PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: Deandre Jordan says he's interested in going to Dallas.

Cry Havoc
04-29-2015, 01:39 PM

BatManu20
04-29-2015, 01:42 PM
He gone.

BatManu20
04-29-2015, 01:43 PM
If it's between saying with the clips and going to Dallas, the latter would be a terrible decision. Hope Cuban gives him the max.

in2deep
04-29-2015, 01:44 PM
DeCision Jordan?

Robz4000
04-29-2015, 01:45 PM
Oh damn, maybe the Clippers have quit...

DAF86
04-29-2015, 01:46 PM
Great timing for this, tbh.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
04-29-2015, 01:46 PM
I don't see a good fit with DeAndre joining the team. They would probably get rid of Ellis to do this, and even then they would need a primary scorer. They would be medicore unless Jordan became a huge sudden offensive threat, and Dirk became a 22-25 ppg player again (highly unlikely). They would also probably have to move some contracts around, against diminishing chemistry. They would probably have to move Chandler - something I don't see happening.

One interesting fit I think for Jordan this off-season is strangely the Lakers. I think that would be a pretty good compliment for Kobe in this stage of his career. Obviously they would have to find another good player or two to become a threat to make the playoffs.. but it would be a very good building block for them, and it's a move DeAndre would take seriously. He has already said he loves LA, and it seems like Griffin and more importantly Paul do not appreciate what he brings to the court. He seems like their scapegoat. You can tell by his body language that he doesn't enjoy their presence at times. Despite his obvious lack of basketball IQ at times.. he is a great locker room presence and a good leader, and I think he could make their team lots better than they are now. They expected bench players like Jordan Hill or Ed Davis to make starting contributions based on per 36 advanced stats, which obviously didn't work (Davis is a solid role player).

Hell, I wouldn't mind Jordan on San Antonio to be honest... just not for the max :lol..

cantthinkofanything
04-29-2015, 01:47 PM

No shit. WTF is he thinking.

EDIT: I guess he's thinking , "what could you (Clippers) have done against the Spurs without me? check please."

Cry Havoc
04-29-2015, 01:48 PM
Clipper Nation how you feel about this dude?

Cry Havoc
04-29-2015, 01:48 PM

Hell yeah, we're one LAC distraction away from heading to Houston for Round 2. At least it won't be much of a flight for our guys to play on the road next round.

Spur-Addict
04-29-2015, 01:49 PM
A lot of money coming off the books, very possible. Don't know how high the front office is on Chandler at this point. But if he wants to take on more responsibility and expand his offensive role, he has to leave. Don't know if he even cares about that.

Chris
04-29-2015, 01:54 PM
Hope he realizes he's not going to feast on cp3 and blake's alley oops. He has zero post game but that fits well with Carlisle's offensive scheme. wouldnt be long though before he snaps when he realizes dirk has absolutely no interest in playing defense

Malik Hairston
04-29-2015, 02:00 PM
He would actually be a great fit with the Mavs IMO..he's a lot better than current Chandler, and it's evident that Dirk needs an elite rim protector next to him..

Monostradamus
04-29-2015, 02:06 PM
This is typical free agent speak

"I'm interested in Dallas" = "No chance in hell I'm going to Dallas, I'm just using Cuban's deep pockets as negotiating leverage"

Infinite_limit
04-29-2015, 02:11 PM
"through back channels"

Not his fault

Sidenote: Messi is larger in your sig than in real life

Clipper Nation
04-29-2015, 03:36 PM
Clipper Nation (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=28500) how you feel about this dude?

One less team to worry about in the West if it happens, tbh. As I've been saying all year, the max is a huge overpay for DJ based on his actual production. If Cuban wants to give him that kind of money based on the vanilla mainstream narrative that DJ is a "fierce rim protector" and "great defensive player" (even though the metrics don't back any of it up), a smart franchise would let him. Unfortunately, our front office will panic and cave in to his demands.

Jenks
04-29-2015, 03:46 PM
"what could you (Clippers) have done against the Spurs without me?
Finished the games in under 4 hours

Cry Havoc
04-29-2015, 03:57 PM
One less team to worry about in the West if it happens, tbh. As I've been saying all year, the max is a huge overpay for DJ based on his actual production. If Cuban wants to give him that kind of money based on the vanilla mainstream narrative that DJ is a "fierce rim protector" and "great defensive player" (even though the metrics don't back any of it up), a smart franchise would let him. Unfortunately, our front office will panic and cave in to his demands.

who would you be comfortable replacing DJ? Because it doesn't seem like they have much stored in the stables right now.

djohn2oo8
04-29-2015, 04:19 PM
:lol Drating says DJ is a better defender than Griffin.

spurraider21
04-29-2015, 04:23 PM
Clipper Nation (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=28500) how you feel about this dude?
he hates everybody in the organization besides blake and ballmer

djohn2oo8
04-29-2015, 04:23 PM

:lol

Cry Havoc
04-29-2015, 04:31 PM

That's what makes his responses fascinating. :lol

Clipper Nation
04-29-2015, 06:02 PM
:lol Drating says DJ is a better defender than Griffin.

Nobody claims Blake is a good defender, because he isn't one. That's an awfully low bar for a "DPOY candidate" to clear. That's like saying that Rudy Gay is an elite scorer because he's better offensively than Tony Allen.

Meanwhile, DJ is hyped up as a great rim protector, but the stats show he's actually worse than players like Brook fucking Lopez and Jonas Valanciunas:

http://nyloncalculus.com/stats/rim-protection/

DMC
04-29-2015, 07:03 PM
"back channels" = TSpence

Killakobe81
04-30-2015, 09:51 AM
If he goes to dallas yall will never beat dem Spurs because as long as current rules are in place, POP will force him to the bench with the hack-a-Jordan.

Best of luck though ...

SPM
04-30-2015, 12:16 PM
If he goes to dallas yall will never beat dem Spurs because as long as current rules are in place, POP will force him to the bench with the hack-a-Jordan.

Best of luck though ...

Too bad th current rules aren't gonna be in place come next year.

Killakobe81
04-30-2015, 12:34 PM
Too bad th current rules aren't gonna be in place come next year.

There may be a change but I doubt it will be drastic enough. Really why should they penalize Pop because negro cant shoot FT's? It does make the game boring, I agree. But why change the rules because Jordan, Drummond and a few others cant shoot?

jacobdrj
05-03-2015, 01:10 AM
I think this would be a great fit. Looking forward to DJ on the Mavs.