PDA

View Full Version : Who You Want Your Team To Draft vs. Who You Fear They WILL Draft

spurraider21
04-29-2015, 04:50 PM
Want

Either Leonard Williams or Amari Cooper

Fear

Kevin White

Silver&Black
04-29-2015, 05:36 PM
I "want" and "fear" Jameis Winston.....

Is that a cop-out?

djohn2oo8
04-29-2015, 05:43 PM
Want Todd Gurley, or Davante Parker

Fear
Not sure. Going to look it over

Spur-Addict
04-29-2015, 06:15 PM
I fear we trade up and use too many of our picks. I want us to drain every drop out of our 11 picks, UNLESS it's so obvious that something so valuable is being left on the board. Which is very unlikely.

We have numerous holes so basically best player available in the second round at OL/WR/DL. CB can wait unless he's elite.

The Gemini Method
04-29-2015, 06:40 PM
Nelson Algholor or however its spelled...

Spur-Addict
04-29-2015, 06:47 PM
Nelson Algholor or however its spelled...

He does look undervalued. I think he'll be available in the 2nd round. How late, I don't know.

spurraider21
04-29-2015, 07:04 PM
He does look undervalued. I think he'll be available in the 2nd round. How late, I don't know.
if the raiders land big cat in round 1, i could see us double-dipping at USC to fill our receiver void too, tbh

Spur-Addict
04-29-2015, 07:46 PM
if the raiders land big cat in round 1, i could see us double-dipping at USC to fill our receiver void too, tbh

You'll have plenty of options, WR isn't necessarily a need at that point. There aren't any real #1's that will be left, seems like a reach :lol

spurraider21
04-29-2015, 08:24 PM
You'll have plenty of options, WR isn't necessarily a need at that point. There aren't any real #1's that will be left, seems like a reach :lol
the only true #1's in the draft imo will be Cooper and Parker (DGB if he keeps his head on straight). i'm not a believer in white.

but if you're taking a WR at the top of the 2nd, u usually aren't expecting him to be a WR1 anyway. we need quickness at the WR position. crabs can be a decent possession receiver, and we have tall guys like holmes who are just sideline guys. this is why i dont want white, he's just another pure sidelines guy.

agholor is diet cooper

Spur-Addict
04-29-2015, 08:26 PM
the only true #1's in the draft imo will be Cooper and Parker (DGB if he keeps his head on straight). i'm not a believer in white.

but if you're taking a WR at the top of the 2nd, u usually aren't expecting him to be a WR1 anyway. we need quickness at the WR position. crabs can be a decent possession receiver, and we have tall guys like holmes who are just sideline guys. this is why i dont want white, he's just another pure sidelines guy.

agholor is diet cooper

Which is all the more reason to not reach :bobo

spurraider21
04-29-2015, 08:31 PM
:lol my point is i dont think he'd be a reach in the 2nd. he's about the kind of value thats worth a 2nd and not a first

thought i think a more likely 2nd round pick with we Preston Smith or Owa from ucla. hopefully its a good show, but i can't watch the thing in full, have a final exam on friday :lol

AlexJones
04-29-2015, 09:18 PM
Lions are going to draft whomever they don't need. Yearly tradition

Clipper Nation
04-29-2015, 10:12 PM
Want: Cameron Erving or La'El Collins

Fear: Mariota, Danny Shelton, or any running back

Avante
04-29-2015, 10:25 PM
I used to get into the draft like all of you are doing. Then it started becoming real obvious that these young cats simply aren't reliable. Some were studs because of the system they were in, some get goofy once big $$$$ arrives their way. We see 1st rounders bust left and right, while 6th rounders shine. There's no method/formula to it, not really.

My Niners need a speed receiver a guy who can back off safties, Don't care who that is if he can run a sub4.40. We also need inside backers and a run stuffer, here you do want big conference studs, we rarely see stud defensive hogs slip by and out into RinkyDinky State. We don't need running backs.

spurraider21
04-29-2015, 10:33 PM
I used to get into the draft like all of you are doing. Then it started becoming real obvious that these young cats simply aren't reliable. Some were studs because of the system they were in, some get goofy once big $$$$ arrives their way. We see 1st rounders bust left and right, while 6th rounders shine. There's no method/formula to it, not really.

My Niners need a speed receiver a guy who can back off safties, Don't care who that is if he can run a sub4.40. We also need inside backers and a run stuffer, here you do want big conference studs, we rarely see stud defensive hogs slip by and out into RinkyDinky State. We don't need running backs.
to a degree, sure. but there's a reason why the first round produces more pro-bowlers and hall of famers than any other round. there is some rhyme and reason to it, but yeah, its not 100% accurate.

some players can inexplicably bust

Spur-Addict
04-29-2015, 10:34 PM
:lol my point is i dont think he'd be a reach in the 2nd. he's about the kind of value thats worth a 2nd and not a first

thought i think a more likely 2nd round pick with we Preston Smith or Owa from ucla. hopefully its a good show, but i can't watch the thing in full, have a final exam on friday :lol

So many pressing needs, no needs to take a WR there right? Just leave Nelson :toast

Infinite_limit
04-29-2015, 11:04 PM
Want

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1416323/images/o-CLEMSON-facebook.jpg

spurraider21
04-29-2015, 11:10 PM
:lol no way beasley is making it that far

Monostradamus
04-29-2015, 11:49 PM
Want a pass rusher
they'll probably trade out, then go OL heavy and at some point take the obligatory TE.

spurraider21
04-30-2015, 01:15 AM
fwiw the randy gregory/shane ray situations could be interesting to monitor, if they actually fall to the 2nd round... that's some interesting value

Holden_Caulfield
04-30-2015, 01:35 AM
Want

Either Leonard Williams, Amari Cooper or trade down

Fear

a pass rusher
fixed for my jags

spurraider21
04-30-2015, 01:35 AM
fixed for my jags
most guesses have you guys going fowler. i could see them taking cooper, but i hope not . worst case scenario is Winstin-Williams-Cooper.

if that happens, i REALLY hope we trade down and sell the mariota pick

Holden_Caulfield
04-30-2015, 01:38 AM
most guesses have you guys going fowler. i could see them taking cooper, but i hope not . worst case scenario is Winstin-Williams-Cooper.

if that happens, i REALLY hope we trade down and sell the mariota pick
the browns might trade their first round picks.

i dont see any of the pass rusher worth the third overall pick at all. i dont want them to reach again :(

Kyle Orton
04-30-2015, 02:12 AM
Want Williams or trade down

dont want fowler, looks like another orakpo clone

BatManu20
04-30-2015, 01:17 PM
Want: Kevin Johnson, Malcom Brown, or Shane Ray

Do NOT want: Randy Gregory

Ironically, had you asked me 2 months ago, I would've loved Gregory, as he was a projected Top 10 pick, maybe even top 5, and filled a position of need for us. But, with his addiction to Mary Jane and his apparent bouts of split personality (according to NFL personnel), the last thing we need is another injury prone player/bust or media circus because of a guy who can't stay out of trouble.