up because of their similar style of play. It's not a knock on the Rockets, I think they are a dangerous team, even to the Spurs, but I do not think they are a team built for the playoffs. Not enough depth, some lacking starters, and obvious holes on defense.

Infinite_limit
04-29-2015, 02:13 PM
9) Bulls (poor version of Grizz.. need serious rebuilding.. living off past accomplishments)

Warriors and Cavs are the only teams I'd trade rosters with

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
04-29-2015, 02:19 PM
Warriors and Cavs are the only teams I'd trade rosters with

The roster looks good on paper, and would dominant champs in 09-11 maybe. At this point, though, they are a shell of their former self. Noah isn't an elite defender anymore, Rose isn't what he used to be and lacks consistency, and Pau is good, but not as good as his stats show. They have some promising building blocks in Butler, Mirocic, McDermott, and Snell.. but if I were them I would get rid of quite a few of their players if this year they don't get passed the Bucks. Hinrich, Dunleavy, Brooks all need to go. I would even trade Noah at the right price before his value gets lower than it already is.

Jenks
04-29-2015, 02:26 PM
Spurs
Warriors
Grizzlies
Clippers
Hawks
Bulls

Rockets
Cavs
Wizards
Pelicans
Raptors
Bucks
Mavs
Celtics
Nets
Blazers

The line separates teams that can and can't win it.

cantthinkofanything
04-29-2015, 02:28 PM
Yeah. This is just like Power Rankings.